TJ09

2011-12-25 - Happy Holidays

Question:

I went a little bit mad with the wreath decorating and last night I realised it looked a total mess. I reset it with the intention of starting over this morning.... only now it is saying "404 Wreath Not Decorated".

I am guessing that means I have no wreath now and the decorating is over, but does it also mean I have now lost all my chances in the raffle too?

I had collected the decorations every day bar one (which I got on Christmas Day) and really wanted to at least have a chance for a prize.

For me, I spent almost this whole year collecting tinsels and their various lineages. It kept me interested and playing a LOT longer then I would have before, when I would get bored and just return for holidays and new dragon releases. Right now I have almost all the lineages possible from the tinsels.

So I had rather hoped for new prize dragons, because it would give me a another year of much trading and collecting the new prize dragon offspring and all the new lineages that those would have.

If we had different prize dragons every year then it would keep us all busy for the next year collecting. Anyway, that is just my take on it.

I am looking forward to seeing the adults of this Christmas, the hatchlings are gorgeous.

Edited by Dubious

I too hope we get new prize dragons. Like, maybe Bauble Dragons :I

I have lots of tinsels, i'd like to collect something new.

Question:

I went a little bit mad with the wreath decorating and last night I realised it looked a total mess. I reset it with the intention of starting over this morning.... only now it is saying "404 Wreath Not Decorated".

I am guessing that means I have no wreath now and the decorating is over, but does it also mean I have now lost all my chances in the raffle too?

I had collected the decorations every day bar one (which I got on Christmas Day) and really wanted to at least have a chance for a prize.

Everyday you logged in, you were entered in the lottery so I don't think you'd lose them. The wreath is just the fun part of it!

Unfortunatly you can't decorate it anymore though unless they decide to give another chance like with the Halloween event I guess.

You know DC, you know there's always that small (in comparison to the overall number of people) group that completes everything a little bit after midnight. Plenty of people can't do that. So if the majority of entries were based on 'skill', you'd be screwing a HUGE portion of the DC population out of all but a few entries, and pretty much handing those few midnight people the eggs. And that's not even getting to those in DC who may be disabled in some way and thus be at a major disadvantage, or little kids, or those traveling and have little to no internet access...

Yes, the raffle is very random. But it's also much fairer than any other method.

I agree fully with this. Plus of course any type of decorating or writing or anything that has to be judged competition is totally subjective.

IMO, the raffle is by far the fairest way to award prize dragons.

Figures that day for everyone to get ornaments and stuff would have got tickets again, i should have known my prey that they didn't; did not come true....

Oh well, and prizes are tinsels, then I hope I just get an honorable mention, at least I can pick an egg from a list that way....If I even win b/c another 1000 people got 12 raffles the day ornaments were back up......

Do we actually know what the people who took advantage of collecting any missed ornament/decorations on Christmas Day would actually get a raffle ticket for the missed day as well?

Certainly the way I read TJ's post was that the got the decorations but there was no mention of an addition ticket. All TJ's post said was:

For the 12th day, you can grab any past story badge that you missed. Today only.

It doesn't mention extra tickets. But maybe it's been confirmed elsewhere that extra tickets would be given out. In which case I apologise.

===========================================================

Oh, has wreath decorating stopped? Bother, mine had what I wanted on it, but I needed to tweak it to make it more correctly aligned sad.gif Ah, well, never mind.

Not long now until TJ's hatchies grow up smile.gif

I really hope decorating comes back. I wanted to make some dragons like other people sad.gif

Just about 5 hours to go and I can't wait to find out what the name of these guys are. I know the adults are going to be gorgeous but can hardly wait to see them.

My eggs hatched happy.gif

Mine did, too! They're cute!

I'm really glad that I left my wreath in a form I liked. xd.png

I too hope we get new prize dragons. Like, maybe Bauble Dragons :I

I have lots of tinsels, i'd like to collect something new.

Er I have zero Tinsel dragons... so to introduce yet ANOTHER unattainable dragon wouldn't be great fun for me. sad.gif As with the other "rares", some people have armies of them, but most people have none. The raffle introduces a slim chance of obtaining a rare without having to stalk the cave for hours and competing with people who have much faster connections that I do.

@Blue Nadir, I might be able to help you with the tinsels in a couple of weeks, I managed to catch a bronze and gold in the AP a day or two ago. PM me.

Er I have zero Tinsel dragons... so to introduce yet ANOTHER unattainable dragon wouldn't be great fun for me. sad.gif As with the other "rares", some people have armies of them, but most people have none.  The raffle introduces a slim chance of obtaining a rare without having to stalk the cave for hours and competing with people who have much faster connections that I do.

