Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

(xd.png does too.)

For Syth, the moment when he glowed with the mist, a breeze seemed to blow past him, and he blinked. Gazing down at his hand, he felt something new in his body. And then he blinked and touched his cheek.

“It’s healed!” he said, not sure what to take of this new turn of events. He got powers as well? Turning back to Delucin he gazed over him once more, and then smiled.

“Wind, I kind of like the sound of that.” Gazing down at his hand again he clenched it, and for a moment imagined why he had been given this power. He quickly pushed that out of his mind and returned to the looking at his new; well friend didn’t exactly cover it.

“I guess I should be giving you the respect then, not the other way around.” He paused, deciding on just plain Delucin.

“So…what do you need?”

(( Sorry Laura. I was just having a hard time thinking of stuff so I kinda just threw it out there.))

Jordan

Jordan led the way out of the hallway and into the living room which branched off into a bedroom, bathroom, and kitche. In the living room there were two chair and a couch in front of a tv and beside that a desk with a silver safe under it. "Please have a seat." He said as he gestured to the couch before kneeling in front of the safe and trying to recall the safe combination. After he few trys without success he turned to the two. "Ummmm...... well it doesn't seem like I can recall the dial combination right now. Maybe if you will come back in the morning when my mind is right we can try again." Jordan told the two girls before adding. "Why the sudden recall anyway?"

ON:

Faye remained standing despite the invitation and her aching ankle, aware that she was giving an impression of impatience. This wasn't a social call, her body language seemed to say, but business, and not time for a drink. The house felt fairly deserted and despite the abundance of furniture in the front room she couldn't help but feel that perhaps it was not all used as regularly as Jordan would hope. He had his friends and undoubtedly had get-togethers just like anyone else but she had heard on the grapevine he was single and lived alone. Still, Faye stood next to the sofa so that she could keep an eye on the doorway, unconsciously standing protectively before Natalya again.

Knowing that a lie could be easy to be caught out in, but an adaptation of truth was more reliable, she answered smoothly, "There's been some problems up at the dig sites involving thefts and displacements of certain artifacts," she began. "We've been asked to bring in and account for certain categories of artifacts by sunrise, pretty much, and the one that was loaned to you falls into one of the categories. I thought it would be best if I came over and spoke with you rather than one of the main auditor teams - you know how unsympathetic they can be."

Again, not quite a lie; Delucin had warned them that his counterpart had already dispatched his own warriors to search for the orbs, and it was certainly best for Jordan that he not end up being on the receiving end of a group of Dark-inspired warriors. Faye had no intention of forcing him or hurting him, but the same couldn't be said if her own counterpart was a 'bad guy' in any definition.

"Why not grab a glass of water and take five minutes to clear your head?" she continued. "I don't want to see you in trouble Jordan, be it because you didn't hand the artifact in on time or because another team decided to call on you. We can wait a little while."

OFF

-Post by Faye

Jordan

Jordan felt like something was off with a random audit without any heads up but he didn't really think about it much as he went into the kitchen to get himself a glass of water. "Are you sure you don't want a glass of water?" He called from the kitchen as he tried to figure out why there were two girls standing in his living room, one that was his collegue while the other was a girl that didn't even look 18 yet. "So I know this is a audit but why so late at night. Couldn't this wait till the sun was at least up?" He asked as he started to get more sober and started thinking clearly.

Natalya followed Faye into the living room and silently watched the two. She wondered if Jordan truly didn't remember the code, but then why would he lie? When Jordan walked to the other room, Natalya gently brushed up against Faye trying to ease the woman's discomfort with her new found power.

"No thank you Jordan, I'm fine" she called out softly.

"Both of us have to be at the school tomorrow. By the time Faye and I finish it will be too late to get the artifact back to the others. We had to do this tonight." she glanced at the watch on her wrist for emphasis.

"Have you seen the two orbs that are on the seals at the entrance of the temple? Most of my power is locked in the temple. With each orb placed on a seal more returns to me. What I need the most right now is more orbs being placed on the seals. And even more important to prevent my counterpart from finding more of his own. His name is Vayne by the way and what I didn't manage to tell you yet is that he has already more orbs then me. I am not quite sure how many but I know he has the advantage. If he manages to regain his full power while I am still trapped here he'll just annihilate me and then the world will be his with no one to oppose him.

Other than that - follow the good in your heart. Everytime you make someone happy or comfort them when they are sad it's a victory for us and a loss for Vayne."

He did not ask him to find more Warriors. It was no longer a priority. Delucin was feeling pretty drained. Even without leaving his temple he doubted he could maintain the power for many more warriors. Maybe one more. Two at the most.

Syth nodded once, and asked “Any idea where to look?” He paused, thinking back on the history of what he knew about the sites. He hadn’t been told much, but maybe there was something in his newspaper.

