Tari157

Forgotten Hatchlings of Ivina

What do you think of this RP?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Yes, but not very well. I crash more often than fly," Atra told Violet in a dry tone. "If you want to learn, I'd suggest not jumping off cliffs. I got a broken leg first time I tried that. Thanks to a kind wizard, it healed quickly, but don't follow my example." She looked at the rabbit for a moment and her nose twisted. "I should have expected this." she muttered, half to herself. She shrugged, there wasn't enough rabbit left to bother cooking, so she spread her wings and brought them down with a rush of air. After a few more flaps, she managed to lift about a foot off the ground and hover there, then landed again. "Flying is like that, except much higher and for longer periods of time." she told the ice hatchling.

Tyra's deep purple eyes widened. "Woah....," she said breathlessly, watching the older hatchling. "..so that's flying?" She was quite interested. Turning her head, she looked at her back and shoulders. Her mood saddened, not seeing any wings, and her head drooped.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Getting and idea, Violet backed up on the ledge, ran forward a couple of strides, and leapt off of the rock. She snapped her wings open, and gently glided down to the cave floor. "That was awesome!" she spueaked, already scrambling up onto the ledge to do it again.

Tyra's head snapped up, seeing the Ridgewing suddenly jumps from the ledge and glide right over top of her. "You did it, Violet! You did it!" she squealed, jumping up. Once again, though, the weight of not having any wings fell on her like a large boulder and she sat back down, her enthusiasm crushed. Tyra just having hatched the day before, she didn't know that ice dragons didn't hatch with wings and that her wings would grow in later.

Atra glanced over at the crestfalled Ice hatchling. "It took me some time before I grew my wings. Not all of us are born with the ability to fly." She gently rested a taloned paw on Tyra's shoulder, then quickly took it away and retreated a step.

"So.....I...I will get wings?" Tyra asked timidly, scratching the stone floor a little with her tiny claws. Her tail wrapped around her legs.

"Yes." Atra nodded once, quickly. Her mind returned to the day she first spread her wings, and she smiled to herself, remembering. Then the smile faded as she remembered the single fact that had guided her to be a traveler; her parents had not wanted her. She pushed those thoughts away and scolded herself mentally.

With that, Tyra smiled and began tearing away at her piece of meat. Her teeth were beginning to grow and become sharper but she still had to work hard at tearing away the meat from the bone.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

"Thanks," Violet chirped at Tyra's compliment. She once again charged off the edge, only to glid gently down in wide circles. She did this a few times until she became very dizzy, and fell head over paws onto the cave floor after landing. Slightly cross-eyed, she giggles nd said, "I'm diiiiiizzyyy..."

Tyra finished her meat and seeing a chance to attack Violet, let out a cute roar and jumped on top of the ridgewing. "Gotcha!"

Violet squealed in surprise as Tyra tackled her. As he two hatchlings tumbled to the ground, Violet cuffed Tyra sorry over the head, and nipped at her tail playfully.

Elpida looked in awe as magi flew. Elpida wanted wings too, she thought enviously. neotropical dragon were so weak. They didn't have any special power like magi, nor were they good fighters or hunters. Elpida saw dragons eating leftover rabbit. she decided to get them something. she exited to the forest, scenting for preys. She wondered if she should get some bedding for the magi, too.

Edited by sueprin

Tyra growled playfully and waved her paws in the air, trying to grab a hold of Violet's wing with her small jaws. Even though Tyra didn't have wings yet, she was special in her own way. As she lay on the ground, playing with Violet, the stone floor beneath her gradually became colder.

Something shiny from near the outside of the waterfall suddenly caught her Violet's eye. I'll be right back..." she said and walked towards it. When she came to it, she found it was only a human's dagger. However, the himan's bag lay near it too. Curiousity overcame her, and she carefully opened it up and perked inside.

She found some really foul smelling food, a notebook and pen, another dagger, rope, and a very old, very large book. As carefully as she could, Violet pulled the book out of the bag and rested it on her back before heading back to the cave.

Edited by Moonbeam22

Tyra, arms and legs flailing, rolled over and rose to her feet. She shook the dust off her before trotting after Violet cutely. "What is it Violet?" she asked, looking at the strange objects on the Ridgewing's back with her inquisitive violet eyes.

Elpida looked around, searching for food. She climbed up on a tree. On the tree was a bird. She pounced, but the bird fluttered and flew out of reach. She felt like it was teasing her. she quickly jumped from branch to branch as quick as a squirrel, and caught it. she saw the human camp. she was shocked. she didn't realize that she went so far. The humans were searching something. Elpida quickly headed back to the cave. She found Tyra and violet looking at some human thing.

Back at the cave, Violet flopped down in her nest and took the book off of her back. "It's called a book," she replied, carefully opening it up. She had opened to a page with Canopy dragons on them. Written in runes that, for some strange reason Violet could read, was all the information you could ever need on that species of dragon. Violet excitedly flipped through the pages until she found the section on ridgewings. She eagerly began reading about her kind with wide eyes. She had found one of the few books ever written by dragons, on everyhong about dragons in general, and each species in particular.

Rising, the young magi dragon approched Violet, gazing at the runes on the pages. "From the way you look at the pages, I'd say you could read these runes." she frowned. "How old is your knowledge? I know nothing of these runes."

"I....I don't know. Maybe that's my gift. Reading runes?" she said shakily. Violet had no idea how in the world she could read it, but it was her great, great grandfather who had written it, so said the cover. She knew it was her grandfather because it had his paw mark on the inside cover in ink. It was the same shape and texture as her's.

Tyra followed Violet eagerly and plopped down beside her, examining the pages. Her eyes widened a bit at the colors, different species of dragons, and the strange runes. She craned her neck over the book, looking for any sign of dragons that looked like her. "...there are....a lot of dragons in this book," she commented slowly.

Elpida looked at the book. She saw a paw mark. it had scribbles on it, quite different from one on the magi's book. She peered. Violet was flipping to page with ridgewing drawing. She wanted to look at neotropical dragons, but she thought it would be rude.

She looked at violet. knowing about the dragons and their species would help.

She wondered if Violet could read the writing on the walls.or maybe the magi hatch ling?

Seeing he other dragon's curious looks and they searched for their species, Violet flipped to the section with neotropocal dragons and showed the pictures to Elpida.

"A strange sort of gift," Atra murrmered, padding over to the pack. Her nose wrinkled at the smell of the rotten food as she levitated it out of the pack. Allowing herself a soft growl, she flung it out into the forest beyond the cave. Finding the rope and daggers, she smiled slightly. What luck! Rope is very useful, and daggers are an added bonus! The two daggers rose slowly into the air, coming to hover by her sides. She smiled to herself and nodded once. Levitating the rope as well, she walked back over to her own pack and set them down on top.

Tyra continued to gaze at the book in awe. There were so many different species of dragons! Green ones, red ones, blue ones, even shiny gold ones! She make happy dragon clicking and crooning sounds as she eagerly watched Violet flip the pages.

Violet finally came to a page with Ice dragons. "They look just like you Tyra!" she exclaimed, pointing to one of the pictures.