TwilightMoonDragon

Warrior Cats: Worn Hearts and Dark Paths

Mistpaw had tracked her mentor's scent all the way past the river and onto land again. Her head was down to the ground and her nostrils flared as she followed the scent trail. She looked up as it became stronger and twitched her ears. There he was! A cheeky idea came to mind as she watched him, and the inexperienced she-cat began to creep up on him - although he would probably be able to hear her. When in jumping distance, she gathered her haunches beneath herself and pounced toward the leader who also happened to be her mentor. "Mroww!" she called out in an almost-battle cry. He sure was going to be proud of her for this!

Red looked over at the kits, his tail flicking crossly. This proved to be more challenging than he thought... Especially with the cats getting hurt... "Then the kits must travel under the belly of the senior warriors." he explained. "It'll slow us down, but the kits will be protected by the rain and the senior warriors could defend the kits from any more elements."

"I think Red is right." Olivewhisker murmured. "We're moving very slowly."

Hollyfeather nodded her head" The sooner we get to our new home the better, who knows whats lurking in the shadows" she whispered and shivered not just from the cold. Looking to the horizon Hollyfeather spotted shelter a few miles away ." There!" She pointed with her tail. " We can rest under that rocky overhang, and its well hidden, it's covered in vines and leaves" She looked to Red. " Just for while , and its not too close so we are still carrying with our journey but not too far away that kits couldn't make it." She hoped he agrees.

Edited by Dewspirit

Thornstar was qutie pleased with himseld. He had managed to get several fish of a decent size. Now, if only he had help getting them back. He shrugged and hooked one last fish. Suddenly, he heard a battle cry filling the air. Momentarily he tensed, as if to go into battle. However, he smiled once he recognized the voice. He tensed and intercepted Mistpaw, playfully pinning her. "Good work, I didn't notice you" Thornstar said letting up.

((Chigoal, just imagined we teleported to the group after this post. K?))

((Traveling through the mountains. I didn't realize we were when I posted about fishing.))

"One of my warriors has a bad leg," Brighteyes piped up, fixing Red with a rather cold stare. "I will not risk him becoming lame and forced to retire by continuing this, when we are all in need of rest. Keeping kits under warriors won't keep them any drier, anyway, the wind and cold will still get to them! We're better off under the ledge for the evening, we can get used to storms when we aren't risking everyone getting sick."

The ShadowClan leader paused, closing her eyes and forcing herself into a calmer tone. "Please, Red. Our Clans are small enough. We cannot risk losing a single cat, be they elder, warrior, apprentice or kit, or we will die out before we can establish a hold in whatever territories await us beyond these mountains."

Mistpaw and her mentor arrived back at the group of cats, carrying in their mouths a couple of pieces of fresh kill. There seemed to be some kind of argument going on between some of the cats, and she twitched an ear. It wasn't any of her business, but of course she was curious! The apprentice was still feeling very happy after her mentor's slight praise. She hadn't really gotten him, but he had been surprised nonetheless! Putting her pieces on the ground, she glanced at Thornstar. "What shall we do with these?"

((I was thinking that Thornstar went out to hunt in the mountains, and Mistpaw snuck out after him. That okay?))

Red fixed Brighteyes with a long, cold stare as she spoke. This leader was a stubborn one, he decided. The fox twitched his whiskers in a beginning of a frustrated, not aggressive, snarl. "Fine. Have it your way. But when hawks and falcons are circling you hours from now, don't whine to me. It's better to keep moving than to stay in one place for two sunrises."

"Brighteyes, I'm okay, really," Olivewhisker said, limping up to his leader and looking up at her with pleading eyes. "We should keep on going..."

"Your leader is right, Olivewhisker," Stormheart said, padding up to the group. "We should rest and let your leg get better."

((Should we Timeskip till next morning?))

"We must stop for the night" Thornstar said. He looked around at his Clan, as well as the other three. Several warrriors had been injured. And the kits had great risk of dying or becoming sick if they did not stop for rest. "Mistpaw, go take the prey to some of injured please" Thornstar said with less force in his voice. After making sure the prey the two had caught was going to be eaten by the Clans he turned his attention to the fox. He was all for listening to the fox originally but it was clear the fox only cared about getting the clans to their new territory: even if only one from each still stood. "I believe we are unanimous Red" Thornstar growled.

(Yeah I think we should)

Edited by DarkARM

((Shall I just do it after school? Or TMD could, she comes online earlier than me...))

((I'm drawing a banner for the RP, but it might be another day until it's done. I've already colored half of it, I just need to add the RP name and finish coloring it. ^^))

Marshpelt sat under the overhang, refusing to budge. "Red. We need to rest. If we don't then we might all die. Wether it be from wounds, fatigue, hunger, or mountain predators. I understand why you say we should keep moving. But rested and non-starved and unscathed warriors are what we need to keep us going." she argued, sending out the best reasons.

(Timeskip time!)

Brighteyes grumbled as the morning sun rose over the mountain peaks, shining directly into her eyes. There had been no ledge to hide under when they last stopped to rest, but the weather had been fair enough that they simply gathered together in a large group and slept under the open sky.

'I don't know how WindClan could stand doing this...' the ShadowClan leader thought, her ears twitching as she picked up the sound of chirping birds. At least it didn't sound like there were any predators nearby, a welcome relief. The cougar at the start of their journey had just been the start of things, there had also been falcons, serpents, even the occasional owl. Thankfully, they had warded off most threats, but... there had been injuries. There had even been one or two kits lost, a terrible loss to the still-struggling Clans.

