cattygal210

~Superheroes vs Villains~

Rain let out a squeal at the wet nose, holding it away from her for a moment before bringing the basket close again. "It's a puppy!" she stated needlessly. "It is so adorable!" She gazed at the little animal. So she was supposed to name it. Hm. "I think he should be named... Story," she said, not quite sure why the name sounded correct in her mouth.

Story? That was a strange name for a dog, but he let it be, considering it was hers to name. "Do you like it?" Tony asked with a smile, setting the basket down and opening the top. Story was already hopping out and bouncing around Rain, his jumps surprisingly high despite the fact that his legs were less than half a foot long.

Rain giggled, watching the newly named pup bouncing about. "Ooh, I do love him," she confirmed with a grin and a nod. "And I don't mind if Sawyer doesn't want him." He was here to stay. And how would she be able to resist those big brown eyes? "What are we to do today?" she asked, crouching down to pat her new dog.

Story wriggled all over, so pleased with everything. Oh yes, he loved this new person very much. He licked every inch of her face he could reach as soon as she knelt beside him, tail whipping happily. Tony looked on with a smile. "I thought perhaps I could show you my armor, and then lunch? If this pleases you, of course."

Rain looked up at him, leaning away from the kisses she was receiving. "It sounds lovely," she said, rising up from the dog's affections. Her attention had returned to his armour; it looked so much more impressive than any armour on a normal knight. So much better. "Show me how you fly," she suddenly prompted.

Story curled up at Rain's feet, apparently all done spazzing out for now. Tony grinned and took a few steps back, so as not to injure her. "As you wish, m'lady," he replied with a bow. When he straightened, the face plate slid shut. Blue lights erupte from his hands, followed by his feet as he began to hover before her. He kept his hands at his sides for balance and then, because he was a show off, blasted upward and began pulling large spirals.

Rain's eyes became huge as she watched. Never, ever, had she seen something like this - only the folk from the circus came close. But they were on ropes and wires, or near the ground. Here was a man who was truly able to fly. A terrible ache panged in the back of her head at the sight, and she winced, but his marvellous movements soon cleared the worry from her mind. "Hurrah!" she called, clapping her hands together.

Tony smirked to himself, knowing she was in awe despite the fact that he couldn't hear her from all the way up in the sky. Time to put a big finish on it. He stopped his ascending spiral and instead shot straight down, a few thrusters opening to slow his fall. As soon as he got close, he changed the way he was falling so that he landed on one knee, fist in the ground and head lowered. There was a grin on his face as he lifted his head again, slowly rising. "How was that?" Came his distorted voice.

Rain had her hands over her face as he shot down, peering between her fingers as he went. She removed them when he was down, feeling a bit faint from it all. Her blue eyes were still widened, and she couldn't help just being still for a couple of moments before letting her grin show. She hesitantly touched his arm. "Well, it's real," she murmured, then looking up and giggling, giving a little jump. "That was- truly exhilarating to watch!"

"Even more exhilarating to experience," Tony replied with a grin, lifting his face plate once more. Her fascination was certainly an ego booster. "Look what else I can do," he said suddenly, lifting a hand towards the nearest tree. There was a loud whine, and then one of the bigger branches was blasted off the tree by a blue beam of 'magic'.

Rain jumped, a shriek escaping her as the tree fell over. A hand clapped over her mouth, and she stared at the stump. In medieval times, such things were positively otherworldly. It was quite shocking. She turned to look at him, hand still resting on her mouth for a couple more moments before she let it drift down. "It-It's a very good thing that you are a friend of the crown..."

Tony realized too late that Rain had been spooked by his display. Feeling bad, he lowered his hand and looked sheepishly at her. "Yes.. I'm sorry I was so careless about that. Here- would you like to try this on?" He asked, removing his helmet and offering it to her.

Rain looked at the helmet warily. It wouldn't turn her into something weird, would it? But one look at Tony's face was enough to convince her, and she took the heavy metal from him. Her arms immediately dropped from the shock of it being heavy, before she raised them hesitantly and placed it on her head. Woah... This felt quite cool. Heavy without all the support he had in the way of his armour, but still cool.

