Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

((What's wrong with Vayne's clothes? He stole some modern day ones in my first IC post D:))

Vayne took the mobile phone from Est and watched carefully as he was shown how to use it. It was remarkable that contacting another person was no so quick these days, no matter how far away they were. Vayne was used to distant messages taking weeks to arrive, now it could all happen in uder half a minute.

When Adriana stepped forward and gave him the information he had requested she mentioned something he had not heard before. Leafing through the pages she had given him he asked what she meant.

"What is a database?"

(I'm waiting for people to arrive at the school, do you want me to controll the actual school? As in the bells for teachers and students and such? I was going to once people started to arrive, but better check)

((Sorry Ware, missed this.

You can do if you like, but other people can as well if they need to get the story moving.))

(No probs)

Syth smiled warmly as a feeling of immense joy washed over him. He sipped his coffee and glanced out the window. He flinched as a voice talked to him. It was the kid god thing, Delucin, he cursed himself silently for forgetting the name before standing up in one fell movement.

‘An orb, that’s the thing you wanted right? Give me a second’ he thought-spoke, or so he hoped. He glanced around rapidly, gazing around for some kind of orb-like thing. Another teacher noticed him and smiled gingerly and asked what was wrong. He chuckle and said his coffee was cold and he was thinking of getting a new one, but had then seen the time. The teacher chuckled, and then left for her class.

‘I’m at the local school Del-ucin’ he forced himself to word the full name in his through-speak. He tipped the remainder of his coffee down the drain and rinsed the cup before heading toward his class.

‘I’ll keep an eye out for it during school, and search for it once the students have left for the night. If you want the –ah- other guardians to come and search, if they don’t belong to the school tell them to come back at around 4.’ Blinking as he glanced at the clock again he quickly walked toward his class. The bell was due in ten minutes, and he was due to class in five.

“Hey Mr Everfree, slime ball!” screeched a kid behind him. All the other kids ducked and he turned as it headed for him, catching it with a speed that even surprised him a little. He smirked at the kid and held the slime ball over his head.

“Mwuhahaha, now I have the slime ball, run for your lives!” The kids cried out in exited fright and dashed away. He chuckled as he watched them go, the warm feeling returning to him. Kids may be mischievous and a little cruel at times. But in the end it was only because they didn’t know that what they were doing was wrong, and scolding them didn’t help, he had learned that long ago. Tossing the slime ball as he headed to class he saw one kid peek from the corridor to see if he still had it. He smiled and half-turned, the kid darted away, giggling as he headed for his class, thinking of ‘revenge’ plots. He walked to his class and unlocked the door and walked inside. He gazed at the empty desks and then put his stuff on the table. He then turned to the board and proceeded to write something on it. Besides, if he took the kid’s mischief, then the other teachers had less to deal with as a whole, and could get on with their job. He smiled to himself once again, he enjoyed their little inventions to try and get him to react. It was the highlight of his day to see them putting what they learned through class, albeit indirectly, and learning to apply it directly. Five minutes left until school started for the day, five minutes until he could try his brand new idea.

‘Delucin, you never went to school did you? I’m not the run of the mill teacher, but I'll do my best to educate you too in what has changed in our world.’

(Syth is a hard character to portray. He's completely different to how I would act. It's hard keeping in his character without turning him into another Moonshine...)

Edited by warewolves

((What's wrong with Vayne's clothes? He stole some modern day ones in my first IC post D:))

((oh yeah sorry forgot about that))

((Yeah, I read that after I made that post but I left it cause if Vayne wears the same set of clothing each day, people will notice.))

Adriana watched as the other warrior handed the phone back to Vayne. She looked warily at the boy, quickly working out how to explain it.

"In the time you've been gone, Vayne, man has drastically improved technology. We've made devices that can store information. Simply put, those are called databases," she looked at her wristwatch.

"If that's it...Sir, I should be getting to the school," she said cooly.

"I trust that your main warrior can help you." she said meeting Est gaze.

"Go" said Vayne. "Maintain your appearances. If I need you, I wil contact you."

He held up his new mobile, indicating that he intended to use it the first chance he got. It was one thing to be shown how to use modern man's technology, but another to use it himself. He was quite looking forward to it.

Turning to Est he motioned to the man to follow him inside before entering the temple. The moment he was in he could feel the pull of the orb at the school. He hated having to leave searching for it until the next day, but at least he need not waste the time. There were other orbs. He could focus on looking for one of them.

He retreated to his throne room and crossed the dark liquid to his throne. Sitting down he grasped the arms and concentrated, closing his eyes.

Est grinned at Adriana.

"how long before he discovers the wonders of prank calling people? ah well. best see what he wants me for. see you around"

Est quickly turned and followed Vayne into the temple.

"You'd better hope not." Adriana raised an eyebrow and shook her head with a sigh.

