TwilightMoonDragon

Warrior Cats: Worn Hearts and Dark Paths

Lionpaw gasped. "He killed his father? Oh my gosh... but why!?!" he asked, eyes widening in terror. Heat prickled through his pelt as the young tom shot a nervous glance at the sleeping apprentice. Could he be trusted not to kill another cat? Was he going to be like Tigerstar from all those stories? Lionpaw gulped at the thought of it.

(P.s can you please make Hollyfeather only 34 moons?)

Hollyfeather woke up. she stayed up late the night before, and when it was her turn to sleep she tumbled into any nest she found. Turns out as she just realized in the morning she was curled right up against Stormheart. she slowly tried to move without waking him up, but failed as her whiskers brushed his pelt and she heard a yawn come from him.

------------------------------------------

Icepath sighed. Wildpaw almost threw up, she could never kill her own father, she loved him too much. Straightening up he cleared his throat. " I do not know why, but what i do know is that he is dangerous and i advise you to stay away, and Wildpaw, if he provokes you do not start a fight, it dosent matter what the elders say i dont want you hurt" He mowed then padded away leaving the apprentices to dwell on the matter

Edited by Dewspirit

(sorry, Fallen Rain is my sister and we take it in turns on the laptop, she must have stayed on my account and edited my post by mistake, she does that sometimes, ill tell her)

(sorry for the misunderstanding people, ill be more careful next tine biggrin.gif)

Ryewhisker arched his back and stretched, his sister was still asleep. He got out of the nest and crouched facing her, wriggling his hindquarters he leapt on Duskfur and landed squarely on her head. " Rise an' shine sunshine, its hunting time" He laughed as he accidently kicked her face.

Rainpaw twitched his ears as he listened to their conversation. 'Yeah, right,' he thought, switching positions. 'Even if he did, that's pretty gutsy!' Rainpaw sighed and stretched. 'Who cares, anyway?' he thought. "What's up guys?" the grey apprentice asked, even if he knew what was going on. He felt oddly ignored by his peers.

"AGH!!!" Duskfur yelled as Ryewhisker jolted her out of her sleep. She pulled her head back immeaditly with a stunned look on her face. Then, she realized what had happened. "Ryewhisker you stupid tom! What's wrong with you?!" she hissed, angry for being woken in such a manner.

" What?" Ryewhisker smiled" Just having some good old fun with my favourite cat in the world!" He meowed in a sarcastic tone. " Come on lets hunt, I'm STARVING!" he exclaimed, He was really excited about moving to a new place and he wanted to start the nice sunny day hunting with his kin.

"Hmp!" She grumbled, and stretched her legs. "Fine, i'm hungry, too." Duskfur shook her pelt and playfully glared at her brother. She moved out of the shaded area and was very pleased to feel the sun on her fur.

Ryewhisker sprinted after her stretching his long legs and bouncing about. " remember when we used to be apprentices? We were allowed to just run and jump about without being frowned upon" He meowed, he was too energetic to act all serious. He had a sudden though and and laid a cocky smile on his sister. " wanna race, Bet i get to that Sycamore first!" He yowled and sped off before Duskfur could object

((I didn't know you were sisters. 0.o))

Olivewhisker stretched roughly, purring as the warm sun touched his fur. He spotted Duskfur and Ryewhisker racing. The heck? They were racing? His right ear flicked with amusement. Well, he hadn't seen Duskfur play with her brother in a long time. He sat down and watched them play, waiting to be noticed. He started to groom his fur, purring.

Jaypaw rolled onto her back. The ThunderClan she cat didn't know what to do. She heard Rainpaw, but she didn't bother to go up to him. I mean, he was a RiverClan tom! Why would she go to him? Her intense blue eyes went over to the other apprentices. maybe they would notice her?

Lionpaw shook Bluepaw from his mind, and padded out from under the overhang. He spotted Eaglestar and scrambled up the boulder to sit next to him. "Hiya dad," he mewed, giving the larger tom a playful shove. Cuffing his son over the ear, Eaglestar said, "Hello Lionpaw. Did you sleep well? We will be doing a lot of traveling today.' Lionpaw simply puffed out his chest and said, "I'm ready for anything!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Dapplefur awoke to find most of the other cats up and active. She let out a huge yawn and padded out from under the overhang. She scanned the area for Red. She spotted him talking to Stormheart. She padded over to them and mewed, "Hello Stormheart, greetings Red. Do you know when we will be leaving? I think it might be a good idea if we hunt beforehand so the kits and elders have the energy to keep up with us."