"Now.. Don't freak out. I'm going to show you how I see the world," Tony said gently, pressing a button on the inside of his wrist. He knew that inside the helmet, the blue HUD would be lighting up so she could actually see out of the helmet. He would also be identified by the magic as friendly on her screen, so no weapon options would come up.

Rain stared out, completely dumbstruck for a couple of moments. It was amazing. Completely unlike anything she had ever seen before. She was getting another one of those headaches, though - quite annoying at a time like this. But she would have to deal with it for now. "This is all truly astonishing," she admitted, staring out. And yet, it also had a queer quality of rightness about it. Hrm...

Tony grinned, glad that he had righted his wrong and taken the fear away. Reaching out, he helped her get the helmet off, holding it under one arm. "Isn't it? But enough talk about me, shall we continue our date, Miss Rowe?" He asked.

Rain was slightly relieved in a way when it was removed from her head; it was all simply alien. At his question, she snapped out of her thoughts and ignored the still panging headache. "Oh, yes, of course," she agreed. "What do you have in mind? We could go for a horse ride."

Tony's expression faltered at the mention of the bloody horse. "I don't know about that, your horse doesn't seem to like me. I'd prefer to fly and meet you there," he said, still frowning. Stupid bloody horse.

"Oh, no no!" she giggled. Tony had misunderstood her. "I was suggesting a ride in that you have your own horse to ride. We have some large horses that easily carry the weight of a normal knight. They are very well tempered," Rain explained, grinning. Pharaoh wouldn't carry the weight of both of them with him in the armour anyway. He wasn't a cold blooded horse like the others.

Tony's smile returned. "Ah, well in that case, of course! The armor is a lot lighter than what you would expect, so I doubt the horse will have any problems," he replied, setting the helmet back on his head and clicking it into place. "Lead on, maiden," he said with a grin.

Rain nodded, quite pleased that he had accepted the offer. She swept off toward the stables, just a little way up from the house, and asked for Pharaoh and Orion to be saddled. Her request was quickly granted, and both horses were brought out - two black stallions. There were differences between the two; Orion was noticeably taller and larger, but held a quiet elegance about himself with his Roman nose and feathered legs. He was definitely a knight's steed, with his aura of calm. Meanwhile, Pharaoh was smaller - more fiery and fiesty. He made up for his lack of size (when compared to Orion) in spirit and, of course, the way he puffed himself up when energetic or trying to show off. Rain went to her steed, and elegantly swished her skirts of blue to the side as she wae helped on side-saddle, and waited for Tony to join her.

Tony followed behind her, examining the horse that had been picked out for him. It was a beautiful steed, worthy of a knight such as himself. Or maybe that was just his inflated ego talking. Sliding a foot into the stirrup, he swung up over the horse and slid into the saddle. "I'll lead the way to the place, it is quite lovely this time of day," he called to her, snapping the reins.

((I wasn't sure whether you wanted me to do a bit as Orion so tongue.gif))

Rain was quite happy to let him lead the ride. "Quite alright with me," she said cheerily. Ahead of her, Orion stepped into a sharp walk before swinging into a slow canter. He was light and forward; being a horse trained for battle, he was alert for any signal from above. Pharaoh immediately launched into a quick canter. Rain, having expected this, reined him in, and they were soon beside their companions.

Despite Tony's seeming blunder with Pharoh, he actually did seem quite adept at controlling his horse. He steered it expertly and would occasionally slow him down, sitting up straight in the saddle. As Rain caught up he smiled at her, pleased to see her happy. They were nearing their destination but he almost wanted to lead them in circles just to see the happy look on her face while she rode her horse.

Rain's Pharaoh was small next to Orion, but he kept up with him nicely. The two were not aggressive toward eachother, and that was why she had called for him instead of another horse. "Shall we go over a log?" She could see one coming up, and both horses were quite adept at clearing this sort of obstacle. It felt right to be doing this sort of thing with Tony; very natural.