TwilightMoonDragon

Warrior Cats: Worn Hearts and Dark Paths

Marshpelt's grip was getting a bit loose, but she didn't give in to fatigue and gripped onto the branch even harder. "Do I have to drag you three as well as them?" she growled at the other cats who were holding the branch sturdy. A wave of strength came over Marshpelt in her anger and she hauled up two mouse-lengths of the branch. The cats climbing up lurched a bit, but nothing so bad that Olivewhisker would fall off. Holding onto the branch was eating away at her strength, and she was moody right now so she wanted the cats to hurry up. The mouse she had been eating was getting cold, and she didn't like cold food. She tugged it impatiently, willing them to get a bit faster.

((It's odd. My brain totally derps out on me then it floods me with millions of ideas in under five minutes. xd.png))

Duskfur pushed Oivewhisker up with her head as the rock shifted away. Fear stabbed through her as she started to slide backwards with the rock. Duskfur was pushed backwards, forced to release her grip on the rock wall. She slid back, wild eyes darting for an escape. Duskfur screeched as her legs were pushed off the ledge and she was left dangling by her paws. The leadge seemed to get stuck for a moment, adjusting it's posiition. Duskfur looked straight at Olivewhisker, hoping to meet eyes before she... The ledge fell with a crack and Duskfur fell with it. Now was the time for her plan. The world seemed to go in slow motion as Duskfur hooked onto the wall just below were the ledge was. It fell down and Duskfur looked back, seeing it dissapeare between the trees. She closed her eyes and pressed against the rock as if her life depended on it. Her shivering body plastered to the wall as if she was part of it herself. Duskfur was always known for her extrodinarily fast thinking and rash decisions. She worked on her gut feeling and her friends always joked how it was a wonder that she wasn't already dead. Suddenly, it didn't seem funny anymore.

Edited by Laurarockstar

"DUSKFUR!NOOOO!"Ryewhisker yowled as he stared helplessly at the place his sister had been. letting go of the branch he ran to the edge to spot his sister clinging for her life against the rock. Dont leg go... he bowed his head. how was she supposed to get out of this one? But then again Duskfur wasnt any cat, She was unstoppable "Duskfur, tell me what to do!" he begged, he knew she would have some sort of plan in her mind and he needed to save his sister.

The wind was cold and Ryewhisker shivered. what was wrong? was she okay. What if she's hurt! he couldnt bear it! They needed some help but what? The branch was too big and a crack had appeared in it and Duskfur wouldnt be able to grab it because then if she tried she would plummet to her death. There was only one option.

"Somebody lower me down!" he shrieked to the clan cats

Finally Marshpelt seemed to trust the other cats to hold to the branch. She went over to Ryewhisker. "But how will we lower you down, Ryewhisker?" she said, tone oddly cold. "That was the largest and pretty much only branch we could find. Or do you want me to lower you by the tail?" she asked.

"precisely, or even better grab my tail in your mouth, and hold my back legs with your claws, i might be able to reach her, i am quite long" He said to Marshpelt, this cat was pretty courageous too. "Dont worry Duskfur , i'm coming to get you!2 he shouted down hoping she would hear and not do anything silly, and he waited for a few other cats to agree to his plan because they would need more than Marshpelt to help.

"Just as stubborn as Duskfur." Marshpelt murmured, and she clamped onto Ryewhisker's tail. She searched for a good clawhold right above or extremely close to above where Duskfur was. She found one and half-dragged the tomcat over and pushed him toward the edge. "And if all three of us end up being over the edge, know that even though Olivewhisker was first over, your weight had hauled me down, and I'll place blame on you if I get hurt or even die." she said lowly though a mouthful of fur.

((Lawl, bipolar Marshpelt. Exactly what I meant: Totally friendly one second, clawing your ears off the next. Or, in this case, panicking and going crazy one second, and threatening a cat the next. xd.png))

" Ill keep that in mind" Ryewhisker murmured, he hadn't really taken into account what she said for he was concentrating greatly on his sister. As He felt Marshpelt fling him over he looked at Duskfur. "Duskfur i'm right here" he meowed to her as soft as he could, it wouldn't help if he got her angry. Reaching down as far as he could his paws scraped Duskfurs neck. "Duskfur, could you climb one more foothold up?" he asked, he was so close to grabbing her scruff.

