TJ09

2011-12-25 - Happy Holidays

I love that there are enough eggs for everyone this year. It's the most stress-free holiday DC's seen since I can remember!

AGREED! I hope they make future holidays this nice!

I stopped playing for over a year because I couldn't catch any Valentines dragons two years in a row. blink.gif

I love that there are enough eggs for everyone this year. It's the most stress-free holiday DC's seen since I can remember!

agreed!

I incubated both of my eggs and can't wait till they hatch biggrin.gif not sure yet whether I should freeze one or not. must see the adults first. but hatchlings are so super-cute that I'm afraid if I don't freeze one, I'll feel sad for the rest of my life that I don't have one on my scroll.also my Holly grew up and I can't stop looking at her and admiring the sprite xd.png

Edit: nvm

Edited by ksew

I totally agree.

It's been lovely that anyone who wants them will be able to get them and no one had to stress out all day just trying to get theirs.

The whole Christmas event - daily stories, a wreath to decorate (but not be judged on), dressed-up dragons, the 'raffle' and the ease of getting Christmas eggs - has been spectacular. Thanks once more to all involved.

Mine are still a little while away from hatching. I fogged them overzealously in the beginning so they're a bit low on clicks. Heh.

Thanks again, everyone. happy.gif

I am so tempted to freeze my S1 hatchie. It's driving me nuts. I want to wait until I see the adults to make any decisions though. >_<

LOL same here, I usually freeze S2, but this time I already had my finger on the S1, but didn't do it yet wink.gif

do they have a name already? I was looking if there is a poll or discussion or something, but couldn't find anything. Something with 'Snowfall' might match, but we probably need to see the adults.

I want to freeze either one of them, but I hope the adult sprite will come out.

I hope the adult can be either gender, influence won't work on them so we must wait

I really wish we could grab three(Since I could freeze both stages of the hatchlings which would be wonderful). But it's okay.

I can't wait for one of mine to gender so it can be frozen. That won't be for a couple of days though.

Still really excited to see the adult form and find out what its name is. 'A'

There was a day to pick up missed tokens?

I was too stupid to realize how to open the first story and wasn't able to get the first tokens (and I really love the color red and would have loved to use this elements). I would have loved to pick them up later but I didn't know that there was a day I could have done that.

Just looked at all the posts TJ made and found out that it was on Dec. 25th. That was the day, I had 14 guests here, the most busiest day I had this christmas. sad.gif

One of the posts announcing this extra day was closing the news thread 2011-12-14. I don't look at the end of closed news threads, as I would never assume to find so important informations there. The other post is on page 13 in this thread, only 15 min. later a new page opened and it was buried. Only few must have been able to see it.

It would be nice if so important news would be announced seperately or at least by editing the first post of an actual news thread.

I am really depressed. I clicked the missed story so many times in the last days hoping for a miracle and now that I know it really happend I have to live with the fact that I missed it. sad.gif

^^ THIS, A MILLION TIMES THIS ^^ I got up at what-the-heck'o'clock to grab my two eggs and then I had to get lunch started, entertain guests and clean up afterward. I did this all thinking that my "cave business" was sorted. Coupled with being away from home, my pc time is limited to begin with. Some prior warning or a longer timeframe would have been appreciated.

I didn't know you could get the story badges after the day you got them. I got them all anyway, ofc.

That kind of info really should've been added to the first post, though.

Same thing happend with the neglected 'fiasco' the thread was locked and then TJ made a post that a ton of people seemed to miss. Since the thread was locked and not everyone looks at the last page of a locked thread. Usually it's a mod making a comment on how the thread is no longer relevant. Not important info.

Edited by lindsy95

It said "50 prizes." When TJ was questioned on IRC, he gave away a bit more, but I believe all he gave away was that the distribution was like last year. :3

I'll admit, I am excited for the prizes. I'm torn between hoping it's more tinsels and hoping it's a new prize. x3

I actually hope there will be a new prize dragon. It will be more "unique" because almost everyone has at least one tinsel now.