You are most definitely in the minority, I am afraid. Tinsels are going for one CB anything on the trading forums, or even less. People can't even trade higher gens away at all. I have four up for trade right now and no interest at all.

If you want tinsels I can give you one bronze, one silver and one gold right now if you want. PM me if you do want some, I am going to have to just gift them away anyway.

Edited by Dubious

How do you enter the raffle?

From the very first day decorating your wreath by reading the stories do you earn not only the decoration, but an entry into the raffle. Though now decorating the wreaths and reading the stories are closed.

EDIT: Correction you can reread the stories, but decorating your wreath is now closed.

Edited by GokaiPink

From a collecting point of view, i should really have gone for a Frill, and should i win a raffle ticket and have that option available, then i would probably again think of picking that as a prize..

on the other hand, i said that this time last year, on the premise that i would not win... 

afterall

i'm not part of the "in crowd" " i am rarely on the forums or IRC" "have little time" (work 50+hour weeks this time of year) "have a bad connection" (live in a field)  & "am not one of the ~creative one's~"

nor did i decorate for viewers, or make pretty pictures, or hidden symbols, i did it to how i liked it to look.. i fact i was so sure i would not have won that i nearly missed the last day for claiming, just from not checking..

and in the event, i went for Holly.. and yes.. it was chosen from a trading perspective.. don't get me wrong, i do love the holly sprite.. but.. her value is not in what she is as such, but what she creates.. which i guess won the christmas spirit vote for me.. a holly i can share with people who may have been the ones who voted for my tree.. a frill, would have been the selfish option, and pleased me, but not so many others..

She is the only one there is a list for and the only one I breed on a fairly regular basis.. 11 babies so far, all now adults smile.gif

so you guys who don't think it can't happen, sometimes it just does..

and when you don't expect it, its far more fun than when you think you *deserve* it !!

smile.gif

Nerys

by the way, skauble, it turns out you have one of HM Nerys' Holi's babies.... lmao... ironic considering your inbox  blink.gif

I sound like you...without the luck of ever winning anything

And man I didnt even get around to decorating my wreath :/

Edited by funny12321

Er I have zero Tinsel dragons... so to introduce yet ANOTHER unattainable dragon wouldn't be great fun for me. sad.gif As with the other "rares", some people have armies of them, but most people have none.  The raffle introduces a slim chance of obtaining a rare without having to stalk the cave for hours and competing with people who have much faster connections that I do.

lol I was going to send you a tinsel but it appears you are nearly scroll locked with shinies now smile.gif let me know if you would like another.

only a few hours until we get a peep at Earthgirl's new pretty adult

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us Earthgirl. wub.gif

Edited by velvet_paw

Aw, man, I didn't even decorate my wreath at all.

Shame on me for expecting someone to give us a deadline or something...

lol I was going to send you a tinsel but it appears you are nearly scroll locked with shinies now smile.gif let me know if you would like another.

I tell you, no one is more surprised than I am! Thank you so much to the kind folks who gifted me some shinies! smile.gif If I were really greedy, I'd like one of each gender, but these are amazing! <3

oh darn I wish I had seen I could catch the missed day on day 12

I missed day 10 because we were gone from home the whole time

that's what I get for not checking in here tongue.gif

my daughter is so torn, she is having trouble deciding which stage to take for freezing

both hatchies are adorable

I am watching to see the adult as I don't freeze my holidays so looking forward to knowing what they will look like biggrin.gif

although I am not too thrilled (the collector in me)

wants a baby from each of the CB prizes LOL

I came into the tinsel race late but did manage to get 1 of all (minus booo)

so for now my scroll is content

thanks again TJ and spriter for sharing your talents with us all wub.gif

Aw, man, I didn't even decorate my wreath at all.

Shame on me for expecting someone to give us a deadline or something...

Me neither! >< I was sad when wreath decorating closed. I was like "But I haven't even started yet..."

I was about to do the same thing but I guess he already has a tinsel now tongue.gif

I haven't decorated my wreath either. I wanted to wait till I got all of the ornaments, but I've been out of town for the last week and all I've been able to use is my iPhone. I was able to get my dragons and all of the ornaments, but moving the ornaments onto my wreath isn't possible on an iPhone. I wish TJ had waited until after New Years.

I'm so stupid!

Just like last year, I waited too long to start decorating my wreath. I wish I could delete the wreath icon from my scroll.. because who would like to look for an empty and naked wreath? dry.gif

I'm even more sad, because I collected everything.. like last year, too.

Edited by Nusieq66