Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

Leaving Adriana's home Vayne began to slowly wander back to the Temple of Dusk, this time taking more time to look and study the new sights and sounds around him. From what he had learned so far he had deducted that humans had been working hard to make life easier for themselves. Ironic, but also productive.

About half way back Vayne came across a closed in area that looked not unlike the school he had just been enrolled in. There was even a building of similar design close by. Here very young children, somewhere between the ages of five and ten, were running around and playing. He stopped and watched them for a while from the other side of the fence. The brat would have loved to see this. He had always enjoyed pretending that he was one of these smaller humans. Vayne could never see why.

((Delucin is where he always is. In the Temple of Dawn. There is currently no one there, is there? But the last post from monkeyboy225 was on February 20th and it was to say that he planned to wait until the two of you (Faye and Natalya) posted. I've sent him a pm that wasn't answered and the two of you have posted both in and out of character. *looks at Fortune* I am sorry to say that because it was nice to play with them as long as they were around, but I'd request that monkeyboy225 is removed if they haven't posted by monday))

((Delucin is where he always is. In the Temple of Dawn. There is currently no one there, is there? But the last post from monkeyboy225 was on February 20th and it was to say that he planned to wait until the two of you (Faye and Natalya) posted. I've sent him a pm that wasn't answered and the two of you have posted both in and out of character. *looks at Fortune* I am sorry to say that because it was nice to play with them as long as they were around, but I'd request that monkeyboy225 is removed if they haven't posted by monday))

((I'd spoken with Kestra about this earlier and given the same time limit.))

Est pulled up on the road by vayne, got out and wandered up beside him

"Ah there you are. so is the orb in there or do you just like staring at little children? because if it's the second option i hate to tell you but thats not really looked upon verey well nowadays."

Vayne looked around confused at Est. What did he mean by that?

"You can no longer watch your young? Then how do you protect them? Do you have some device in place that deters predators or rivals from another clan?"

Vayne thought about the device Adriana had shown him that alerted her to the presence of thieves. If current day man had the means to be able to tell if someone was planning theft, then they must surely have a way of scaring away wild animals. Speaking of which, Vayne had not seen anything larger than a few birds and a hound since his release, not even a horse. Where were the animals?

((Looks at Ware. Sorry, I didn't realize this was a problem. Due to fractured time it is now morning where all my warriors are - EXCEPT for Jordan, Faye and Natalya who are still sitting in a pocket of evening))

((Wake up and prepare yourself for school I'd suggest. Maybe wait until Vayne etc had the chance to arrive in the school too. If I remember right it's morning for them already as well))

Syth awoke in the morning, well rested and happy. He got himself ready for the day and presentable in record time, as usual. After that, it was all a matter of driving to school. He hoped he didn't loose to much time going through the tunnel that seemed to go on for a big amount of time considering the shortness of it. As he exited his car at the school, he parked it in the teacher parking lot and grabbed his books and such from it before locking it up. It was time again to teach the youth, though he would proabbly be watching and not teaching them this fine morning. He headed into the staff room, and drunk a coffe while he waited paitently for school to start for the morning.

((Would it be day for Adriana? Early morning I'm going to have her get the confirmation that Vayne was accepted.))

((It was dawn when Vayne left, so it could be any time in the morning for her now smile.gif))

((Tired of waiting, Faye raised her stick and pointed at the safe. With a sudden 'whoof' o in-rushing air a gout of flame lashed out at the safe, tearing it to shreds as a small but powerful fireball gouged a hole in the metal. There, unharmed put perhaps warm to the touch, sat the orb...

Hang on, Faye's a good guy.

*sigh*

This is why I always play shady characters - so much easier to get the job done.))

"oh you can watch the young. it's just people tend to not like it if you look at them for too long or too often if they are not specifically your own. some people have some... younger.. tastes than others shall we say"

Est shrugged.

"personally i don't go in for that sort of thing but anyway. what's the plan? you all ready to go to school and get yourself edumified nephew"

((Just a few more hours Kestra.))

The look Vayne gave Est clearly said he had no idea what the man was indicating, but he shrugged if off. It was of no importance.

"I am to start the school tomorrow" he explained. "For now I am returning to the Temple. Although I unable to search for the orb at the school for the moment I may be able to locate another orb or warrior to boost our forces."

Zatch eventually got back to the Temple. Luckily none of the excavation team was there, so he reassumed his position at the doorway of the temple.

