TwilightMoonDragon

Warrior Cats: Worn Hearts and Dark Paths

Hollyfeather streched as she awoke from her dreams, She started to likc her bushy fur that never seemed to lie flat. She noticed that the cats seemed hungry. Padding on top of a low rock she spoke." Olivewhisker, Bluepaw and Wildpaw, you will join my hunting patrol." She meowed" Be here as soon as i come back"

Bluepaw looked up from his playfight with his sister, anger knawed at his belly. No other Clan cat should tell him what to do! He said good bye to Palepaw and gathered himself as he walked towards where Hollyfeather had shouted them. He groaned as he heard Wildpaw's name. As the lithe young she-cat padded up beside him, he let back a low growl. " You better not talk to me" He warned as Wildpaw looked at him in horror.

Blackthunder looked around, wondering if he would be needed for hunting. If not, he could use more herbs and wanted to check everyone's pads. Then he noticed his sisters. "Flamerose, Larkwish!" he called. The two she-cats bounded over. "Larkwish, I know youre from windclan, but can you two help me check the pads of the others? I need to make sure they aren't cracked." The two nodded and bounded off to start checking pads, calling out "see us if you've got cracked pads."

Hollyfeather returned." Let's go" she mowed as she sped off through the forest. She smiled as she noticed Wildpaw try to catch up to her. " Wildpaw fall back, i dont want you to waste your energy, and from what i hear you dont seem to be the best huntress so keep it for the prey and maybe you'll catch more than one, and by the way be nice to Bluepaw" She meowed.

Wildpaw nodded her head, she was glad Hollyfeather was her kin, she treated her as an equal, but the thought of being near Bluepaw chilled her to the bone. She fell back until she was at the rear with the fiery apprentice with the strange blue eyes, those eyes completely mesmerized her and she was caught staring. " Stop staring at me" Bluepaw snarled, he sped up.

" I am sorry i just cant help it, your too damn ugly!" Wildpaw pulled an apologetic face linked with a smirk afterwards, this tom needed a taste of his own medicine.

Olivewhisker scowled when the RiverClan deputy organized hunting the patrol. What was she to do that? He didn't have to listen to her! Why did he have to listen to her? She was a RiverClan cat and he was a ShadowClan one! And so was Bluepaw! And Wildpaw was a ThunderClan she cat! For some reason he didn't think that Thornstar made a good choice at picking Hollyfeather as his deputy. The sandy tom looked over his shoulder and Duskfur and Ryewhisker, and ran behind Hollyfeather and the two apprentices. "I smell pheasant!"

Hollyfeather could sense Olivewhiskers anger. " We have to work together, Olivewhisker otherwise how else are we going to survive, and i am a deputy and a senior warrior" She meowed, she had to get the point across that she couldnt be pushed around. She stopped dead" Where?" She took on the ThunderClan hunting crouch as she smelled the large bird, that could feed a whole clan!

Duskfur jumped over a rock and scented the air. The fresh, warm smell of squirrel filled her nose. She sniffed around the corners until she spotted it. 'Look at the SIZE of this thing!' she thought, admiring the fat squirrel. Duskfur waved her tail in the air to warn Ryewhisker that it was hers. She carefully stepped forward. 'Don't mess up!' she said to herself, knowing very well she HAD to catch this. She pounced and landed perfectly on top of the prey. Now, Duskfur knew she shouldn't... but she had a very particular way of killing her prey. Duskfur took a claw and ripped the troat out of the animal, killing it. Creepy. She remembered the word most cats described it as, but Duskfur was a very good hunter, and her clan started to get used to it. She perked up and took the squirrel in her mouth. Padding towards Ryewhisker.

((Awwww yeahh... Duskfur has a very dark side >:3))

"Over there," whispered Olivewhisker, motioning with his tail as he focused ahead. His green eyes were locked on a big bird that stalked around the mountain side. While he didn't know what it was doing there, food was food. "Wraaaahhh!" he let out a battle cry as he pounced on the bird. The bird squawked and fell to the side, but it was way to close to the edge and skidded over it. Olivewhisker yowled in horror as he fell down too, but thank StarClan he fell on a ledge, and not all the way down. It still hurt like hell though, and he said nothing.

