Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

((You get this one for free, but the next two orbs are mine o3o

Your warriors need to see just what they are up against.))

((All right. *looks at Delucins warriors* You'll fight for the orbs anyway, okay? Make those darkness dudes work for it. We are not going to gift the orbs to them.))

((Zattcchhhh, oooohhh Zaaattcchh!

Chief, where are youuuu?

Natalya: Sometimes a truce must be called between enemies for a short while. It might give you a chance to find the others weakness but then you must be sure that it is just your side that does the finding.

Adriana: Will you two act your age!

o3o

Oooh goody, Natalya gets to find out that she should carry a weapon.))

Adriana walked through the temple remembering the way they had come in from earlier. They passed the gaurds and the woman stopped. Both men were quivering, Adriana scowled and made them go into a deeper sleep to insure they didn't wake up until Est had a chance to deal with them.

Adriana got back to her sports car and climbed into the drivers side. Only when both had buckled themselves in and the car had been started up did she answer.

"If we move quick enouh, tomorrow. If not, in a day or two." she reached into her pocket and took out a cell phone. Adriana was about to dial a number when she realized Vayne might murder the phone if he had no clue what it was. The woman held up the device at show Vayne.

"This thing is called a phone. It allows me to contact people that are some distance away. I'm going to need to make some calls in ordr to find a buyer and anoter to get the materials we need..." she dialed a number and spoke a few words then hung up."

"If it makes a noise, do me a favor and press that button-" she pointed to the answer button "-then set it down right there." she said pointing to where the consol enabled her to plug the device. She shifted the car into gear and pulled out of the parking lot.

((Have the phone ring if you wish. o3o))

((If Shric or DL do not post soon, I will delete them for inactivity.

We don't have many spaces at the moment, so I want to give them to people who can post regulary. Sorry guys.

*lets Vayne out of the cupboard*))

"You can talk to people from a distance?"

Vayne was amazed and watched Adriana make her 'phone call' in awe. He was exhilarated when he faintly heard another voice appear from out of the phone. Obviously they were faint because they were so far away, but such a device was incredible. You could talk to anyone anywhere.

"You have truely come a long way" he told her when the call ended. "To be able to so such things without magic just proves how advanced you have become."

When Adrinana said that the phone might make a noise he leaned closer to it and stared at the phone out of pure fascination. After a few minutes it did indeed make a noise, some kind of demented bell chime and Vayne eagerly did as Adriana had instructed, pressing the button and placing the phone where she had pointed.

"Now what?" he asked her.

((I think at some point someone might want to introduce Vayne to a computer. It'll blow his mind o3o))

((Delucin: Acting our age? And what does that mean for me? Eight or a very, very bored several thousands? *pokes tounge out at Vayne*))

((Vanye: *Tries to cut tongue off but is dragged away by Fortune*

Geez I thought Zygard was bad enough.))

((Why do I suddenly feel like a mother? xd.png))

Adriana looked at at Vayne with amusement she he answered the phone.

"Quiet for a moment...please." she added the last word so as not to make it sound as if she thought he was beneath her. She reached over and pushed a button setting the phone on speaker.

"Talk, Barry." she spoke clearly.

"Now about my fee..." Adriana cut him off.

"You will get 5% more then usual."

"Peircce, come on. That was short notice. Make it 10 and you have a deal." Adriana scowled.

"8, no more. You're already getting plenty. And before you ask, I'll pay you tomorrow..." she said in a tone that did not invite arguments.

"Okay, okay." The voice on the other end gave her an address. Adriana hung up on him without another word as was expected.

When they arrived at an old pawn shop, Adriana went in quickly asking Vayne to stay there. She came out a moment later and climbed in. Now she programmed the address the man game her and set off. Upon arrival she got out of the car again asking for Vayne to stay there. She disappeared then moments later was climbing in the car again with a briefcase.

"The materials we will need. Useful these new abilties are, the man will find tonight fuzzy when he wakes up..." she stored the brief case in the back then drove for her appartment.

When they arrived, Adriana climbed out and walked up to her apartment. She unlocked the door then entered and put the code into her alarm system. She beckoned for Vayne to follow.

The apartment had four rooms, a bedroom, a open kitchen/living room, and the bathroom. The living room was plainly decorated with one single couch in front of a tv and a table to eat at in the kitchen. On the far right wall, was a desk and some cabinets. She walked over to the fridge and pulled out a carton of orange juice. Pooring herself some she called out to Vayne.

"Sit down. Make yourself comfortable. I need to find my camera...you want anything to drink?"

((Sorry, trying to hurry that along. I can edit if you wish.))

((No, no, the post is perfect smile.gif))

Vayne watched Adriana's comings and goings with a mixture of amusement and confusion. She seemed to have settled into the role of a warrior fairly quickly. He had chosen well.

During their journey Adriana again displayed more of modern man's achievements. At one point she made some kind of map appear on a small rectangular device. Maps that you could summon at will? And then moved along wth you? Ingenious.

Vayne followed Adriana into her home and looked around. The furniture was something else that had changed a lot in the past few thousand years.

