Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

((I can't listen to music at work D:))

"Perhaps" replied Vayne. "The Powers That Be will not make our quest easy. There may be puzzles, or monsters for us to do battle with. Each one will be different and I doubt we will be able to prepare in advance."

He climbed into Est's car and buckled himself in like Adriana had shown him.

((ah damn. the first two lines of the lyrics of the chorus are "good morning world this is your wake up call. a thousand deaths for you to die before you fall" for some reason i thought that would appeal to vayne))

"so basically we improvise" est said as he revved up the car and moved off. "i can do that. should make things interesting. it wouldn't be any fun if it were easy"

est then took off at speed towards the temple.

"Basically" agreed Vayne.

He looked out of the window as Est drove along, noting all the strange buildings that he now knew were called 'shops'. The idea was that instead of making your own clothes or hunting your own food, you could simply buy them from someone else, provided you had the money. The time saved would then allow you to do something else. That must be the key to the human's progession. Boredom.

((Shall I have Adriana go to the temple to give Vayne his information?))

{{Hooray, it's daytime. Time for a Rhia post.}}

Rhia Avon

The sun was uncomfortably painful as it lanced through the curtains and shone on her eyes. Rhia opened her eyes, and then sat up quickly. She felt groggy, and would have preferred to snuggle back under her warm, soft covers, but instead she rose and headed into the bathroom. She quickly showered, and then got dressed in the clothes she would be wearing for the day. She tried to brush both her hair and her teeth at the same time, but it ended up as a failure. Wearing a tired, maniac expression, Rhia sat down at her table with a bowl of her favorite sugary cereal and quickly ate the whole lot. Even after her hot shower and cold meal, she still didn't feel awake enough to interact with human beings. She yawned loudly, and her eyes watered. She headed out the door and started to walk in the street. The morning was very nice, but still, it would be better if she actually felt conscious.

ON:

Leaving Natalya at her house Faye drove back towards the temple under the cover of darkness, musing on the fact that despite the late hour she felt fully rested and ready to carry on with the work ahead. It was probably adrenaline she reasoned; not every day one got roped into taking a lead role in the latest chapter of an ages-long war. She was still unsure what being in charge really meant - surely more than just giving her teenage companion lifts around town - but she had to have some faith and hope that the answer came to her before something serious occurred.

She was also worried about who her counterparts may be; this place wasn't that big a town and everyone ran into everyone else eventually. While none of her small group of friends struck her as being the typical 'bad guy,' Faye didn't exactly imagine herself of being a paladin when she woke up that morning. But life had a funny habit of throwing curve-balls from time to time; the cane resting on the passenger seat was a constant reminder of that fact.

Parking in the near-deserted space near her temple Faye pulled out her backpack, which now contained the orb as well as the print-outs from the database before swiftly moving through the temple for Delucin's chamber. Pushing the massive doors to the chamber open she called out her patron's name softly.

OFF

-Post by Faye.

((No, thank you biggrin.gif. But I remember Kestra debating having a warrior of darkness too.))

For lack of better things to do and to keep himself from interfering with Faye and Natalya, Delucin had returned to playing flute once again.

His name, softly spoken on the wind by his primal warrior was like the ring of a bell.

The flute fell from his hand and Delucin jumped up beaming and called "Faye!" as if he expected her on the door to his inner sanctum.

She wasn't there he realized a moment later. But she was at the temple entrance and with her...

'Faye' He said once again, this time mentally into her mind 'You managed to get the orb.' His joy was woven all through his mindvoice, warm and bright like sunlight.

'I knew that I had choosen aright with you and Natalya! Well done, my Faye! There is hope for all of us now.'

He paused a moment, then he continued.

'Ask the temple to bring you to the seals and place the orb on an empty one, please'

Edited by Laura-Lana

((hiya sorry haven't posted in a bit. stupid guys "fixing" our broadband instead nd as a result have had literally no internet for almost a week but they've reconnected it now))

Est pulled up infront of the temple.

