Tari157

Forgotten Hatchlings of Ivina

What do you think of this RP?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Elpida thought.'nothing good, that's for sure.'She gritted her sharp teeth. wind..strong wind was building up, outside. wind... thecave... waterfall.... THey had to go out the cave!

-Cai was watching the hatchlings when she felt a shivering feeling jolt her body and make it move as if to retreat. Her body, as a Terrae dragon, was as sensetive as the trees arond her. Sticking her nose high in the air she tasted the winds and they bit back, hard. For a moment she pondered wheres she would stay this time, to hide. Then, she recalled the little Ivina dragons possibly cowering behind a waterfall. Cai felt another shiver and, after a forlorn look to the Forest of Ancients and an opologetic one to the young forest before her, she leapt out of her only home and ran towards the cave. Her foot steps rumbled loudly and the ground shook beneath them. As the wind began to buffet her large flanks, she picked up her speed, and so did the wind. It certainly was not long before she reached the cave. She crashed into the water causing miniature tsunamis to slap at the shores outside the cave and against the rocks. Her body lowered quickly and submerged itself under the waterfall, blocking it easily and closing off the cave. The waterfall redirected itself over her bare side and she supressed a shocked yelp at how cold it was, instead she gritted her teeth and spoke for the first time in a very long time.-

"Please do not be afraid. Behind me, you will be safe. No harm will come to you. Please be patient my dear young hatchlings, I will only stay until the comming storm has passed."

-Cai spoke softly, gently, but it was still a grand voice. She was hoping that they would not be too afraid. She often thought how she might meet the hatchlings, but it never occurred to her, something like this, would happen.-

When the huge green dragon settled herself in front of the cave, Atra woke from her meditation with a jolt. Lifting her head, she gazed at the huge Terrae, and her instincts made her rise and bow to her. Wings half-spread, one paw lifted off the ground and curled under her body, head lowered, she assumed the position she worked so hard to learn all those months ago. Without moving, she spoke to the dragoness, "It is an honor, Great One. We thank you for your protection of us against the oncoming storm. I am known as Atra. Please, may I know your name?"

-Cai hadn't expected to be treated so graciously upon her intrusion but she was glad for the respect she recieved.- "I am Ikzcai, I have lived in the Forest of Ancients since they were mere seeds in the ground. You can trust me young Atra. I have been guardian to the lands and to you since you were eggs. You were never alone, and I would never have interferred in your lives unless they were in danger as they are now. Do not thank me for protecting you my beloved, for it is my will, and it is my wish." -Keeping her voice low, she made sure to hide the strain in her voice as she is battered by the onslaught of wind, and now piercing sheets of rain.-

Slowly, Atra rose from her bow, but kept her eyes lowered as a sign of respect for Ikzcai. "We are truely grateful, Great Ikzcai, for your kindness." She retreated to her corner, once again curling herself up. She began to levitate her books into her pack, finally closing the buckle of the pack when they were all safely tucked into the brown canvas bag. If worst came to worst, she would want to be able to get away quickly, and not have to worry about her books. With that thought in mind, she began to murrmer a quick charm to make the bag water resistant. She wish, futivly, that she had the neccessary supplies to make it fully waterproof, but she didn't. This would have to do for now.

Elpida looked in awe. She was so large... She must have lived through thousand year. Elpida wadis not trust one easily, but Elpida couldn't help but to trust this mighty dragon. Her green scales covered Elpida's vision. Protectied from the storm, she was sheltered and warm, and nothing reached her exept for the sound of raging wind and storming rain. The sound consumed the world. Between the wind she heard cracks of tree dieing. It broke her heart.

Darkshimmer was startled as the giant green dragon thudded into the cave. As soon as it introduced itself, however, she felt more at ease. "Thank you, oh great guardian. We owe you our lives."

Violet tipped her head way back to look at the Terrae dragon that had entered the cave. The winds almost drowning out her voice completely, she shouted, "Wh-what's happening!? Why is water falling from the sky!? What is that booming and flashing!?" Her heart did backflips in her chest, and Violet's tail lashed back and forth in fear. Would they really be okay?

((Remember, she is only a few days old! First storm yet ;P))

"It's okay..."

Elpida wrapped her tail around the little hatchling.

(Hey moonbeam22, is san approved?)

Edited by sueprin

As Tyra continued to chase the little green bug, she suddenly collided with something large, scaley, and green! She tumbled backwards with a peep of surprise, landing on her back. She lay there dazed for a moment before rolling back to her feet and gazing up at the large dragon with her enormous purple eyes. With a squeal of fright, she scrambled to Violet, hiding behind her.

((I never saw his/her application... Also, do you think it's be okay if I made an OCC for this? It would be eaiser to keep track of applications and keep this thread clear of spam))

Violet appriciated her friend's comfort, but the storm was still very frightening. Ridgewings could not fly well in rain, and she knew it.

Darkshimmer listened as the wind howled outside. "What's going on!? Everything was good and ok, but suddenly..."

((darkshimmer here!

We need more male dragons, I think..

User Name: sueprin

Name: san

Appearance: sturdy looking. he has shiny blue scales. his silver marks is all over his body and his tail has silver stripe. His eyes are Orange-ish red. 

Personality:happy, exited. talkative. He is very social, friendly and also flirty. He doesn't notice he is flirty, though, so he often gives a wrong impression by mistake.

He can seem dangerously carefree at times.

