Lythiaren

Improving the Vines

How would you feel about a vine update?  

1,042 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think sneakiness could be seen as more deadly- you can't really judge their motivations, whereas with full on "RAR" you know to get out immediately. I'm all for the dimorphism!

Lyth, the vine is *your* baby, so if you prefer the sneaky version, go with it

This exactly. tongue.gif And frankly, I think whatever way you go, people are going to like the end result. happy.gif

I'm not sure if this would even be allowed so if it's not just disregard my post, but would you be able to post an example sketch of what you mean by the sneaky vs. snarly? That might help people get an idea of what they prefer, if you really want to hash it out. Though I'm not sure if that's even something that's allowed.

hngnhgn the reason I made this thread was so I could satisfy as many people as possible, even if I'm not included in that group. XD

Hence mulling over this thing for over a year... >>;;;

(BEGONE EMOTICONS)

Edited by Lythiaren

aaaa

not this debate again! ono

But no really, it's okay. I want to use this sprite but if I can think of something, I'd rather do that. The sprite is a little dated as it is and I'm out of practice. Plus the people have spoken anyway, we have that split. :P

People are welcome to throw pose suggestions in here though. I'll readily admit to being stumped on that front. >>;

O|-< *lays here*

Edited by Lythiaren

I would say that if the poll was taken and it's a complete split down the middle, you're not going to please everyone and go with what YOU feel is more suiting to the breed itself. While yes, you're trying, and we very much appreciate it mind you, that you're trying to get as much opinion in it as you can....in the end you are the creator.

I personally don't see why we need both sprites with a snarl type expression [And yes, that is how I view the current one.] if we're gonna have dimorphism. That's just my two cents. If there are two sprites, lets at least have a little moar variety between them expression wise. I personally love the idea of 'Just you wait.~~~', from what I'm gathering is the case with the one already made from what you say about it. :3

TL;DR: We LIKE that you're trying to get us in on the project, but sometimes you just gotta do what you think is best. <3 [Especially when we can't make up our minds.]

ETA: I also wasn't on the forums much at the time of the poll, so I didn't get to vote! I would have voted for the sneaky. >.> Just sayin'.

Edited by Bu-tan

aaaa

not this debate again! ono

But no really, it's okay. I want to use this sprite but if I can think of something, I'd rather do that. The sprite is a little dated as it is and I'm out of practice. Plus the people have spoken anyway, we have that split. tongue.gif

There could be a compromise: regular vines use the new sprites (not so sneaky), alt vines use the old (or maybe updated) sneaky lines. I'd love to see a major difference between regular and alt hatchlings and this would fit the bill. It also lets everyone have sneaky and not as sneaky vines!

The reason I won't touch alts is because those are Silvanon's work, not mine. :3

Vines are one of my favorite dragons and I have a bunch of them. I say, go with your gut Lyth.. if you like one better than the other, then that's the one you should go with. I'm sure I'll love it either way, just because I love them anyway.

hngnhgn the reason I made this thread was so I could satisfy as many people as possible, even if I'm not included in that group. xd.png

From what you told me (about some poll on the frill colors), that's not always the way to go... I'd still say go with your gut. Because if *you* like the sprite you're working on, you'll have that little extra motivation to put that extra effort into it to make it even more awesome. Which is a win-win situation, really.

Edited by olympe

I would just like this topic over and done with. Vines are one of my favorites as is. But due to this thread, I've already been waiting well over a year to start a lineage with them. I finally bred some eggs yesterday thinking, well it's been quiet, maybe it's safe. And here it is bumped again. I want to work on my vine x ember lineage in peace without worrying that I won't like the new colors or sprite. >.<

/biased

http://dragcave.net/lineage/7tKht

Lyth, I think that you should do what you want at this point, because as other people have said, if it's a fifty fifty split then it's going to be hard to please everyone!

I would adore seeing an update to the vines, I've been excited since it was first announced as a possibility. :3

What I very badly want to do is go with the sneaky sprite because this is the one single breed that satisfies the femme fatale trope perfectly, but there's a bunch of people who are all NO YOU MUST NEVER.

orz

Then do that. You drew the dragon, you're the one who gets the most say about changing it.

I'm so excited to see this improvement happen. I've been waiting with baited breath since this topic was made!

Lyth, if I may say, you should do what you want the most with the sprites. These are YOUR babies. What I think is the most important is that you're the most happy with your work. It's your vision. You should never feel like you have to bend for others when you are the one who knows what is the most fitting for the dragon you designed!

I'm still hoping for a revamp. I voted for the sneaky Femme sprite.

I don't have a strong opinion on the sprite, but I love vines and a vine revamp would make me very happy. ^^ Looking forward to maybe seeing a new vine look!

user posted image

Oh hey look something actually happened.

(note she's not anywhere near lined yet and not all of that green will be visible as it will be going around and behind things and generally getting defined)

no that's not all on the same layer how crazy do you think i am

Edited by Lythiaren

Totally crazy, but that's why we love you. tongue.gif

Can't wait to see the final result and have it released in the cave. *hugs*

user posted image

(note she's not anywhere near lined yet and not all of that green will be visible as it will be going around and behind things and generally getting defined)

That would be pretty crazy.

Thanks for posting us an update <3.

Ooh! I really like it! smile.gif I'm happy to see this thread again! I can't wait to see the new sprites when they're finished!

I'm very, very interested to see what all those vines look like when all is said and done! Very nice!

I'd like at least the Stage Two hatchling to become more... different, I suppose. Maybe have it snarling and acting a bit more violent than the S1. I feel like it fits better.

user posted image

My vine army eagerly awaits the changes. smile.gif

Oh, she looks pretty! And angry! Love it so far!