"What was that beeping thing when we entered?" asked Vayne inspecting a large black box sitting in a prominant position in the room.

Adriana put orange juice away and she drained her glass. 

"It's a device that keeps wannabe theives away. If it's on and you open my door, you have a very limited amount of time to type the passcode in. If you don't, a very load noise will sound off telling everyone that someone is trying to break in." she explained. 

The woman walked over to the desk. With the briefcase in hand, she unlocked the cover of the desk and rolled it upwards. She set the case down and opened it up. Adriana sat down and started working on the documents. Absentmindedly she spoke up. 

"The thing you're looking at is a tv. If you turn it on, a programm will come on. Usually, they will show a tv series and sometimes a movie. They aren't real so please don't destroy anything." she stood up and walked over to the couch. Picking up the control she pointed to a few buttons, explaining how to change the sound, channels, how to turn it on as well as off, and such. The woman tossed him the remote then walked into her bedroom. Therein lay a simple bed, a dresser, and a couple of locked cupboards. She walked over to the drawer and took out a special camera as well as her laptop. ((o3o)) The woman walked out and back over to her table that stood in the kitchen. 

With a sigh, she took off her long overcoat which revealed a short black sleeveless dress underneath that stopped just above the knees. She took off her black boots and pinned up her hair.

Adriana had been planning to go out clubbing that night but obviously plans had changed. 

"Vayne." she called out his name and gestured for him to come over.       

{{I'm just waiting until something happens that would involve Rhia, since she isn't a warrior yet. Sorry if it seems I've been inactive.}}

((Hopefully Vayne will bump into her again when he is able to start school. The same for Riley I believe.))

A device that alerted people to the presence of thieves? That was truely ingenious. Before Vayne's imprisonment theft had been a major issue. People were always stealing from each other and taking food, weapons and women. If humans still faced these problems today then a way of detected when a thief was about must be invaluable.

However all of this was pushed out of his mind when Adriana showed him the TV. The formerly black bow turned into some kind of window and displayed several men running around after a ball, watched by a crowed of possibly thousands. Another press of the remote control showed some kind of drawing moving around as though it had a life of its own. Adrianna explained that these were called programs and movies and that they were not real. Some kind of device that induced hallucinations that could be viewed safely? Perhaps it was for some kind of spirtual purpose? Vayne knew that men used to take potions to try and glimpse the future or speak with the deceased. When the channel changed again Vayne poked the man reading off some paper, but he made no response. It must only be a one way thing.

Adriana addressed him again and he grudingling moved away from the TV and walked over to her.

"Yes?"

((Adriana likes the potential she has seen in Rhia. If Vayne is busy, Adriana will be watching. smile.gif))

Adriana started up her computer and plugged in a printer. The woman walked over to the nearest wall and put up a grayish backdrop. 

"I need to take your picture so that I can finish up these documents." she steped back to her computer. Picking up the camera she gestured for him to stand infront of the backdrop. 

"This thing copies an image and then it will load onto that computer and print out the picture of you." 

To demonstrate she turned and took a picture of the tv. A flash and a minutes later Adriana held up a picture of the tv. 

"Nothing to it. It won't hurt or damage you. Just keep a straight face and don't look to closely as the light." she told him.

Adriana took a couple photos. She took one and handed it to Vayne to look at while she went Went back to the documents.

((Computer is on zee table. tongue.gif))

((i would like to remind fortune that i said i would be inactive because my internet is screwed up royally. the only reason i am online right now is cause i am round a friends. i now have no internet at home and am uncertain when i will get it back. however i do have college so i can get online there and post a few days a week thankfully. just tell me how you want me to reappear and i'll be back posting))

When Jordan still hadn't come out of the kitchen, Natalya glanced nervously at Faye. It was getting late...

"Jordan, did you perhaps write the passcode down somewhere?" she asked calmly while scanning the room for any signs of something that could help. Seeing nothing she stuffed her hands into her pockets and stood behind Faye.

Natalya looked at Faye, wondering what they should do if Jordan refused. In a low voice that Jordan wouldn't be able to hear from the kitchen, she asked a question.

"If I were to heal him, do you think it would help clear his mind?" her question wasn't completely aimed at Faye. She just hoped Delucin might be listening...

If by chance he was and he chose to answer, she also hoped that he wouldn't shout in their heads again.

((rolleyes.gif))

((That's fine Shric and feel free to pop in at any time. Just keep dropping reminders that you exist okay?))

Vayne's jaw actually dropped a little when Adriana showed him the next device. Something that could draw pictures of unbelieveable quality in just a few seconds. He was so bust studying the picture of the TV she had taken and comparing it to the real thing across the room that he was almost not ready when she took his own picture. Thankfully he looked up in time for her to get a decent shot of his face and when his pictures were handed to him he grabbed at it greedily.

His first reaction was one of awe. How could such a little box draw so well? As he studied the picture though his mood darkened and he threw the picture down in disgust.

"I dislike this form I have been trapped in. How much longer must I wait before I can resume my search for the orb?"