Species of dragon:Royal blue

Other: meh, I want chocolates ))

((here, and I was going to suggest a ooc too, So I'd like it but let's shoot tari a pm and see if she responds. ))

Elpida didn't know what it was either. But the trees had told her of the dangers.

Edited by sueprin

"E-Elpiddaa.....What do we do now? This happened before mom and dad left... I remember... My egg shook a lot, and I couldn't feel mom's or dad's presence..."

Edited by Celebi112

((pssssssst Ikzcai can't really go into the cave, well.... mybe the tip of her nose would fit all the way in.... but not without it being a very close fit. She's outside the cave with her flank pressed against the entrance and taking the waterfall over her like a blanket....albeit a cold one xd.png))

-Cai silently prayed to the sky to clear soo to keep the hatchlings from harm, but this would sooner happen than Cai leaving in the middle of the store. It was going to be a very long day today. Grey and angry clouds rolled above and carried it's burping anger with a bright daggers that pierced the sky, attempting to split it open and relieve it's bloating body. Rain poured out heavily where the daggers pierced, hundres of thousands of liquid crystals blazed through the sky that ignitied with a terrible fury. Cai was unfortunate to take the brunt of the storm, constantly attacked by the beating blades of scissoring light and heat, but her body had so long ago become immune to the antics of the earth. This was very little to handle in comparison to the untold destruction that might have occured had she not been here to cover the cave with her own body. Cai still hadn't had the chance to see the hatchlings and all they saw of her was her scaly greed hide. T'was a pity but it was also an honor to be their shield in despite of it all.-

Azalea almost rolled off her ledge in surprise as a loud crash! echoed through the cave. "What's going on?" she cried over the loud howling. With tired feet she trotted down the rocks leading up to her little ledge and landed on the ground with unnatural grace, though she was ready to fall asleep. Shivers racked her small body and she cried out as the cold winds pierced her scales.

Azalea scrambled back up to the ledge and snatched her rabbit pelt up. She picked her way back down and sat down, draping the fur over her shoulders. "W-would an-anyone l-like to sh-sh-share?" she called out, her teeth clattering together as another wind found its way to her. Luckily, the pelt blocked much of it, and Azalea's shivering slowly, but surely, stopped.

Tyra shivered and whimpered. "V-violet...Vi, I'm scared!" she cried out above the noise of the storm. Seeing Azalea under a furry rabbit pelt, Tyra scurried over to her and dove under the rabbit skin, curling up close to Azalea. She continued to whimper and cry softly, extremely frightened. "W-what's happening?"

Atra tugged on the last strap, fastening her bag around her shoulders. "It's a storm. A particularly nasty storm, by the sound." She lifted her head and looked at the hatchlings scattered around the cave. Some seemed frightened, other worried. She blinked, feeling that these hatchlings needed some way of comfort. She looked at Darkshimmer, mentally scolding the pygmy for not showing confidence and not comforting the hatchlings. She thought for a moment, then spoke "Why don't we all gather in a circle in the center of the cave? We'll be warmer if we do."

-Cai could hear the commotion inside, and at Atra's suggestion she felt herself nodding.- "You should listen to her, young dragons. There is sense in what she says. Take heed, gather for warmth and remain calm, for nothing will happen to you while I am here."-she stated in her same, gentle whisper. Sypathy drug it's claws along her spine and made Cai shift closer into the cave to block more of the wind with her large body.-

Edited by Chasilin

Azalea shivered a bit as Tyra curled up next to her, but was happy to share the pelt. "I think..... I think that's what everyone wants to know," she peeped, listening to the water that fell from the sky hit the ground. She jumped as another CRASH! sounded and huddled closer to Tyra. Hearing Atra and the strange voice agreeing with her, she nudged Tyra in the direction she wanted to go.

Edited by UmbreWulf

"Well, I guess I should pull myself together for the others..." Thought Darkshimmer to herself as she sat up and said, "I agree with the magi dragon. Great Guardian, how long do you think it will be before the storm ends?"

-Cai closed her eyes to concentrate on the small voices that chirped beyond the barrier of her body and the crashing of waterfall, sleeting rain, and erupting sky.- "I am afraid that not even I can know for the time being young one. This storm has only just begun to taste the power it possesses."-Somehow the mood felt as heavy as she knew the clouds where with it's stores of collected water, like grief botled up inside itself. To change to a lighter topic Cai proposed the nickname that her mother had given her a very, very long time ago.-"You needn't adress me so formally. I may be well into my three or four thousand years of age, but I am your friend. Long ago, I was as small as you and I had a very kind mother. She named me Ikzcai and she as well nicknamed me Cai. It would do my heart good if you would call me Cai."-she said with a smile she knew they could not see but she did nothing to hide it in her voice.-

Edited by Chasilin

Elpida was standing still. She was trieng to make sense of the howlings of the trees. They have never been so loud, but nor have they ever been so ununderstandable. Only thing Elpida way able to understand was that they were in pain. And something about the..... Eye? As she listen to half mad cries, she only grew more fearful. Still, they might be only thing to help them after cai had fallen. So Elpida edged near cai and tried to listen.

Wind, light flashes. They seemed to be getting harsher.

"it's getting more violent... And it will get worse " Elpida said. Yet trees told her of some kind of silence.

((if cai can't stand it, they will have to leave the cave. Thunderbolt is electricity and their cave opening is waterfall. You know, water-electricity?))