Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

As Adriana's heart accepted the promise of power her shadow, like Est's and Zatch's had done, rose out of the floor and took on a more solid appearance. Silently but with great speed it stabbed her through the back with abnormally long fingers and pierced her heart, acting as a conduit for the power flowing from the temple and into her body.

Vane leaned forward and grinned in anticipation. He had no idea how the brat had faired in finding his own warriors, but now he had three. Unfortunatly he feared that he would not be able to support many more, not without unlocking more of his powers.

Adriana's shadow fell back to the pulsing floor and resumed its normal appearance. Vayne watched his new warrior greedily, wanting to see how she reacted to the power now coursing through out her.

Adriana's expression was one of surprise. She glared coldly at Vayne wondering if he had brought her there to die, yet when her shadow returned to normal she grimaced. Something was different... The feeling of power...she had tasted it before but never so strongly. The woman stared at the others in shock for a second as she got used to the feeling of her new found power as it coursed through her veins.

Outside, she could now sense the men sleeping, she concentrated on their subconsciouses and their darkest dreams flashed in front of her. When she invoked one of the men's nightmares, a scream echoed through the temple and Adriana smiled with amusement.

"Interesting..." she looked over at Est. She felt another power wanting to creep through his mind but she held back not wanting to risk upsetting the warrior. No sense making this warrior her enemy.

"When I'm done with the two out there they will think Vayne was part of a huge nightmare. But perhaps when they wake, their tongues might decide to spill all. If you can make look like they got drunk on the job, they wouldn't dare open their mouths." she turned her full attention to Vayne.

"If you are going to be enrolled tomorrow, I suggest we proceed."

((Meanwhile, Phoebe is sleeping soundly in her bed so she won't fall asleep at work the next day ;3))

Vayne nodded in response. Enrolling at the school would have duel purposes. It would allow him to search for the orb during the day without causing suspicion and it would also teach him more about this strange new era he had found himself in. During his absence humans had advanced more than he could ever have thought and he was eager to see more. What other wonders had they come up with?

He stood up and walked back across the floor towards Adriana. He stood in front of her, much shorter than he would have liked, and stared straight up into her eyes, the greenish light casting odd shadows across his face.

"I will take you to the gold now."

Adriana looked down at the boy, it didn't feel quite right to be looking down at someone who was so powerful. She met his gaze, somehow she felt almost calmed by the darkness that lay there.

"Lead the way." she looked at him with curiosity.

"You never answered my question. Why do you need me?"

((Kestra, Laura, can we pretty please knock out Jordan? tongue.gif Or have something fall on his head?? Natalya has to get to bed soon. rolleyes.gif))

((I was teasing. =) I am hardly ever serious about such things.))

"I need allies to help me achieve my goals" explained Vayne as he stepped past Adriana. "In this form I am weak and near powerless, at least compared to my true strength. I have to recruit those whose hearts lay closest to my own in order to survive and to deal with the brat once and for all."

He stepped out of the throne room and into the dark labyrinthe corridors. Vayne waited a moment to see if Adriana was following and then moved on. A few corners later he approached some stairs leading down into sheer darkness. This staircase would never be found by anyone who hadn't aligned themselves with Vayne and therefore anything that lay down there would have been left undisturbed since he was sealed away.

"Down here."

Adriana stood where she was for a few seconds before she ran to catch up with Vayne.

"The brat? I assumed you had some enemy but brat doesn't exactly tell me who we're up against..." she said as they turned yet another corner.

"And how are you supposed to gain your strengh back?" she asked partially wondering that if this was what he called a weak state right now, what would he be like at full power?

As they walked the through the place, Adriana realized how truely big this place was.

"One could get lost down here," she thought aloud.

"The brat is my counterpart" hissed Vayne, as though the very thought of it disgusted him. "While I am all that lies in the darkness of the heart, he is the light. He wishes to destroy me and end my reign, leaving him the sole ruler of the human heart. This I can not allow."