"Olivewhisker"! Hollyfeather yowled as she saw him fall of the cliff, she sprinted after him terrified so find him lying lifeless in the earth below. Stretching her head downwards as far as she could, she noticed Olivewhiskers pelt dusty with dry mud, lying on a ledge just out of her reach. "Dont try to come back up!" She yowled down." Ill get the others, okay?" She meowed, she had noticed the large branch not far from her, but she wouldn't be able to help Olivewhisker herself, she was too small and only one cat, she couldn't take Olivewhiskers and the branch weight; they would;d both fall

Eaglestar bounded up the cliffs in search for prey. Picking up the scent of mouse, he parted his jaws and pursed the smell. He spotted two of the little brown creatures nibbling at one of the berries from the bushes. The leader dropped into a hunter's crouch and carefully moved downwind of the unsuspecting creatures. Without any warning, he leapt from his cover, landing squarely on the back of one of the mice, killing it instantly. The other made a run for it, but Eaglestar bolted after it, and finished it off quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lionpaw stuck his head under the overhang and mewed, "All apprentices, medicine cats, and medicine cat apprentices come with me! Eaglestar said we need traveling herbs before we continue. The others are hunting."

Standing up Hawkfire stretched, still pondering about his dream. Mabey I should look into it... Looking around the meicine found the cat he was looking for. "WillowKit!" the tom called out walking over to the small shecat. "Would you like to come help me find herbs?" Smiling Hawkfire waited for her responce.

Brighteyes nodded, following Stormheart's gaze until she too saw the hole. The scent of mouse was fairly strong, and wonderfully fresh... though it had the added effect of making her feel hungrier than she already was.

"How do you suggest we draw them out?" she asked, looking towards the ThunderClan leader. Despite her initial misgivings, he was... not as bad as she had originally thought. Even the usual ThunderClan 'we know better than you' attitude seemed downplayed in him, something she was quite thankful for.

Pain. That was all he felt.

Olivewhisker groaned as he got to his paws, shaking himself out. As he rested his hind law back on the ground, he yelped in surprise. That hurt even more! Oh StarClan, don't have his leg broken... But as he set it down again, it was against his wishes. "I'm not going anywhere for a while, Hollyfeather," he called back up at the black she cat. His eyes twinkled with pain. "I think my leg is broken... Get a medicine cat with you!" he said, frowning deeper than normal.

Stormheart glanced over at Brighteyes. "Well, mice like nuts, don't they?" he asked, nodding in agreement with himself. "There are trees right there-"

All of a sudden, something came down from the mountains. It was a cat, but not just any cat- a mountain cat. Puma. Cougar. The predator's round, green eyes twinkled as it laid them on Brighteyes, making Stormheart hold his breath. "Oh, by StarClan-" Stormhert leapt in front of Brighteyes, taking defensive position. "Brighteyes! Run and get reinforcements! I'll hold it off!" as if aggravated, the cougar bared its teeth threateningly.

Willowkit nodded with brigt eyes. "Of course, Hawkfire!" the little kit said happily. She had always been interested in herbs and was delighted that the medicine cat asked HER. "What do we need?"

Duskfur took her catch and started back toward the 'camp' sure her brother was stalking some prey. She looked around the makeshift camp, searching for Olivewhisker. 'So i can brag about this squrrel,' she thought to herself uncertainly. Look what her brother did, putting silly ideas in her head!

((Duskfur is going to FREAK... X3))

Edited by Laurarockstar

"Okay !" Hollyfeather yowled. She raced back to the apprentices and told them what had happened and to keep and eye on Olive whisker, they sped off in the toms direction. The she heard a large roar(the cougar), her heart was pounding. She ran back to camp. " Help!" she screeched.

(sorry, cannot write anymore, too tired, night night friends)

Edited by Dewspirit

(Dew, the cougar never made any sound.)

Brighteyes froze at the sight of the cougar, her eyes boring into the similarly-colored ones of the creature before her. At Stormheart's words, though, the ShadowClan leader nodded and tore off towards where the Clans were gathered, her heart racing. Oh StarClan, if they lost one of the leaders...

"Everyone!" she shouted, finally reaching the makeshift camp. "There is a cougar nearby, Stormheart is trying to hold it off! Young warriors and apprentices, get kits and elders somewhere safe! Everyone else, follow me!" she yowled, before turning and running back towards where Stormheart was. She wasn't going to let this go down without a fight, not by a long shot...

