TJ09

2011-12-25 - Happy Holidays

Hmmm past midnight... Holidays are still dropping.

~Sorry! I hit edit instead of reply.~ rolleyes.gif

Edited by _Z_

Hmmm past midnight... Holidays are still dropping.

Or is it just that the ones that have already dropped are not moving? tongue.gif

Or is it just that the ones that have already dropped are not moving? tongue.gif

Well, yes what you said. lol But still shouldn't they just shut off or go away?

Edited by seranata

On the slim chance I won, I would go for a CB Holly. Tinsels are nice, but I only care about lineages for dragons that don't breed all year (they take a much more caring hand to create)- so a CB Holly would be much more precious.

Additionally it would be much easier to trade a 2nd gen holly for a 2nd gen tinsel than vice versa- and even a 2nd gen offspring of a holly could probably go over well (I have CB silver and gold both, so I could try for holly metallic kids).

Edited by zoreta

Well, yes what you said. But still shouldn't they just shut off or go away?

That was my understanding.

I guess TJ forgot to throw the switch. xd.png

Maybe the Raffle Tinsels (assuming) will be a different colour since there is no prize ranking. Maybe a blue Tinsel? That would assure that the originals would keep their value, and that the new prizes would not be lessened...

You know... I think I like the speculation best of all.

I would definitely go for a CB Holly, especially, if it is the same Tinsels than last year and not an altered version or a completely different prize dragon.

'course Tinsels last year traded great for everything they wanted, but I guess that by now mostly everyone has what they wanted in Tinsels. Might be just me. I see that opinions go different directions in the value here. smile.gif

Holly... I really, really, really, REALLY just want one T_T

They are beautiful. And I couldn't catch one this year either.

Honestly I am thinking about their value in trading as well, since my only valuable dragon is a CB gold.

On the other hand everyone can have just two of them so at one point there won't be more Hollies "needed" (completely exagerating, I know xd.png), IF they SHOULD be given as HM every year.

Last but not least: I never ever had even the slightest tiny little bit of luck in raffles or such so all the thinking is for nothing since I don't think I'll get anything. More likely many of last years decorators will be lucky ones this year as well ;P

Would be frustrating, sure. But that's what Raffles are, so no need to complain ^.^

It has been fun to read all the lovely stories, it was such easy to catch the new sprites that you could actually hunt them after codes you like, I've got a 2nd Gen Yule I am thankful for and all in all:

Thank you TJ, spriters, storywriters and everyone involved for a great holiday event biggrin.gif

Edited by shirubaaneko

I stayed up way too late hoping to nab a Leetle Tree tonight. Guess not.

I stayed up way too late hoping to nab a Leetle Tree tonight. Guess not.

Regular eggs now dropping. smile.gif

That was my understanding.

It could just be that he's busy and hasn't had a chance to turn it off yet. smile.gif But since it's now the 28th, it should be done soon, so I'll keep checking back every so often to see. Even though I'm egglocked and won't be able to grab any. sad.gif

Congrats to everyone who grabbed a couple of the new dragons. smile.gif Can't wait to see what they look like. And I'm also kind of excited for the cave to go back to normal too, now that all the excitement is over. xd.png

Edit: too slow. Guess everything is back to normal now!

Edited by StormWizard212

Im so excited to see these dragon grow up!!!! smile.gif

No Holly for me, though I actually saw several this year, unlike last year - but it's probably just as well, since I'm excessively fussy about generation and lineage.

I wonder why the one on the right is frozen? Has he ever done that before?

Yes, when the sprites are identical, he'll often freeze one.

Awww, I just saw the wreath decorating is no longer possible. sad.gif I had thought that one would be allowed to decorate it until New Year's Day. :/

The cave is back to normal. (A welcome shock.)

~ RMMC I missed, your post.~

Edited by _Z_

I don't think I can stand waiting another 11 hours to see these new dragons as adults.

If they're anything like the hatchlings, they will be simply gorgeous.

No Holly for me, though I actually saw several this year, unlike last year - but it's probably just as well, since I'm excessively fussy about generation and lineage.

You should definitely try next year. There was a beautiful 3rd even gen with Thuwed seasonals (3 + his Holly) as all 4 grandparents. Also, the one I grabbed last year and the one I grabbed this year to keep were both 2nd gens from Holly x White. And with more CBs most likely being produced this year, there should be even more great lineages to grab next year...not to mention that they'll be more grabbable each year thanks to teleport. smile.gif

Also, I can't stand it when it gets this close to seeing the new adult holiday sprites! I'm so impatient. xd.png Luckily, I've never been disappointed - IMO, every holiday dragon I have is beautiful and more than worth the wait.

Well, this was certainly fun.

Hope you had fun as well _Z_

Quick Edit: I ALMOST had a holly. Unfortunately, I forgot that I had 6 eggs...and thus couldn't grab it. Thems the brakes.

Edited by warriorjames

Wait, how is there new CB Hollies? o.0!

The people who win HM in the raffle get to choose a dragon. That dragon is a CB (even if it's an alt or colored Stripe), so the people who choose Hollies get CB Hollies.

Not sure where you are getting that info from - but it is wrong

the raffle is to win a CB prize ie Tinsel dragon. you don't get to chose a dragon.

Has there been any confirmation that Honorable Mentions will be given out in this raffle? The phrase 'don't count your dragons chickens before they hatch' has never been more appropriate.

If there was some confirmation by TJ of HMs, I'll be quiet. But seriously, I keep seeing them brought up for no reason other than that they were around last year. There was NO mention of it this year, so don't get your hopes up!