"Good luck." she said then turned to walk away. She didn't even so much as glance back at the temple as she got into her car and started it up.

When she arrived at the school, she parked and then got out. Popping the trunk, she took out a box of supplies and then headed to her classroom. After unlocking the door, Adriana stepped inside and flipped the light switch. When the woman finished preparing everything, she walked towards the teacher's lounge to get herself a cup of coffee... The woman stopped short when she saw the curious deal between some teacher and a few kids but then as he disappeared into his class, she moved on. Something bugged her but she didn't know what it was.

Classes would start in about five minutes but she wasn't too worried. Her class wouldn't be until after the second bell. Adriana walked into the lounge...

~

((Warewolves, would my other char be helping yours out or attending the class?))

(If you want to, I hadn't planned it so if yes you post first tongue.gif

Edit: probably attending judging by the age of Vayne)

Edited by warewolves

As Vayne sat on his throne in the heart of his Temple he felt his power flow back into him. The deeper inside the Temple he was the more of his true power he could connect with. He cast his mind out into the surrounding land, looking for any sign of an activated orb. After a few minutes he found one and his heart leapt, but he realised the orb was moving. Just as he was realised this meant that it must be in someone's possession he lost it as it crossed the threshold into the Temple of Dawn.

"NO!"

Opening his eyes Vayne leapt to his feet, furious that the brat had managed to find an orb so quickly and snatch it away from under him. Every orb the brat obtained would strengthen him, something Vayne could not allow. He stood there unseeing, imaging the orb being lowered into one of the alcoves in the Temple of Dawn, clenching his fists so hard his fingernails drew blood.

Seeing Est standing nearby Vayne lowered himself back onto his throne and tried to calm himself down. This juvenile body acted too much like that of a true human's, making it harder for him to control his emotions.

"The brat and his warriors have located an orb" he explained taking hold of the throne's arms once again. "The one at the school must be located as quickly as possible."

((Okay peeps, how do you all feel about the opposing warriors meeting up at the next orb location (not the school's)?))

((Agreed. tongue.gif))

Natalya rushed into Syth's class.

"Sorry I'm late, Mr Everfree. Is there anything you need done before everyone gets here?" she asked. With surprise, she noticed that there was something different about the teacher.

"Are you ok?" she asked him quietly.

Edited by evangeline5432

‘Delucin, you never went to school did you? I’m not the run of the mill teacher, but I'll do my best to educate you too in what has changed in our world.’

Delucin beamed and clapped his hands together. 'What a great idea. You are very smart, my warrior.'

The door opened and someone Delucin hadn't expected at all rushed into the class.

"Sorry I'm late, Mr Everfree. Is there anything you need done before everyone gets here? ... Are you ok?"

'He seems fine to me' Delucin said in both of their minds. 'Interesting that the two of you know each other though. Syth, Natalya is one of your fellow warriors and - unless you have time to bring someone to me directly - our healer.

Natalya, Syth is our windwarrior. He has a very soft heart and a lot of compassion. I believe if someone has fallen to the darkness and can be saved it will be he who has the best chances to bring that to pass.

Syth - do you know Faye already, too? '

Edited by Laura-Lana

Syth turned and smiled as he turned toward Natalya, he smiled gently at her and paused as he was getting something out of his drawer as she asked him if he was okay. He turned his head and opened his mouth to answer as Del spoke to him again. He straightened up and rubbed the back of his head.

“Uh, well this is a bit surprising. I can’t say I like the idea that you’ve gotten involved with this, but you are a strong person, you should be fine.”

He chuckled “nice to see you getting into the workforce finally. You can’t hang around me forever you know.” He looked to the roof as he paused for a moment.

“I don’t eh-“he paused and changed his way of answering. ‘I don’t think so, but it’s very possible I’ve seen her around. I won’t know until I see her.

He turned back toward Natalya and smiled “This is great timing, now I can have you search the school for the thing Del-ucin wants under the guise of teacher errand for something.” He went back to drawing on the board as the students began to pile into the class. They had relaxed looks on their faces, but a hidden eagerness to join in most cases.

“Just take a seat for now Nat” he used his nickname for her, “I will send you out for the item as soon as I get class started. You won’t be missing that much, we’re just going to go over that trigonometry junk from last lesson.” Some of the kids rolled their eyes in agreement as he turned back to the board and finished writing up what he had to write.

“Right, so hands up, who doesn’t want to learn this stuff?” he turned to see nearly all hands up.

He chuckled “Alright, hands down because you think it’s boring” nearly all hands fell.

He smiled “Hands down if it’s because you don’t understand it.” All but one hand went down.

“And what about you?” Syth asked, this kid was the joker of the class.

The kid stood up and grinned, “Sorry folks, but I don’t trigging care you onto me?” The kids blinked, and then complained about his lame joke.

