Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

Watching as her house came in sight, and Mr. Everfree pulled up beside her mother's grey car, Phoebe felt herself growing sleepy. It was probably past time for her to be in bed, if she wanted to show up at work in time. “Well, it was nice meeting you. I hope to see you around. If you happen to have some spare time, please come visit me at the school on weekdays. I would love to know what you found at the site.” Her eyes opened with a start, and she smiled at him. "I'll remember that if I ever find myself with too much time on my hands." Though she supposed she would have to figure out where the school was first... Somewhere in Morgan, right?

Shaking her head a little to get rid of both the sleepiness and the useless thoughts, she was about to open the door and get out of the car when a small whine brought her attention to the dog in the back seat. “I think he wants you to pat him,” Mr. Everfree laughed, and carefully she brought her hand to scratch it behind the ears. A soft smile crossed her face before it was interrupted by a yawn, and she felt herself blush slightly. "It really seems like I should be in bed. It was nice meeting you too, and thank you so much for driving me home." She smiled at him again, before she gave the dog one last pat and got out of the car. It really was getting late, and with another yawn she walked into her house, waving to Mr. Everfree.

'My apologies. I'll try to be quieter.',

Delucins mindvoice sounded a bit like that of a little boy who had tried to pat a cat, which had reacted by hissing and trying to bite. He understood the thought had been to intense but that one of his warriors dared critizing him had come as a bit of a shock anyway.

'Isn't this Jordan going to react badly if you wake him up in the middle of the night?', he inquired.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Satisfied he had finished, the dog stole Phoebe's seat as she close the door. Syth waved her off, and then headed back to the park.

“Alright, let’s find your owner you rascal.”The dog, nicknamed Stripe for now, whined and looked impishly down. Syth laughed, there was no way a stray dog would be this friendly, and he knew it. There was no point telling Phoebe this though. He parked the car back at the side of the park and let himself and the dog out.

“Alright Stripe, where do you live…” he paused, and gazed around. Noticing a lost sign he pulled it off and glanced down at the picture on the front. He glanced between Stripe and the picture, and frowned. The dog was similar, but it was hard to tell from such a bad quality photo. The house was nearby, so he decided to just walk the dog there and see what happened. Stripe followed merrily, further concreting the idea he wasn’t a stray. Syth walked to the door, and knocked gently.

“Yes?” a woman answered.

Syth smiled in greeting and replied “Is this your dog?” The lady peered at the dog in beside them.

“No, must be from the family that did live here. They moved away to the house over there by about 9” she closed the door and was gone. Syth glanced to the dog, noticing how he gazed around sadly. He glanced in the direction the lady had indicated, and headed down.

“I didn’t know there were houses this close to the site” he mused to himself, knocking on the door.

This time, a small boy answered “Hello, I’m Kuki!”

Syth smiled and bent down, motioning to Stripe “is this your dog?” The kid grinned and darted toward the dog.

“Jacob!” he cried, scaring the dog whom then proceeded to dash away. The kid began to cry and Syth wiped his cheek, the kid turning to face him.

“I’ll go get little Jacob, you wait inside okay?” The kid, overjoyed, jumped inside without a second thought. Syth stood back up and glanced after the dog, running toward the site. He sighed, but jogged after the dog as it entered a restricted area.

“Here Jacob, here Stripe!” he spoke, slowly walking around in the near darkness. Breathing in the stale air, he stumbled around the darkness.

“You should have bought a torch” he sighed to himself. Suddenly something barked in the distance and he turned and walked toward it only to hit a wall. He groaned, completely disoriented and lost now. A shape launched onto him, and he gave the dog a small pat.

“Don’t run away like that again eh?” he smiled, happy to have found his target. He stood up, and glanced around the darkness.

“Any ideas where to go dog?” he asked the small furball beside him. The dog barked once again, and slowly walked off in a direction, ensuring he was close enough for Syth to see its outline barely at his feet.

Edited by warewolves

ON:

"We'll deal with that when the time comes," Faye assured Natalya as they turned down the street to Jordan's house, then replied to Delucin out loud. "Delucin, it's fine - we're just not used to having other people in our heads. We'll get used to it, I'm sure," she smiled, even if their patron could not see it. "As for Justin being asleep...we'll have to see. I got the impression that the orbs were urgent, and if we can get one while we know where it is...if Justin goes in tomorrow to drop it off, it could go anywhere for further study. Besides, it's not even midnight," she added, consulting the clock on her dashboard.

The car pulled up in a free space outside of Justin's, and Faye got out the car as quickly as her not-quite-injured leg would allow her to. "I'll tell him it's an urgent audit recall - audit recalls always supersede at-home study," she explained to Natalya as she limped over to the door and depressed the buzzer.

