TJ09

2011-12-25 - Happy Holidays

Mine grew up too, and they perfectly match witht the other Christmas dragons laugh.gif can't wait to create a lineage with them xd.png Thanks a lot Earthgirl for your hard work wink.gif

First one of mine grew as well! Can't wait breeding with these pretties! wub.gif

Thanks TJ and Earthgirl for another great addition to our scrolls!

My winter magis have grown up! biggrin.gif So excited. And the spriter's alt looks fantastic. Thank you so much earthgirl!

Mine grew up a few hours ago... I just wanted to say that I love the Winter Magi sprite. I think it's beautiful (I especially love the pose with the wings flayed out like they are, and overall, just how dragon-like it looks). It's quickly become my favorite Christmas dragon right now. biggrin.gif

To be honest with everyone, I don't really want to deal with critiques on my first Holiday release. v.v

I'm just going to plug my ears and go 'lalala' for the time being. okay?

Problem solved.

Thank you very much for killing my enjoyment for my first ever Holiday release. v.v

If everyone would just kindly remember this?

Lets drop the topic of crit totally for the moment please and just enjoy the fact that we have a pretty new holiday dragon to <3 @

Besides with adults growing up I'm assuming this topic will be locked soon :/

Sometimes I think it's a wonder any spriter decides to keep their work on this site.

Cudos to you spriters for being strong people. <3

Parts of this topic just remind me of why I don't even dare post any of my own work on this forum xP lol

That sounds like censorship.

Honestly, reading back, as a person who does art as a hobby as well, I find most of the criticism on the sprite quite valid. I think that especially if the artist works alone and only the admin sees the sprite before its release, they should be prepared that people WILL criticise the finished piece. Just because you have feelings because of the critique, doesn't remove the right to criticise, as long as it's constructive. Especially how, again, most of the critique was perfectly valid. It's the heated reactions of some members that made it boil down to something unenjoyable.

It would be censorship if critique weren't allowed at all. The poster is simply suggesting what they feel would be a better place. Censoring would be an outright ban, which isn't what they are suggesting.

Still have 18 hours to wait, as I didn't incubate, but looking forward to having mine all grown up. wub.gif

So very beautiful. I love the pose, it's perfect. I'm going to wait until New Years day to breed mine so the eggs have a special birthday. Now I just have to decide on a mate. biggrin.gif

Thank you everyone who gave up their time to make this a very enjoyable holiday.

This DC Christmas was a blast. My second DC Christmas. I wave at the Leetle trees when they turn up in the biomes. Wished I could grab more biggrin.gif

Loved the wreath, the stories, the massive christmas egg drops in the AP and watching them disappear. The christmas versions of all the dragons mixed in........

It was great to get the new eggs without any grief (caught them on my phone!!!).

Quite a relief after getting carpel tunnel syndrome trying to grab hollys. xd.png

Love the new dragon. Great hatchies and the adult looks like a winged species offshoot from the yulebuck line.

Some raffle mojo to kick start the new year and its packing even more awesome.

Thanks to TJ and all the artists. Happy, safe holidays to all.

The colours on the Winter Magi are stunningly beautiful - so very Christmassy (all the colours of Christmas) and they really go well together.

But I have to confess I think Earthgirl's alts are even more beautiful. Wow, so very, very lovely.

You really do have an eye for colour, Earthgirl, and how they work together so they blend, but also complement.

Thank you again for all your hard work.

Now what to breed them with . . .

Edit: No egg from either breeding sad.gif

Edited by Nikki_Of_The_Night

Aaaagh, I still have half a day to wait until mine are grown! Oh, the suspense!

Whoever said it is right -- they DO remind me of candy! Maybe those big, flat, swirly lollipops... *debates re-naming one "Lollipop Butterbutt." ...thinks better of it.* xd.png

...And Earthgirl, as much as I <3 <3 <3 the adult sprite, I <3 your alt ten times more! Ohhhhh it is so pretty. I long to see its creamy shiny prettiness in a lineage on my scroll one day! The off-white/eggshell hue just blends *perfectly!*

Oh! Now that someone's bred them, that means I can go see just how much of them shows on the little lineage chart icon. I hope we can still see their batwings!

Congratulations, HollietheCollieGirl! Your baby is beautiful. smile.gif

This is my current breeding plan, complete with names (all stuck on placeholders for the time being): Winter Magi Plan! Can't wait to get started!

Edited by Kelkelen

One of mine has grown! 8D

Now... what to breed you with.

Both my babies have grown up and are named. This was my second DC Christmas, and it was awesome. :3

I like them. But I think it would be very, very silly to decree that only people who like them are allowed to post reactions to them. If nothing else, deciding which posts were positive enough would be hugely subjective. Rude posts are already forbidden, so where would the cutoff line be on how negative a POLITE opinion is? Would it be too critical to say "Great dragon, I love X, and Y, and Z! But I dislike Q. If that were changed it would be perfect." What about saying "They're nice, but not as good as snow angels"? Trying to police people's opinions to get them to be perfectly enthusiastic would be ineffective and ridiculous, and furthermore, it would dilute the meaning and sincerity of the praise that IS given.

