TSparkle123

In the Shadows

"Thanks, Vin- you are not Vinyl," the Doctor looked at the alicorn in confusion. An alicorn? But he would have heard of a prince, wouldn't he? He shook his head. "I'm sorry for that. I'm the Doctor. And who might you be?" The Doctor avoided making the assumption that he was a prince.

Celestia walked out of her cell, and towards the TARDIS. "You all did a wonderful job. I'm afraid I can't really come with you now, though. I must finish what was started!" She flies backwards, and faces Chrysalis. Her horn glows. "Ready to die, Chrysalis?"

I put my head on Doctor Whooves' neck, and closed my eyes. "You're right, Doctor... I'll be as courageous as I can. For us-I mean you!"

Octavia stood back, watching Celestia.

Wubsy charged a magical burst, and sent it towards Celestia. "Use my power, Celestia."

"Sherlock," The grey alicorn replied, looking around the interior of the box. "Sherlock Hooves. Is this your time machine?" He trotted over to the control panel and examined it curiously. How complex. Oh, this thing could keep him entertained for ages! It was beautiful. How lovely!

Luna sensed Celestia charging up her power. Sister! You need my power now, don't you? She charged up her own power and sent it to Celestia as well.

~~

The Doctor could feel all the power Celestia was charging. He could see it, too. "Let's go, then! Into the TARDIS!" As soon as they all were in, he shut the doors and faced away from the front. "We need to get outta here Celestia's using enough power to destroy a whole town."

Sherlock looked at the pony then looked around. TARDIS? A form of word play, no doubt. The first letter was Time as he had already deduced it was a time machine. "I've got it!" he yelled, slamming his hoof down on several buttons. From the hoof marks on the buttons, he could tell which ones were supposed to be pressed and what levels were commonly pulled.

Dawn was standing still again. Why couldn't she move? Did Chrysalis scare her that much? Or maybe... Dawn dug into her bag, and at last came out with the watch. She put too much of her focus trying to open it to notice the alicorn show up, drag John away, and the rest get in the box.

"Wait for me!" Dawn cried through a mouthful of pocket watch. She slipped inside just before they took off. "Why does all the cool stuff happen when I'm doing something else?"

Sherlock grinned as he ran around the control console. He had been right in the fact that lever was the start. There were places for six ponies around the control panel but he had a unicorn horn. If that was the right lever, then the next button should be... There! Sherlock smashed his hoof down on another button, then another. A grin appeared on his face as his horn began glowing and levers pulled themselves. Amazing! He felt like a small child on christmas morning!

John groaned on the ground were he had been dropped. As the pocket watch in Dawn's mouth began glowing, he stirred. It was like they were linked somehow. His eyes flickered open and he turned to look around, holding a hoof to his head. Owww.. What hit him?

Doctor Whooves watched in awe as Sherlock pressed buttons and pulled levers. This was amazing. Was there another Time Pony in this universe other than John? The more he thought about the possibility, the more excited he got. "Sherlock Hooves..." he mumbled. The Doctor plopped himself down.

Celestia opened her eyes as she felt her Lunar Counterpart's power flood into her mind. Thank you, sister. If I don't come back, you must rule Equestria!!! Her whole body turned into a white fire, a signal that she was using four times the energy that would usually cause even the most powerful Unicorn to implode. She let loose all of her energy, straight at Chrysalis. She was determined to save all of her subjects that she loved so much!

I sat beside Doctor Whooves, shivering. "Is she gonna-" My sentence was interrupted by the TARDIS starting to work.

"She's going to supernova." Dawn paled. She closed her eyes after pulling the door the rest of the way shut. "We need to leave."

I gasped, and realized something. If my magic was strong enough, we could split the magic between the two of us! I started to run out.

((Who ran out? Am so confused....))

Dawn blocked the way. "No! We have to leave!" Dawn gritted her teeth and made her stance more solid. "You'll get blown to bits if we stay."

((Vinyl is Echo's main character. When he writes in first person, assume he's talking about her.))

"Vinyl! Stop! Celestia has chosen her fate. If you try to split power with her, you will... Vinyl, she's risking her life for all of us. We must all live on so her sacrifice is not in vain," Doctor Whooves stood by Dawn. He'd seen stars go supernova before and knew that this one was not going to be pretty.

