cattygal210

~Superheroes vs Villains~

Tony took her arm with a charming flash of teeth, bowing his head respectfully. "I know a quiet little tavern not far from here, it is a nobles only establishment. We will not be sullied with vagabonds," he assured, leading the way.

Rain let him take her arm. She couldn't get over the familiarity of him, but resorted herself to the fact that he seemed to be courting her. It certainly was not in the usual way, but she sort of liked it. One hand grasping Pharaoh's reins, she walked with him. The way he held her arm... It made her feel sort of funny in her chest area. As if a butterfly was about to escape. Suddenly, she realised something - and immediately felt flustered. "Oh - I'm sorry I've been so rude! I am Lady Rowe..." Earlier she had been unable to recall her surname, but didn't that seem to be it?

Tony was silently cheering- this woman was so naive. Seducing her would only be too easy for the playboy. "Fret not, is is quite alright. And a pleasure to meet you, Lady Rowe," he added, holding open the door for her to the tavern. It was well lit and quiet inside, the people who were there chatting softly amongst themselves. "Tell me about yourself," he requested, pulling out a chair for her at a table.

Rain gave Pharaoh to the horse boy who would watch him while they were inside. Then, she entered with Sir Stark - or, Tony. "Thank you," she said softly, and then took a seat. When he asked the question, she hesitated. There felt like there was no history to tell... Her mind quickly hurried on to interests instead. "I do love to play the piano," she mused, glancing down at her fingers that were resting on the table. They could be called pianists fingers - or, at least, they weren't short and stubby. She looked back up at him, and couldn't help her shy smile again, a glint of white between her lips. "And I enjoy going out for rides on Pharaoh... My stallion," she explained.

"You know I used to be in a guild? I was one of the best thieves around." Clint stated. He glanced over at Natasha with one of his famous, lopsided grins. His cheeks tinged pink wit the amount of Ale he had consumed. "I was real good, too. That's why I was able to break into Loki's place so easily."

Tony rested his hands in his lap, listening intently and nodding every now and then. Well, he wasn't really listening. He was back to his old ways- and this was evident by the tankard of whiskey he was drinking from. It wasn't his fault, since he didn't know he'd quit alcohol outside the magic. "Ah, I noticed you were quite done of the horse. I personally do not ride a horse- perhaps you have heard of me. I am the Iron Man, I possess a suit of enchanted armor. It allows me to fly and blast magic, truly an incredible suit," he said with a smirk.

Aware that he was drunk, Natasha had been secretly pushing his drink farther away from him. "I believe it. You are a skilled man," she replied, replacing his drink with water.

Clint didn't seem to notice when he took a gulp of water instead of ale. If he did, he didn't make a fuss about it. "Twas a miserable job. We were wanted by many...still have th' stuff we stole. I jus' ended up hidin' in th' forest. I was the only one o' th' thieves t' survive through th' first night." He seemed wistful at the thought of the guild. "Them forest spirits, they real nasty creatures..."

Natasha began rubbing his arm soothingly. "Well, you're not with them anymore. You survived and you're here. The past is the past," she reminded him, "and you aren't that man anymore. You only do good things now." At least she hoped so. But her past sounded a lot worse than his, in basis of what they'd done.

Rain's eyes widened, mouth forming an, 'o.' He was that special knight, the one she had sometimes seen from her bedroom window. "Oh, my - that is indeed an incredible feat," she agreed, nodding eagerly. "Did you create the suit yourself? For magic is not easily done by those not gifted by it." No-one had ever said the Iron Man was dashing!

Tony grinned as realization dawned on her, leaning back in his chair. Hook, line, sinker. "Indeed I did. I was a simple blacksmith at the time, but I discovered a substance that seemed to radiate magic energy. I am no Mage, but I managed to harness it somehow, and it has not failed me since," he replied with a modest shrug.

