kewithegreat

Neglected Dragons

Well dragons aren't real

And it's against forum rules to talk about neglecteds in the open like this I believe

in my opinion they should have been a annoyance not a reward

They were meant to be a stigma of sorts, the mark of those who took sucky care of their dragons and only noticed them at literally the last possible moment. They weren't meant as a reward. But their rarity and the difficulty and patience involved in making them eventually made them prized and valuable.

All your suggestion would really do is make them common and easy to get, at which point they would indeed devalue sharply.

And it's against forum rules to talk about neglecteds in the open like this I believe

Discussion like this should be okay. Discussion about making Neglecteds is forbidden, but I don't believe discussion of Neglecteds themselves, including the morality of making them, is a problem. Also worth noting here is that the thread was started in 2012 - I believe it would be closed by now if it was an issue.

Discussion like this should be okay. Discussion about making Neglecteds is forbidden, but I don't believe discussion of Neglecteds themselves, including the morality of making them, is a problem. Also worth noting here is that the thread was started in 2012 - I believe it would be closed by now if it was an issue.

Alright, then it's okay

And yeah neglecteds shouldn't be changed to get super easily

They should take work but I do believe that it could be changed to be a little easier

And yeah neglecteds shouldn't be changed to get super easily

They should take work but I do believe that it could be changed to be a little easier

Believe it or not, the process for making them is actually fairly simple. It just requires a lot of patience, a lot of time, and the willingness to sacrifice a lot of scroll slots and get a lot of shells.

With that said, making them is fairly luck-based, and there are times (like now) when the luck is very bad and you can go weeks without a turn. But that'll shift eventually and NDs will get to the point of being semirare or even uncommon rather than ultrarare. They seem to have their own ratio of sorts, which fluctuates just like any other ratio.

Believe it or not, the process for making them is actually fairly simple. It just requires a lot of patience, a lot of time, and the willingness to sacrifice a lot of scroll slots and get a lot of shells.

With that said, making them is fairly luck-based, and there are times (like now) when the luck is very bad and you can go weeks without a turn. But that'll shift eventually and NDs will get to the point of being semirare or even uncommon rather than ultrarare. They seem to have their own ratio of sorts, which fluctuates just like any other ratio.

Really? I wasn't aware of that. That's really interesting to know.

As for morals, it's pixels. There is inbreeding, zombies, etc

Neglecting isnt hurting anyone as far as I know

This thread is fine smile.gif It is to discuss the morality of making neglecteds and as long as no one talks about how to get them then it is ok.

I have a huge problem with ND. That is, with getting them/trading them.

I am fine with just an idea of super rare and hard to get dragons, that need special treatment. I guess that few years ago I would propably feel a bit guilty wanting such dragon, but right now I treat DC as a nice way to spend some time. I don't get atached to pixels any more...that often.

Funny how ND or zombies seem to be a problem, but almost noone cares for abandoned unwanted eggs on AP.

And question, is discussing making ND still forbidden?

Edited by Imogen aen Corvo

Neglected dragons are a collection of pixels that gave been given a name and put on an online game.

Having said that,this is a game and you can play it anyway you want,you can decide that its wrong to make a neglected dragon,you can decide its fun and a nice challenge and great addition to your dragon collection.

You can choose to look at it anyway you want. TJ designed this game to be played anyway you want. Don't force your playing style on others.

I myself,i will be trying to get the ND once i have gotten everything else.that way i can use all my egg slots for the ND.I might end up with alot.png of broken eggs tongue.gif

And question, is discussing making ND still forbidden?

Publicly discussing ND-making is forbidden, yes.

I've been thinking about neglected dragons latley. I thought what do people think about neglected dragons and if they think its ok to hurt dragons just to get something rare. I mean a lot of dragons get hurt and die when people try for a neglected. Do you think its right to hurt dragons for a neglected?

No offense but pixels cannot get hurt. So I happily experiment. Considering that I rarely breed and I collect only rares from the biomes and CB hatchies from the AP, there's not a lot else to do otherwise.

The fact people think it's morally wrong to interact with pixels in a certain way is astounding and somewhat unnerving..

I deeply respect people who make NDs.

The patience and effort required in it...man.

I have 1 Neglected, and it is named after its creator tongue.gif

I personally think NDs are cool. However they have a really long tail ouo

Edited by Stellaluna22

I love neglecteds. n.n I think they look oddly adorable in their grotesque little way. They also seem to all be searching for an ear on my scroll.

Have You Seen My Ear

I Might Have Seen Your Ear

I Think He Has Your Ear

I Don't Have Your Ear

I know it means some eggs die, but some eggs die when I bite, too. Some eggs die when people forget to put them in hatcheries. Some eggs die when they get viewbombed. From an RP perspective, I would rather be a neglected dragon than a zombie. At least neglecteds keep their minds, even if they are bitter about their mistreatment. Plus zombies have all that decay. They must stink to high heaven. blink.gif

I have no issues with NDs. I have no issues with people playing with NDs. OOC that is.

ON my scroll, I'm not sure Natayah cares any way, but my GoNs do. They go around rescuing and destroying the "evil" people who "harm" GoNs. Since while, on a player base, we love them cuz they are rare and they are respected, the way they are created in an RP sense is very cruel. They are all about Nature and Balance and its an abuse of Nature, so they rescue and feed and defend NDs and destroy people who would "Abuse and create" them. I don't have a reason to attack them personally, thats just how my GoNs are.

