kewithegreat

Neglected Dragons

I have no problem - biting, neglecting, inbreeding or killing pixel dragons. They are just sprites after all.

Well, pixels are pixels. No matter how much I sympathize with them, I'd truly love to have a Neglected of my own.

I hate going with the majority, but they're right. I don't personally want an ND for my own (I don't like the sprite), but I'd try to produce them so I could trade them for things I couldn't normally catch.

*waves at scroll* I've got no problem with NDs (or Zombies and Vamps, either). There's a huge difference between engineering a set of conditions in a game so that bunch of pixels X undergoes a state change to become bunch of pixels Y, and actually neglecting a living, breathing animal. We have several pets here (a dog, a cat and two long-haired guinea pigs), and they definitely come first! tongue.gif

"I neglect with love" is one of my DC mottos, I'd say~ xd.png

Yup, I'm perfectly fine with ND-experimenting. Same goes with biting, zombifying and the like, actually, and I have some Vamps and Zombies of my own. Personally I wouldn't use the kill action on a dragon for nothing (without a purpose like making a Zombie or something), though, but at the same time it doesn't bother me when other people do it, with rare exceptions.

Edited by ZzelaBusya

I neglect with love - and never succeed. But the LOVE in there.... they get better care and attention than the ones that grow up normally, I'm telling you !

DO WANT ONE....

So I'm the only one who does it out of heartlessness and spite?

But seriously, I don't get why we just don't act like someone else neglected the dragon and we saved it once they hatch. I mean, it was in the egg being ignored. How would it know? That way we'd have the ND but it wouldn't have to be angry or try to eat us.

*wants to have cake and eat it , too* tongue.gif

*waves at scroll* I've got no problem with NDs (or Zombies and Vamps, either).  There's a huge difference between engineering a set of conditions in a game so that bunch of pixels X undergoes a state change to become bunch of pixels Y, and actually neglecting a living, breathing animal.  We have several pets here (a dog, a cat and two long-haired guinea pigs), and they definitely come first!  tongue.gif

^ This.

I do a lot of animal rescue stuff in RL, but I have no problem with neglecting these dragons. They're pixels, and part of a challenge to get a rare dragon. Totally doesn't concern me. (I wantssss one, precioussss.....) wink.gif

Hmm good question. I actually love my neglecteds far more than my other dragons xd.png I frequently look at their pages and all of my NDs have descriptions. Most of my other dragons I just name and scoot to their place in my scroll and then never think of them again. But I treasure my NDs. I wouldn't treat a living creature the way I treat my experiments of course, that would be cruel, but this is just a game so I don't have any problem 'abusing' pixels. I hate trading my NDs actually!

Ok, think of this, what if these dragons were really real, would you still neglect your dragon just to get something rare?

...I kill dragons in fantasy games (like Sacred: Gold - charging one with a poisoned weapon equals deathly doom for the beast). So no, I don't think I'd have a problem with it.

If dragons were real, I don't think I'd trust them at all. They're massive carnivores and like any animal, they could turn hostile and bite your head off in a second. Remember that one guy who tamed a bear and the "tame" bear then killed him? Yeah. Dragons would be the exact same.

PS. I would never be able to neglect real life animals, though. I have a cat and my whole family pampers him since he deserves it (his original owner was a scary breeder lady with 20 cats, three dogs, a horse, husband and five kids - it's no wonder the cat was terrified of being touched. Now he's a lot better, he even headbutts me all over the place.).

It seems like everyone here knows what they're talking about and tried to get a neglected dragon once or twice.

Personally I've been trying too but I keep failing! ^^;

Can anyone here message me and give me some tips? any are fine!

And is it really harder to raise them? What do you have to do?

(I'm sorry if this shouldn't be here, if it shouldn't please tell me so I can post it somewhere else.)

I'm fine with neglecting pixels. I really would like to have a ND, but I've never really tried for one. All of my halfhearted attempts hatched normally so I haven't actually killed an egg in an experiment, yet xd.png

As others said, I'd never neglect an animal in RL. But here I don't care what happens to the dragons I abandon and I've got nothing against things like zombifying, biting or freezing my dragons which don't have to be liked by others^^

I flubbed an ND exp the other day because I was busy feeding my RL pets! xd.png (Didn't help that I thought the ToD was an hour later than it actually was.)

@Amazon Happens to the best of us. ;P

Also to the topic.. Yes I am perfectly fine with Neglecting pixels. ^.~ However... if you consider the tough amount of time and care an egg actually NEEDS before you start the exp.. and then during the exp time - not sure that really counts as not paying the eggling/dragon enough attention. laugh.gif

Plus the number of nerves and adrenalin and sweat that are used up in the process. And never forget the joy when the colour suddenly changes. *^-^* My 'regular' dragons never get that much of attention tbh. :3

I Love my Neglecteds! smile.gif

They are proudly positioned on the 1st page of my scroll, right under my eggs & growing hatchies. They are named:

Beloved Neglected

Adored Neglected

Cherished Neglected

Treasured Neglected

Nurtured Neglected

I originally tried to make my own, with no luck. So I traded CB golds to get them.

