kewithegreat

Neglected Dragons

just pixels to me as well. i don't care about killing/vamping/neglecting/zombifying...it's all a part of the game and that's how i play. i understand some people like to play the game as if the dragons are 'real', and that's fine too. there's so many ways to play DC...that's what makes it great.

i believe neglecteds are fun and challenging. it's funny how they were supposed to be what happens when you mistreat eggs, but they require a lot of planning and timing and such. so it's kind of the opposite.

Another way to look at it is this:

TJ is GOD!! If "GOD" says ok to make ND, then it is good. He punishes the mistreatment of eggs by 24 hour scroll-locking, and month-long shameful imaage displays of such on your scroll.

But "GOD" says it is ok to make ND's, and Inbreed. Therefore, it is good and just.

(giggle fit). laugh.giftongue.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

I think people should play any way they want to as long as it's within the rules. If you like Neglecteds, etc., try for them, and if you feel bad about "mistreating" a pixel pet, then don't.

I don't think there's anything wrong with whatever people want to do. I've avoided trying for zombies because I don't like the sad text you get, but I'll bite eggs and make vampires because you don't get a sad text message.

Nope. Not in the least. Maybe it was all those vampires that I've been collecting in creating my army and the number of "kills" they racked up but, to me anyway, a pixel is a pixel not a pet that will be harmed or hurt by experimentation, zombification or a vampire bite gone wrong. Everyone plays the game differently and we all have to respect each others ways of playing the game and enjoy ourselves.

Edited by Misha

I think the Neglected sprite is beautiful, and after all it is just a game. (No dragons were harmed during the making of this Neglected. *snicker*)

Another way to look at it is this:

TJ is GOD!! If "GOD" says ok to make ND, then it is good. He punishes the mistreatment of eggs by 24 hour scroll-locking, and month-long shameful imaage displays of such on your scroll.

But "GOD" says it is ok to make ND's, and Inbreed. Therefore, it is good and just.

(giggle fit). laugh.giftongue.gif

This made me laugh. xd.png

Hey, look! Life lesson/Family Unfriendly Aesop! Experiment because you can. Also, market value. Have you seen the market value on those things?! Who cares what morals say, they sell! cool.gif

... how else are people with crap connectiong supposed to get CB silvers?

Pretty sprites, lovely market price, plenty of fun making them, no ban if we kill trillions of eggs trying to get them..*shrug* what's the downside? I've got almost all other rare type of dragon (except for two gold hatchlings for freezing, but I'm patient), so I don't need to use the gifting threads nearly quite as often as I used to when I was a newbie. I experiment with my own bred dragons or cbs anyway, so people won't get their feelings hurt when I kill their offspring.

Ok, think of this, what if these dragons were really real, would you still neglect your dragon just to get something rare?

I will freeze/kill if I must -- I don't have any problems with it.

I understand that, but wouldn't that suck if it were you?

Please don't double/triple post. Use the edit button and edit your posts.

I worry more about actual living beings that can suffer and not about some pixels who don't care about being neglected, killed, stuffed or otherwise treated ...

Neglecteds are probably more "loved" and "valued" than some of the dragons on your scroll. Look at what they're worth.

I know that its just a game but, if you were a dragon would you like to become a neglected?

Why not?

Ok, think of this, what if these dragons were really real, would you still neglect your dragon just to get something rare?

They aren't real and I'm not a dragonkeeper using magic. You are building assumptions on something that can't really happen, so....I don't quite see where you are getting at. The beauty of this game stems from the fact that they're not real. How else would you feed an egg with "clicks"? tongue.gif My very old damagotchie has a more realistic system, if you want to get into it, then dc, as you have to feed them and get rid of their poop.

Edited by ylangylang

Neglecteds are probably more "loved" and "valued" than some of the dragons on your scroll. Look at what they're worth.

This. For many people, experimenting is a fun thing to do and it isn't really wrong because at the end of the day, it is a egg made of pixels and it's not going to hurt anyone else by neglecting them. I understand that a lot of people don't like it though, I didn't like it myself for a while, but I really don't see the harm in it.

Although I'm a huge Silver dragon lover, I also love Neglecteds because it really does take hard work to get them, and normally a lot of failure before hand.

I believe that if they are in the game and obtainable, then why not neglect a egg and try to get one?

Although I'm a huge Silver dragon lover, I also love Neglecteds because it really does take hard work to get them, and normally a lot of failure before hand.

Tell me about it *rollseyes* So many tries...EGG...Y U NO TURN?

They do take work and careful planning. The majority of deaths I have experienced have been the result of site lag, and is so heart-breaking. Almost all hatched normal while I've been learning the limits for their creation, and live normal lives. The NDs who remain on my scroll all have stories about their struggles and are very much loved.

yup it is a lot of planning

and most hatch normal but when the site lags just the tiniest that is when death occurs sad.gif

I do not mind them and like experimenting myself

after hitting 1500 dragons, what was left to do?

other than bump my goal to 2000 tongue.gif

Some of the arguments are scary.

Guys, playing Assassin's Creed doesn't mean you're going to go about killing people.

Playing Oblivion or Skyrim and being in the thieves' guild doesn't mean you're going to go in a robbing spree in real life.

Neglecting dragons doesn't make people animal abusers.

There is a clear line between RL and fiction. Many of my favorite characters in books and such are dark, dangerous people. In RL I'd rook for a hero any time, and spit on criminals, but reading books, I find heroes to be enormously cliché and boring.

The same, I volunteer at animal shelters. I give my dogs the best food, cares and all I can to have them healthy and happy. I read a lot about ethology to understand them better and suffer when I'm too late to save a dog, when I couldn't catch that particularly frightened stray or when the pound kills the boy I was trying to find a home for.

This should give you and idea of the type of person I am.

Yet, I've abandoned eggs in game and killed dragons to doctor lineages. Something I'd never do in RL.

Acting a certain way in a game doesn't mean you're going to act that way in RL. It just means the game allows you certain acts, and you do them because it's a game, a way to free yourself from RL, relax and enjoy. Nothing else.

My view is that it's never my business how anyone else plays the game. My dragons are mine to play with; everyone else's are theirs and they can do what they like. Personally, I would love to try for a Neglected, but I'm not patient and crafty enough, so the only chance I'd have for one is to catch something valuable as a trade offer for one. tongue.gif

hurt dragons

Hmm, well, if I could actually hear them screaming in agony, and see the tortured looks on their faces and see them writhing in unspeakable pain, I might think twice. But otherwise, I see nothing wrong with it at all. xd.png

Neglecting dragons doesn't make people animal abusers.

No doubt! Fantasy vs. Reality...big difference.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I'm not totally against getting neglected dragons, but I'm not all the way with it.

But then how do you deal with the other cruel things that the game entails, like trading your dragons' children away, or leaving them outside of a cave to die, or giving those vulnerable little eggs to vampires?

Its only a game so i don't mind trying to collect them, sure if it was a real life situation i'd be totally against it but its not. The neglected sprite is actually one of my favourites but i've still yet to successfully hatch a turned egg but i'll keep trying