Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

Vayne was not impressed by her tone, so he decided to agree to her request to be 'let up'. Slowly she began to rise from the floor and floated straight past Vayne until she hit the ceiling. Like Zatch had before she floated there like a balloon. Although this time she was no where near high enough to get badly injured should she fall, she could still get hurt. Especially as Vayne stepped directly underneath her and was still holding her knife, now pointed upwards.

"I'm sorry" he said mockingly. "Was that a hint of doubt I detected there?"

Adriana paled as she looked down at Vayne. A few minutes passed as her brain calculated such a possibility. Fear was one emotion she rarely felt, however her self preservation instints work perfectly. She cursed.

"Alright, so you were telling the truth...you expected me to believe such a claim right away?!" she shook her head.

"Let me down please, I can not help you from up here or against the wall. I don't even know if I can help you and threatening me with my own weapon or...some power show won't help. I will assist in whatever way I can..."

Est withdrew one of his daggers from its sheath.

"i can get the information out of her if you want. i can make her tell you whatever you need to know."

He stepped slightly closer to Adriana, brandishing his dagger.

"and i can make it so she won't ever tell anyone else what she's seen or heard. it will look like an accident."

"She's agreed to help" said Vayne. "There is little point in needlessly wasting her life, especially as I believe she has what it takes to join us. I will only be able to tell for sure inside the temple. If she does not, then you can kill her."

Vayne allowed the woman the float back down towards the ground and rotated her slightly so that her feet touched the floor first. He tossed her back her knife once she was set down.

"What is your name?"

Est sheathed his dagger.

"very well. no killing. for now. Besides i never said anything about killing her. But we probably should be moving on inside already incase someone else see's us just standing around out here."

He turned towards the school and started making his way inside.

Edited by shric debar

If Adrian was glad to be back on the floor, she didn't show it. The woman tucked her dagger away and glared at Est.

"Except the fact that if I don't show up to work tomorrow, they will investigate into it, Estarinuta. I am guessing our jobs are similar considering you're weapon..." she took out a set of keys.

"And sometime entry is easier gained when you have a key...now will someone pleae tell me what on earth this is about?!"

"My name is Adriana by the way...Vayne."

Edited by evangeline5432

Est sighed.

"why is everybody assuming i was intending to kill? and yes i do believe i have seen you around at work. Yes entry is easier if you have a key but i appear to have mislaid mine."

Est turned to vayne.

"i guess i'll leave the explaining to you. you're more likely to do a better job of it than me."

"I am looking for my orbs" said Vayne. "It is imperative that I find them, and soon."

He held out his hand and and an orb appeared. It was not the real thing of course, but an illusion. Vayne had thought it would be best if everyone knew what they were looking for.

"Have you seen anything like this around here? I know there is one near by."

((Hint: The answer should be 'no'.))

Est studied the orb for a second, trying to remember if he'd ever seen anything like it.

"i've not seen an orb like that anywhere. but mind you i've never really been into this school so for all i know it might be in there"

Edited by shric debar

Adriana thought for a second.

"No, there has been nothing like that." she was getting ready to say something sarcastic again but thought against it. The woman turned to Est.

"Is he for real?" she asked with a raised eyebrow. Adriana shoved her hands in her pockets still not believing all this 100%..

Est nodded

"yeah i believe so. from what i gather he's been out of society for quite a while. and by a while i mean centuries. he doesn't understand most of modern culture"

he shrugged "i guess we're gonna have to fill him in on a few details as we go along."

"I am not an au pair..." she muttered along with a few other words.

"You will be coming to the school then? I can forge some convincing documents..." she stopped and looked at the boy.

She sighed and shook her head.

"Exactly how old are you and are we planning to just stand here? I have another job." she said the last bit quietly. She took a closer look at Vayne, he look about 16, maybe 17...he seemed to be wearing clothes that didn't perfectly fit him either. They would have to fix that...

"I don't know how old I am" pointed out Vayne. "I have no idea how long I was sealed away."

It didn't really matter to him what year it was anyway. Civilizations lived and died like everything else. Why try to keep track of them? In another thousand years all of this would be forgotten. Again.

"And I am already here. As soon as I get the orb we can leave."

((Does either Est or Zatch want to answer his question about how old the school is?))

ON:

With a nod to Delucin Faye smiled at Natalya and pointed with her cane to the double doors. "Shall we get to work?" With that, Faye set off out of the temple, only occasionally using the cane to support her now that Natalya knew about Delucin and the war coming their way. With every moment she was slowly remembering how to walk again, but it would probably take days at least for her to undo all those years of physiotherapy.