"I wonder when the kid will be getting here..." Zatch mumured under his breath.

((Okay. Monday and they still haven't show up. I'd say go with the notion that Jordan had handed over the orb *looks to Fortune* Is that okay? ))

((All yours, Kestra. You sure they can't accidentally set fire to anything? *shot*))

Adriana spent a good part of the morning researching what Vayne called the Temple of Dawn. On the table lay a small pile of papers that she'd printed out earlier. However, though she'd checked the archives there were no records of any weird orbs being found. Great...that meant that if they had been found, these records must not have been entered into the database yet...if they existed. Someone would have to search through the paper files that she knew were kept. Adriana would bring this matter up with Vayne later... 

Adriana looked out the window and saw that the sun was starting to come up. The woman realized she had been up all night and even though she hadn't gotten any sleep in the last 24 hours, she didn't feel any need to retire. Adriana decided not to question this as she stood up and pushed the chair away from the table. Adriana walked into the kitchen and started making herself breakfast.

When she got back to the table, a massage was flashing across the screen informing her of a new email. Adriana opened it up and read through it. It was confirmation back from the school. Vayne was in. After she finished her breakfast, the woman went to changed her clothing and get ready for the day, planning to head back the the Temple when she was ready.

((Monkeyboy has not posted. I am poofing them and deleting their forms.

Laura, want me to reserve you that spot?))

ON:

Walking out of the flat, the orb - which, aside from the unusual material it was made from - seemed rather unimpressive. However, be it because they knew it was the orb they were looking for, or perhaps it was a reaction to the powers Delucin had bestowed on them, it felt warm in Faye's hand, tingling slightly. Having slipped it into her backpack to stop prying eyes from spying on them Faye limped down to her car with Natalya in tow, climbing in and starting up the engine.

"I should get you home," Faye said, nodding to the clock on her dashboard - it was gone eleven p.m. "I know you want to see how this turns out, but I don't want to cause problems with your parents just yet. I have a feeling we're going to be working a lot more out-of-hours than this, and I don't want to clock up a bad relationship with your folks before we even get started."

OFF

-Post by Faye.

((Grrr...sorry it took so long. I was about to post then my comp glitched and it erased everything I wrote. :|))

Natalya nodded, she wanted to see what would happen but getting grounded and Faye making a bad impression would not be a good idea. At least they had gotten the orb.

"Promise you'll tell me all that happens?" she asked hopefully as they left Jordan's house.

When they arrived at her place, the house was quiet and completely dark. She knew her parents were asleep. They had to get up early tomorrow for work. She opened up the car door and climbed out, her bottle of soda in hand.

"Oh, um. Here, lemme get you my number." she reached into her pocket and took out a pen and the only thing she had to write on-a old receipt. She wrote her number down then handed it to Faye.

"If you ever wanted to get a hold of me." she said with a shrug.

"Thanks for the ride!" she shut the door then remembered something. She opened the car door and looked at Faye apologetically.

"I sorta left my bike at your place. I guess I will definitely see you tomorrow." she said meekly then she gently closed the car door again and ran up to the house.

Natalya walked up to the front door and rummaged through her pockets. Finding the key she quietly opened the door. With a wave to Faye she disappeared inside and quietly crept upstairs.

"ah ok. so currently we have myself, adriana and that zatch kid, who appears to have dissappeared, as warriors. 2 out of 3 of those i trust and they are the first two. it will always be good to get new warriors with different skills."

Est turned to get into his car

"hey you need a lift back to the temple?"

Vayne glanced over at Est's car and then nodded. He wondered if it would be as outfitted with devices as Adriana's, or have different ones.

"I can not chose which skills my warriors learn" he admitted following after Est. "Your hearts select the ones most appropriate ones for you. I must agree though that a wide variety of magics would be useful. The orbs will be in all manners of locations and many may even be enchanted to prevent us from seizing them without passing a trial."

"trials?" said est as he got into the car. "you mean like we might have to solve puzzles and stuff to get the orbs? hmm sounds interesting."

Est turned the ignition in the car, his in car sat nav instantly switched on. however so did the music and est had last been listening to Fear the Fear by turisas (( if any of you are interested in what the song is)) the chorus of which promptly started blaring out of the speakers. est quickly turned the music down.

"oops sorry about that forgot that was gonna be that loud should have warned you"

((fortune you should listen to the song especially the chorus. i think it would appeal to vayne))

Edited by shric debar