OFF

-Post by Faye

Jordan

Jordan had fallen asleep after his second beer and went into a deep sleep after putting the orb and his research notes into the safe under the desk. He jolted awake when the buzzer sounded in his room and he rolled out of bed glad he was still awake. He looked at the clock and noticed it was just past midnight which made him groan. "Who the hell could be coming to see me now." Jordan mumbled to himself as he walked to the front door and rubbed his eyes. He opened the door to his apartment and saw two girls standing there, one looked younger than the other while the older one looked about his age. It isn't my birthday yet. He thought stupidly with his slightly alcohol mind as he started at the two in front of him. "Can I help you two?" He asked as nicely as he could with no sleep.

Natalya stopped tapping her fingers nervously, nodded, pushed her worry away, then focussed her attention back on the task ahead.

Hearing Delucin's mindvoice, Natalya felt kinda bad. She looked at Faye and nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. Don't worry to much about it, you surprised me is all."

Natalya got out of the car and followed Faye to the door. She stood quietly by the teacher's side, only aiming a questioning look at Faye when the smell of alcohal greeted her as a man - Jordan she guessed - opened the door.

Wonder if healing him would sober him up...for that matter wonder if he would notice... she thought.

((*pats your charries heads* I didn't want to make the two of you feel bad. It's just that Delucin is a bit too used to be worshipped and be thought perfect and unfailable.))

((yeah sorry fortune. wasn't particlarly inspired when i was making that post))

Est took the papers from Adriana.

"oh goody, forms. i love forms" he said sarcastically. "ah well. we best be heading off shouldn't we? come on vayne. let's go and get you signed up to edumicated"

Rhia Avon

Rhia shuffled the papers into a binder, making sure all were neatly organized. She hated having to re-arrange papers after grading them, so it was best to make sure everything was good. The good-for-nothing health teacher. Why can't he just grade his own papers? Rhia sighed. She was going to have to take another way out. She didn't want to run into that woman again and the creepy nephew. Rhia headed back into the bright hallway, and then locked the door to the room behind her. She walked briskly down the hallway, aware of how late it was. I really want to get some sleep. She yawned, and then took a right turn. She unlocked the side door and slipped back out into the dark night, and then locked the door behind her. Slipping the keys back into her pocket, Rhia started to walk away from the school. She wasn't going to bother grading the papers now, she would do it during school.

"Yes Uncle" said Vayne in a meek tone of voice.

The Avon woman had come back out of the room she had entered, but rather than pass by the group again went out another door. When she opened it Vayne saw nothing but the darkness of night, but turning back and looking through the door they had entered he could see the light of dawn.

"Time has fractured" he said mostly to himself.

Turning back to Est he stared at the forms in his hands.

"We will have to conduct a search for the orb later. For now let us get this enrollment over with.

Jordan

"Who the hell could be coming to see me now." Jordan mumbled to himself as he walked to the front door and rubbed his eyes. He opened the door to his apartment and saw two girls standing there, one looked younger than the other while the older one looked about his age. It isn't my birthday yet. He thought stupidly with his slightly alcohol mind as he started at the two in front of him. "Can I help you two?" He asked as nicely as he could with no sleep.

ON:

Faye smiled at Jordan, not letting on that she had noticed the smell of alcohol, the bloodshot eyes or disheveled state. Jordan's drinking problem may not be social etiquette, but he was good at what he did. "Jordan, sorry to disturb you but we need the orb you've been working on for an urgent recall audit. I appreciate how late it is, but you know how auditors are."

OFF

-Post by Faye

'Lies sadden me. But I don't know this world and you have my unconditional trust, so if you think this is necessary, it is. I just wish I didn't have to put you in this situation though, unfortunately we need those orbs.'

Thinking about what he had just done Delucin decided to leave his warriors alone for the moment. He felt as if he was distracting them.

Bored, he took his flute and started playing again. Likely no one would be able to hear which was a depressing thought. Only those of pure heart would be able to hear sounds from the inner sanctum and his two warriors were to far away to partake in his music.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Syth walked for a long time, finally finding the exit. As he was about to leave, a flute sound came from inside the site. The dog dashed away and met the boy who was waiting at the door. Satisfied the dog would be fine; he turned and headed back inside.

“That’s a flute, I’m sure of it. Did someone get lost in here?” he wondered. As he walked he followed the sound carefully, slowly getting used to the light. He spent a lot of the time disoriented and was soon completely lost.