"Are you happy if we go straight to the labs, or do you want to grab something first?" Faye asked of Natalya as they walked through the darkness, the only two left in the excavation site this time of night.

OFF

-Post by Faye

(( I'll not be able to post tomorrow (or make an IC today) and during the weekend and (there is the rub) probably not thursday and friday either.

I hope my warriors and future warriors will be able to post without Delucin looking over their shoulder. *hugs*))

"Advanced computer classes. ((I can't think of the proper term. .-.))

(There isn't a senior computing class. It's just called Information Technology, or there's Software Design and Devolpment.

In senior classes, you mainly go for IT and get a cerificate 2, unless it is different from where you are from.

Also: Don't worry Laura, Ninja wolf tongue.gif)

Syth glanced down as a small dog approached them. He smiled sweetly and held out a hand to gain the dogs trust. It was a rugged dog, with a lot of scratches and bruises. It tilted its head at the hand, and approached slowly. He then noticed that the dog was female, and changed its gender to that of a she mentally.

“It’s alright…I won’t hurt you.” He spoke, feeling the dog sniff his hand.

Suddenly he winced, “that’s not very nice.” He dislodged the teeth from his hand gently, and pulled out a cupcake he had brought for himself.

“It’s not much, but better than nothing.” The dog sniffed it, and Syth leaned down and place it on the ground. The dog approached, and began to eat.

“That-a girl, there much better stuff if you find a home.” He smiled to Phoebe, before turning back and slowly stroking the dog intent on her meal. When it was done it took a seat and gazed upward at Syth with quiet, and begging eyes.

“Oh fine, you can come home with me” he rolled his eyes. The dog, seeming to instantly understand wagged her tail. He chuckled and stood up.

Turning to Phoebe he said “I better head home then, I’ve got to get this dog taken care of. You sure you don’t want a lift?” He smiled gently, turning to glance at the excavation site, where he frowned.

“Are-Are those people walking out of that site? I thought it was closed for today.” He gazed at them, the girl dog beside his side, knowing he would not abandon her.

((Ware, software and hardware are two completely different things and both are equally as difficult... When you say Software design, that means programming. An IT doesn't have to know a thing of programming to know how to take apart and put together a computer, a programmer doesn't have to know what different parts are in a computer to write a program really. -__-'))

((Lol, I meant some more along the lines of computer programming.

Besides, we don't know how things will change in 8 years so I wasn't going to go into great detail. xd.png She simply teaches a computer class for the more advanced students.

Don't worry about us Laura. happy.gif))

Using the flashlight that Faye had given her to light their way, Natalya followed closely behind the teacher. She watched the way Faye walked, curious about it but she decided not to ask.

"Are you happy if we go straight to the labs, or do you want to grab something first?"

"If we have time, grabbing something would be nice." she switched off the torch as they came out of the temple and looked around. Her eye adjusted to the darkness and she could barely make out the outline of two figure in the distance.

"Miss Faye, we seem to have company."

Edited by evangeline5432

((Ware, software and hardware are two completely different things and both are equally as difficult... When you say Software design, that means programming. An IT doesn't have to know a thing of programming to know how to take apart and put together a computer, a programmer doesn't have to know what different parts are in a computer to write a program really. -__-'))

(I was just listing the two main computer classes, being someone who takes both classes I am aware of the differences.

Oh, and I was talking about when they exit the excavation site.)

ON:

The moment they had exited the unlit tunnel and into the main body of the excavation Faye had returned to using the cane more heavily; even if Natalya concentrated she wouldn't have been able to tell that the limp was fake. An experienced physio maybe, but to anyone else Faye was as reliant on the cane as ever.

Faye looked at the figures in the distance; two people and a dog, by the looks of things. Faye shrugged slightly. "Being a Sunday night doesn't stop people from hanging around the site," Faye replied, masking her own concern. "And couples still come from walks around here as well. It's probably nothing to worry about," she assured Natalya.

OFF

-Post by Faye

((meanwhile Est and Zatch stand there looking at Vanye, not bothering to answer his question

xd.png /shot))

Natalya would have believed that Faye's leg really was still injuried if she hadn't seen the woman walking earlier. She shivered slightly as a cool breeze blew around them.

"You're probably right, but let's at least be careful? If they see us, they are probably wondering why we are here..." she glanced in the direction where the couple was standing. Natalya shrugged then looked back at Faye.

"Does your leg still hurt?"

((I was planning to post today, until I realized that I have much more homework than I thought, and a math test tomorrow >.< At least I'm done with most of the homework, after five-six hours >_> I'll try to post tomorrow, though, and if not, Friday at the latest. So sorry for the delay >.<))

{{I have posted. My post as Rhia with the school was ignored both by shric and by Fortune.}}