"Icepath just told us about Bluepaw" Wildpaw meowed to the gray tom, then she lowered her voice"He killed his own father, but we don't know why".

Palepaw raised her head. should i speak up? she was really scared. but shouldn't she stand up for her littermate? She shakily stood up, her pale pelt ruffled. She clenched her teeth and bravely steeped forward. "My brother didn't have a choice" she whispered so silent she half- hoped they didn't hear but Wildpaw turned her head.

"What!? But Palepaw your ThunderClan, how can he be your brother?" Wildpaw met Palepaws eyes confused. Palepaw sighed . She was really scared right now. " Because...because.. when Bluepaw killed Shadeclaw, i left the clan, i couldn't bare the whispers and the stares. And i dont even know why he did but it was for a good reason, i can feel it, and our leader must know because she kept him in the Clan".

"Hey Duskfur i think you have a stalker" Ryewhisker poked her pelt playfully and flicked his tail at Olivewhisker. The tom was watching them. " You know Duskfur, i don't think you wouldn't be able to have time for your duties as a mate" he mowed." And i think Olivewhisker is a perfect specimen" He nodded at the tom. He loved making his sibling feel uncomfortable. He laughed

"He killed his father because Shadeclaw was a fo- I mean, Shadeclaw was the worst sort of cat," Brighteyes said, stepping out from the shade of a rock she had been sleeping under. The incident had been a terrible one, back when she was still a deputy.

"Shadeclaw's mate had fallen in love with another tom. So Shadeclaw decided the best course of action would be to simply kill Echomist in cold blood," Brighteyes continued, her voice cold and hard. "I don't know what our old leader was thinking, I offered to kill the traitor myself... but when Bluepaw asked permission to seek and kill his mother's murderer, he was allowed to do so. The fact that it was his own father didn't seem to matter."

She sat on her haunches, observing the gathered apprentices to see how they would react. It was a horrible story, but she couldn't let them get the wrong idea. What Bluepaw had done was horrible (and she made a note to keep an eye on the apprentice, to ensure his strength would never turn to revenge like that again, but simply into a drive to do what was right), but far more justified than they seemed to think.

Edited by Dr. Paine

Palepaw cowered before the Leader, her eyes round with fear," Shadeclaw killed her?!" She fell silent, then sobs racked her body, yet somehow she had always known. "I think.... I think, because it was his right to do so, Bluepaw told me is was the hardest thing he ever did, mentally. We were both so close to our mother, and our father was cold-hearted. I know that Bluepaw Resented killing him, but he does not regret it." She managed to say.

Edited by Dewspirit

"No, he does not," Brighteyes said, looking at the young apprentice with some sympathy. The black cat leaned down and gently licked Palepaw on the top of her head, trying to provide some comfort to the young cat. She might have gone to join ThunderClan, but she was ShadowClan blood... and besides, she seemed heartbroken, it would take a cat of stone to not try comforting her.

"Your brother is a strong apprentice though, just the kind of cat we'll want in whatever new territories await," she said in a soft tone. "And you seem to have done well for yourself, too. It's terrible the circumstances had to be what they are, but at least all was not lost."

Palepaw cuddled up to The leader, letting comfort swarm her, the last time she had been this happy was when she was with her mother and Bluepaw. " Thank you" she whispered. But she knew she would never gain the confidence she once had. " Maybe one day, i will be ready to go back to ShadowClan, but in the meantime, ThunderClan is my Home."

Wildpaw stood shocked, she never realized that Palepaw had such an abusive history. She always knew that something must had traumatized her for her strangely scared behavior, but she could have never imagined something so emotional. Stripepaw padded towards the pale brown apprentice and gave her a lick on the head, and Wildpaw followed, together they made Palepaw feel much safer.

"I believe ThunderClan should remain your home," Brighteyes said softly. It was no insult- after all, even if the Clan could be a bit... ridiculous at times, they produced strong and loyal fighters, and had accepted Palepaw as one of their own.