But more than NDs, which is just an abuse, Vampires and Zombies are an evil corruption of nature and far worse. Yes I have vampires and zombies on my scroll. But only after much fighting with the GoNs and much reluctance to be IC about it, then finally I justified my OOC longing for just a few on the scroll because they are used for "observation" so my GoNs and their teams of Nature Defender Zealots are better informed on how to stop and destroy such defile-ments of Nature.

So the ND is just abusive Humans who need to be stopped and destroyed. The NDs themselves are guarded and protected and cared for. Its the Vampires, and much more so Zombies, that are the bigger issue. Again, entirely IC. I can't help it. Thats just what the First GoN I ever summoned told me with its code and I've been stuck with radical "guardians of natural balance" which to them, means anti-anything that seems out of balance or "unnatural". Undead is not natural. Vampires might have been once when they could "breed", now the fact they must "destroy" and "corrupt" a living embryo to reproduce puts them more on the bad side now.

So zombies and vampires are the far worse offenders. Its just which Elements you want to rank above other Elements or what you define as Nature and Non-Nature. It's all how you interpret the book vs what was written.

I wouldn't have "NDs to rescue and protect" if people didn't experiment and make them. I don't really want to hunt those people down, I would rather trade with them. My Pixel dragons feel a lot differently, but then again, they only have pixelated feelings and don't really count as much.... But I try to respect the storylines that have been setup in my world.

Edited by natayah

lots of people are bringing up vampires but i don't view them as bad for converting eggs

what if the vampire wants a baby of its own?

dose that poor undead collection of pixels have to do without?

its like surprise adoption.....im not a psychopath i swear!

please donate fresh eggs to vampires who want their own children

*insert sad looking vampire here* (*in the arms of the angel starts playing*)

how can you say no to that faaace?!

back to neglected actually i'm currently working on one (gonna get a CB gold for it) and i noticed the name neglected makes no sense in our context because they take WAY more care and work then regular ones you add to a hatchery and wait. they should be called deprived dragons instead xd.png

Actually, you'd think neglecteds are made by neglecting...but alot.png of time and effort and careful planning goes into making one xd.png

I like NDs since they are fun to make and are good for collection and scroll completion purposes, and since this is just a game, why not have something that is challenging and rewarding? It is fun after all ^^

Of course i would never do anything like it in real life though, ever.

-Ra

This. I agree! They're not sentient beings, they're just pixels on the screens. I would never neglect a bird egg, but these aren't real. But that's just my opinion.

I've got no problem with it, though I have not tried for any neglected experiments in a long time. Having dead eggs on your scroll makes you look like a bad owner, which is something I would like to avoid. Especially because I am still perpetually stuck trying to complete my collection of all the normal dragons.

I have no problem with it, and would very much like a ND of my own. It's kind of interesting how something originally intended(?) to punish bad owners has gained such a following and rarity of its own. Personally I find it kind of... strange that people get so attached to pixels on a computer, though I understand it at the same time, and basically have no qualms about 'abusing' my dragons to get a rare one, though I mostly try to keep my pets alive. I'd rather have a live dragon contributing to my overall scroll size than a dead egg taking up a slot.

Perhaps they used to be more common or easier to obtain, otherwise that intended effect seems pointless. If anyone doesn't care for an egg it is unlikely that bad owners will be able to achieve the uh...currently agreed upon methods to ensuring neglected dragons.

Somewhere we could trace the creation of neglected dragons to something in real life, where the time spent "creating" a neglected dragon ends up killing something in real life, like some spin on the butterfly effect.... You know, the ol'"the extra 2 seconds you spend doing this meant an event completely changed down the line, changing other events, etc. etc.

Edited by Ashywolf

It's just an image. I actually like these and Zombies a lot.

But, think about it. If dragons are super sentient, comparable if not more so than humans, then obviously there will be controversial dragons such as these.

After all; Who's to say all dragon owners are super caring, kind hearted individuals anyways?

It´s just pixels. I don´t understand why some people make such a fuss about it. blink.gif

So, yes to zombies, NDs ...and vampires...

While it's just pixels or whatever, I still don't feel good about them. It's not the pixels that I don't like, it's the concept. When I read their descriptions I felt a bit sick picturing a dragon that was neglected by its owner but needs to stay with them because they can't survive on their own (which is also because of the owner).

I just don't like it. I don't mind if other people like them and collect them, but I just can't handle thinking about it for personal reasons.

Eh, I love the game, but it is just pixels. And a game. So even though I have not been able to make MYSELF neglect a dragon (or let them die trying), I do not have a problem with others doing so. That being said, it does upset me if I see someone pick up one of my dragons' offspring for an "experiment". If they breed their own or use a CB, doesn't bother me at all. Even so, I couldn't really say anything if an offspring was used. Once it's off our scroll... Although if it was a gift, I would be mad if it wasn't mentioned before I gave the gift.

They're just pixels to me so I don't care what people do to them.

I've tried experimenting and failed a bunch so I'll have to eventually trade for them.

I love biting dragons though. It's exciting to take the risk.

I also very rarely breed dragons and I bite dragons whose blood I don't want in the AP pool. I also like the vampire sprite a lot so yeh.