(Twiiiiii. I hinted off soooooomethiiiing. About Celestiaaaaa!)

I stared at Celestia. "But... she..." Tears fell down my eyes.

((Yesssssssss I knooooooooooooow Eeeeeecho. I'm just building up draaaaama.))

"I'm sorry Vinyl. Let's just get out of here. It seems that Sherlock already has her going," the Doctor really never was good with crying people. Especially when he knew he couldn't fix it.

~~

Chrysalis stood back up, feeling Celestia's emmense love. Now she knew what she had done wrong at the royal wedding. She could finally finish it all and rule Equestria. She began to glow in a black fire. "Celestia, you fool! You've lent me all of your power!"

((Suddenly, dramatic fight music!))

Sherlock glanced sideways at the crying pony. Tears. Such a thing was foreign to him. Emotions were so strange. Ponies crying over a princess. They didn't actually need her. Unicorns had raised the sun and moon before. The princesses were just figures that ponies worshipped for no reason. Shaking his head, Sherlock turned to look back at the console. This was something he understood. Despite the fact the technology was new to him, it was easy to deduce what did what. It was quite simple, actually. But the idea of moving through time and space offered so many new crimes for him to solve.

((Chrysalis VS Celestia! Ready? Set, GO!))

Chrysalis cackled as her power grew even stronger every second. Her eyes glowed and her mane seemed to be lit on fire. She began to levitate. "Celestia, you have doomed yourself and your subjects!" Green magic burst out of her horn and hit Celestia in the chest, hitting her across the room. In the meanwhile, the TARDIS began to disappear.

~~

"Now, Sherlock, stop touching her or I'll throw you into space and never bring you back," the Doctor said cooly. He'd never do such a thing, but he was the only one who was going to do anything that had to do with the TARDIS.

Edited by TSparkle123

"We can take Chrysalis down next time, Vinyl. But for now we have to get outta here!" Dawn snapped. She was trying not to cry, anything but cry. She could only watch on as Vinyl cried. She wanted to cry too, but right now, it was time to talk to this 'Sherlock Hooves'.

((Nonsense,

is far more epic.)) Edited by RainDash

((I never said it was epic. Besides, this computer has no sound, so I just picked one that I somewhat remembered. Just waiting on others to post now.))

As everything started to disappear, I closed my eyes, knowing that Celestia could die.

Celestia shot her own burst, taking Chrysalis's to the middle. "I... won't... let you... win!" As the green energy got very close, Celestia felt more power. But not from anypony she thought would increase her abilities.

Wubsy stared at Celestia. She let herself accept the Princess of the Sun.

Wubsy! "Chrysalis, you have forgotten. I AM THE PRINCESS OF THE SUN!!!" White beams started piercing Celestia, and a white light emitted from her.

I gasped, "She's using too much power!"

Celestia came back into view. "Luna!!!!!!!" The light imploded. "SUPERNOVA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dawn tried to hide the fact she was sniffling now. Supernovaing would probably lead to Celestia's death. She had been too powerful to stop her. I failed to protect her... Some palace guard I am.

Her? Did he mean the time machine? Nonsense, machines did not posses life. If they did, you wouldn't need to click all the buttons. Frowning, Sherlock pulled one more lever before pausing. How annoying. The machine could provide his brain with something fun to do but instead he was being yelled at for deducing how it worked and using his observation to get them away from Celestia. "Why? Is it because you're worried about it being alien technology? Don't worry, I've already deduced enough about you to recognize you aren't from Equestria. Of course, my knowledge of space is limited so I don't know what solar system you are from but that doesn't matter much."

John winced as he slowly climbed to his feet and looked around. This place.. It felt familiar. Why did he know this place? John frowned as he looked around. Did they win? Where was he? And who was the strange alicorn nearby who looked really annoyed.

Dawn saw John stand up. She snatched up the pocket watch and handed it to him. "This is yours. Look inside, I want to know the time." She said simply. She was too tired to continue to lie to to him. In fact, she merely walked back to the door and laid down, falling asleep almost instantly.

John frowned as he looked at Dawn then down at the pocket watch. Without opening it, he frowned then held it out to her. "But.. It's broken. Doesn't it belong to your friend?"

She mumbled, "Just open it. I'm tired and I want to know how much sleep I'll get."