“Great, now how am I supposed to get the guy out again with me?” he sighed, still following it. He needed to think things out more, he decided. Not really giving it more of a through as light began to show.

“What the-“he started, stepping into the light. It was both warm and comforting even if it was a little bright compared to the darkness of the tunnel. Blinking his eyes, he gazed in wonder at the formations around him.

“I hope I don’t get in trouble for trespassing” he mused guiltily. He had disobeyed the rules, and gone in not only to rescue a dog but to find the flute player.

“At, that’s right.” He remembered, gazing around for the source of the sound, eventually finding a small boy playing it, glowing brightly and with a wise look in his eyes. He gazed at the boy’s eyes, seeing something unknown, but peaceful and innocent in the eyes.

“You’re no ordinary boy, for one thing you can play the flute very well” he spoke, not sure of what to think about the situation.

((sorry! telephone))

When the door openend and a stranger walked into his sanctuary Delucin's let almost go of his flute. He barely managed to school his face into it's proper avatarlook before the man spotted him.

Skimming his thoughts he realized what had happend. The man had heard it's flue and managed to follow it to it's source.

He had a heart full of compassion and careing, that had made him unable to turn back once he had concluded someone was trapped here.

It didn't surprise Delucin to find him that way. Without a pure heart he wouldn't have been able to find the sanctum - he wouldn't even have heard the flute.

Despite that good heart Delucin wouldn't have approached him on his own, because he was a bit too soft for the grim warrior fate. But since fate had brought him here Delucin reconsidered his stance on the matter.

Not every war was won by might of arms alone. It took a different level of strength to stretch out the hand to those who were hurting one. Yet that was the very thing which had sometimes the power to restore lost souls to the light.

"You are correct." Delucin said in his melodic voice. "I am Delucin, Avatar of everything that is good and noble in the human heart. And you have been sent to me because you are destined to help me save the world."

Delucin, Syth thought to himself, had replied with an answer that seemed to almost suit him. Pausing, he considered if he could get hurt from approaching, and then discarded the thought. If he was hurt, he was hurt; he was not going to leave the kid to stand over there by himself, Avatar of light or not.

“Avatar of light, that suits you very well. I hope you don’t mind if I just call you Del for short.” He approached Delucin slowly, but not cautiously. There was no need to rush after all.

“I hope you also don’t mind Del, if I ask you what I am saving the world from.” He paused for a second, thinking it over. If there was an Avatar of light, there was a very likely chance there was an Avatar of dark. He thought about it for a moment, could Delucin want to rid the world of that Avatar? He thought about it for a second, deciding his thoughts on the matter if that was the case.

“You want to save the world from your polar opposite, is my guess.” He took a seat next to Delucin, and mused to himself. Turning his gaze at the light and warmth around him he felt a small smile play on his lips as he imagined a world without dark. He then considered the opposite, turning to stare at the ground. A world where death was everywhere, were crime was rife, where good people were misused…He shuddered slightly, surprised at how alike it was to the dark side of the current world. He thought back on how kids had to go through pain to grow up, and imagines if that didn’t exist.

“I guess I could try and help. But I can’t give any promises; I have students to teach and all that.” He left out his mixed feelings about battling darkness, to rid the world of darkness.

Delucin considered if he should be offended over being called Del, but decided against it. The mans thoughts showed that it was meant affectionally not disrespectful.

He had a very quick mind too, grasping the problem before Delucin could even explain it.

"Teaching the next generation is a very high calling and a big responsiblity." Delucin said, sounding very adult. "But if you come in the situation to decide between following that calling and helping me, you might want to consider if the lessons you can give are worth having them live in a world that is ruled by evilness. A world of suffering and despair."

Delucin paused a moment to let that sink in, then he said. "And don't you want to introduce yourself? I have given you my name, it would be polite to grant me yours in return."

He would eventually get it out of the mans mind, but so far he hadn't managed to and it was uncomfortable to think of someone he wanted to recruit as a warrior as a stranger.

Edited by Laura-Lana

(I'm trying to stay in his character, but I've been playing moonshine too much tongue.gif)

Syth considered his words, and nodded once. His words made sense, teaching the next generation in a world where they will never be happy compared to giving them peace in this world.

“You make a good point” he replied, his thoughts going over the details again to ensure he had no more questions. Satisfied he had his main questions filled he stood up and brushed himself off quickly. He winced as he accidentally brushed a bruise the wrong way and quickly forgot about it as he turned to face Delucin.

