LyricShadowcrow

What not to say to a Newbie

Cause the shop was sold out on antennae

Why do so many dragons have antlers if they're not deer?

Are you sure they're dragons? Sometime prey evolves to imitate the appearance of predators to avoid being eaten.

Why don't Lunar Heralds cycle through colors like Stratos and Spirit Wards?

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Because the colour-changing paint was too expensive

Why is this Staterae ignoring me?

You popped a party hat on its head and got the whole cave to sing 'Happy Birthday' on its birthday. Of course its not going to want to talk to you for a while. Its a very shy noodle!

How do I get my paws on a Vine dragon?

You don't. It gets its vines on you. 😬 

Why aren't the Avins and Wisterias fragrant like the past new releases? Isn't this the Yankee Candle dragon shop?

They were sold out on perfume after Valentines

Why is this Mistletoe dragon a different colour?

It fell in bleach water.

Why can't we have more wolfish looking dragons?

They'd eat the chickens.

Why did I find broccoli in my cave a few days ago?

Even carnivores need vegetables in their diet sometimes.

Which Xeno is the brown one?

Not the red one.

I had a mint with googly eyes last week. What happened to it?

It got over its Spring Fever.

Gold Dragons: Why, of course you should adore Golds. They’re positively perfect in every way. Can be persnickety at times.

Does this mean Mary Poppins was a Gold Dragon poacher? 😯

Yes, that's why market prices have gone up, up and away!

What's the best way to get a dino?

Attend the local political meetings.

Why do the Hellfire eggs stay in the same place when I refresh the AP?

Must be your magnetic personality keeping them there.

How do I find a CB staterae?

You need all your eggs slots empty then breed CB Celestials with CB Xenos of different types. It's important you don't abandon any eggs. Wait just short of an hour and a Wild Staterae will lay its egg in the Xeno egg pile. You'll know it's successful when all the eggs, but the Staterae's autoabandon.

Why are Antarean Dragons and Gold dragons really shiny as hatchlings in a world full of dragons that like to collect shiny things?

You know how cuckoos lay their eggs in other bird's nests to be raised by them? Well Gold and Antarean dragons take advantage of other dragons love of shiny things to get them to raise their hatchlings

How do Gemshard dragons know what day of the week it is?

They impersonate Equinox hatchlings on the the Equinoxes' Discord group.

*Equinoxes are extremely skilled at following dates and times based off the movement of the sun and the moons.*

How do I tell if an Undine egg will hatch out as green or yellow?

You can't, except if it has the letter g (for green) or y (for yellow) in its code.

How can I transfer the Festival of Eggs dragons to my scroll? I've found so many cool new eggs during the last few days and can't wait for them to hatch and grow.

On 4/19/2022 at 11:49 AM, Varislapsi said:

How can I transfer the Festival of Eggs dragons to my scroll? I've found so many cool new eggs during the last few days and can't wait for them to hatch and grow.

It's really complicated.

First you have to look up and memorize which spriters created which eggs and then take a written test to make sure you get them all right. You have to get 100% without cheating to pass. Then you have to attach a copy of your test to each "Festival of Eggs: Official Request for Hatching" form that you must fill out and send to each individual spriter that you would like to request to allow their eggs to hatch. If they approve it (within 6-8 weeks), they will send you an automated PM accepting your request and then begin artwork on the hatchling and adult sprites for the eggs that you requested. This will usually take the rest of the year to complete, although in some cases they've been known to delay until almost March or April of the following year, finishing up just before the next Festival of Eggs begins.

Once the entire sprite set is complete, you'll be notified and can follow the link in your confirmation PM. Make sure you have all three adult Guardian of Nature sprites (frozen hatchies won't work), and enter the secret password the spriters gave you on the hidden "Festival of Eggs Request" page. If it works, your GoNs will temporarily get a new BSA. Attempt "Special Summon" with all three, one right after another. If you're successful, you will get a notification that you can click on any of the eggs you requested from your Easter Basket and they will be teleported to your scroll. (If it fails, you might have a literal one in a million chance of getting a fourth GoN, but I don't know anyone who's actually accomplished this.) Your egg/scroll limits won't count for these special eggs, but if you don't watch them closely, they get sick and die very easily, and the corresponding eggs represented in your basket will become permanently broken eggshells.

Finally, you must have 1000 Red dragons for each egg that you wish to hatch. They'll remain as "frozen eggs" until they die (not even gaining view from hatcheries) unless you manually click "Incubate" 1000 times, so count it carefully. If you have 100+ more Ice dragons than Red dragons, however, they'll remain in Deep Freeze forever. Fortunately they won't die, but you will have to send an additional "Festival of Eggs: Official Request for Hatching" form again next year if you want to try again after your Reds outnumber your Ices.

And that's pretty much it. Once your eggs hatch, they will grow up as normal. However, they're all Unbreedable and will only show up underneath the eggs in your basket from that year, except on Easter day, when they'll be available to view until midnight at the very top of your scroll.

So now you know why most people don't bother with all of this and just leave their eggs in the basket as trophies, lol. But if you pull it off, this makes for the ultimate bragging rights on DC. ;)

Oh, I still have to ask a question, don't I? Okay. Why didn't I write this elaborate pile of nonsense earlier and try to pass it off as a great April Fool's prank? /missed opportunities

That's a You question. Not a dragon question 

Why does my Red-Tailed Wyrm hatchling have a rooster's head?

it's a dish made out of spam and dragon eggs

Why is this dragon chasing me?

You made an omelette out of dragon eggs.

Why can Cantors both fly and swim underwater?

They'll feed themselves. That's why the raffle encourages you to keep raising more dragons.

Why do some dragons have floofy tail plumes?