TwilightMoonDragon

Warrior Cats: Worn Hearts and Dark Paths

((The cougar is an NPC guys~))

Stormheart nodded when Brighteyes wished him good luck. The cougar was crying out with pain and rage, swatting at any cat that came close. It was slowly backing away toward the ledge, obviously not comfortable with its two prey becoming several. The tabby Tom prepared to knock it over the edge, his tail waving with apprehension. This was going to be a major problem. How was he supposed to knock a full grown cougar off the mountain by himself?

(sorry i think i imagined the roar i was falling asleep wink.gif)

Hollyfeather thought for a second, Olivewhisker was fine, she left two majorly skilled apprentices with him. She darted back to where she glimpsed the couger. Stopping at Stormhearts side, she had many plans, but this was up to a leader. she spoke" What do you want me to do."

((Btw, Dew, can you post a bit more in your posts? ;3))

Stormheart bared his teeth when he cougar thrashed. The cougar seemed angry with all the cats on it. The fur on the big cat was tinged with blood. The cougar's ears were matter with blood as well. "Hollyfeather!" he swung his head to the black she cat. His green eyes glowered into hers with fear and anger. Anger at the mountain cat. "Distract the mountain cat some more. It needs some more distraction! Just one more cat'll do it!" he smirked.

Marshpelt darted out. "Here, I'll be the last one," she shouted, landing on the cougar's head. It shook its head violently, making it stumble, but Marshpelt stayed fast. She bit its right ear until it bled. "Hurry up, I'm losing my grip!"

((Okay guys, new rule. You must post more than six sentences in your posts, each containing more than three words in each. Kay?))

Stormheart watched as Marshpelt pounced on the cougar. The leader smirked wildly. Yes. The cougar was down! He watched as the cougar stepped close to the edge, and without it even knowing, he started to rush toward it. "Everyone get off! Get off now! I'm going to push it off!" with that, knowing that every cat was off of the cougar, he slammed into it, the cougar shrieking in pain and surprise and tipping backwards. It screeched as it fell over, but with taking the ThunderClan leader over with it. Thank StarClan, Stormheart latched onto the cliff with his sharp class, and looked down to see the cougar lying lifelessly hundreds of feet below him. "Help me up!"

"Stormheart, you are all too foolish yet still extremely respectable. I can only wonder how you do it." Marshpelt meowed in amusement. The muddy-looking she-cat hauled the ThunderClan leader up with suprising strength. "We should be careful, there might be more around," Marshpelt meowed. "And since that's done, I would rather like it if we could get moving again. Want to get as far from the Twolegs as possible before sunset,"

(( I only have short posts because there'shardly anything to reply to! D: ))

Edited by dangershy

((No, not only you, danger. ;3 There's others here that their posts are a tad bit short. ^^))

"Thanks Marshpelt." Stormheart said as he was hauled up. He shook of his pelt. From what he could see in the distance, cats were eating from a freshkill pile. "Oh look, they caught enough prey. We'll eat and then we'll get going." he dipped his head to Marshpelt and started to walk away. But then he heard a voice.

"Help!"

Stormheart blinked in surprise as he looked down at the muddy cat on the ledge. It was Olivewhisker of ShadowClan. "Olivewhisker!" he cried. "He's down there!"

The second the cougar was pushed, Duskfur went to Olivewhisker. "Olivewhisker!" Duskfur cried looking down at him. "What happened?!" the counsern was replaced with anger, and she instantly wipped her head to Hollyfeather. She shook her head and looked back down at him. "Where does it hurt? I'm 'gonna come get you!" Duskfur said, scanning the rock area between them. She was planning to climb down to him, but how she would get him up was a harder matter. Duskfur's tail swayed from side to side, and she leaned dangerously over the edge. Worry was obvious on her face, something that was rarely seen on Duskfur.

Edited by Laurarockstar

Olivewhisker paced around the ledge, his leg carried by him. When was anyone goin to help? He had gotten Duskfur's attention. The she cat looked down at him with worry and seemed that she was about to jump off. "Duskfur, no! Don't jump. You'll break a leg!" he cried, looking up at her. He frowned. "There was this pheasant, a big juicy one at that... And I pounced on it and it toppled over the edge, and I fell here..." he lashed his tail. "I'll be okay! I just need help getting up, that's all." he looked over his shoulder. In reality, he was trembling. This place was so far up that it was incredible.

