Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

Following Mr. Everfree towards his car, Phoebe smiled when he said that the dog only needed understanding. "If you say so." Besides, what did she know? It wasn't as if she had ever had any pet of her own, her mother travelling so much and her coming along more often than not. Turning her head to watch as he opened the door to the back seat for the dog, her eyes turned thoughtful. The dog didn't look like it wanted to bite her... As a matter of fact, it looked like it was a good, obedient pet, and had never been stray at all, so perhaps he had the right of it.

Opening the door at the passenger seat, she sat down before she opened the glove box in search for the requested bandages. "I live in Burnrise... Small house with a grey car parked outside." That was her mother's, though she had been allowed to borrow it until the woman came home from her latest trip. "It's around a twenty minute walk from here, I believe, though I didn't really watch the time." With a triumphant smile, she withdrew her hand, holding the bandages. "Here you go. Do you want any help?"

Syth thanked her for the bandages, before turning up and parking at the house specified. He grabbed the bandages and rolled it around the slightly bleeding bite marks.

“I’ll sterilise it when I get home.” He spoke, glancing back to the dog in the back.

Turning back to Phoebe, he said “Well, it was nice meeting you. I hope to see you around. If you happen to have some spare time, please come visit me at the school on weekdays. I would love to know what you found at the site.” The dog leaped up and poked its head between the two front seats and glanced to Phoebe before letting out a small whine.

“I think he wants you to pat him” he laughed, smiling good-heartedly at Phoebe.

Rhia Avon

Rhia gave a little gasp of relief as all the lights flickered on, but to her surprise, the source of the voices were closer than she had though. One was a boy, who seemed to be only 16. However, something about his eyes made her flinch. They were dark, darker than her own. And the other one was a woman, older than Rhia, with strange, purple hair.

"Miss Avon." It was the woman who addressed her. How does she know my name? Rhia's eyes hardened and she took a step towards the strange pair, her hand going towards her butterfly knife. "I don't know who you are and what your name is, but isn't it a little late to be wandering around in a school?" she said, her eyes drawn towards the boy. Who was he? Rhia didn't care to memorize her student's names and faces, but she had never seen him before.

Adriana looked back momentarily. Est was nowhere in sight, only Vayne was behind her. "Certainly it is"-she met Rhia's cold hard gaze with one of her own-"but I'm a teacher here, I had a report I was supposed to turn in but I accidentally left it in my classroom. I was giving Mr Estarinuta's newphew a ride home so he ended up coming in with me." she looked back at Vayne. "I called your uncle...he should be here soon enough." she dug her cell phone out of her pocket and glanced at it with an annoyed expression. The woman put it back in her pocket and looked back at Rhia. 

"I don't believe you told me why you were here." her tone was convincing and she showed no sign of a lie. A rare few would be able to pick up on it. She only hoped the avatar and Est would catch on and that the shadow warrior could disappear from the area without being seen...

((That reminds me...she doesn't have purple hair...

Kestra/Laura, the way I wrote that post. It could be the orb then again it might now. Up to you.))

Uncle? Vayne supposed there was a mild resemblance between Est and himself, but nothing he thought which could have passed him off as family. However he decided to play along with the ruse for the moment and nodded when Adriana glanced at him, as if confirming her story.

He found it amusing that Avon had not recognised Adriana as a fellow teacher. Some people were obviously too wrapped up in themselves to play close attention to others. That could be useful.

However, it seemed this school was never quite as empty as he had hoped. Even at night it had people wandering around. That could prove difficult when searching for the orb in secret. How to explain his presence?

Thinking it over he turned to Adriana and spoke to her.

"Is this the school my uncle is sending me to?" he asked.

Vayne was close to the orb he had sensed, but he couldn't tell his warriors where it was beyond what he had already told them. He did not know the city good enough to describe it better.

Hoping they would get the information they needed in the laboratory they were headed to Delucin lurked quietly in their minds and tried to absorb what they were doing.