"there we are Mr. Vayne. no tip is nessecary this trip is on the house"

He grinned.

"anything else or shall i go now?"

((I just waiting until it's time to wake Natalya up.

I am wondering, did the warriors need as much sleep as other people??))

Adriana jolted awake, she looked over at the clock and saw she'd been able to grab a couple hours of sleep. Adriana slipped out of her bed and got changed into more sutible clothes. Since she wasn't that hungry, she grabbed a energy bar and a bottle of tea before packing up her laptop. She slip the iPad with all the information into the bag along with the laptop and headed to the door. Doing a quick checklist, she made sure she had everything before setting the alarm and headed to her car. The woman unlocked her car and popped the trunk. After she placed the bag into the back, she made her way to the front of the car and opened the door. Sliding into the seat, she shut the door, started up the engine, then she pulled out of the driveway and drove down the street. Her destination? The Temple of the Dusk.

"Do as you like" said Vayne climbing out of the car. "Just be around when I need you."

He stopped before he shut the door and thought for a moment.

"I have thought of a task for you. Get me one of those devices that allow you to communicate with each other quickly. A cell phone was it called?"

((OOC: I have always written characters with regenerative abilities as requiring less sleep - sleep's main function is micro-repair and resting the body and mind, but if you have an ability that continually repairs your physical body then sleep would therefore be less of a requirement. You would still need the mental rest at some point, but certainly I doubt they would need the same 8hrs/day the rest of us do. Depending on the regen ability I normally go for 4 - 6hrs sleep required. -KM))

ON:

With a nod, Faye asked the temple out loud to show her the way to where the seals were before continuing down the corridor. Although she felt a little subconscious about talking to an empty tunnel of rock, be it because it was alive or simply enchanted she knew the temple would still somehow understand and guide her to where the seals could be found - and undoubtedly would be far from the beaten track.

Readjusting her backpack Faye focused her thoughts on Delucin again. 'I have also managed to bring a copy of all the dig records that could possibly relate to other orbs,' she told her sire. 'I think it would be best if we could sit down and go through them all; if it turns out we're already recovered other orbs I would prefer to find them before our counterparts do.'

The tunnel weaved and turned as she followed it without question, and before long she found herself at the seals.

((Tag: Delucin for a description of the seals.))

OFF

-Post by Faye.

((K, thanks Kestra. ^^))

Adriana's car pulled up beside Est's vehicle. She turned the car off, opened the door, and stepped out of the car. She heard Vayne's last request but said nothing. She went to the trunk and pulled out the papers. Slinging the strap of the bag over her shoulder, Adriana pulled out a ID that read "Vayne Damien Estarinuta" while she walked up behind Vayne and waited for him to finish whatever conversation he was having with Est.

((I would agree generally though I'd think 2-4 hours would be more appropriate. There are people who go with 6 hours sleep naturally.))

The Temple lead Faye into the direction of the inner sanctum, but from a different angle then she had been before. If she had had a map she would have seen that she ended on the wall opposite the doors which allowed entrance to the sanctum.

Two glowing orbs were embetted in something that looked like suns in glory. Those seals seemed to be made from shimmering gold, flaming ruby and blinding diamonds.

At first it would look as if those where the only one but if one took a closer look one saw more seals, arranged like a star with the other two. Those held no orbs and the colours were faded and brownish and didn't seem to have anything to do with precious metals and gems.

Edited by Laura-Lana

"i call them mobile phones, or mobiles for short, but i know what you mean. yeah sure i can get you one of those."

Est went to get out of the car but at the last minute seemed to remember something and rummage in the glove box of his car.

"in fact, here you can take this one." est produced a spare mobile phone which he kept in his glove box and handed it to Vayne. "i rarely need my spare anyway"

Est spotted Adriana waiting. "Oh hi there. how are you?"

Adriana looked over at Est. 

"Hello, Estarinuta. I've come to let you know that your nephew-" she glanced at Vayne, inclining her head slightly. "-has been accepted into the school." she handed the ID to Est along with his documents. 