"I'm not stupid, Olivewhisker," she said with a smirk, refering to the fact that he told her not to jump. She saw a couple pawholds and calculated how to get down. "Maybe if..." she mumbled to herself. "Aha!" Duskfur said as she found the correct way to get down. "But how will i know those ledges will hold my weight..." she thought about it for a moment and threw a rock onto the first one. Good enough, she thought as the pawhold held the small rock. Duskfur took carefully half crawled half jumped to the first ledge. She realized there were no more, but there were dents in the wall. Could she climb down, backwards? Dusfur swung to the side, latching onto the wall. Her two front paw had a grip, and so did her right foot. Although, Duskfur miscalculated the distance of the hole where her left foot should have landed and it left her wildly trying to get a grip. Then, her other back claw lost hold, leaving her swinging from her front feet. "Ekkk!" She cried, trying to get a footing. Duskfur did find a foot hold for both her feet, but it still left her shaking. She slowed her pace and carefully climbed down to Olivewhikser. Cautiously placing a paw on the ledge, Duskfur could tell that it could hold both of them, but not long.

"Duskfur, are you insane?!" Olivewhisker yowled. He was pulling the grass from the ledge with his claws. Why couldn't she stay up there?! He shouldn't have poured on the pheasant even if it fed the Clan for the week. He probably should of let it run around the corner before pouncing on it. He glowered angrily at Duskfur as she stood near him, whiskers twitching in the beginning of a snarl. "What have you done, Duskfur?!" he cried. "Now the Clans ate supposed to drag both of us up there." he didn't want Duskfur hurt. She was a deputy, and his life was worth less than hers to the Clan.

Eaglestar watched as the cougar fell to its death. Satisfaction bubbled inside him, only until he spotted Olivewhisker and Duskfur on a ledge below. He prepared himself to go after them, but stopped as a tail touched his shoulder. It was Dapplefur. "Let me help them. You may be a better fighter, but you know there is SkyClan in my blood. Let me try to help." Eaglestar stared at his mate for a moment, then nodded in his approval. Without another word, Dapplefur began gracefully decending the cliff on the small ledges. However, she knew it would be ten times as hard getting them both back up.

Edited by Moonbeam22

"I can climb up myself," she snarled angrilly. "I got down here, didn't I?!" Duskfur hated when people wanted to help her. She was fine on her own. SHE was going to help Olivewhisker, she didn't need someone helping HER. "Shut up Olivewhisker!" she grumbled. Duskfur didn't do anything, she was HELPING. "You need help getting back up don't you? That's what i'm here for. I'm not a helpless kit who needs help to get out of trouble, tom!" she grunted. Duskfur turned her head and examined the wall. "With Dapplefur coming down... we can probably both lift you up." she turned to him. "Which legs can you still use?" the air of command was obvious in her voice.

Edited by Laurarockstar

"By StarClan," Olivewhisker twitched his tail crossly when Duskfur yelled. This ledge was not going to hold them for long and if it did, they had no way of going back up. His green eyes looked up at the higher ledge to see Dapplefur coming down for then. "I can use all of my legs except for my right back leg." he looked at it for emphasis. It was gently picked off the ground, and he looked back at Duskfur. "It's all my fault," stated Olivewhisker. "If I hadn't gone hunting with Hollyfeather, Id be with you up there..."

"Hold on!" Hollyfeather managed to grumble to the cats below. " This should help!" She spotted the long strong branch again and summoned Bluepaw and Wildpaw. "Here you two help me drag this to the cliff where the ShadowClan cats are, watch where your going though, we dont want another falling down." She warned as she took the end of the branch in her jaws and started dragging.

Wildpaw did as she was told, grabbing a part of the branch she helped Bluepaw and Hollyfeather move it over to the cliff. Hollyfeather looked down to spot the cats." We are going to slowly push this branch down to your level, it will help you climb up, please trust me!" She urged them, she flicked her tail for Stripepaw and Palepaw to help, this was going to be hard, she would need more cats to hold the weight of the branch and two warriors. They gradually let the branch slide down until the tip hit the little cliffpart and it was at and angle so the branch wasn't that steep.