The "files" were fascinating. The pictures in them were more realistic than anything he had ever seen. He wasn't too impressed with the rows of black ornaments under them until he realized they were giving his two warriors information.

It was a script and it was irritating that he couldn't read it unless his warriors read it first and he took the meaning from their minds. Language - written or spoken - was something connected to the emotions of the human heart and he should have understood it no matter how many millenia had passed. He wondered if Vayne had the same problem or if, because he had more broken seals, he didn't.

Delucin tried to learn something of the skript but it was puzzeling. For example the sign for cave didn't look like a cave at all. In fact all the words looked extremly unpicture like which was all the more puzzeling because of the great art of the true pictures. Despite that it seemed to covey more information than he had thought a script could give.

Delucin felt like he was missing something cruical here, but his warriors were so practised in reading the script they only thought about the information, not about how they had aquired it.

"Is this what we are looking for?"

Natalya had placed on of the files in front of Faye. Suddenly all his thoughts about the script were forgotten.

'Yes. That is one of the orbs!' He shouted exited into their minds.

((Ware, Saikachan if one of you were able to come up with a plausible reason to walk into the temple instead of just sitting in front of it Delucin could sense the presence of a potential warrior. ))

ON:

Faye winced slightly at the sudden mental shout, although it was more for effect than any true discomfort. "I believe our patron has answered that for us," she smiled softly, turning to the computer screen once more. "I've also had the computer call up every potential match for an orb and dumped a copy of their data into my user area, and printing out a precis of each one now." With a nod to the office next door both could clearly hear the printer running. Some sounded like they were just coincidental search results, but others bore similarity not only to each other but also to the one Delucin had so emphatically claimed was one of the orbs.

Taking the file from Natalya Faye scanned through the information, absently logging off the computer as the printer finished it's work. Standing up she beckoned for Natalya to follow her into the office next door, which was predominantly occupied by four printers, stationary and two more computers. She moved to the one powered-up printer and pulled out the stack of paper, dropping it into a nearby box file and closing it up as she handed the file back to Natalya with a smile.

"Good work," she said genuinely. "Jordan is a junior team member like myself, a geologist. I know where he lives, so we'll go over now and have a word with him about retrieving the orb for further in-office studies. Then we'll look at which of these may be more orbs." With that Faye limped out of the office, box file under her free arm as she headed for the carpark.

OFF

- Post by Faye

((I will leave it to the GMs to decide how many of the orbs would have been retrieved officially by the excavation team by this point, and where they may be - storage, further studies in other departments, left at dig sites...maybe even taken out of Wallace? Nothing like a road-trip later on in the story ;~) -KM))

{{According to the picture you put in her character form, Adrianna has purple hair.}}

"Certainly it is but I'm a teacher here, I had a report I was supposed to turn in but I accidentally left it in my classroom. I was giving Mr Estarinuta's nephew a ride home so he ended up coming in with me." The woman looked back at the strange boy and said,"I called your uncle...he should be here soon enough." She dug her cell phone out of her pocket and glanced at it with an annoyed expression. Rhia relaxed a little, but still, it seemed mighty suspicious. Why would a teacher bother coming here with someone's nephew?

"I don't believe you told me why you were here." The woman's tone was convincing and she showed no sign of a lie. Rhia's eyes narrowed. Why would the woman need to convince her that nothing was amiss? "I may not have memorized every teacher in the school, but I'm still an assistant to the health teacher, who makes me grade all of the tests and papers. I left some papers here that I needed to grade, so that's why I'm here. What I'm curious of is why you are trying to convince me that there's nothing wrong with you being here. Since you are a teacher, there's no problem. So why?" she asked, full of suspicion.

((Sí, Sí. I know, which is why I said something.

She didn't speak convincingly. By her tone being convincing, I meant that she talked normally as if nothing was amiss...))

Adriana looked at Vayne and nodded.

"Yes, your uncle and I will be taking care of all that."