With that, Brighteyes left the group of apprentices and padded along the rocky ledge, trying to find any sort of fresh scent. Her ears twitched when she caught one- a mouse, and it was nearby. She stopped, her breathing slow and even as she listened for the scrabbling of tiny claws on the stones, and after a few moments, Brighteyes pounced.

The little gray mouse squeaked and fled, and Brighteyes cursed under her breath. But it seemed the mouse was heading over towards where the rest of the cats were gathered... even if she lost out on a meal, someone else would probably get it, right?

"I agree with Dapplefur," said Stormheart as Red nodded. The handsome tom got up for his place and padded over to the ShadowClan leader. Since they were most experienced, Brighteyes and him could hunt the most along with Thornstar and Eaglestar. "Hey, Brighteyes," he dipped his head in respect to the ShadowClan leader before speaking again. "I was wondering if you would like to go hunting with me. You know, we should all get a full belly before we start walking again." he looked at her as he waited for an answer.

((Will post as Olive when Laura posts.))

"If you believe there is much of anything to hunt," Brighteyes said, her ears going flat against her head from the mild annoyance she was feeling at losing the mouse. She gave herself a slight shake and looked at Stormheart for a moment before speaking again.

"On the other paw, I did just find a mouse, there are very likely to be more nearby," she said, dipping her head to him. "I would be more than happy to join your hunt."

((Sorry, i was sleeping lol))

Duskfur turned and looked at Olivewhisker, and when she realized her brother was right, her cheeks reddened. "Shut up Ryewhisker!" She grumbled, but the blush didn't leave her face. Duskfur swatted him across the ear, and sped off, trying to scent prey and forget about what her brother told her. Nonsense! A handsom tom like Olivewhisker would never want to be with a snappy cat like her!

Rainpaw's eyes widened as he glanced at Bluepaw. Wow. He glanced at Palepaw and even though he didn't know her, he wanted to. They where all on this journey together, right? He went over to the sad looking apprentice and shuffled his feet awkwardly, not sure how to comfort her.

Russetfur yawned and stretched. He got up and shook his fur, scanning the clearing for Sorrelflight. He nudged Willowkit with his paw, but she still slept peacefully.

Dapplefur nodded and called over her shoulder, " Eaglestar! Come here, Stormheart is organising a hunting patrol! The golden brown tom immediatly got to his paws and leapt down from the boulder. "Hey, what about me!?!" Lionpaw mewed, scambling down next to his father. Eaglestar turned his amber gaze on his son and replied, "Go gather the other apprentices and help the medicine cats gather traveling herbs. We'll need them." "Okay!" Lionpaw replied, before racing off to find the others.

Olivewhisker twitched his whiskers when Ryewhisker said that Duskfur and him would make a great pair. He chuckled and shook his head, his pelt getting hot, but he shrugged it off. Oh, Duskfur. She was so spicy that he felt that she was a challenge. His ear swerved, sniffing at the ground softly. So Duskfur was so... Embarrassed. Maybe she liked him? He shrugged it off, crouching down to the ground and glancing around. Maybe there was a mouse or two around here that he could share with Duskfur.

"We'll find a place where there are more mice," Stormheart flicked his tail. The tabby tom shuffled his feet and looked around. Well, maybe there were more mice underneath that overhang. "Thanks for joining me, by the way," purred Stormheart as he prowled close to the overhang. There was a hole in the mountain side, which immediately caught his attention. His eyes narrowed. "Hey, Brighteyes," he wsved his tail to motion to the ShadowClan she cat. "I think that's where the mice are coming from."

Palepaw appreciated the support the other apprentices gave her" Thank you" She utterd. She hoped she didnt make Bluepaw come across as evil. She knew Bluepaw was kind-hearted, the incident just had a different affect on him. She went to wake her brother up" Hey Bluepaw i havent seen you in ages". Bluepaws ears pricked at the sound of a familiar voice.

"Palepaw!" He leapt at her and covered her ikn licks, he hadnt noticed his sister during the first day of the journey. He was so happy to see her, he was very lonely without any Kin in ShadowClan.

Edited by Dewspirit

Ryewhisker fliched " Hey!" he yowled and sped off after Duskfur. H esuddenly caught the scent of rabbit. H elicked his lips, the last time he had rabbit was when he was an apprentice, he dropped into the Shadowclan hunting crouch and followed his nose leading him to his prey.