Ryewhisker turned his head. "Duskfur!No!" He yowled as he leapt from where he was standing to the point where his sister had been moments ago, as he looked down he spotted her dark pelt clinging to the side of the rock and watched her make her way carefully down. " Be careful" He called to her, he knew from past experiences she could be reckless and would risk her life at any chance she got. But he also knew that Duskfur has started to have feelings for Olivewhisker, he could tell, so he would use all his strength and energy to save this cat who was his Clanmate and Duskfurs possible mate.

He spotted and opportunity and ran to help Hollyfeather, they needed a large strong warrior to help them, he knew that Hollyfeather was not as strong as many warriors but he admired her for her skill and wit. "Duskfur listen to me!" he shouted to her. "Please for once accept this, i cant bear to lose you" He hoped his words has altered his sisters mind to take the wiser choice in accepting aid from the other cats.

Hawkfire nodded at the kits answer. "Hmm I couldnt carry much from the camp, and incase any cat gets hurt," Thinking Hawkfire closed his eyes. "We will need burdock, cobwebs, and poppyseeds." Opening the toms eyes he looked down at Willowkit. "Now, were do you think we could find these herbs?." the medicinecat asked her wanting to see if the she-cat knew where these small herbs could be found.

Dapplefur responed to Ryewhisker's warning with a flick of her tail. She dare not try to turn and respond to him, for the risk of loosing her balance and falling was much too great. With a few more careful jumps, the she-cat reached Duskfur and Olivewhisker. "Are either of you hurt?" she asked, eyeing them carefully. Dapplefur didn't see that Olivewhisker had broken a leg from the top of the cliff.

~~~~~~~~~

Eaglestar watched quietly as Dapplefur decended to the other cats. He trusted in his mate's abilitites, but worry still knawed at his stomach. "W-what's going on?" Lionpaw's voice mewed as his son came to the edge of the cliff. "Olivewhisker and Duskfur are trapped on a ledge down there. Your mother is trying to help them up." He felt the small golden tom tense beside him as his eyes locked on the dark grey shape of his mother far below.

Marshpelt was just about to go eat when she heard Olivewhisker. She pelted to them, but most of them had already started helping. "Oh, StarClan, will I ever get a break? How long is it going to be?" she muttered under her breath. When she saw that she would be no use, she flicked her tail and went to the fresh-kill pile and chose a well-sized mouse for a cat of her size. She ate it slowly, lost in thought.

((Dead brain ATM >_>))

Edited by dangershy

"I am NOT TRAPPED," Duskfur barked. Angry still, Duskfur did NOT fall, She CLIMBED. She looked up at her brother, and as much as she didn't want help, she knew she couldn't lug him up herself. "Get on the branch, Olivewhisker." she grumbled. "I'll help you from behind. Fear prickled at her pelt as she suddeny felt the rock shifting. The ledge was falling! "And hurry up!!!"

Edited by Laurarockstar

Olivewhisker shifted his paws uncomfortably as Duskfur scolded him. His pelt heated up with embarrassment. The tom was not used to being yelled at a she cat. Especially the deputy. Duskfur and him were denmates, and went through their lives as loyal ShadowClan cats. The tabby sandy cat watched as Dapplefur came down as well. "My leg is broke," he started, but flinched when the rock shifted. Oh. My. StarClan.

"Move!" Olivewhisker screeched in horror, beginning to shove Duskfur and Dapplefur up the branch. "I'll follow!"

Marshpelt heard them screeching to hurry up. She hared to them, abandoning her meal. Without evwen asking, she immedatley latched onto the branch, tugging it with all the cats on it. "Come on, come on!" she said through a mouth full of a branch. Her claws came unsheathed, clinging harshly to the stone. The cats were pulled forward only so slightly, but Marshpelt felt the shift, and tugged so hard that her neck made a click-snap sound as it was harshly yanked. She ignored the pinch of pain and walked back with force, the others just holding on.

Dapplefur nodded, and began climbing back up. With every ledge, she helped Olivewhisker by pulling her up by the scruff to make up for the leg she couldn't use. Though her heart was pounding, the she-cat knew with one cat above and one cat below Olivewhisker, they would be able to get to safety. "Come on Olivewhisker..." she urged, pulling her up to the next ledge.