cattygal210

~Superheroes vs Villains~

"Oh, of course," she agreed, nodding her head. Going to the horse boy who had some horses tethered - including her own - she paid him, and then took Pharaoh to Tony. "He can sometimes be restless," she warned, taking the reins over his head and handing them to him.

Tony accepted the reins with a smile, offering her a hand to steady herself as she climbed up on the horse. "Fret not, I have experience with unruly creatures," he chuckled, patting the animal's nose.

Rain stepped up onto a mounting block that suddenly appeared by Pharaoh and accepted his hand as she slipped on sideways. Legs in place, she thanked him. Pharoah looked at the man with a bit of a mean eye. He seemed to think himself quite the stud. Well then. He'd better learn who was alpha around here. Pinning his ears back, he attempted to nip at the hand holding him. This earned him a tap on the neck, but it wasn't hard enough to have him mind it. She never had the heart to strike him, although she kept him under control when he became unruly using her reins and seat. Then again, there had never been another male to compete with...

Tony yanked his hand back and glared at the horse. "Hey now, none of that," he scolded the animal, staring it right back in the eye. Of course she had to have the one horse that didn't like men. He began to walk, tugging the reins to get the horse walking.

Rain became a little worried when he became annoyed at Pharaoh. He was such a bad horse... And the first man to court her, too! But she loved her stallion, and couldn't ever give him a real scolding. She nervously smiled. "I-I think he'll get better once he knows you a bit better," she said to him, hoping it was true. As she'd been heading back anyway, they weren't too far from her house. "We go left here..."

Tony nodded and led the horse to the left. "I understand. Animals can be fickle creatures," he replied with a smile, silently cursing the horse in his head. He actually didn't like animals- at all really. Though he did have a cat named Yinsen. That was about it though.

Rain was quite relieved to find that he understood. A man who seemed to like animals, and was handsome, and was nice... Was she dreaming? "Not too far now," she assured him. Pharaoh was watching him with a beady eye. He seemed to have plans for the girl on his back... Hrm.

((Shall Tony have a horsey nemesis? xd.png))

(Maybe xd.png )

Tony nodded, keeping his hand tight on the horse's lead. "You live in a good part of town. I've been in the area before, but has mostly been on march, not on holiday," he said as they went, glancing back at her for direction since he didn't know which house was hers.

"Thank you. I like the area myself," she agreed. Rain pointed to a large house, with a cobbled path leading to the stable. "That one- oh!" Her soft exclamation came as Pharaoh threw up his head and trotted off without a care in the world as to whether he was dragging along the man next to him. Giggling deslite herself, Rain clung onto the mane and sat deeply. "Woah, boy!"

Tony gave a shout of surprise as he was yanked off his feet, quickly pedaling against the ground until he got upright again and dug in his heels, yanking the reins roughly back towards the house. "Hey! Stop that, come this way," he barked, more than a little irritated.

Pharaoh turned abruptly and headed up the cobbled path at an active walk. He snorted, looking at the man with a sort of smugness for having yanked him off his feet. Rain, unable to help herself, was giggling away. She was hunched over, shoulders shaking as she held onto his mane. If anything, that had been amusing!

Tony was forced to let go, completely disgruntled as the horse trotted in the opposite direction than the house. Stupid animal! "Lady Rowe, I'm afraid I can't handle your beast," he called up to her. Perhaps he should just walk away..

((He's heading up the cobbled path, to the stables. :3))

Rain asserted herself atop Pharaoh, straightenint and taking hold of his reins. There wasn't much need, though; he had stopped in the courtyard already. Grinning, she shook her head, and then elegantly slid off in a ruffle of green skirts. "Oh, you silly boy," she murmured, giving him a pat on the jeck before he was lead away by a groom. Then, she turned around, eyes scanning for Tony...

Tony approached behind her, expression slightly disgruntled. He didn't want to let her know how much he disliked animals though, because that would shut everything they had so far right down. "I apologize I couldn't control him, I'm usually good with the horses," he said as he came close.

