TSparkle123

In the Shadows

Fake, she's a fake. Play along... Dawn thought to herself. Here come more bad lies.

"Princess Luna, are you okay? How is Princess Celestia?" Dawn asked 'worriedly'. She allowed herself to pretend this was indeed the real princess, making her lie believability go up. Hopefully. "You are monsters, all of you!"

'Luna' rolled her eyes. "I don't know if Celestia is fine! Remember? You were supposed to rescue her! Along with the others!" She looked at John, and started whispering. "And why haven't you confronted Chrysalis yet, John? The plan was riding on you! I can't believe you haven't tried yet!"

John stared at Luna then shook his head. "You need to try harder," he insisted, standing back up again. "Luna doesn't roll her eyes like that. She does't raise her voice at her subjects. She also doesn't give up instantly. In the time it took me to capture Dawn, it would be impossible for Luna to be captured. I had to fight against her so I'm certain it is. If you are going to fake something, try harder." John scowled then kicked open the cage and slapped the fake Luna across the face with a hoof.

Dawn was trying, really, really hard to pretend she could hear to two. And made a horrible 'gasping' face when John slapped 'Luna' with his hoof. "Why would you hurt Princess Luna like that?! You Changelings are horrible!"

'Luna' widened her eyes. "Why...why would you do that, John? I thought...I thought I could trust you..." Tears began to form, and roll down her cheeks. "Chrysalis sent her best. Somehow, they teleported, captured me, brought me back, and drained my power. I tried to fight them, but I couldn't..." She looked at Dawn. "At least you believe me... John must be going crazy...he would never attack me like that..." The mark was clearly visible.

I looked at the torture they were putting 'Luna' through. "Stop doing that!"

John rolled his eyes and moved away, leaving the cage wide open and the path to freedom open. "Well then. Why don't you leave? Go on. The real Luna wouldn't cry like that. A weakling like you doesn't need to be held here. Why don't you just rot in the forest?"

'Luna' had her head bowed for a while. When she looked up, they were like white flames. "Dost thou really thinketh that we are weak? Thou art playing us for a fool! Dost thou wish to burn for a Melania?" She stood up, and started glowing, and gave off a blinding light. Once it subsided, Nightmare Moon was looming over the changeling. " Ahh...my dark powers have returned! See what you did for me? You made me so angry, that I received my darkest powers! You have betrayed me, Raggedy Doctor!"

Edited by EchotheWolf

John frowned and tipped his head to the side, puzzled by the sudden transformation. He looked over Luna then frowned. "Do you have the power to magically cut your hair? Because I've never seen anyone do that." He frowned then looked around. "Whose the Raggedy Doctor?"

"Surely you joke! Does he look like a 'Doctor'? He barely even looks like a doctor of cheese." Dawn bailed. She then began to giggle awkwardly.

John frowned and stomped his feet. "Why does everyone keep calling be a doctor? I'm not one! I can't even remember much. All I remember is that I have a broken pocket watch! That's it!"

'Luna' cast a memory spell on John, glaring at him. "Now, do you know who you are, traitor?"

Dawn glanced around. A quick, easy, believable. If only she could lie that well. So she stood there, prepared to buck any Changeling that came at her.

John stared blankly at Luna then shook his head. The memory spell had failed completely. However, the pocket watch he had given to Dawn earlier had begun to glow softly and began whispering. "Don't recall being a traitor. Just remember waking up this morning with a big headache."

((Where would she keep a pocket watch? blink.gif Umm.... cue random appearance of a saddlebag!))

"So uh... I'm just gonna leave you lovely Changelings to spat..." Dawn whimpered as she backed away slowly. Pretending to escape might distract them. Then again, her small saddlebag which she had strapped on this morning began to glow. She pretended to ignore it and continued to back away.

I look at Dawn, and see her backing away. "Is that Luna? What do you mean about more changelings? I only see the one beside you!"

John scowled then turned and ran after Dawn. "No, you're supposed to stay here!" he yelled, unhappy she was trying to leave him alone. He didn't like this place. Noticing her saddlebag was glowing, he frowned and tried to open it. "What's that?"

"Nothing! Just an old trinket you shouldn't be worried about! Especiallysinceitonlycontainsabrokenpocketwatch." The last part came out mumbled and unintelligible. Hopefully that would discourage anypony from poking around in her bag.

"But It's glowing," John pointed out, staring up at Dawn. "I wanna see it. Pleeeeease?" He moved forward, his form momentarily flickering into that of the Raggedy Doctor's before resuming Changeling form.

Dawn smacked John. "No! You can't look in there! Not at all!" Dawn yelled as she did. She had more than the pocket watch in there, and she couldn't have him digging through it.

John stared at Dawn then frowned and lightly touched his face where he had been smacked. Ow.... that had really hurt. Sniffing, he sat down in one place and rubbed the side of his face where he had been struck, refusing to move or say anything to Dawn, just stare down at the ground and continue to rub his face.

Dawn paled. She... felt horrible. She had just smacked John. She wanted to say sorry, but what would happen if she did? Probably them both getting stuck in a cell that's what.

John continued to rub his cheek silently. It really, really hurt but he was hoping that rubbing it would make it feel better. It didn't seem to be working, though. Frowning, he slowly stood up then turned and ran down the hall, crying loudly.

She made him cry. She was horrible pony! She should have said sorry! Oh, this was bad! Say one thing and be figured out, say another and hurt John even more.

So she settled for whispering, "I'm so sorry..."

'Luna' felt the changelings smack across her own face, and walked out of the cage. "Hey...I need to tell you a secret. But you have to trust me, the two of you. I AM a changeling... but I don't fall under control of Chrysalis. I'm going to get you and your friends out of here. Do you trust me?" (Making a form. Can this be an original pony? One that I thought of? I'm going to turn it into an important character.)

((Go ahead, Echo. biggrin.gif))

The Doctor stood taller. Those changelings were trying to give them false hope and he wouldn't fall for it. No, he couldn't fall for it. He still had an odd feeling that the changeling next to Dawn wasn't a changeling, but... he just couldn't put his hoof on it. It appeared to be a changeling, but it wasn't. It couldn't be. The... thing had ran away weeping when it got hit across the face. Many changelings would have just brought in reinforcements.