Lythiaren

Improving the Vines

How would you feel about a vine update?  

1,042 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chiming in here with my support. That female is gorgeous, I can't wait to see it progress into a finished sprite. So glad to see progress being made on this thread. I've been watching it eagerly and curiously for a long time.

I love love all ideas!, i'll be watching.. i'm rather fond of the idea of dimorphism however and i'd LOVE to see it in the cave!

I think it's always exciting when artists want to update sprites and/or sprites get updates. As time goes on there is more you can do with graphics, artistic skills improve and ideas for dragons expand.

There are always those who will be upset with change but on the whole it revives interest in the breed and artists may have breed traits they never shared with the public. I like finding out breed details beyond the description. I think it inspires thingies.

Is this still going on? I'd really like new Vines biggrin.gif

I don't think that the egg or its description needs changing. After all, it's a sprite of the egg, not what the egg's sitting in.

I agree with fixing the hatchling's vines (never noticed they weren't attached), but the thing with the face and horns might just be part of growing up, right? To me, I always thought that both horns were yellow, but one had a vine wrapped around it.

For the adults having only two flowers: I thought they came and went, blooming like a real plant. I never knew the flytrap was a tail... Also, dimorphism would be lovely. The yellow-flowered alts will stay, correct?

Female, yay smile.gif

user posted image

I don't think that the egg or its description needs changing. After all, it's a sprite of the egg, not what the egg's sitting in.

Well...

user posted imageuser posted image

Well...

user posted imageuser posted image

I wouldn't mind having the egg updated, but it might be confusing for some and not totally necessary. A grassy egg would be pretty, though.

I wonder if this update is still going on?

As i love the vines. But from what i've read in the first post, i support the update.

Whatever Lyth does will be fabulous, although I do confess to hoping that our existing sprites/lineages would remain as is.

I've become addicted to Ribbon-dancers and the current Vines (which I love as is!) and am in the process of finally trying to assemble something at least semi-checkered in a low-gen - I will weep if the pairing no longer works, lol.

(Seriously weep; I think they're gorgeous together, as are the Frills - of which I have only one male CB, drat it, the others being breds - and which I still miss, darn it!)

I love the vines! I also love the new image. I'm also partial to a plan where the current Vines stay as they are, just as the Old Pinks didn't change with a revamp of the image. Mostly I feel the hatchlings need updating. The similar hatchies across very different species needs to be addressed and dealt with.

Edited by Elzapeth

Since this hasn't been posted in in 2 years, I decided to give it a little nudge. I'm curious if this is still being worked on or not. I'd love to see a Vine update in the future, honestly. smile.gif

Yeah, I'd like to know if this is still a thing. It's strange how little the adult Vine sprite actually shows about the dragon, it's mostly just the plant that we're seeing in it. huh.gif

While Lyth has been active recently, she hasn't posted in this thread in two years, so I'm going to go ahead and close this. If Lyth comes back and wants some more input, we'll re-open this for her. ^^