Adriana looked back at Rhia.

"Really...?" she laughed with amusement.

"Miss Avon, if I was trying to convince you of anything you would know of it." she left out that it would probably be with a knife to her throat... "The only problem here would be that it's late and I have a class to prepare for after I turn in my report." she commented cooly.

"Plus his uncle should get here very soon and I want to find that report before he arrives, so if you're done questioning me I would greatly appreciate it." she said rather calmly though there was traces of annoyance and sarcasism that she didn't bother hiding.

~

"I believe our patron has answered that for us," Natalya nodded wearily.

"I just wish he'd lower his voice when he decides to tell us something," she said not entirely to herself while she followed Faye.

Natalya smiled and blushed slightly at the praise as she took the file back. She went back into the room and replaced the file where she had found it. Grabbing her drink she ran after Faye.

When they reached the car, Natalya opened the door as soon as she heard it unlock and climbed in.

"Do you think Jordan would give us the orb?"

Edited by evangeline5432

ON:

Faye shrugged as they set off for Jordan's house. "I'm not sure. He's known for having the odd drink on the job, but other than that I don't know much about him. I'm hoping he will give it back over, I just need a good enough reason," Faye added, chewing her lip slightly.

OFF

-Post by Faye.

{{Hey, Fortune, can Rhia find the orb? That'd give Vayne a reason to choose her as a warrior}}

Rhia Avon

Really...?" The woman laughed with amusement.

"Miss Avon, if I was trying to convince you of anything you would know of it. The only problem here would be that it's late and I have a class to prepare for after I turn in my report." She commented, a cool tone in her voice. Rhia bristled. She hated people like this. It made her want to just stick a knife in the woman's chest... No, that'd be a very bad idea. You've seen what happens to criminals on all those TV shows you watch. You'd end up just like them. Rhia turned away, wanting to leave, but the woman had to go and make one last comment.

"Plus his uncle should get here very soon and I want to find that report before he arrives, so if you're done questioning me I would greatly appreciate it." Rhia clenched her teeth. "Now, if you're done asking sarcastic questions, I'll be going now. I would greatly appreciate if you turned off the lights after you're done." she said, and started to walk down the hallway. There were more papers in the health office, and Rhia never wanted to see the woman again. She treated me like a child! If I ever meet her in a dark alley... Rhia let the dark thought stay in her head. It soothed her hurt feelings. She loosened her grip on the butterfly knife, and kept walking down the bright hallway. The health office was just ahead.

((heya back again sorry. had another accident. sad.gif been snowing here. i slipped and broke my other shoulder sad.gifsad.gif now have two busted shoulders and a broken ankle. i'm verey clumsy))

Est caught on to what Adriana was saying and quickly hid himself in a cloak of shadows so that he could not be seen. he made his way suurepticiously out through the door taking care to not let to door move too much.

once outside he removed the cloak of shadows from around himself. He then reenterd the school through the front door making sure to look like he was searching for Vayne and Adriana and didn't know exactly where they were.

"hello is anybody here?"

((I'd prefer that the orb at the school goes unfound for the time being. It's my way of getting Vayne into the school. He'll enroll as a student in order to look for it.))

((Good grief Shric. Lady Fortuna doesn't like you. D:))

"Of course miss Avon. Have a good night" there was no sign of I'll will in her tone. If someone didn't know better she almost sounded sincere and who was to say she wasn't. 

Adriana watched Rhia walk away. As soon as she was out of ear shot Adriana turned to Vayne.

"If you're looking for potencial, keep an eye on her. From want I've seen around the school, she might have what it takes..." she commented cooly.

"She certainly has self control...I wouldn't mind testing her more..."  

"Here!" she called out. When she saw Est come into view, she spoke up again. "Ah, Est, I'm sorry to hear about your brother's death, or was it your sister? Your voice was garbled on the phone." she asked with a sympathetic tone. The statement was more for any listening ears though. 

