TJ09

2011-12-25 - Happy Holidays

I think this year prize dragons might be recolored tinsels. I would vote for red, green and blue ; )

Well, if we're getting the same distribution of the 50 prizes as last year... that would mean that half of them would be "honorable mention" picks. :3

Pure speculation, of course.

Sigh:

TJ09: Moonlightelf, same distribution as last year.

17:41 Moonlightelf: Alrighty.

17:41 Sun: Ohhh...kay xd.png

17:41 Xylene: -shrug- I guess we should also toss the "Are we allowed custom codes?" question on the pile.

17:41 kerri: so do we definitely know that they're tinsels again? o.O

17:42  *** Antarctica left #dc

17:42 Painter: o.o Why wouldn't there be tinsels?

17:42 Grishiu: I think they'll be tinsels

17:42 TJ09: kerri, nope, just that there's 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and runner up.

EDIT: Also I was unable to find the part of the conversation where TJ said stuff regarding tinsels and their use as prize dragons.

Edited by DarkEternity

Sigh:

EDIT: Also I was unable to find the part of the conversation where TJ said stuff regarding tinsels and their use as prize dragons.

Ah, okay.

I honestly had never seen that particular portion of the conversation, sorry.

I know last year there was a few HMs that got to choose a dragon. I guess that's where the new CB hollies came from? (For some reason I thought people were saying there was another way to get CB hollies)

aww man I wish I had had warning about the wreath decorating closing. sad.gif

I never got to finish mine ;o;

Even with the wreath decorating being closed, I managed to get mine the way I wanted it, as crowded as it is xd.png One of my new eggies hatched, and I managed to snag another one before they stopped dropping :3 I can't wait to see the adult (and the adult spriter alt) :3

My wreath is ok biggrin.gif

Btw, I'm glad to see that the hatchlings are going to grew up in some hours! I can't wait. biggrin.gif

Totes staying up to see what the adults look like. I'm way too excited to go to sleep.

Also, though my wreath is pretty crowded, I really like it a lot. <:

I only have a problem that last year and this year, the Christmas dragons were overdecorated. I don't /like/ the overbearing demeanor these dragons elude, and it gives me a headache to even look at them. I only caught them to catch them. :/. I wish the artists would just stop making the dragons over complicated, and so staticky. It's so boring and bright, almost forced.

Last years Christmas dragons are by far my favorite, I had been waiting for a dragon that was actually colourful and sparkly and was really happy to get the ribbons.

I guess it simply is a matter of personal taste and since no artist can fulfill the wishes of everyone, they must simply stay true to their own vision.

Edited by Dubious

Several hours for them to grow up! smile.gif

I really hope the adults will have a positive impact on (most) of you! I'm aware that it's impossible to please everyone and their mom when you design something. wink.gif

I have a feeling most of you will be pleased though. ^^ I'm pleased with the way they are.

Several hours for them to grow up! :)

I really hope the adults will have a positive impact on (most) of you! I'm aware that it's impossible to please everyone and their mom when you design something. ;)

I have a feeling most of you will be pleased though. ^^ I'm pleased with the way they are.

You've always designed pretty nice dragons, from what I've noticed. I've been fond of your own designs and a couple other artists in particular, so I have high expectations and hopes. Thus far the hatchlings look absolutely wonderful and adorable, so I'm sure the adult form will look just as lovely, if not, even more so. <:

Of course I don't think I've really disliked a dragon design yet, so I doubt I'll be one of the ones to complain regardless. O:

I really hope the adults will have a positive impact on (most) of you! I'm aware that it's impossible to please everyone and their mom when you design something. wink.gif

I'm happy with the hatchlings tbh

wink.gif

Sigh:

I remember when he said it. Ah, here is my log now.

Mremaknu: so hey tj, is this raffle thing one entry per person or is there an accumulating thing going on?

@Fizzix: TJ09: also, lazy. sysadmin is faster to type

~TJ09: Mremaknu, one ticket per day.

Daydreamer09: Heu TJ, good job this year on the Christmas events! ^^

Xylene: TJ: Are raffle-prize things going to have 4-character codes or 5-character codes? -curious-

Mremaknu: keen

: Antarctica has joined #dc

Daydreamer09: *Hey

~TJ09: So if you participate all 12 days, you get 12 entries.

kerri: ty TJ are previous prize winners eligible?

Grishiu: Every time I look at Delish's description I go 8| Because question marks aren't allowed -(link edited out)-

Xylene: I wouldn't see why not... -muse- ohmy.gif Omg. if one of the other prizewinners gets another tinsel. That would be amazing.

Grishiu: Oh I would love a custom code biggrin.gif

Sun: That would be very lucky xd.png

Xylene: And also infuriating.

: TEG has quit IRC: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client

kerri: I mean, I think the chances would be low. But not precisely fair

Xylene: But mostly amazing.

Moonlightelf: TJ, are the all 50 being tinsels or are there going to be 20 people with possibility to pick egg they want?

Sun: *wonders what she would get as her code if she could choose*

~TJ09: Moonlightelf, same distribution as last year.

Moonlightelf: Alrighty.

Sun: Ohhh...kay xd.png

Xylene: -shrug- I guess we should also toss the "Are we allowed custom codes?" question on the pile.

kerri: so do we definitely know that they're tinsels again? o.O

: Antarctica has left #dc

Painter: o.o Why wouldn't there be tinsels?

Grishiu: I think they'll be tinsels

~TJ09: kerri, nope, just that there's 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and runner up.

kerri: ty.

Sun: Ehehe, just got a pretty -(link edited out)-

Painter: :0 oh.

kerri: biggrin.gif

Grishiu: Ohh Well now

~TJ09: That said.

DE: ooh more CB Hollies?

Daydreamer09: Pretty Sun. ohmy.gif

~TJ09: They were introduced to be prize dragons. Why would I introduce /another/ set?

kerri: because you can? tongue.gif

Grishiu: Good question o3o

All lineage links to dragons removed in case their owners don't want them seen.

And Xmas wall from Silvi's

user posted image

How do you make an IRC chat log? o.O

Anyway, 99.85% chance they're CB tinsels, imo.

^ THIS, this, a thousand times this.

Not everyone is good at decorating or puzzles or what have you either.

X-mas is about GIVING not Competition.

I think a raffle fits the spirit of the holiday perfectly.

Not only that but as was already mentioned lots of users don't have tons of time over the holidays to be on Dc :/

^This! :0)

If I won the raffle and got to pick a dragon I would totally go with CB Holly! *Crosses fingers* I missed out on them this year. sad.gif

Me too! I would totally love to get a Holly! A cb tinsel would be nice too, ofcourse xd.png

If I was honourable mention, then I'd get a CB Holly as well *stares into space*

sorry to be the slow poke here, so how on earth do you get HM and also I have seen the comment above with TJ, if you win the raffle you get prize dragon but if you get a HM you pick? As mentioned a little slow must be all that turkey biggrin.gif

I cants wait EG biggrin.gif

The hatchlings sofar look amazing andfestively coloured indeed, they al;ready amke me eager to freeze one ocne it grows its wings, but more i wanna know how great the adult will look!

Its always good if your pleased with your own work smile.gif i'm very curious for the end results!