He glared up at Adriana, his eyes blazing with fury.

"Like me he was sealed away, as our last war escalted too greatly. I have no doubt he is doing the same as I and searching for the orbs and those who would aid him in his quest. They are our enemies. We must find the orbs and destroy his warriors."

Adriana followed Vayne down the stairs. She looked at him calmly even though his glare unsettled her.

"I see," she said thoughtfully.

"Have you ever tried called a "truce" with this...avatar of light? It would make...discovering those who do his bidding easier." she said with certain malice lacing her words. Quietly she wondered where exactly Vayne was taking her.

"There is no truce to be made" explained Vayne turning away and walking down into the darkness. "I am not human. I do not have the same choices that your kind have. I am what I am and will never change."

Adriana looked at Vayne with renewed wonder.

"Oh." she said simply and then proceeded to follow him in silence for a few more minutes. This would defintely by an interesting boss(liege lord?) to work for, that was for certain.

"My blade is yours." she finally said breaking the silence.

"Now lets get this work done, shall we? It's getting late."

It wasn't until Vayne's foot touched the floor of the level below when the veins of greenish light throbbed into activity. They flowed from where he stood across the walls and ceiling into the distance, revealing a room that must span out under the entire temple. It was full of gold.

Vayne stepped away from the staircase, which had led right into the center of the treasure room. Here only the light above illumented the precious metal and one lone figure sitting on the ground, holding a sword and crude wooden shield. Vayne hunched down next to it and gently lifted up the helmet to reveal a face of bone.

"My first warrior" he said mostly to himself, as if the mountains of gold around him were nothing of note. "He was very loyal and truely belived in our cause. It appears even after I was sealed away he did not wish to abandon me."

Standing up again he re-lowed the face of the helmet and gently patted the dead warrior on the head before turning his attention to Adriana.

"Will this be enough?" he asked, looking around at the gold surrounding them.

Adriana heart skipped a beat and a surprised look covered her face. When he had said that he had some gold, she had pictured a handfull. Quickly she compossed herself and followed Vayne staying a foot behind. The woman looked at the remains of the first warrior then back at Vayne.

"First warrior...?" she asked quietly, marvelling at the beauty of the room.

"Will this be enough?!" she looked at him with disbelief. It occured to her that he didn't realise what he had.

"Vayne, this will be way more then enough. The price of all this stuff has risen a whole bunch since last time you were out." she walked over and picked up a handful of rough gold pieces.

"This will more then pay for your registration fees, and the supplies to make your documents..." she told him.

"Uh, which way is out?" she asked him curiously.

Having no idea anyway how much these documents would cost Vayne would not suspected much if Adriana had needed more. As it was she took only a handful and seemed to be content.

"The only way in or out of this room is the stairs" he explained, nodding towards them. "Only those who have pleged their allegiance to me may tread on them safely."

He approached the stair case and gestured to his warrior to follow. The sooner he was enrolled the sooner he could start looking for the orb.

Adriana took out a coin purse and filled it with the gold. She was tempted to take more for herself but she preferred earning her money. Being rich made you lazy not to mention well known. Something she did not want.

Remember that Vayne would need some new clotes as well, she grabbed a few more coins, no more then what he would need. The woman then broke her gaze away and walked quickly after Vayne.

"Allons-y." she said.

((Wha?))

The two of them walked back up the stairs and the greenish lights in the treasure faded out. For a few moments they were once more bathed in complete darkness until the lights from the corridor above came into view.

"How quickly will you be able to get these documents?" he asked Adriana when they returned to the upper level of the Temple.

((Allons-y translates to Let's Go in French))

With one last glace Adriana followed Vayne back to the main floor.

"It depends. There is no rushing this. They have to be perfect otherwise someone will spot that it's a fraud. We also have to create fake records..." she mused quietly.

"Come, we should get on this done." she told him and started to walk for the exit.

((I'm waiting for Kestra to post before I post again.))