I'm trying for a neggie at the moment... I personally don't think it's cruel to try it with pixels. If they were real, I would absolutely refuse to try it, but they aren't real.

I admit, though... The 'kill' action... Used it a couple of times to get zombies. Now, I want more hatchie zombies... But the message you get... I may be far too attached to those things, but I don't wanna kill another one- *flails*

You know you can just let hatchies run out of time and die in the two weeks before, then revive them at Halloween, right? So you can have lots of attempts at zombie hatchies without having to kill them and see the message (or just save up your kills for those pesky adults....)

I feel the game has many different ways to play and by using your imagination and adding your own pizzazz it can become anything.

So with that said, some players like to add there own life moral code and treat it as a real life moment. Others play only to obtain the rarest, by any means necessary. Then there are the ones where its just carefree laid back fun.

Play it how you want. I don't like killing my dragons and I don't like seeing dead eggs but I do try to get Neglecteds of my own. Why? Because its a challenge and it takes time and planning. Obtaining a neglected is no walk in the park and it could take months and months to only obtain one yourself.I don't like seeing my dragons die if I fail, and I try to save them if I can but sometimes its just too late.

Anyways, long story short. I like Neglected Dragons and I would label them as my favorite. They are challenge and fun to try to obtain. I do love my other dragons as well and I hate to see them die but in the end when the sun goes down and I lay in my bed at night I might go "Ah, I hated to let that dragon die, I wish I could have saved it." but I'm not going to think anything further because it was a pixel but I will miss it a little bit.

I really love my NDs, especially the one I made myself~ I still need an adult male to complete my collection, and I'm trying to make one out of a special lineage.

I've been thinking about neglected dragons latley. I thought what do people think about neglected dragons and if they think its ok to hurt dragons just to get something rare. I mean a lot of dragons get hurt and die when people try for a neglected. Do you think its right to hurt dragons for a neglected?

They are just Pixels.

I don't mind NDing smile.gif

I don't see a problem with making NDs, how is it any different than biting eggs to get Vamps or deliberately killing (either with the 'Kill' action or letting hatchlings run out of time) to get Zombies?

Now that isn't to say that I see my dragons as 'just pixels', I do get attached to them (probably more than I should. XD), but I still bite eggs occasionally and do have a Zombie. I like to think it adds a story to my cave other than just "Collect all the dragons and everything's sunshine and rainbows!" Really, the main reason I don't have a ND yet is because I know it'd be hard to resist the temptation to scrap a potential experiment halfway through rather than let it do its thing.

i dont love or hate ND's. i think its interesting and i've tried my hand at them, and the thrill of seeing a success (or getting a success and having it die anyways) is like catch a CB metal in the cave (or missing a CB Metal by that much)

i'm not going to go out of my way to collect them, but i will attempt a few to trade/gift them happy.gif

my hubby OTOH, now that he's tried it, prefers to ND rather than raise. says its much easier catching and fogging and having to worry about the egg for 5-10 minutes rather than going through the process of raising the eggs and watching them and such.

if dragons where real and we actually raised eggs i would be VERY concerned about zombies and neglected because not only would that be abuse of a living creature but it would be abuse and murder of a SENTIENT being

BUT they aren't real so its no big deal

they after all are just pictures

i want a ND but only to trade it for a CB gold or something i wouldn't want to keep it because they are unbreedable so if they where a common 4 days or less thing (like they should have been) then i wouldn't give a second thought to them

(you can keep scrolling if you don't wanna hear what i think they should have been and you probably don't so bye)

in my opinion they should have been a annoyance not a reward

like if you leave a egg un-viewed until its down to below 4 days then there should be a chance that it will hatch neglected

and make it unable to be set free or killed or traded unless special requirements are met like curing it through a complex method like do something every day for a month and it gets cured but forget a day and it fails

"you use healing magic and try to make amends for your past neglect"

worked (you did not forget to do it even for a day)

"through a lot of healing magic and attempting to bond with the dragon and make up for your actions the dragons is showing signs of healing and is looking much healthier and seems to have forgiven you" (dawww)

failed (you forgot to do it every day)

"the healing magic dose nothing and your dragon resents you just as much as before"

well thanks for listening to my rambling

I often go into intricate thoughts about what i think should have been instead. Overall I don't think they should have been a reward, I think they should have been something to avoid and I know this sounds kinda like a suggestion but when you criticize something its good to give a solution to your problem with it rather then going "DIS IZ BAD >:(" and bashing it with no ideas on what could be done to better it

so i gave my full thoughts sorry in advance.

have a nice day