Lythiaren

Improving the Vines

How would you feel about a vine update?  

1,042 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe our old vines could become a retired breed. These new ones could be a new kind of dragon like the Pinks. Just kidding.

I think this is a good idea. I'd like to see how the new vines would look.

I'd actually prefer the old vines be "retired" like the pinks. I don't want ALL my vines suddenly changing looks, when I've picked them for their looks in the first place.

If a sprite completely changes (like the pinks or like the golds did), then yes, I support replacement. But if a sprite is just getting updated (like sunrises/sets and horses and VDay '09s did) then it doesn't make much sense to retire the old sprite instead of updating them all, IMHO. 'Minimal changes' makes me prefer updating rather than retiring, but that's just me. ^^

I support this if they change like the Golds did. However, I hate the idea of them being retired and replaced like the Pinks. Two retired breeds is two too many. xd.png

Not only that but cb vines aren't exactly common like frills and pinks were. They once were but in recent years they have been harder too obtain so replacing the sprite would be better.

But if they did become retired then how would alts work?

Two seperate normal vines and one alt vine...?

I assume the breeding will adjust to the way the new pinks did.

I really want to keep my old hatchlings, however. It's a bit of DC history.

Edited by Ashywolf

If these were retired I would be really, really, really sad- vines are awesome and I like them a lot!!!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

^ well they wouldn't be a retired species.

you know, i think that even if they had a total sprite change, i think lythiaren knows what she's doing. they are her species. so minor changes or total change, i'd love to see what they'd look like. maybe then i'll have the urge to hoard. xd.png

i wouldn't like to see another sprite retired like frills and bright pinks. i see all these people wishing for a frill and i can't help but feel bad that they'll never get one. soo...yeah.

I say it should be handled in the same way the golds were. I dislike discontinued species/sprites (even if I have all of the current unobtainables). It's an unfair thing for new players. Period.

I would love dinomorphism~

EDIT: Hahaha! love the table flip in the poll xd.png

Edited by lindsy95

If a sprite completely changes (like the pinks or like the golds did), then yes, I support replacement. But if a sprite is just getting updated (like sunrises/sets and horses and VDay '09s did) then it doesn't make much sense to retire the old sprite instead of updating them all, IMHO. 'Minimal changes' makes me prefer updating rather than retiring, but that's just me. ^^

this.

Also, socky, I think your siggy's borked.

EDIT: The way thegolds happened caused rather a lot of uproar, I think te old pinks were handled a lot better... people don't like getting their lineages messed up.

Edited by dracocharky

I wasn't around the forums when they changed the gold. It doesn't seem like there were any lasting effects, anyway.

My opinion is that if they are getting a detail upgrade like the sunrise/sets but the overall image is the same then it should just be implemented

if it is like the golds i would honestly prefer to not have the change unless there was some form of community agreement (this is not as important as you said that it is not an overall change just edits and different genders)

and as for splitting old and new sprites, if it is just detail upgrades there is no point to splitting

basically as long as a similar to the current(design,pose,ect) is still in use i personally am happy

i don't like when breeds/sprites get retired and i think we should stay away from that option at all costs

as for the hatchlings, the sprite itself is still going to be used(in different colors) because it is still the alt vine hatchling (which was stated is not being touched) so i don't see a reason why not to update the hatchlings to match the adult

as for the female i would like to see snarly since if the male is the current i would like to see the dragon display both sides of themselves

Edited by darkshadow5392

Lyth knows what she's doing. From the way it sounds, it seems like she's keeping the same male sprite, but updating colors and a few other issues. It won't look too different, but will be a positive change. The hatchies I am very excited about, as the current ones are too physically different from the adults. I am also glad for dimorphism, as I LOVE having more sprites. The more, the merrier. Lineages should be fine because they are going to similar in breed-looks. I hope the Vines change as soon as possible happy.gif

Hi all. This is more a question than a suggestion, and not a terribly serious matter. Actually, i wonder if it should be in site discusion or help thread xd.png

I saw a vine egg in the jungle, a few minutes ago, (which i failed to catch, lol) and i thought its description was a bit off now. The egg's description was made so that it'd look odd that there's grass and flowers within a cave, but it is not so odd in a jungle.

Should something be done about it? Like either changing the descfription, or changing the biome it appears in? Or nothing should be done about it?

I'm not sure about what to suggest, though. i guess there's some kind of equilibrium in the number of breeds that every biome handles, but changing the description of an egg which was made according to the breed's nature because it doesn't match its enviroment does not feel right to me either.

Well, that is it, i hope this leetle thought of mine is not too ridiculous x3 (if not totally useless xd.png)

Hm, dont think so.

You get caves in the jungle too. smile.gif

So think it fits very well.

true xd.png but then it could say it is not reached by the sun in the cave it's in(which'd make the description longer xd.png)... Or just leave it as it be.

This topic has been discussed many a time.

I can't remember the outcome however....

Exactly what everyone else has said.

They're caves in different parts of the land. Part of the whole "Cave Born" thing.

Aren't the eggs still in caves, just in different parts of the "world"? So it's in a cave in a jungle.

aah, i get the feeling that i had missunderstood the whole thing then. i thought that it was one cave, as some sort of entrance to some kind of 'dragon world'.

if that's the case, then my bad, everyone xd.png the description should be fine as it is. at least this was useful for me to get the correct idea of the dc world O.o

how do i close the thread now? do i pm a mod to ask them to do so, or simply wait for one to pass by? o.o?

aah, i get the feeling that i had missunderstood the whole thing then. i thought that it was one cave, as some sort of entrance to some kind of 'dragon world'.

if that's the case, then my bad, everyone xd.png the description should be fine as it is. at least this was useful for me to get the correct idea of the dc world O.o

how do i close the thread now? do i pm a mod to ask them to do so, or simply wait for one to pass by? o.o?

I think that you should pm :3

Also, I like the idea of updating the Vines ^^

I'm about ready to hug the mod that merged the two threads instead of closing the new one. Revived an awesome thread. *puppy dog eyes at Lyth*