((There's nothing to be said - we're waiting on Jordan to open the safe or keeping arguing.))

Natalya followed Faye into the living room and silently watched the two. She wondered if Jordan truly didn't remember the code, but then why would he lie? When Jordan walked to the other room, Natalya gently brushed up against Faye trying to ease the woman's discomfort with her new found power.

"No thank you Jordan, I'm fine" she called out softly.

"Both of us have to be at the school tomorrow. By the time Faye and I finish it will be too late to get the artifact back to the others. We had to do this tonight." she glanced at the watch on her wrist for emphasis.

((Natalya already answered his question. smile.gif))

Syth was surprised when he spoke into his mind. He hadn’t expected it, but it made some sense.

“Alright, I will go and meet up with them tomorrow.” He nodded as he mused over the directions. There were only a few buildings it could be in that area, so hopefully he could find it during his classes. He would help, but he had to keep his job after all.

“I am pretty sure I know where to look. I will have a look around when I am doing my job, being a teacher I have more access then students do.” He paused, considering where he would not have access. There were a few places; he would have to find a way to check them.

“I’ll check the newspapers as well, but for now I could really use a good nights sleep, would you mind telling me the way out?”

((Me: Sorry for vanishing again. Too much work.

Delucin: Well it doesn't surprise me if Vayne can't change, but I certainly can. I remember a time when I thought that abdomination was my friend. *sniffs* And I don't care if he wants a truce or not. There won't be one until he takes the darkness away from the humans. Would a mother call a truce with a monster allowing it to torture her children without doing anything against it?))

"You are one of my sacred warriors now. This temple is my prison, but it is also part of me, because it is trapping almost all of my powers in itself. And my power knows you. Just think where you want to go and it will lead you there. The spells that will prevent visitors to come to me will be useless against my chosen."

Delucin had no idea if there was a limit to the what the Powers that Be could do or if they had granted him this at least, but he didn't care. He was just glad that his warriors could walk freely through his temple.

(THank GOD)

Syth thanked him and paused, wondering how he was supposed to farewell someone like him. She decided to simply smile and wave goodbye. "Thanks again, I guess we'll keep in touch" He paused, and then turned and made his way through the labarinth. He thought of the exit, and followed the signs untill he was outside. He glanced over to see the dog gazing at him from the window, and smiled warmly. Then, turning toward his car, he made his way eventually to his home.

((Allons-y translates to Let's Go in French))

With one last glace Adriana followed Vayne back to the main floor.

"It depends. There is no rushing this. They have to be perfect otherwise someone will spot that it's a fraud. We also have to create fake records..." she mused quietly.

"Come, we should get on this done." she told him and started to walk for the exit.

((Vayne: Don't start brat, or when we next meet I'll take that flute of yours and shove it where not even your light shines.))

Following his newest warrior out Vayne took a moment to check the location of the orb he had sensed. It was definitely in the area of the school, but where? It might not even be in the school, but under it, buried long ago in the earth and stone. That would cause even greater problems.

"When does school start?" he asked Adriana out loud. "I wish to resume looking for my orb as soon as possible."

((Okay, I just want to confirm that at the moment there are two 'active' orbs. The one at the school and the one that Jordan has. I'm willing to let the light warriors take Jordan's orb as a freebie, but only that one. The others must be found and in most cases, won.

Also, where are my other warriors?))

((We get it for free? Woha! I admit I had wondered why you hadn't sent your warriors yet.

*pokes monkeyboy* post please! And don't forget to let Jordan demand to accompany them.

Delucin: Don't bother making useless threats. When next we met, I'll kill you and free the world from your evilness.))

Delucin gave a cheery wave back and followed Syth to the entrance of the inner sanctum. He couldn't go farther. He'd need at least one more orb to be able to roam all of his temple freely.

He watched Syth until the darkness had swallowed him then sat down on his podest watching him trough his mind until he had reached his home.

((Due to fractured time it is going to become morning in the area around the temple of Dawn in the next five minutes.))