“I’m running out of material!” he shrugged. Syth rolled his eyes and began the lesson, handing a note to Natalya to let her go and search the staff room for a stack of books he had hidden in his drawer, as an excuse to have a proper look while most of the teachers were gone.

((warriors meeting up? epic battle?? chance for glory? possible drinking tales?? count me in))

"I would love to just waltz into the school and find the orb. but unfortunately i don't currently have an excuse to go in there and just start randomly poking around the place looking for an orb." est shrugged

"i may be part of the police force but that still doesn't give me liscence to do whatever i want unfortunately. however i could go there tomorrow after everybody has gone and look for it then?""

Natalya smiled back at Syth, she had always liked helping him in class. He was kind to her but she hated how the kids would pick on him. When Delucin's voice echoed in her mind again, she blinked in surprise.

I believe if someone has fallen to the darkness and can be saved it will be he who has the best chances to bring that to pass.

Natalya raised an eyebrow. Delucin had no idea....it was just too bad the kids made fun of him for it...

"Uh, well this is a bit surprising..." Natalya nodded.

"I can’t say I like the idea that you’ve gotten involved with this..."

Natalya looked slightly disappointed at Syth's words but as he continued, she smiled meekly.

"I'll be fine." she told him softly, taking a seat in the corner.

Natalya stood and took the piece of paper from Syth. She walked out of the classroom.

Delucin, where should I look? Natalya asked her patron mentally.

((DarkShadow...?))

Edited by evangeline5432

Delucin found it kind of ironic that Syth worried about Natalya, whom Delucin thought perfect for the job, while he wouldn't have picked Syth himself normally.

Delucin, where should I look?

I have no idea Delucin said, sounding unhappy. I feel it somewhere close. It has to be in this 'school', but I can't pinpoint it exactly.

Maybe there will be something in those 'notes' Faye is bringing me.

Be careful Natalya. If I can feel it than so can Vayne, the avatar of evil. His corrupted warriors will be searching for it too and they won't hesitate to kill you if they get the chance.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((warriors meeting up? epic battle?? chance for glory? possible drinking tales?? count me in))

"I would love to just waltz into the school and find the orb. but unfortunately i don't currently have an excuse to go in there and just start randomly poking around the place looking for an orb." est shrugged

"i may be part of the police force but that still doesn't give me liscence to do whatever i want unfortunately. however i could go there tomorrow after everybody has gone and look for it then?""

"That would take too long" said Vayne. "We must locate and retrieve another orb before then."

He sat back and began to search for another orb, more urgently than he had done so before. Even here in the heart of his Temple it was hard to search the land around him. It was like looking through a tube, only being to see part of it at a time.

Some time had passed before he eventually found the tiny spark he had been looking for. Smiling he opened his eyes and beckoned to Est.

"I have found another orb, but it is very close to the Temple of Dawn. Bring me a map."

(Awwww sad.gifxd.png I shall await it then.

Also Syth suggested the teacher staffroom, that's why he gave her a note to enter there)

"a map? ok just hang on a sec"

est ran out of the temple to his car. he opened the boot of the car and retrieved the map he kept in there. Est quickly made his way back into the temple and handed the map to vayne.

"will this do?"

ON:

Returning to Delucin's chamber Faye smiled at the sight of the old-young boy; although he had stopped whatever celebrations she had felt him undertake a few minutes earlier, the joy and energy was still pouring off of him. He was, in his way, an excitable child - ableit powerful, centuries-old and probably immensely sad and mature despite the personality he portrayed to himself and Natalya. As the doors to the great chamber closed behind her Faye stepped through the chamber, still taken aback by the majesty of Delucin's lair. Reaching where he was on the raised platform - it felt wrong to call it a 'pedestal' in reference to Delucin - Faye nodded to him.

"It's good to see you so happy," she smiled, her voice soft as she pulled the backpack off her shoulders and settled down on the floor. "I pulled off all the records I had on our computer system that could relate to orbs; anything we've found in these two sites are catalogued and their current locations recorded here. If any other orbs have been excavated we'll know about it." She put the pile of paper on the floor beside her, one hand resting on the stack. "But i'll need you to help me identify which ones are just decorative, and which ones could be actual orbs."

OFF

-Post by Faye

"a map? ok just hang on a sec"

est ran out of the temple to his car. he opened the boot of the car and retrieved the map he kept in there. Est quickly made his way back into the temple and handed the map to vayne.

"will this do?"

Vayne took the map from Est and stared at it. It was easy to tell where the Temple of Dawn lay, as his field of influence ran into a mental barrier where it stood. He started trying to compare the orb's location with that of the two temples in conjunction of the distance and direction he could feel it in.

After a few minutes he reached out and put his finger where he believed the orb to be. There was some writing just by his finger.

"What is a museum? Will it be heavily guarded?"