Duskfur was torn. Should she go help Olivewhisker?! What about the cougar?! She looked at Hollyfeather with angry eyes. How could she just leave Olivewhisker there?! Why didn't she stay to protect the leaders?! Duskfur slowly growled, but tore off into the direction Hollyfeather came. She intended to go fight the cougar. Olivewhisker could wait, her duty came first. When she saw the huge cat, her breath caught in her throat and she carefully moved in front of the leaders without their 9 lives, her eyes fixed on it. What if the lost a leader? No! They would lose her first. Duskfur growled slowly.

Edited by Laurarockstar

Stormheart hissed as Brighteyes tore away. "Hurry!" he cried. The cougar was slowly prowling toward him, and Stormheart felt his fur rise along his sign. The cougar snarled again, growling menacingly as it drew its tongue over its lips. The tabby's heart was about to pop out of his chest. Where was Brighteyes?! All of a sudden, Duskfur stepped in front of the leaders. "No!" he shoved the she cat out of the way. His green eyes met hers. "Duskfur, you need to focus on getting Brighteyes somewhere safe. I'll hold the cougar off until you get back!"

"No!" Brighteyes spat, breathing heavily as she skidded to a stop beside Stormheart, her fur standing on end. She hissed at the cougar and extended her claws, trying to get a good assessment of the situation. It was so much larger than them, but.. that could be an advantage. The stance it held was wide, and the ShadowClan she-cat could see a ledge behind it... if she could just get there, she might be able to attack the thing.

"You... Duskfur. You and Stormheart keep it distracted," she hissed, looking over at her deputy.

Stormheart looked at Brighteyes when she skidded next to him, worry sparkling in his green eyes. His ears twitched. He wasn't going to let Brighteyes get hurt. For some reason, he found it upon himself to defend her. He wouldn't let her glossy black pelt get scarred, nor her round, green eyes get gouged but the cougar's fangs... He locked eyes with her. His voice held an underscore of authority, but not 'I'm better than you authority' known to TbunderClan cats, but one from a tom to a she cat. "Brighteyes, you and Duskfur will do a great job in distracting the cougar with your lithe form. I could push it over that ledge if it gets close to it."

All of a sudden, the cougar growled and rushed toward the cats, teeth glistening in the morning sun.

((Ps, cougars don't roar. ;P))

Duskfur didn't know what to do. Think. Think. Stormheart and Brighteyes' voices quieted against the sound of blood rushing through her ears. Then, suddenly, the cougar ran toward them, teeth bared. Time seemed to slow, buying her time, even if only mentally. If Brighteyes and Stormheart needed a distraction, she would get them one. Duskfur lunged toward the mountain lion, faster than the large creature and clamped her jaw onto his front leg. She tasted blood seeping into her mouth, and wasn't sure if it was her's or the puma's.

Eaglestar padded back towards the other cats, mice dangling from his jaws. His walk soon turned to a sprint at the sound of fighting. He quickly hid the kill and bolted back to where the others were. He skidded to a halt, stifling abhasp at the sight of the cougar. Horrified as it made a lung for the other cats, he followed up on Duskfur's move by leaping at the cougar's head. He scored his claws down the side of it's face, making sure to tear at its eye before twisting away from the big cat's gleaming teeth.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lionpaw whipped around at a growling noise. He gasped at the sight of the creature. It must have been fourteen times his size. Scared, but determined, he raced forward, unsheathing his claws. Just as he was about to attack, something grabbed him by his scruff and pulled him back. He yowled in frustration, kicking away from whatever held him. However, he was effortlessly pinned, and he found himself looking into his mother's furious eyes. "What do you think you are doing?!? You couldn't take on a small fox, let alone a mountain cat. Get back with other apprentices, NOW!" Dapplefur growled, before bolting off to join her mate.

Edited by Moonbeam22

"Good luck. Make sure we're all off of the best before you push it, though," Brighteyes said before leaping off to the side, closer to the ledge. She spat and hissed at the cougar, trying to draw its attention until she saw Eaglestar dart in.

'Mousebrain!' she thought, briefly freezing in horror as she watched the WindClan leader leap into the fray. What Duskfur had done was one thing, she had just bitten the cougar. Trying to tear its eye... that could be a problem.