Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

Vayne followed Est to his car and climbed in. As they rode along Vayne watched his warrior turned the large in front of him and move his feet across the paddles at his feet. That must be how Est told the electric carriage what to do.

"I must learn how to drive one of these" he said. "It may prove inconvinient to be driven everywhere."

((He's not going to be happy to learn he isn't old enough to drive o3o))

"um unfortunately i don't think you'd be allowed to. there's a minimum age you have to be and you don't quite meet it" est said unsure as to how vayne was going to take this news.

"well you could probably learn how to drive but you'd be stopped and arrested for being too young."

"What do you mean too young?" asked Vayne angrily. "I may not appear as my usual self, but I am still an adult. Old enough to hunt and father children. Why should I not be able to drive a carriage such as this?"

"well for a start all the documents we just made you are going to say you're not old enough to drive. and as far as the law is concerned that means you're not allowed to." est explained. "I know you are old enough but that won't make any difference. unless you want to explain to everyone your real story"

Vayne could not understand what Est meant. This body, though not his usual one, was old enough to perform all manner of tasks that an adult could do, inculding raise and support a family. How could it not be trusted to drive an electric carriage?

"But I am an adult in either form. Where does the difference lie?"

((You'll have to explain to Vayne that in this day and age, he's classed as a child. He won't get it otherwise.))

"look in that body, using that appearence you will be classified as a child." est said patiently. "and that unfortunately means that they won't let you drive"

"What?!"

Vayne stared up at Est in contempt and horror. A child? He was trapped in the body of a child? That was impossible. There had been plenty of youths back in the old world, but none of them had been called children. They were men as soon as they could hunt on their own. Some of them had even risen to chief status, not a role a child could ever bear. Had society changed so much?

Not knowing what else to do Vayne climbed out of the car and stormed off into a nearby grassy area full of trees. There were a few people about but Vayne took no notice of them. He walked right up to the nearest tree and punched it, leaving a sizeable hole in the trunk.

"And that Miss Williams is the reason why it's paramount that we film the activation of one of the orbs." Director Gerkins concluded his long speach.

The essense of it was that they wanted to film the strange phenomen of an orb lighting up when placed on one of the seals. Phoebe was supposed to be the young, competent archelogist who placed the orb there while giving a hypothesis about what was going on or at least saying something that sounded as if they had a clue about what happend with the orbs when placed on the seals.

Raymond Fine, called Ray, who had been the camera man for various other parts of the excavation, would accompany her and film her.

She was supposed to get an orb for that project from someone named Jordan, who had been given one to study. Raymond supposedly had the adress.

Apparently that Jordan had a bit of a problem with drinking which was why they didn't want him to do the activating.

"Now, what do you say? Will you help us?"

Natalya was quiet through out the lesson. When the class was over, Syth came over and spoke. The girl smiled cheerfully and chuckled.

"Sure. Why not?" she stood and gathered her things.

"Might do me some good. Need help carrying anything out?"

((Sorry, I thought I had posted this last night. D=

I must have fallen asleep before I had a chance to.))

(xd.png I crashed after posting)

Syth smiled and led them to his car, unlocking it and hopping into the driver seat. Once Nat was inside, he started it and headed off. He didn’t speak for the journey, smiling gently as he rounded the corners at the right speeds. He parked near the park and waited for Nat to get out before locking it.

He waved her off “Go and meet with Del-ucin, I’ll come in later.” He turned and headed into the park, and grabbed his usual spot with a good look over the park. He noticed people coming and going, but didn’t pay much attention. He unconsciously blanked his mind as he watched the comings and goings. He sighed once, and was silence.

Dwaine was plucking books from a trolly that was behind him and placing them on the library shelf. He currently stood in the fiction section in the "D-E" aisle. The books on the trolly were from the returned bins as well as books he picked up that were scatterd carelessly around the library. Students always seemed to think they could just leave the books where ever they wanted. Although it was true it was part of his and the library tech's job to pick up those books he couldn't help but feel disrespected.

Dwaine flipped through the titles on his trolly and concluded that all the books for this aisle had been put away. Plucking a book from teh trolly at random he read the title and the author's name. It was another fictional novel that needed to go into the "L" section. Pushing his trolly out of the aisle dwaine's eye's drifted over to the window and looked out into the park as he walked through the library. There were people walking through the park and children playing, whoever picked the spot for the library had good taste in Dwaine's opinion, and after the discovery of the temples, Dwaine couldn't have been more thankful for the location of his job. He sometimes caught Archeologists passing through or even in the library. He often took the oppertunity to ask questions and sometimes the archeologists were happy to answer him and other times they just told him to wait for the articles, actually nine times out of ten they told him to wait for the articles.