Brighteyes yawned and slowly got to her paws, briefly amused to find she had wound up beside Stormheart... again, it seemed they just gravitated towards one another. He might have been a ThunderClan cat, but he was... better, than the old leaders seemed to be. One who wouldn't bend the Code every which way, or be disgustingly passive. It was almost admirable.

She nimbly hopped over the mass of still sleeping cats, sniffing the air to try and catch anything that might belong to prey, the past few days had been rather lean, the hope of reaching their new territory (which could occasionally be seen, a thick cluster of trees visible in peak gaps) could only sustain the hungry for so long.

Marshpelt awoke to Brighteyes jumping over her. The now-thin warrior got up and carefully stepped through the cats. She thought it oddly amusing how enemies could so suddenly become allies. "Hello, Brighteyes. How are you?" she asked, twitching an ear. "Going hunting?"

Thornstar stretched his legs. He hated sleeping out in the open, momentarily wishing he was in his own den. As he unsheathed and sheathed his claws he looked around. As dangerous as this trip was, the mountains were beautiful. As he scanned the sleeping cats he noticed that he was only one of three who were awake. As he looked at Red he held back a snarl. Thornstar had trusted the fox and in return the furball showed no consideration for the Clans. Why did StarClan pick him? I'd trust a mangy dog over him. Thornstar didn't Red burden his thoughts any longer. As he noticed Brighteyes going off to hunt he called.

"Mind if I join you? I feel useless this far away from the rivers" Thornstar said walking up to the black cat.

Red got up and followed the group of cats. He knew that he wasn't like because he was a fox, and was a little more tough than Midnight. The fox blinked as he went up to the gathering cats, his ears swerving forward. "Good morning," Red said to Marshpelt, Brighteyes, and Thornstar. "We should be going after your hunt. Please hurry as we must be going. We are almost there." he pointed to the last mountain with his snout. "The faster we get there the faster we have a new home."

"That mountain is huge," Stormheart padded up to the group. "It'll take days just to reach the top of it."

"You'll be happy with your new home," Red said. "I promise.

"Of course," Brighteyes said, nodding at Red. "But we'll hardly be able to reach our new home if we're half starved, will we?" she added, her eyes twinkling. She looked over to the others who had asked to join- Marshpelt and Eaglestar, from the looks of it.

"Stormheart? Would you care to join us?" she asked, sweeping her tail back and forth for a moment, looking over at the ThunderClan leader. "With the four of us, it shouldn't take much time..."

Stormheart blinked when the pretty she cat from ShadowClan invited him. His heart skipped a few beats. They had slept curled up next to one another last night, and he longed for the feel of her fur again. He had grown extremely close to the she cat, whom was to be Brightstar. He was about to be Stormstar. They were Clan leaders, and they couldn't be together, no matter how much he wanted to.

What was he talking about again? Love? Interclanner love was horrible- he must face Brighteyes one day no matter how much he did not want to scar her gentle form...

"Oh... thanks, I'll join you..." Stormheart said stiffly, walking over to Brighteyes. His green eyes met hers for a moment, and then dropped. "How is Olivewhisker?' he asked.

Username:

Klow7

Name:

MudSpots

She-cat

36 moons

Clan:

Shadowclan

Position:

Medicine cat(?)

Appearance:

A beautiful dark brown she-cat dappled with a couple of black spots. She has piercing blue eyes that stand out against her dark pelt.

Personality:

MudSpots is a spunky, active minded she-cat with a wild and a calm side. She is can space out a lot, but is a passionate and funny companion.

History:

She was clan-born leading a normal life.

Mother:

He mother was named SilverFur, but she is now dead.

Father:

Her father was FoxCatcher.

Siblings:

None.

Mentor

None

Mate:

Forbidden

Kits:

Forbidden

Other:

She is blind in her right eye.

Edited by klow7

((If you read the rules, one, you would of known to put this in the OCC. two, you would of known to put in a password in the other section.))

Username: Mrmcafee

Name: Lightwing

Clan: ThunderClan

Position: warrior

Appearance: Light grey with long fur and green eyes.

Personality: Shy but can be very bitter at times.

History: She was bred by a ThunderClan and RiverClan mother, and a ShadowClan father.

Mother: Petalfall (dead)

Father: Hawkflight (dead) They died from a rat battle.

Siblings: none

Mate: not yet

Kits: none yet

Other: Fried chicken!

Can you guys give me a brief summery of what happened so far?

Lightwing sighed. She was so used to living in the old ThunderClan territory and she felt homesick. Her muscles ached! How much further would the clans have to travel! Lightwing had just been made a warrior. Sometimes, even Lightwing thought Stormheart was wrong to make her a warrior. She certainly didn't look big enough to be a warrior. But that was just Lightwing's body build up, and she hated it! She hated being small. She felt like the clan couldn't use her. She felt like every time the clans looked at her, they saw a helpless kit. But the clans knew Lightwing was much more than that. They new she cold fight, hunt, and kill as easily as anyone else. But Lightwing wanted to fit in.

Edited by mrmcafee

"Then let's go, before all the others wake up." Marshpelt flicked her tail. She parted her jaws, scenting the air. She picked up scent of rabbit. She didn't like hunting rabbit, but it would do the Clans good. The muddy-colored cat bounded off, following the freshest direction of the scent.