“Well, I cannot promise I have anything to offer but I will try my best to help in your endeavour. So what happens now?” He paused, wondering if he would have to speak some oath. That thought unnerved him a bit, similar to the way a promise did. It meant there was no backing out, he paused momentarily. Was he sure he wanted to get caught up in this? Was the world really his problem? He smiled crookedly, since when had he worried about the consequences when he was trying to help? Satisfied, he turned back to Delucin, ready for whatever came next.

Syth blinked "Oh I'm sorry! I'm Syth Everfree."

Edited by warewolves

"Syth." Delucin repeated as if he was tasting the name. Then he smiled brightly and leaned himself against Syth trustingly.

"Have no fear. Everything shall be well. You'll see."

Delucin bit on his lip.

"I'll be honest. I am not sure what your part will be in this, Syth. I mean I know you have compassion, courage, and honor and are smart. I like how you never doubted me" He wrapped his fingers around Syths bigger hand and looked at his newest recruit with large eyes.

"Don't get angry now, but despite all this I wouldn't have asked my primary warrior to bring you to me had she met you on the street. You seem to be made to nurture not to fight no matter how just the cause. But fate brought you to me and I trust in it. Good has a way to come back to those, who give it and I am sure you would have never found me you weren't desperatly needed.

I'll have to tell Faye that she has to take good care of you and you'll listen to her, won't you Syth? I can't have my warriors quarrel with each other or we'll do the work of the enemy for them."

He let go of his hand and put some distance between them. Then he held his hands out to Syth in a formal gesture.

"If you are ready say -In the name of everything that is good in me, I swear allegiance to Delucin and the Power of Light."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Jordan

Jordan didn't understand what was going on as he stepped back into the doorway. "Ummm...... come in than. I'll get the orb in just a moment." He said as he stifled a yawn as he opened the door wider to let them both into his apartment.

((Sorry it's short.))

Syth listened to Delucin(Del helps me remember his name btw tongue.gif) and nodded at his very valid woes. He thought it over for a few moments and then nodded once.

“I cannot promise I will be able to fight back, but I will try my best. Your points are all valid, but I truly do not know what will happen, and if I can be of any help, then I want to know.” He paused, unable to describe his whirlwinds of thoughts. Shaking his head he settled onto one, the oath.

“In the name of everything that is good in me, I swear allegiance to Delucin and the Power of Light.” He spoke without hesitation. He had already decided to jump off this waterfall, and he didn’t walk back. After all, it did him naught.

“And I will take Faye’s words to heart and listen to her. I’m a teacher, and listening to what people have to say comes with the job description. So what’s the target?”

ON:

Nodding at Natalya to follow, Faye stepped into Jordan's place without fear or trepidation. She was confident of herself and her own (human) abilities to feel safe enough wherever she went, and Jordan for all his flaws was still a colleague and safe to be around, from what she knew. Politely staying within the hallway Faye stood, supported by her cane with Natalya just behind her as she waited on Jordan and the orb.

OFF

-Post by Faye.

((monkeyboy225, on the danger of sounding like an insufferable wiseass, may I make a suggestion? If you ask someone to come into your home, bureau etc for the first time it's a good idea to describe it a little to give the other person more options. ))

Delucin laughed out. "Patience, patience, my friend. First it is time to awaken the powers of the light in you."

He took Syths hands and said. "Your soul is all air, no fire. Don't feel bad about that. There is no shame being a child of the wind. People often underestimate this element, just as I am sure they underestimate you."

Delucin inhaled and then breathed out a cloud of silver mist that settled all over Syth, healing the bruises he had suffered this day and then sinking into him making him glow with a silver light for a moment.

"The wind shall aid and protect you. It will be your sword and your shield. And those who believe you weak will learn to their sorrow that even the breath of life itself is a gift that air bestows and that it can taken away again."

((In your form it says "However he has two weeks points," warewolves. xd.png))

Natalya followed Faye inside Jordan's place without hesitation. Had they come here before the visit to Delucin's temple, Natalya knew she would have thought twice before even getting out of the car but now she completely trusted the teacher enough to make it inside Jordan's house. She had never trusted someone so quickly and comletely without question before, it felt like a strange concept yet she found that she had no doubts in Faye's judgement or Faye herself.

"Thanks." she told him as she came to stand beside Faye. The girl's eye wandered around the hall curiously before their gaze came to rest on Jordan himself. He was rather handsome. His brown(or is it black?) hair had fallen across her forehead and his blue eyes caught her attention thogh she made no sign of noticing. Natalya was almost sad he had fallen into the clutches of alcohal, she knew what that did to a person The girl's gaze dropped and she look down at her at her hands as she was reminded of the fact. She pushed the memory away and looked back up at Jordan with a curious expression.

Edited by evangeline5432