I agree with the poster who pointed out that the great majority of responders like each new dragon, and that spriters should not get upset or have their enjoyment spoiled simply because not EVERYONE says they are utterly fantastic. No one can please all of the people all of the time, and none of us love all the sprites equally, but by permitting honest responses, you will ensure that the praise and squeeing you get is in fact genuine and heartfelt, which is way better than unanimous, IMHO. :-)

Guys, there's already a discussion about "the drama" going on over here: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=108234

I just don't want anything to get misconstrued when people mean well, so let's try to keep things separated.

Though, tbh i don't know why that point was brought up; seems like poking the hornet's nest when everyone was celebrating nicely.

Anyway, my hatchlings finally grew up into adults and I'm pretty stoked. idk what i would use to pair with them though. thinking BBW but i may go with the traditional route and just pick whites as well.

Edited by thiefofhearts

Another 8 hours give or take and I get my adults!

They are just so beautiful - and their little hands - I can't help but imagine them wiggling their fingers to make it snow!

Although, I'm in the same boat as everyone else as I play the - What to breed them with game?

Seriously wish I didn't breed one of my Christmas Dragons so that I could try for a solid Christmas lineage but oh well!

Guys, there's already a discussion about "the drama" going on over here: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=108234

I just don't want anything to get misconstrued when people mean well, so let's try to keep things separated.

I don't remember your being named a mod, so I think I'll pass on taking instructions on where and when I may voice an opinion unless someone who's actually in charge tells me so. :-) Really not trying to be mean or anything , but I honestly do think half the problem here is random people waving their hands around and telling people who aren't doing anything wrong to be quiet before they upset anyone. Our mods are NOT shy, and if they don't want us talking, they tell us to stop themselves. There's no need to second-guess them and take it on yourself to shush us. Especially when we're being perfectly polite and violating no rules.

Anyway, here are three things I like very much about the new sprite:

1) It's so yellow! There is a serious shortage of yellow dragons in the cave. This dragon is going to look very handsome in lineages.

2) I love the crisp, bat-like wings.

3) I like the way silver and gold are used together in this sprite. It makes me wish I could see the dragon from the back view. :-)

I'm thinking this may look really nice bred with a snow angel. It's too bad I don't have the tri-colored wings, because that would look best of all...

Edited by tjekan

I don't remember your being named a mod, so I think I'll pass on taking instructions on where and when I may voice an opinion unless someone who's actually in charge tells me so. :-) Really not trying to be mean or anything , but I honestly do think half the problem here is random people waving their hands around and telling people who aren't doing anything wrong to be quiet before they upset anyone. Our mods are NOT shy, and if they don't want us talking, they tell us to stop themselves. There's no need to second-guess them and take it on yourself to shush us. Especially when we're being perfectly polite and violating no rules.

Anyway, here are three things I like very much about the new sprite:

1) It's so yellow! There is a serious shortage of yellow dragons in the cave. This dragon is going to look very handsome in lineages.

2) I love the crisp, bat-like wings.

3) I like the way silver and gold are used together in this sprite. It makes me wish I could see the dragon from the back view. :-)

I'm thinking this may look really nice bred with a snow angel. It's too bad I don't have the tri-colored wings, because that would look best of all...

If you would have read the posts i made you'd see i have the same opinion too. rolleyes.gif

I posted the link for the benefit of people who wanted to express themselves without having to worry that this thread be closed.

I'm sure you misunderstood me, which is why you got defensive so let me clarify what I think got you upset -

Though, tbh i don't know why that point was brought up; seems like poking the hornet's nest when everyone was celebrating nicely.

Was not aimed at you. Actually if I was to be specific, it would start with Stardust13's post and be the replies that follow it. Everyone was celebrating nicely as they (the group that said they wanted everyone to celebrate nicely with no criticism being made) wanted, until some members said something, which started this up again. It's counter productive imo.

Then again it's all a bit off topic isn't it? smile.gif

Regardless, Happy Holidays. Here's hoping next year we all grow a little more tolerant - myself include.

When earth girl was designing them anybody that thinks they didn't look right could of offered their suggestions then. If they didn't until the dragon was accepted by TJ that's too bad they had their opportunity and blew it. He must have thought they were okay otherwise he wouldn't have used it as such right??

When earth girl was designing them anybody that thinks they didn't look right could of offered their suggestions then. If they didn't until the dragon was accepted by TJ that's too bad they had their opportunity and blew it. He must have thought they were okay otherwise he wouldn't have used it as such right??

Holiday dragons are largely worked on in secret so that us normal players don't get to see them until TJ's grow up.

So it wasn't POSSIBLE to critique them then. Regular players didn't even know they existed.

Edited by Derranged

I love the alts wub.gif, and am happy to have an adult on my scroll <3