TSparkle123

In the Shadows

((Luna time!))

Luna paced back and forth in the Royal Courtyard. "Big sister, where are you?" She could only imagine that Celestia was doing something to fix the abnormalities in Ponyville, but she had been away so long... Celestia would have come back with survivors by now, wouldn't she?

The Doctor slammed the door closed quickly, a smile on his face. "I meant the blue one! The red one just gives us mustard!" Hurrying over to the control panel, he began slapping buttons again. The TARDIS shook then turned invisible. "There we go! See? Blue buttons. Now, teleport the TARDIS a few feet away.. silently..."

"Shouldn't we be going to Canterlot!?" Dawn asked clearly not wanting to be in the middle of the little war going on. "Because Celestia's just captured the other two and if Luna's still there-!"

Her training was kicking in on overtime. Save the Princesses it seemed to scream at her.

Edited by RainDash

"The TARDIS wanted us to go here. I said Canterlot, she said here. Just wait a moment..." Slapping several buttons, he frowned then the TARDIS lurched and wheezed loudly. "Come on!" the Doctor yelled, slapping a few more buttons. The TARDIS groaned back but disappeared and reappeared in Canterlot. Scurrying out, the Doctor frowned then looked around. "Dawn, get out! The TARDIS needs to recharge!"

Luna immediately saw the blue box from her guard post. "Huzzah! Celestia has come and she brought the Doctor with her!" She flew excitedly down to meet the two ponies who rushed out of the TARDIS. "Where is Celestia? Is she sending more ponies?" Luna jumped up and down in anticipation of their answer.

Dawn just barreled out when the Doctor said to. "You mean to tell me its alive-" Her anger quickly turned into a salute when she saw the Princess. "P-princess Luna! You're here and not taken!"

Dawn was overjoyed. She had always loved the Princess of the Night far more then Celestia, and tonight's events only proved her point.

When Luna asked about the extra ponies... Dawn answered with a heavy heart. "No, Princess. We did not."

Edited by RainDash

"Where is my sister?" Luna asked, her heart becoming heavier. She was so excited to see Celestia again. The alicorn could hardly stand being away from her sister because of the thousand years she spent on the moon.

"I... don't know I thought we saw her... but... she might have been Chrysalis." Dawn said, hating to break to horrible news to her sister. "I'm sorry. I wish we could do something to help."

Dawn's eyes were already filling with sorrow at the thought their Princess might have perished. Dawn hoped it wasn't true, but where would she be?

Being a Time Pony automatically made him on the same, if not a higher rank than kings and queens. If Celestia ruled the day and Luna ruled the night, the Doctor ruled time itself. So, he did not bow but rather sat on the ground as the doorsto the TARDIS slammed shut. "Sorry but no. I ran into a bit of trouble with a pony similar to myself and the TARDIS decided to drag us around a bit before plopping us down here. And of course she is alive! She turned into a pony once and gives me a fair amount of trouble so yes, she is alive. And she can be a brat too!" Kicking the box lightly, the Doctor huffed. The TARDIS groaned in response but didn't move much outside of that.

Dawn waited for the Princess's response to him. Clearly they knew each other well, because the Doctor did not bow. Otherwise, Dawn might have hit him and made him respect the Princess. However, for all she knew, the Doctor could be older than both the princesses ages combined.

Luna allowed a solitary tear to escape from her eye. Celestia could be trapped somewhere... or worse. "Little pony, what is your name?" Luna asked Dawn.

"Airpony Dawn Light, your majesty." Dawn saluted. "I was transferred to Ponyville after an incident with 'bad behavior' and have been there for six months."

She honestly had no idea what she did to earn 'bad behavior' relocation punishment. But Celestia had ordered it before crazy things began happening, and she had obeyed without question.

Edited by RainDash

Oh, she was crying. The Doctor wasn't good with people crying. Thankfully, Luna didn't wail like other ponies seemed to but rather just shed one tear. "Hey, don't worry. As soon as the TARDIS is back up, we can break in. Of course, I'll need to rewrite my biology again so that way we don't all get captured and that will hurt but it will work out. Alright?"

Luna wanted to scream at the Doctor that nothing ever seemed to be "alright" after she came back. No one loved her like they used to. Everyone was afraid of her.

"Doctor, Dawn, we are going to crush Chrysalis."

"Like the awful insect she is? Rock on!"Dawn whooped. It seemed silly, but she then looked at the TARDIS. "I bet she's excited too. Maybe. I don't know."

Dawn just watched the blue box. How interesting that it was alive, she wondered what Twilight Sparkle would say. But then, if Twilight Sparkle was here everything would be perfect. Dawn wished they could find the Elements of Harmony so that they could fix this. They were good at this, Dawn... just wasn't.

Luna smiled at the pony. She remembered her now. Celestia had been behaving oddly just before the strange things started happening. Perhaps after they defeated Chrysalis again, her sister would behave normally. "Yes, Dawn. After this whole disaster is over, you will be welcome back into the Royal Guard. Perhaps even promoted," Luna smiled at Dawn.

The Doctor smiled and nudged the box before putting his ear up to it, as if he was listening. "I do believe she is," he replied, staring up at the box. His eyes seemed to change and suddenly the pony seemed much older than he actually was. His eyes reflected knowledge and understanding that only came with great age and responsibility. And an unmistakable sadness that came with watching something horrible.

The Doctor sighed then turned away from the TARDIS. Smiling, he tilted his head slightly then stood up. "Well, the TARDIS needs a moment of rest. Seeing as we have no time left, let's go waste some. I'm going to need a few things. Luna, do you have a pocket watch around?"

"P-promoted? Celestia said that if I so much as questioned her decisions, I would be kicked out. I was lucky to even be assigned to Ponyville, your majesty." Dawn stammered out.

It was true. She had never seen the Princess so angry. Whatever Dawn had been framed for, it was pretty bad. Celestia might have mentioned something about pranks or something harmless turned into horror... but she was still innocent! She had played by the rules and here she was, toastier than burnt toast! It just wasn't fair!

Luna knew that something was wrong with Celestia when Dawn said that she had gotten angry at her. Celestia was the one with a cool head... The older sister... "Celestia was acting... different before the attack on Ponyville.

The real Celestia woke up, vision blurry. "What.... where am I?"

I woke up with a gasp. I looked beside me, seeing Doctor Whooves. I crawled over to him, nudging his neck. "Doctor... we're... We're in jail..."

Octavia woke up in a cell across from the two ponies, with Derpy beside her. "Yes, Vinyl, it appears we are. The correct thing to say here is that we have been hoodwinked."

Derpy woke up with a jolt. What happened? All she remembered was seeing a green gas, then collapsing. She saw Octavia next to her. "Sorry I called you Tavi.", she said groggily.

Octavia smiles nervously. "It's... quite alright! You don't have to be sorry."

Derpy yawned. She smiled. "I didn't know that only Vinyl could cal you that. In fact, I hope I'm allowed to call her that!", she said. She yawned again, and almost fell asleep. "This sleeping gas sure is strong.", she said.

"If you two had believed that we were really us, we would already be out of here," Doctor Whooves said, clearly annoyed. He wasn't as mad at Derpy as he was at Octavia. He really wasn't too sure why.

Derpy was speechless. Who was he and what was he talking about? That sleeping gas had really taken it's toll on her. She tried to remember.