“You mentioned someone names Faye. I guess my first move would be to find her and find out what we know so far. Do you know where she is?” he inquired. He thought back on the newspapers he had thrown out, and wondered if he should have kept them. He decided not, there had been no point to at the time. He glanced to his watch and noticed the time.

“I’m going to be tired tomorrow” he mused to himself before turning his attention back to Delucin. He paused for a moment before deciding on a simple bow.

“Thank you for the-ah, gifts you have bestowed” he spoke, unsure if this was what he was supposed to do. Thanking was the right thing though, but there was more to the ‘gifts’ then just receiving them. He discarded the thoughts from his head for now, straightening up and returning his eyes to Delucin.

'Never fear, my warrior' Delucin said into his mind 'I'll be with you all steps of the way.'

"Meeting Faye is a good idea", he said out loud. "And you should meet Natalya too. Since I can not leave this place and help you outside I have given her my healing ability. But I think that has time until tomorrow.

Natalya and Faye are right now working at securing one of the orbs. I know vaguely where a second one is located. From north to south it's in the middle of both temples, but from west to east its closer to the temple of dusk then to mine."

Syth was surprised when he spoke into his mind. He hadn’t expected it, but it made some sense.

“Alright, I will go and meet up with them tomorrow.” He nodded as he mused over the directions. There were only a few buildings it could be in that area, so hopefully he could find it during his classes. He would help, but he had to keep his job after all.

“I am pretty sure I know where to look. I will have a look around when I am doing my job, being a teacher I have more access then students do.” He paused, considering where he would not have access. There were a few places; he would have to find a way to check them.

“I’ll check the newspapers as well, but for now I could really use a good nights sleep, would you mind telling me the way out?”

((heya guys i'm afraid i might be a bit inactive for a while as my internet is on the fritz. i barely have internet at the moment so i can't get online. sorry))

((Thank you for the heads up Shric. In that case I would like to appoint a new caretaker for Vayne in your absence. Anyone interested in the role?))

Vayne took the papers and walked into the nearest classrooms. The furniture was very strangley laid out in her. Rows of little tables with chairs that suggested those seated should all face the same way, save for one larger table at the front of them. It had one chair facing the other way. Presumably it was where the teacher sat, so that they could see all of their students at once.

Walking over to the larger desk Vayne read the papers. They had listed many different questions, many of which Vayne saw little point in. Looking down at the desk he saw more paper, many of which had crude markings on. He picked up one strange cylindecal implement and accidentally pressed the end. A little dart of some kind appeared on the other end and surprised him, which in turn made him drop it. The pen hit the paper and left a mark, similar in colour to the crude markings.

"A implement for written words. Very clever."

Vayne picked up the written word maker and as he presumed he needed to do, started to answer the questions on the form. When he was done he rejoined his warriors and gave the forms to Adriana.

"I am enrolled now?" he asked.

Edited by Fortune86

Adriana watched Vayne with growing interest. She took the papers and started to look through them.

"No, there are a few more things we have to do..." she told him placing the papers down. One thing required was the signature of a legal guardian. Adriana looked around, not seeing Est she sighed with annoyance. She grabbed a pen and recalled the time a document bearing Est's signature had passed by. Taking a pen she turned the page upside down and wrote down his signature.

She did this on a few other pages then stood up.

"You need documents...I know where to get materials but they can be expensive..." she let her words hang and she looked intently at Vayne.

~

"Perhaps you have the code written down somewhere?" Natalya asked

Edited by evangeline5432

"Gold will not be an issue" explained Vayne. "I have plenty of it."

He hesitated and looked unsure. A lot of things had changed, what if they no longer used gold when bartering? He had passed several people exchanging goods during his travels throughout the village and he had not seen the valuable metal anywhere. They had been using slips of paper instead.

"Is gold still valuable?" he asked.

Adriana started to add the papers together and she put them in her bag. She paused to look at him then she turned back to what she was doing.

"It's been awhile since I've checked the market but depending on the buyer gold will fetch quite a nice price. I know an excellent buyer too...if you give it to me I'll see what I can do." She nodded thoughtfully then walked out of the classroom and beckoned for Vayne to follow before turning off the light.

((She has not met Zatch.))

((The last I saw Zatch was running around on the roof. O.o))

Vayne followed Adriana and watched with interest as she switched off the light. Humans seemed to have put a lot of thought into making things easier for themselves and had grown very knowledgeable over the millenia. Light you could control? Little writing implements that did not need seperate ink pots? Ingenious.

"We shall return to my Temple" he said once in the corridor. "You can take as much gold as you need."

I will also be able to see if you are a suitable warrior or not he thought to himself.

Adriana shut the classroom door behind her and locked it.

"Temple? Oh. Rriiiight. I forgot..."