((Basically Ryewhisker and Marshpelt were talking then Marshpelt grabbed Ryewhisker's tail and pushed him over the edge so he could reach Duskfur. xd.png))

Or I could go forward a bit. the muddy cat thought, inching herself forward. She looked like a streak of mud on the stone, stretched out to her limit. Ryewhisker was now dangling at the perfect height, able to grab Duskfur. But Marshpelt was feeling lightheaded, and she needed another cat to help. "Someone help me," her muffled meow sounded though both shortage of breath and fur. "If I start slipping forward, grab me, and pull me back up," she strained out each word. It was obvious the stretching was causing her pain.

Hollyfeather let go of the branch and ran to help Marshpelt and Ryewhisker. She grabbed hold of Marchpelts tail and haunches. "Rainpaw , Lionpaw we need your strength come and help!" she ordered to the apprentices. Wildpaw stepped forward to give aid but Hollyfeather shook her head." Head back to the clans tell them whats happening and not to come here, and say that i sent you, and that's an order Wildpaw!"She meowed, she noticed a Flame coloured apprentice standing awkwardly to her right." And take Bluepaw with you!"

Wildpaw nodded but before she left she remembered who Hollyfeather asked to help. She spotted his golden pelt immediately and sprinted up to him. Rubbing her head along his shoulder she said" Be careful." Then she sped away hoping she hadn't caused too much of a scene.

((Dapplefur is currently helping Olivewhisker up ledge by ledge too.))

(wait they got up didnt they?! and then Duskfur fell because she didnt get to the branch in time, and the branch is on the top of the cliff safely, so thats must mean that Dapplefur and Olivewhisker are safe, right?

Thornstar had decided to go out hunting himself. However, there were no streams that he could find. After trying to find a stream that did have fish in it, he gave up and started to look for land prey. Granted he wasn't good at hunting mice and the like. But he still felt he had to do something while they weren't moving. As he tracked the scent of a vole he found a stream that actually had fish in it. "Finally" he said, back in his element.

((Dew is right. ^^))

Olivewhisker looked in horror as his lovely Duskfur fell. The tom tossed his head back and yowled in fear and sorrow. Duskfur! It was all his fault that she was dead! But all of a sudden, he saw cats trying to get something off the ledge. His green eyes narrowed. Duskfur... She was alive?! "Duskfur!" tears gathered in his eyes and he raced toward the ledge again, fur bristling. That... Was a miracle from StarClan! "Duskfur! I'll help you! You know why? Because I love you!" he confessed to the deputy.

((Hm))

Lionpaw turned and watched as Wildpaw pelted away. His pelt prickled where she had rubbed up against him. Does she... like me? The very thought sent butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dapplefur sat, slightly out of breath, beside her mate. "You did fine," Eaglestar mewed, licking the she-cat on the ear. She nodded and said, "But Duskfur is still down there! I want to help but-" Eaglestar cut her off and said firmly, "You did what you could, and that's enough"

Ryewhisker strecthed his neck as far as it would go. Then he suddenly jerked and grabbed hold of Duskfurs scruff between his jaws. A storm was brewwing and rain pattered down on his and his sisters pelt, he knew they had get up soon otherwise the rain would make Duskfurs fur slippery and he would lose hold of her. He turned his head to Marshpelt and the others. "Quick! Pull us back up! I might not be able to hold one much longer!" he urgently warned them.

He began to feel a tugging sensation in his tail as he was being raised higher and higher. Eventually his pack claws scrabbled for a hold on the edge of the cliff and he helped himself get back on the rocky surface. He used old his strength to pull his drenched littermate up onto safety, it was much harder because her pelt was full of water. When he realized they were both safe he fell down, legs splyed out and lay panting. Coughing up a bit of water he opened his mouth."She's all your Olivewhisker" he said with a smile before he blacked out.

"Wha-?" Duskfur almost fell off the cliff from Olivewhisker's confession. Drops started falling onto her fur, clinging on. Sudddenly she felt her brother pull her up to safetey and tears whelled into her eyes. The pittering oof raiin increased, and Duskfur cried out in horror as Rywhisker blacked out. As much as shee hated it though, she couldn'e help glancing at Olivewhisker. Were they okay?