Dwaine turned down the "L" aisle and noticed a student there looking very puzzled. He was likely skipping class or on a spare. "Can I help you?" Dwaine asked the confused student who spun on his heal to see the person addressing him. "Uum...I was looking for a comic and the author's last name started with an 'L' so I thought it would be here." Dwaine smiled warmly, the student was likely new to visiting the library. "If you come out to where I am, turn to your left and cotinue down to the windows you will find an open space with tables and outletss to plug laptops into. There are several shelves there with magazines, comics, and graphic novels. If you are looking for magazines specifically, we have our most recent issues near the entrance. Is there anything else you need?" The student walked out of the aisle and looked down the length of the library to see the space Dwaine was talking about. "No, I think I will be fine thank you." The student walked off to find the comic he was looking for and Dwaine returned to shelving books.

(xd.png I crashed after posting)

Syth smiled and led them to his car, unlocking it and hopping into the driver seat. Once Nat was inside, he started it and headed off. He didn’t speak for the journey, smiling gently as he rounded the corners at the right speeds. He parked near the park and waited for Nat to get out before locking it.

He waved her off “Go and meet with Del-ucin, I’ll come in later.” He turned and headed into the park, and grabbed his usual spot with a good look over the park. He noticed people coming and going, but didn’t pay much attention. He unconsciously blanked his mind as he watched the comings and goings. He sighed once, and was silence.

((Such a busy day. xP

Wait. Syth doesn't notice a boy punching a hole in a tree? o3o

Or did he arrive after that?

I just realized something...

Exactly how far are they from the Temple of Dawn? xP Close enough for Natalya to walk?

If not, she could just go to a shop nearby and get something to eat while Syth talks to Vayne. tongue.gif))

Edited by evangeline5432

(From my mental map, the park is directly nearby the cave of light, and is surounded by houses. If she wanted to she could make a shopping place nearby.

After tongue.gif besides Vayne is surounded by trees, hard to see from a vantage point.)

((I'll have her get something to eat for Faye, Syth, and herself for later on.

Uh, does Delucin eat? xd.png

just realized that Natalya might know Dwaine. xd.png Wonder if she knows Phoebe. :B ))

INatalya unbuckled her seat belt and got out of the car. She started to make her way to his side when he waved for her to go on and meet with Delucin. With a amused smile she nodded.

"How about I go get us all some lunch for later while I wait?" she asked.

((Edit: Slight coding problem. xP))

Edited by evangeline5432

((Mkay.

I'll just have her get a sandwich for Delucin, if he doesn't want it, she can give it to one of the others.))

Natalya inclined her head.

"Call me when you're ready to leave." she told him and then she walked off to a store nearby.

Upon arrival, she waited in line. When it was her turn she ordered a few sandwiches, a couple small bags of chips, and some drinks. While she waited for the sandwiches to be made, she sat down and took out her iPod. Putting her earbuds in, she turned on her music and wait...

((Wolves: I was actually following this when it was in the unapproved section. I lost track of it for a while and then all of a sudden there it was at the top of other RP's with the little note saying, two spots left and I was all like "BLARG!? WTH!? When did this happen!? Maximum character creation typing speed, GO!" *takka takka takka* happy.gif

Evangeline: I was hoping to play it out like they knew each other. If you don't mind that is what I plan on doing. Now to get Dwain some lunch since it is conveniently his lunch break and I just realized that I have been spelling his name wrong happy.gif))

One of the library techs was searching Dwain out in the Library and found him still in the fiction 'L' section. "Dwain why don't you go for lunch, I can finish up here." Dwain placed another book on the shelf before stretching and replying to the tech. "That sounds good, I'm famished. Tag me out." He said giving the tech a gentle high five on his way out of the aisle. He had forgotten to pack a lunch today that made him feel pretty dumb. So he made his way to the store, a quaint coffee shop. He stood in line he saw Natalya sitting down and wondered if it was her day off. His turn came up he ordered himself a cup of Irish breakfast tea along with a Ham and swiss-cheese sandwich. They gave him his tea and with it Dwain sat across from Natalya who seemed enthralled with her music. "Hey, how you been?" He asked cheerfully, ignoring the fact that it wasn't likely for her to hear him.

((I'm presuming it was some kind of restaurant like a coffee shop since all the corner stores I know don't sell sandwiches happy.gif))

Edited by En'K'Haral

((Vang, I don't think that Natalya would know Phoebe as she just moved to Wallace yesterday... She's got family here, though, so you can have her know some of them if you want~ :3))

"And that Miss Williams is the reason why it's paramount that we film the activation of one of the orbs." Smiling and nodding at Director Genkins, Phoebe took a quiet, relieved breath. Not that what he said wasn't interesting; as a matter of fact the entire thing made her rather exited, and to be given a task like this her first day was way above her expectations. It was just that... He had managed to explain the task with much more speaking than strictly needed, and the effort it took not to drift off made her a little tired. Now that the briefing was done with, however, her excitement rose again, and she found herself smiling unconsciously.