She shut down the lights throughout the school then once she had made sure everyone was out, she locked up. ((Will edit if Rhia is still there. xd.png)) The woman walked toward her vehicle, unlocked it, then gestured for Vayne to climb in.

"Which, uh...temple is yours now? And will Est and that man I saw creeping about be coming with us or not?"

"The Temple of Dusk. It is not far from here. As for my warriors, I believe they will follow at their own speed."

He glared warily at the contraption Adriana opened and climbed into. He had seen them moving around the roads in the village. but he could never see what powered them. They had four wheels, similar to a cart or chariot, but no horses. Maybe this was yet another advancement of man. If they could bend light to their will, they must have other secrets as well. He would need to learn and do so quickly.

He realised Adriana was waiting for him to climb inside as well and cautiously followed suit.

((You'll need to tell him about seat belts.))

((Whatever for? o3o))

Adriana looked over at Vayne and frowned. She reached over and buckled his seatbelt then did the same to hers.

"These keep you from getting injured badly if we were to get into a car wreak. Anytime you get in a car, make sure to buckle yourself in." she paused.

"This thing is called a car by the way." she told him then she started up the engine. There was a soft "vroom" as she pulled out of the parking lot. Temple of dusk? Guessing where the temple was located based on it's name, she programmed her GPS and then started driving.

((Hope you don't mind? I can always edit.))

As soon as the arrived at the temple, Adriana parked her car and gazed at the temple with surprise. She had never been this close and she had never known it was so big.

"What are we doing here again...?"

((Monkeyboy, have Jordan remember the code but then insist on coming with them.))

((ooh internet appears to be working at the moment))

Est appeared aroud the corner in his car, an old style black ford mustang (like KITT from the original knight rider), and pulled to a stop beside Vayne and adriana. He got out the car

"ah so you're here already. sorry i suddenly disappeared earlier. had matters to attend to which couldn't be left"

Est turned to the entrance of the temple and started to make his way inside. "you coming?"

"Who the hell are you?"

A guard from the temple had seen the cars arrive and was pointing his gun at Vayne as he climbed out of the car. The avatar had had a little trouble undoing the strange belt, but had managed to figure out the trick with the button.

He glared up at the guard, who was standing further up the stairs, and then threw out his hand. The guard was picked up off his feet and thrown backwards by the twist in gravity and smacked his head against the temple wall. Vayne watched as he slumped to the ground and remained motionless, but breathing.

"Are people so confident now they no longer watch their surroundings?" he asked as he followed Est inside the temple.

((There you go Vang, someone for you to practise on when you get your powers.))

((Kitt. <3 <3. Don't you mean trans am? rolleyes.gif))

Adriana undid her seatbelt and ran after Vayne. She locked her car then pocketed the keys.

"Nice ride." she told Est, wearily watching Vayne. She had to admit, Vayne was proving that he was what/who he said he was. She kicked at on of the unconscious men as she passed by.

"How did you do that?" she asked following the two guys in front of her.

"Magic" explained Vayne.

Had he been anyone else people might have read this as a flippant answer, but Vayne had no reason to lie. Now that he was back inside the Temple of Dusk, along with the rest of his sealed power the hypers senses he usually possessed flowed back into him.

Now that he could see clearly into Adriana's heart he saw that she would make a perfect warrior. While Est and Zatch could now ander the Temple freely without getting lost she would still need to be guided.

"Come with me" he told her. "I have an proposal for you."

Adriana bit back a reply remembering how Vayne had reacted to her sarcasim last time. She really hoped he planned to explain. The woman had just seen him throw two people into the air so she decided to believe him until otherwise proven.

Though Adriana's instincts told her to run, she continued to follow Vayne and Est quietly.

Edited by evangeline5432

Vayne led his new potential warrior to his throne room in the heart of the temple. The greenish glow from the veins of light cast his face into half shadow as he crossed the bridge towards his throne. The unknown liquid bubbled and spat as he passed over it and stirred mysteriously, as though something unseen was swmming through it.

Sitting down Vayne lookd across the room at Adriana.

"This Temple has been my prison for countless years. It binds me still. In order to free myself I must locate the seal orbs and place them on their altars. In order to accomplish this I allies. Allies I am willing to reward with power beyond anything they have ever dreamed of."

"Join me."

As they entered the room, Adriana's heart skipped a beat. Most of her doubts disappeared but she still had questions.

"What the...??" the woman said softly while she looked around, taking the layout of the room in.

As Vayne started to speak she stepped forward meeting the avatar's gaze.

"If you are so powerful, why do you need me?" she asked knowing that it would not be a good idea to refuse. Refusing would probably gain her a dagger in her back...

"What must I do?"

(( I'm falling asleep.))

Edited by evangeline5432