Hollyfeather drenched in rain looked ridiculous with her usually fluffy fur sinking to the ground being dragged in the dirt as she padded over to Duskfur. Touching her tail to the deputys back she sighed." Don't think about anything, rest now Duskfur, youve had a terrible experiance and you must be tired" she cooed, she knew the deputy wouldnt take it lightly that Hollyfeather was treating her as a young kit but she didnt care, all she wanted was for this brave cat to get better and have some sleep. "Ryewhisker is fine, dont worry i will look after him."

Edited by Dewspirit

Olivewhisker glanced at Duskfur when she cried out. Her brother Ryewhisker had collapsed on the ground, making him run up to Ryewhisker. "It's okay," he looked Ryewhisker over a bit before walking back over to Duskfur. "He's just tired and swallowed a bit of water." he shrugged. "Though I'm not sure... It doesn't seem that Ryewhisker is in danger of dying and a medicine cat will come and take care of him." he frowned. "But hey," he rested his tail on her shoulder. "If you don't like me back, it's okay."

For once, Duskfur looked gratefully at the other deputy. "Thank you." she whispered. The she cat turned to Olivewhisker when he came next to her. She gazed at him for a second, making a decision. Then, Duskfur pressed her head into Olivewhisker's fur, purring despite being cold, tired, and misreable. Her fur was dripping wet outlineing the more petite Duskfur. She seemed worn out and her legs were shaking, but her eyes were bright with excitment, adventure, and somewhere deaper, fear.

Hollyfeather was shocked at the other she-cat's response but was glad of it nontheless. The small flighty deputy turned to look at the tabby and white tom laying on the ground before her. hmm...well i guess Shadowclan do have some handsome cats she thought funnily to herself. She nudged him with her paw to check if he was fully unconscious. He didnt respond.

Dragging the tom onto her back was the hard part but fortunately(and unsually) the ShadowClan tom was not much heavier than she was just wider and taller. he must not have very much muscle... she thought before she remembered this cat was particularly against battles so he wouldn't have fought much.

"Come on, lets get out of the rain. There is no way we can keep traveling now," Eaglestar said to Dapplefur, helping his mate to her paws. They quickly took shelter under the overhang. Eaglestar poked his head out and called to the others, "Everyone under here! We don't need any cats getting sick!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Ignoring his father, Lionpaw scurried off to find Wildpaw. He wasa having trouble picking up her scent through the rain. "Wildpaw!?" he called, stumbling blindly through the now pouring rain.

Olivewhisker felt Duskfur push her head against his fur, making him purr loudly. So, they were mates now? Or not? He didn't care. He just hoped that StarClan would grant Duskfur a long life so that she would be a great leader. The tom nuzzled her cheek, continuing to purr.

"Sadly Eaglestar," Red padded up to the cats, his tail waving. "We can't stop again. We must get moving. There are many storms like these and we must get accustomed to them."

"I have a sprained leg," Olivewhisker looked from Duskfur. "I don't mind moving."

"No. We have to stop for you Oivewhisker." she almost whined. "And the rain i mean." Duskfur turned to Red. "Red, you know very well that cats are not as resistent as foxes. Look at the kits!" she said, motioning her tail to Russetfur who was trying to warm up a pile of shivering grey fur. "It' been a long day, and we have caught much prey. Are you sure?" This time, Duskfur feared for the saftey of the whole clan.

Wildpaw had sneaked off with Stripepaw, both wanting a new adventure.As Wildpaw sniffed at the forest floor that they now entered she caught the scent of pheasant. Her ears pricked she turned to her best friend. "Hey Stripepaw i smell pheasant, i better leave it to you because , well... you know i am terrible at hunting" she meowed in his ear. Nodding Stripepaw completely understood and scurried off to find the prey.

When he returned his jaws were carrying a large bird almost as big as he was, and he was half dragging it . Wildpaw purred, this would\feed a whole Clan! She congratulated the tom and suddenly went down into a crouching position. " Lets practice fighting!" she meowed happily.

"No!" Stripepaw yowled with a faint hint of laughter, shocked Wildpaw stood up." Sorry Wildpaw its just you always win, its bit unfair really that you are kin of Lionblaze, but lucky too if we ever go into battle" he meowed reassuring her. It was just then that they heard and saw Lionpaw come crashing threw to meet them.

Stripepaw pulled a face. "oh and here comes you boyfriend "