((In reality, it would probably take a little longer, but for the sake of time I will hurry it up. tongue.gif))

Adriana looked at Vayne questioningly.

"You dislike being young?" she asked then turned back to the documents.

"Not too long... You can't go to the school until tomorrow so you will have to wait a little while still."

A little while later Adriana held the documents up and compared them. She nodded with approval then set them down on the desk.

The woman stood up and walked over to the table where the laptop sat. Plugging in the scanner, she started to send Vayne's application electronically.

"Right....I don't suppose you have a middle name...?"

"It is not my natural form" explained Vayne. "I am barely a man."

When Adriana explained that he would not be able to start his search until the next day he hissed in anger and disgust. Every minute was precious. What if the brat learned of the orb as well? He may try to snatch it away from him.

Adriana continued working on his documents and he watched her with half hearted interested. When she asked if he had a middle name he just shrugged.

"I have had many names. People call me whatever they desire."

((He's not going to be happy when he learns that in this day and age, he's considered a child o3o))

((He's not going to be happy when he learns that in this day and age, he's considered a child o3o))

((Adriana: Oohh Fayyyyee, Syyytth!! Could you be a dear and tell this new student something for me? o3o))

Adriana put the first name down that came to mind, Damien, her brother's name...oddly she felt no sorrow at the thought of the name. It was a name, nothing more.

Adriana looked at the boy that was Vayne. When the woman had first seen the avatar, she'd seen him for what he had looked like. A boy, the everyday adverage teen, but as she had been by his side for the past hour or so, she had seen something very different. From the way he acted to the way he talked and even walked, she had seen anything but a boy and she'd adapted accordingly.

"Indeed." she said and glanced at the clock. It was late and she felt tired. His documents and application had been sent. Adriana had called in a few favors so that he could be admitted much sooner then the norm. Now she just needed to wait...

"Tell me, how did you get trapped?"she asked curiously as she stood and walked to the kitchen leaving the laptop to sit on the table.

((Where is Jordan?! For that matter, where are Faye and Delucin? D= Natalya asked a question...))

When Jordan still hadn't come out of the kitchen, Natalya glanced nervously at Faye. It was getting late...

"Jordan, did you perhaps write the passcode down somewhere?" she asked calmly while scanning the room for any signs of something that could help. Seeing nothing she stuffed her hands into her pockets and stood behind Faye.

Natalya looked at Faye, wondering what they should do if Jordan refused. In a low voice that Jordan wouldn't be able to hear from the kitchen, she asked a question.

"If I were to heal him, do you think it would help clear his mind?" her question wasn't completely aimed at Faye. She just hoped Delucin might be listening...

If by chance he was and he chose to answer, she also hoped that he wouldn't shout in their heads again.

((rolleyes.gif))

ON:

In an equally-soft tone Faye turned to face Natalya. "I'm not sure," she said, her lips barely seeming to move as she spoke. "I'm not sure how the healing works, and don't know if being drunk even counts as something that can be healed." She paused. "And I'm not entirely sure I want to flood Jordan with a shaft of Light and have to explain what happened."

OFF

- Post by Faye

Zatch watched as his new leader and some other person he hadn't met yet, drive off.

"Great, so someone ELSE found the damned thing and now they'll be recruited, and probably promoted. I HATE this god damned world!" Zatch started off grumbling, but his last sentence came out as a yell. He noticed his mistake almost immediately and decided it'd probably be best to get out of the area. He jumped down from the school, when he landed, he left a small crater in the sidewalk. "Heh, nice..." He grinned evily. This new power is really taking to me nicely... Oh well, best get back to base I guess. If one of the excavation team happens by and doesn't see me at work, I'll be in big trouble... At that, he started running back. His new strength also seemed to effect his speed and endurance. He could certainly run faster now, and for a lot longer than before. The fact that he was wearing armour didn't even dawn on him until halfway back to the temple.

((I apologize, inactivity is a bit of a problem here due to school. My schedule is a little more filled than I had expected it to be...))

((I'm just glad you posted. I was getting ready to delete you.))

"I was sealed away" replied Vayne, still disgruntled. "The war between the brat and myself escalated too greatly. The Powers That Be took action and built the Temples round us where we stood, trapping us inside."

He walked over to the window and looked outside. Daylight was already crawling across the ground, illuminating everything in its wake.

"I will return to the Temple for now. I need to keep an eye on the orb and make sure it is not wrested away before I can get to it."

Adriana processed the information.... So this 'brat' and him were after these orbs. This could get interesting...

The woman looked up then stood.

"Alright. What do you want me to do?" she asked curiously as she placed the documents way somewhere.

"Finish whatever it is you need to do to get me into this school."

He hesitated and thought for a moment.

"You have ways of quickly obtaining information. Find me what you can about the Temple of Dawn. I want to know everything possible, from how many orbs have been found to who works there."

"Alright." Adriana walked into the kitchen and made up a fresh pot of coffee.

"Close the door after yourself." she called out.

With a cup of coffe in her hand, she walked back to her desk and sat down. After taking a sip she got back to work on her new assignment

((Meh, short...))