cattygal210

~Superheroes vs Villains~

Tony wAs still amused by her helplessness, but he wouldn't force her into anything. "Me? Not far from here, an estate in the countryside. My parents were rather distant, but the servant was kind, so I suppose I cannot complain," he replied after a moment.

Rain listened to him, shifting her position on the couch. She nodded with his words. There were a couple of estates in the area. Although he wasn't noble, he had certainly come from an affluent family. "I grew up with my sister here," she said, but a small frown entered her expression. She couldn't recall anything about their own parents... Strange....

"That's nice," Tony agreed, glancing over and catching her look with a confused one of his own. "Are you well?" He asked, still overly concerned. He shouldn't have freaked out every time she frowned, but for some reason it looked so wrong on her face. Like he should never allow it to happen.

Rain was a bit surprised by his worry. And yet, she was also flattered. "I've already told you; I am perfectly fine," she insisted, with a small giggle at the end - perhaps out of nervousness. Yet it seemed to also make sense that he was concerned - like this was quite normal. "I am touched that you worry so."

Tony cracked a slight smile, tilting his head to one side at her laugh. Yeah, he was being worrisome for no reason. He didn't know why, it just felt right. "I am glad you think so. I am simply inclined to worry for your health."

"I am still flattered," Rain said, before shifting her position on the couch. She fiddled with the green and gold necklace, unsure of what to say. She hadn't ever been great at conversation with people she didn't know well, but it seemed much easier with Sir Stark. Her hane traveled upward, gently touching her bottom lip, and she smiled gently to herself before letting the hand drop.

Tony gazed at her for a few moments, scrutinizing her face. Why did she feel so familiar? He brushed the thought away and smiled once more. "Is there something else you wanted to do? I must admit though I talk often, I have run out of things to say," he admitted sheepishly.

Rain shook her head. "No, nothing in particular." She looked at him, feeling quite the inexplicable urge to, well. Get nearer. Not really aware of her movements, she found herself shifting closer, so that their shoulders brushed. She wanted to cuddle up to him - but why? "Tell me about your adventures in your armour," she suddenly blurted.

Tony automatically put an arm around her. Now this felt more natural. "Well, most recently I stopped a plot to murder the queen. A rogue assassin was attempting to climb over the castle walls several nights ago, but he didn't expect the defense to be flying," he said with a grin. "With a magic blue beam I knocked him clean over the edge. Her Majesty is always safe when I'm around," he boasted.

Rain was indeed quite impressed by his story. "Wow," she breathed. She could imagine him, in her head. Swooping in to save the day, just like some of the knights she had seen returning from quests and battle. It was also comfortable to think that she had a man who was interested in her, that could save her if she was in trouble... She sighed dreamily. "You are truly a hero..."

Tony waved a hand dismissively. "Bah, I merely do what I must to keep everyone safe. You flatter me," he replied with a smile. "I've been all over this realm in my suit of armor, flying wherever I am needed. I would like to show it to you some day."

Rain thought that he quite deserved praise. Such a brave knight, sitting right beside her with his arm around her... It was like a daydream. She looked at him more directly when he mentioned showing it to her; she grinned with excitement. "Oh, I would adore that!" she exclaimed, barely able to keep herself from asking when.

Tony laughed at her eagerness. "Then you shall see it my dear, if only so I may see this joy in your eyes once more," he replied smoothly. He was such a ladies man. "Name the time and you shall see it then."

Rain giggled at his smooth talk. He was so lovely and handsome~ She thought for a couple of moments before coming to a conclusion and straightening. "When I next see you?" she asked. "You could arrive in it? And I would like to see you again soon," she added.

Tony considered this for a moment, then nodded slowly. "I shall, milady. But when can I come to call on you once more?" He asked, kissing her hand. It was okay that he didn't sleep with her, this was better.

Rain blinked down at her hand, a grin creeping across her face for the millionth time that day. Tony made her feel so happy and wanted. "If this is not too forward; perhaps tomorrow?" she asked, hoping dearly that he would agree, and come to visit her again. She could hardly wait...

(I have a brilliant idea. Can we skip to tomorrow after this?)

Tony smiled as he released her hand. "Of course. I will arrive at noon," he promised, rising from the couch and smoothing out his clothing. Then he bent and pressed a chaste kiss to Rain's lips, smiling again. "Until the morrow, Miss Rowe," he murmured warmly.

Rain nodded, accepting the kiss in her stride this time. She looked up at his face, and this time, went with an impulse. Leaning up, she gently pulled down his head and kissed him back. "Yes. Until then," she said breathily, releasing him.

((You can do the skip now, if you so wish. biggrin.gif))

(WHOOSH)

It was true what they said, about people looking like ants from way up high. Tony arced across the sky in his suit of gleaming, magic red armor, flying towards the house of the woman he was courting. Miss Rain Rowe- he couldn't get her out of his mind. She was certainly the girl he'd been searching for. Being near her felt right. A basket tucked safely under his arm, he landed with a loud thud in front of her house and stepped up to the door in order to nod.

Rain had been waiting all day, from the very moment that she had woken up. It all seemed like a wonderful dream - but no, it had been real! The instant she heard the knock, she hurried to the door. She took just a moment to position her hair, and then opened the door. What met her eyes amazed her, and it was quite clear in her face. "Wow..."

Tony knew he cut an impressive figure in his enchanted armor. It made him several inches taller, and looked quite imposing with all the shining metal and weapons stored away. He lifted the face plate of his suit, grinning at the young lady as she gazed at him. "Good morning, Miss Rowe. I hope I am not too early," he greeted, shifting his weight.

((Merry Christmas!))

Rain gazed up at him. He was all tall, and shiny~ "Oh- oh, no! Of course not!" she said, snapping out of her reverie. "I have been excited since we bid eachother goodbye." She twisted her fingers together in front of her, blue eyes sweeping him down and up again. Lovely...

Tony's grin grew wider, and he took her hand, placing a kiss to it. "It is wonderful to see you as well. I brought you something," he replied, holding out the basket towards her. It rustled in his hands but he kept a firm grip, still smiling.

Rain looked quite surprised. "Oh," she said quietly, becoming quite intrigued. It seemed so soon to be exchanging gifts. Taking the basket from him, she opened the top and peered inside...

A wet nose poked out of the basket and snuffled at her, then the whole furry head, tail visibly wagging and making noise as it slapped the basket. "You seemed to like animals, so I could not resist. I did not name the fellow," Tony explained with a smile.

(It's not just any dog! Its Tooooooy Storrrry! Here's a picture: http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/puppies/images...puppy-wallpaper