"Now, what do you say? Will you help us?" Her small smile grew wider at the question, and she nodded. "Of course I will! This is so fascinating, and to be the one to actually place the orb and document the phenomenon is itself an incredible opportunity. I am really looking forward to it!" She had read reports written by archaeologists who'd seen it happen themselves, and from the sound of it she thought the whole phenomenon might have something to do with a chemical reaction between the strange stone the temple was made of and the orb itself. Her hypothesis was still rather broad, however, and she might even be entirely wrong. The best thing to do would probably be to speak to one of the archaeologists who'd seen it, and get some more information...

"Well, Miss Williams, you seem like you already are thinking deeply about the subject. I'll leave you and Ray to do your job. Good luck!" With that the director walked away, presumably to do his other work, and Phoebe turned to Ray, the cameraman, with a slightly embarrassed smile. "Was I really that obvious? ...Wait, don't answer that." Shaking her head at herself, she followed him to the car. "Enthusiasm in work isn't a bad thing, you know. I look forward to working with you." Smiling at him, she sat down in the passenger seat. "Likewise. So, we're going to this Jordan now?" She would have to find the archaeologists who'd seen the phenomenon afterwards, then...

Edited by Saikachan

((I was joking since Natalya seems to know all the other warriors. :B If you wish for her mother to know Phoebe, I'll play along. 

And yeah, ENK. She will know him. happy.gif))

Out of the corner of her eye, Natalya noticed someone sit down at her table. Looking up, she pressed the button on the music ceased to play. Only hearing the last few word, a surprised but pleased smile appeared on her face. 

"Dwain! Hello! I'm fine. What on earth are you doing here?" 

((He could have a book for here by chance? tongue.gif))

((Errr...I think it's a little late for him to have a book on him for her but there can be a newspaper sitting nearby with articles of interest to them. By the way First season of the new doctor who all the way ^.^ Gen nine was it?))

"Well as soon as they are done with my sandwich I plan on having lunch and reading about the dig. Jeeze I hope they have a news..ah here's one." Dwain plucked the paper from a nearby abandonned table, he quickly checked it's date to make sure it wasn't yesterdays and was glad to find that it was in fact today's newspaper. He set it down though since he was talking to Natalya. "You know me, I've been following the news on this dig since they started. I wonder if they will open the temples for tourism when the dig is finished. I would love to see the inside of both of them. but enough about me, tell me what brings you around these parts today...don't you have the day off or something?" Dwain asked curiouse as to why Natalya was in teh area, of course he figured that could be reading too much into it and that she was just here to enjoy the park or something.

Edited by En'K'Haral

((Sad and mature? I hope Faye hasn't gotten that notion from my posts, because while he can be sad i've tried my best to show it's not in his nature to stay so for long and depite all his knowledge, long life and powers I hope it shows that he has some childlike qualities above the body he chooses for himself. If not I'll have to try harder.))

((No - it's conjecture. He's said he's very old and that he's had this fight with Vayne, so when you consider how much someone can see in one lifetime it's extrapolation that he's probably seen much more in thousands of years. But it's also why she's only ever termed it as a possibility and not a fact that she's aware of - he's probably sad, but she's yet to get the hint. She's aware he is old, but he acts so much like a child that again it's intellectual knowledge and not hard fact.

And I will post tonight hopefully - I'm working 62hrs this week hence the delays. -KM))

((gen nine? xd.png My favorite doctor is the tenth. 

But I love matt smith(the 11th) too. <3

Btw, most call me Vang or Eva. Easier then typing out a ten letter name. ^^))

Natalya smiled. "Ah, I see. I'm waiting for some food too." 

No sooner had she said that when someone called out her last name. 

"Sorry. Please excuse me a moment." the young warrior said apologetically as she stood up and walked over to the counter. The girl took the bag with the food she'd ordered from a shop worker and with a thank you, the girl walked back over to the table. 

Slidding into her seat she reached into the bag and took out her drink. 

"Yeah, I'm actually out with a teacher, he's actually taking me to the temple. He wanted to stop at the park before we went there so I came here to get something to eat." The lid didn't seem want to seem to come off her soda drink and she smiled sheepishly.

"Would you mind?" she asked holding out the soda. 

"So what are they saying about these...um...temples?" Natalya asked eying the newspaper. 

Edited by evangeline5432

Zatch eventually got back to the Temple. Luckily none of the excavation team was there, so he reassumed his position at the doorway of the temple.

"I wonder when the kid will be getting here..." Zatch mumured under his breath.

(This was his last post)

Edited by warewolves