"I should go get that report. If you wish to come...?" she asked giving them a reason to move away from the entrance.

~

"We won't know if we don't head to his place I suppose." Natalya said absent mindedly. She had her phone in her hand and she looked slightly worried.

"My parents are going to bed..." she put her phone away.

"They will find a way to ask you about tonight you know..." she said quietly as she look out at the horizen.

((There, a way for Rhia to get noticed by Vayne.))

((yeah i am slightly unlucky at the moment))

"yeah it was my brother. at least he died peacefully. yeah sure i'll acoompany you if that's ok. good opportunity to catch up with my nephew, haven't seen him for a while."

For some reason est decided to ruffle vaynes hair. he knew he would regret it later but he couldn't resist the urge to do it.

The moment Est touched his head Vayne was more than willing to slice his arm off, but he managed to control and surpress the impulse. He had seen displays of such affection before and knew it was nothing more than part of the uncle and nephew ruse. Est had better not forget who was giving the orders though.

He had watched Avon leave, but that didn't mean she or someone else wasn't still watching. When Rhia wondered if Avon also had potential he nodded, but it was hard to tell this far from the temple. He would need to find more orbs to increase his influence and power.

"We have to find that orb" he hissed. "If it had been found, where would such a thing be put?"

Est shrugged

"i have no idea. if they knew what it was, which i doubt they do, i would say that it was in a safe. but other than that i have no idea where it would be"

Est turned to look at Vayne

"shall we go asearching then? nephew"

"In a safe? You mean a safe place? The orbs can not be damaged, but it is good that people are not taking the risk."

He looked up the corridor and then back down behind him. What would be considered a 'safe' place?

Adriana kept a straight face but her eyes danced with laughter when Est ruffled the avatars hair..

"If I put something so valuable in a safe, it would be in a bank. Or if someone found this orb thing and didn't trust anyone but themeselves to keep it I would be ordering a reenforced safe..." she glance at the two then walk down the hall. She took out her keys when she get to her room and unlocked the door.

"Surely there would be records somewhere?"

Edited by evangeline5432

((Vayne never said 'temple', just thought it.))

"Bank? Reinforced safe? Like very safe?"

Vayne was starting to feel confused now, a feeling he did not like to experience personally. So much in this world had changed that it was going to be a struggle to keep up. Thankfully he was a fast learner, but he would need to get his hands on the information first.

"well supposedly very safe. nothing a few high explosives can't deal with. but yes verey safe."

7) I'm trying to keep this semi-lit, so if the majority of your posts are at least four sentences long, I'd be very grateful :3

((Ahem.))

Vayne glared at Est, well aware that there was something he didn't know. He wasn't too sure what explosives were either. But all of this talk wasn't finding his orb.

"So where do we look?" he growled.

Seeing Vayne's confusion she shook her head.

"Exactly when is the last time you were out in civilization...?" she sighed and answered him patiently.

"A safe is this box shaped thing that's usually made out of very hard metal with a hallow inside. They are hard to get into so people store valuables in them. Banks are very secure buildings where money and valuables are stored. Usually these buildings called banks will have very big safes." she walk into her classroom and grabbed a file out of her desk. Walking out of the room she closed and locked the door behind her. She walked to the reception desk and grabbed a small stack of papers.

"You wish to go to this school, yes?"

"Since before you were born" answered Vayne simply and honestly. It didn't appear that she had heard him though, as she vanished through a nearby door and returned a moment later with a stack of papers.

Vayne didn't really like the idea of attending a school, he already knew more about hunting and fighting than anyone could ever teach, but there were other things to to consider. They might not find the orb tonight, they didn't even seem to know were to begin, and maybe this place of learning could help him.

"I suppose so."

Adriana nodded and handed the stack of papers to Est.

"Fill these out and turn them in tomorrow. I will tend to what else needs to be done. And since Vayne's IDs were destroyed in the terrible fire, we can still find him some replacements." She eyed both while sha waited.