Their eggs won't be worth as much in trades as the tinsels of last year.

But before I sound to negative: I would absolutely LOVE to get a cb tinsel or any other kind of prize dragon! biggrin.gif

Edited by BlueIce

Does anyone know when the holiday eggs will stop dropping?

Am super excited about the raffle! Any idea when that is happening?

So much excitement. biggrin.gif

Tonight at midnight I believe, if memory serves me correctly.

Raffle winners are selected on New Years day.

The more I look at those hatchlings, the more I wish their little tushies were silver-colored instead of gold-colored. 'Cause then I could name mine "Old Saint Nickel-Arse". laugh.gif

My eggs hatched and S1 hatchies's are so adorable - I only saw TJ's S2's, so I wasn't quite prepared for the onslaught of all that cuteness. biggrin.gif

Lol, there was a day to pick up missed tokens? Figures I'd miss that one. tongue.gif Ah well...

Edited by stagazer_7

The winners of the raffle are picked out on my birthday, would be a nice birthday surprise if i was one. ^^ I think the prize dragons are tinsels again, would be nice if they were different but i guess it would be also nice to have a cb tinsel.

Overall I had a really good Christmas on DC. I obtained a special dragon I've been seeking for a long time, and I got to receive ornaments for all 12 of the stories, so therefore I've got 12 raffle tickets, maximizing my chances.

I do have a few thoughts about how I wish things had been done differently.

1. Don't have a certain day where people have a second chance to read the stories and collect the ornaments (and thus, raffle entries) from previous days. When you do this, it makes it seem really meaningless to the people who diligently logged in and read the stories each day.

2. Alternatively, if you decide anyway have a certain day where people have a second chance to get their ornaments and raffle tickets, publicize it better. Make a separate news post for it. Perhaps even announce it in the very first post about the event, so that people will know in advance that they can wait until the last day and collect them all at once, for the sake of not making people who logged in each day feel that their diligence wasn't worth anything.

3. Have next year's prizes be given out based on skill or effort or something, rather than just being given out randomly. I don't mind the system of having users obtain tickets to be entered in a raffle for the prizes, but have the attainment of those tickets be based on some factor other than just logging in and reading. Earning each ticket could be based on something different. One day's ticket could be earned by being one of the quickest 100 people to complete a puzzle (with the timer starting for each individual the moment they start the puzzle, rather than starting the moment the puzzle becomes available, so everyone has a fair shot). One day's ticket could be earned by receiving one of the top 500 scores in a [insert Christmas-themed item] decorating contest. One could be earned by completing a quest like the Halloween event. Perhaps even some of them could be earned in an easy way like simply logging in and reading something, but I think most of them should be earned because you did something better/faster/prettier than everyone else. Truth is, I just feel really helpless right now. I have my 12 raffle tickets, but so do thousands of other people. I wish that giving out the tickets had been based on effort or skill or something, so I could have won more tickets than other users and thus increased my chances. It shouldn't be so...random.

4. Give out a different prize dragon every year. I might have to put my foot in my mouth for this one, because I don't know if this year's prizes are tinsels or something different. I'm really hoping it's something different. If you just give out tinsels every year, then each year's tinsels' eggs will be less valuable than those from the year before, whereas if you give out a different dragon each year, then each year's dragons' eggs are equally special and unique and valuable, as well as being equally lucrative for the owners.

Edited by Renorei

My only regret is not going back and getting day 1, 2, and 3's ornaments. Oh well! Overall this was another great DC Christmas!

I can't wait to see what the new dragons look like. They already look stunning! GROW YOU LIL' BUGGERS, GROW!

I honestly don't care if this year's prizes are tinsels. As I've heard it be said all over this forum--the immediate offspring of caveborn tinsels will always be valuable.

Thanks so much for te new egg this Christmas and hard work.

Happy Holidays everyone. smile.gif