(Chico, do you wanna do a 1x1? I miss rping with you :3 )

Rain gave a shake of her head, still a smile on her face. "Do not dwell upon it. He can be difficult at times." That wasn't completely true. He was usually quite compliant, although when excited he needed to be properly controlled. "Would you like to come inside? I understand if you are not able to," she said, a light dusting of pink on her cheeks.

((Thanks xd.png On what? And where is le shad?))

Edited by Chicogal

(I'm not sure, I was hoping you might have an idea. Claw just doesn't reply sometimes, I know she's around)

Tony nodded, a smile coming to his face. "That would be lovely Miss Rowe, thank you," he replied as they approached the house, holding the door open for her. "You have a lovely home."

((Kk. And I have no ideas, Sweet.))

Rain entered the house, still slightly pink. "Thank you," she said. "I am lucky to live in such a place." She opened her mouth, about to add something about her ancestry, but... She couldn't think of anything. Again, a sharp pain in her forehead; she forced herself to not show it. This day would not end because of her being weak! "Would you like to have a seat in the lounge with me?"

(Erm.. It could be marvel, could be something else, I dunno. Doesn't have to be romance either.)

Tony looked around the place, noting that they indeed seemed wealthy. Not as rich as he, but that didn't need to be said. "I would love that," he replied, allowing himself to be led to the lounge and to take a seat next to her. Well, it was that time. "I must say how truly remarkable you are," he murmured, touching her cheek.

((Well, I have an idea.))

"Rain?" Sawyer's voice sounded from upstairs. She looked visibly relieved to see her sister. "Thank goodnes you've returned! I grew so worried when you ran off. And who is this?" She practically flew down the steps to greet her sister. Rain's panic fron earlier had truly concerned Sawyer, byt she seemed more at ease now.

Tony jerked back like he'd been caught doing something horrible, eyes wide with surprise. "Ah- hello," he greeted, quickly resuming a calm, charming confidence as he rose and bowed. "Forgive me, I did not know anyone was home. I am Sir Stark, but please, call me Anthony, or Tony if you prefer." He flashed a smile.

Rain was pleased to find that he sat next to her, as opposed to choosing one of the other couches or chairs. She was slightly taken aback by his touch, but she liked it, and leaned into it slightly. "I- I am?" she asked softly, blue eyes glancing down before going back to his deep brown. This was the fastest her heart had beat for a long time. "Well..."

And then she winced.

Really? Did it have to be now? Feeling put out of her stride, she straightened and looked towards her sister. Tony was being very polite, which was good - but it had been so nice, just he and her... Feeling a bit annoyed, she couldn't stop her sharp tongue. "I thought you were off cavorting with that green woman you claimed to be your mother?"

Edited by Chicogal

Sawyer smiled politely and gave a small curtsy. She seemed flustered at the fact she had intruded upon what appeared to be a moment. "Lady Barnes, it is a pleasure. My apologies, I was simply worried for my sister." At Rain's jab she shot the younger woman a look. "Oh, this is my husband's manor. Rain lives with is. Excuse me for a moment." She turned and walked back up the stairs. How rude of Rain! They had company and she was acting like a child! It was upsetting.

James had been upstairs, preparing to follow his wife down when she raced back up again. "Is everything alright?" He asked in concern. She looked upset. Now what had rain done? Sawyer wasn't weak but her emotions were strong. Things got to her.

Tony was rather uncomfortable at this point, watching the exchange in silence and keeping quiet. No need to pick sides. "She seems nice," he said after a moment, sitting down beside Rain once more. So much for getting anywhere.

Rain watched her sister go, a flicker of doubt passing across her face. But she had been worse earlier. Her words were nothing compared to that. "Yes... Usually," she said softly, fiddling with a piece of her dark hair. "She was acting rather strange earlier. That lead me to you, actually," she admitted, looking up at him through lowered lashes. "I was rather hurt by her actions..." She didn't really know why she was being so open to a man who was still, essentially, a stranger. But it felt as if he were family...