Clint sniffled and slowly leaned on Natasha. "Still makes m' feel bad...Jus' think o' all the people I stole from..." He whimpered. Guilt clearly ran deep with Clint, even with things that happened years in the past. The hunter took a drink of his water, but it spilled down his shirt at the angle he was leaning on Natasha.

Rain's blue eyes were bright with amazement. He was certainly a smart man. Although his beginnings were not noble, he was still a knight. She was quite sure that was good enough for him to court her, if he wanted to. "That is something quite unbelievable," she told him. Her impressed state was quite clear. "So you have no use for a horse and can fly like a bird? How wonderful it must be to soar and loop and dive," she said dreamily.

Natasha sighed softly and put her arms around him, holding the drunken archer to her chest. "Easy, easy," she murmured. "You needed it to survive. It is of little consequence now," she went on, prying the glass from him and setting it on the bar.

Tony looked amused by her wonderment. Maybe this one wouldn't be a fling, she was rather adorable. "I do not need a horse no, though I keep one anyway. They are intelligent creatures," he replied with a shrug. As the bartender approached, he asked, "would you like something to eat? My treat."

Rain thought for a moment, head slightly tilted and lipd pursed. "I would like to take you up on that kind offer - however I do not know what is offered here," she explained, looking at him expectantly. Was this their first courtship session? It may be that... Just in case it was so, she made a mental note to herself to remember it. Just in case.

Clint allowed Natasha to take the glass from him. There wasn't any point in keeping it now that it was empty. He nestled into Natasha's grip like a small child would to their mother. "I jus' feel so bad 'bout it. Aint nobody did that t' me." The archer mumbled. He was growing visibly tired and found it hard to keep his eyes open.

Natasha didn't respond, just used one hand to keep his head on her chest while the other carded through his blonde hair. A song came to mind, but the words were hazy, so she just hummed it into his ear. It wasn't the best place to sleep, but he needed it.

(Sorry I didn't see it)

"Fret not my dear, I can suggest something for you. Do you fancy roast turkey? They make it wonderfully here," Tony asked, looking to the bartender and pushing several coins her way. "Please, your finest pieces of meat. If the lady doesn't like it, she can choose something else," he ordered, gesturing to Rain.

"I think that sounds delectable," Rain agreed, smiling at him. Her cheeks were tinged lightly with pink. So this was what it was like to have a man court you... Sawyer had said it was wonderful when it was a nice man, and that was indeed true. She shifted in her seat, just about beaming with a mixture of excitement and nervousness.

Tony smiled and folded a napkin in his lap; he was going all out for this noble woman. "Would you like something besides water to drink? They have a fine white wine here," he offered, because being drunk makes women so much easier to deal with. Though this one was rather cute considering how nervous she was.

Remembering herself, Rain copied him. "Oh, yes please. I do enjoy a glass of wine," she said amiably. Although she couldn't quite recall her first experience with it, or really any time before last night (she'd had a glass of red), she knew that she liked it. Her feet crossed at the ankle beneath her chair, and she fiddled with a piece of her dark hair.

"Excellent," Tony said with a smile, and made sure she had a glass of some nice wine. "I must be quite honest, I find you very alluring Lady Rowe," he said, looking away as though bashful. "I hope you do not mind me asking you to lunch."

Rain blushed at his compliment. "Why, thank you very much," she said, dipping her head. She couldn't help her flattered smile. "Of course I don't mind... To be quite honest, my eyes were upon you first." Gosh, had she really just complimented him? Reaching for her glass, she took it by the stem and sipped elegantly. It was a lovely flavour...

Tony smiled at her once more, scratching his head. "I'm glad to hear it. I did not mean to be so forward, but I had to talk with you. I should like to court you, Miss Rain," he finally said, gazing steadily at her.

Rain's eyes grew bright at this. But she was unsure of what to say. "Erm..." No-one had ever told her how to accept an offer to court her. Was she supposed to accept or did the men get to just go ahead? Saying that they could seemed more correct to her. "Well- yes, of course you can," she said finally, grinning widely. She held up her wine glass once more. "A toast to this?"