"Vayne will need the ID for school but you'll need to keep hold of the documents. Don't loose them." she said.

Adriana eyed the cell that Est had handed to Vayne.

"You should put our numbers on speed dial and then show him how to use it, Estarinuta." she said meeting the other warrior's gaze. 

After a moment, Adriana looked at Vayne.  

"I have the info you wanted. Well, half of it. Someone will have to go check the files that haven't been entered into the data base to get the rest..." she looked down at her watch. They still had some time before she had to go to the school and prepare.

"One last thing..." she reached into the back pocket of her jeans and pulled out a sheet of paper.

"This is a list of stuff you'll need...also, do you have different attire you can wear? You will stick out like a sore thumb dressed like that."

~

Natalya's rolled over and hit the snooze button on her alarm clock. She yawned and stretched her arms before climbing out of bed. With a sudden rush, she remembered what had happened to her last night. Had it really happened? She wasn't sure...in the meantime she decided to go take a shower and get ready for the school day.   

Edited by evangeline5432

"his parents would have been so proud to see him get into this school." Est said in a mock sad voice whilst pretending to wipe away a tear. He took the documents from adriana.

"i'll keep these safe at home."

Est took the phone from vayne, "my numbers already in this. i'll just programme yours in then put them both on speed dial. right, done. ok." He quickly showed vayne how to make and recieve calls and texts on the mobile before handing it back along with the ID.

"right if you want we can go and get you the stuff on that list now Vayne. along with a change of clothes. Adriana's right, you cannot stay looking like that."

Edited by shric debar

ON:

Stepping into the room Faye paused, taking in the chamber and all the details. If she was successful, and quick, it wouldn't take long to light up the star further - assuming that when she placed an orb in the seal it would light up like the two already present. Pulling the plain-looking orb from her backpack and zipping it up again Faye stepped forward, kneeling at one of the seals adjacent to the one that was already ablaze, placed the orb in it's seal and stepped away.

((Tag: Delucin))

-Post by Faye

((Ware? Is your charrie in the school already?))

The orb sank into the stone as if it were clay. A sound like the chiming of a bell rang out and the orb flared to sudden life. The transformation of the seals was slower. First the shape became more defined. Then ocre turned to yellow, dark brown to red and grey to white. The colours started to shimmer and pulse until yellow was gold, red was ruby and white had become clear diamond.

There were no words from Delucin, but his jubilance engulfed her like a cloak. It was so great it was even spilling over to his other two warriors.

Back in the sanctum Delucin had jumped from his podest and did an impromtu dance. He too full for words, yet couldn't stand still.

'Come to me', he said eventually. 'Show me those documents you found'

((When should I have Natalya arrive at the school? xP))

((I remember a post of him heeding there but not one where he arrived, that's why I asked))

Eventually Delucin stopped his wild dance and calmed down a little. It felt like he had more than doubled his energy even though he knew one orb could have only bestowed half of what he had already. But then again that power he had already shared to the breaking point with his warriors.

He settled down on the podest to wait for Faye and while he did so his mind power casually touched his other two warriors.

Suddenly Delucin froze.

'Syth! Where are you? There is an other orb nearby!'

Edited by Laura-Lana

(I'm waiting for people to arrive at the school, do you want me to controll the actual school? As in the bells for teachers and students and such? I was going to once people started to arrive, but better check)

Natalya had just getting dress and going down the stairs when a sudden wave of joy washed over her. It was so intoxicating that Natalya blinked in surprise. Her mother was walking upstairs when Natalya paused. There was conversation exchanged for awhile before she realized what time it was. She ran down stairs, the joyful feeling now gone and forgotten. She ate a quick breakfast and just barely made it out to the car before her dad left.

After a decently quiet trip, she arrived at the school. The girl was early then the other students of course. Miss Berry had asked for her help and Natalya had agreed to come, decently early then most of her fellow students.. With a quick hug and goodbye, she grabbed her backpack and walked toward the school entrance...