Tari157

Forgotten Hatchlings of Ivina

What do you think of this RP?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finding she was totally alone, Tyra sat down dejectedly. "Where is everyone?!" she called out loud in frustration. Her stomach growled loudly and she stared down at it. "I know I know.... you're hungry.....b-but I can't go out there! Not after what happened..."

((There are some rules you have to read and also a character form to fill out on the first post of this thread. ^^ After you've filled out the character form, send it to Tari157 through a pm. 83 @Lilac Inkdream))

(Thank you. I don't think I caught the part about PMing Tari157 when I read the front page.)

(Edit: Accepted. Thank you Tari!)

A bright orange hatchling with eyes the color of a sunny, cloudless summer sky padded wearily through the forest. She wore a sort of saddlebag set on her back, into which food, books, pens and ink were tucked. The purple and silver necklace she wore glinted slightly in the warm sunlight. She lifted her head, sighting a cave ahead. Maybe a weyr. Maybe I can stay here for a while. she thought and changed direction, heading to the cave entrance.

Edited by Lilac Inkdream

Once Violet finished her share of the meat, she stepped out into the pond at he entrance of the cave to drink some more. She guzzled down the cold, clear water until she was no longer thirsty. Though it stung her wound, she waded around in the pond to clean the dried blood and dirt from her scales.

Catching sight of a hatchling wading in a pool of water next to the entrance, Atra sped up slightly, walking faster. She slowed down when she got closer and stopped althogether when she reached the entrance. Clearing her throat nervously, she asked "Erm, excuse me, but do you think I could stay here for the night? There isn't much good shelter around this place." She shifted nervously, watching the hatchling for a reaction.

Violet looked up as a (magi?) hatchling came up and asked if she could stay for the night. She seemed nice enough, and she was at least asking. Coming to a conclusion, Violet nodded and replied, "Sure! We don't have any extra nests, but your welcome to stay with us for awhile."

Edited by Moonbeam22

Atra supressed a soft sigh of relief, determined not to show how worried she was at staying out in the dark alone, at night. The magi hatchling bowed her head for a moment, "Thank you". She looked at the water for a moment, then awkwardly skipped-jumped-flew over the pool and into the cave. She glanced around at the cave and blinked "A clan made entirely of hatchlings? That's something I haven't seen before" she murrmered to herself as she walked over to a corner, talons clicking off the stone floor. Curling up in the corner, she took a piece of bread out from her bag and took a bite out of it as she took out her journal and began to write.

"Do we have a new arrival?" Azalea's voice rang out through the entire cave as she pulled herself to a sitting position and surveyed the clearing below. An unfamiliar Magi sat in a corner, with a collection of weird items. She chewed on something brown, and held another strange object in her talons. "And yes, we are in fact a Clan of hatchlings. Our parents are gone. Every single one of them," she said, her voice taking a sadder tone. With a tiny sigh, she withdrew her head and curled back up on the ledge, watching the others from above.

((Her ledge is about 15-20 feet up, by the way.))

"Who is that guy?" Nemura asked Elpida as she pointed at the Magi hatchling. A collection of weird items were around her and it was writing with that unusal looking stick thing that gleamed in the sunlight. Being her curious self, she trotted besides her and push her face rudely into the journal. "What does all of the scibbles mean?" she asked her as she slowly dug her face in it more. Of cause a hatchling wouldn't know what this writing means.

Atra yelped and lifted her pen high-ish into the air, away from the curious hatchling. Pushing her away from the journal with one paw, she glared at her. "Those 'scribbles' are letters. This is my journal, and I'll thank you to keep out of it," she told the hatchling in a haughty tone. With a soft "humph" she turned back to her journal and began writing again.

Violet followed the hatchlinv back inside the cave. When she saw her "writing," she became very curious. Climbing onto a ledge above her, she hung upside down and inquirer, "What are words? How do you write?"

"I wanna learn how to write," she grumbled as she felt herself get pushed away with one claw. Nemura didn't really mind feeling herself get pushed away, but all she wanted was to watch this hatchling 'write' in this weird 'journal' thing. She move back towards the magi hatchling, placing her head on her small head on its shouder and watched it 'write' more. Her eye were locked into the pen as were ever it went, a small trail of ink followed after it. Nemura wondered if such an item exists or not, it seem so... well too werid. How can anyone think up such an idea and create it? Nemura wondered who invented writing anyway.

Tyra, finally spotting Violet, brightened up immensely. "Violet!" she squeaked happily, running over to her. Taking a running leap, she jumped up onto the ledge and tackled the other hatchling, lying on Violet's back. She began play biting Violet's wing; her teeth weren't that sharp yet so she was harmless to the older hatchling.

Writing? What is that? What is a journal? Azalea thought, considering getting off the ledge. But Atra looked like she needed her space and shifted on her ledge so she could see the 'letters' and 'words'. That's so cool. You could make a 'journal' about your life and share it! Maybe you could make some stories! Awesome! Her tail swung back and forth in excitement, hanging off the ledge like a vine.

"Hi Tyra!" Violet chirped happily as the little Ice hatchling climbed onto her back. She giggled as she nipped on her wings. "That tickles!" she said, giggling uncontrolably.

"Rawr!" Tyra growled playfully, tugging at the wing. Again, being such a small hatchling, she was not very strong. Still, she tugged away, determined to defeat her "foe", Violet's wing. Accidentally falling off Violet's back, she squealed a bit in surprise but continued to chew playfully on the ridgewing's broad, beautiful wing. The little ice hatchling didn't seem to take much interest in the new hatchling's journal, pen, or writing like the others did. Of course, she was younger than the rest of the hatchlings and seemed focused on playing at the moment.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

The tip of Atra's tail twitched as the two hatchlings peered over her shoulder. She didn't want others to see what she wrote in this journal, as she related the thoughts she hid away to the white sheets. The hatchlings seemed curious as to what writing was, so she ignored it and let them watch as she magically levitated the pen to write.

Elpida walked in to the cave, following nemura. there was a strang hatchling holding something. Elpida raised her eyebrows. She did not see her before and she was certain that she knew every Ivina hatchling . Hatchlings did not seem angry or afraid. Elpida nodded at her, greeting her.

Still, she wondered. why was she staying here? didn't she have a home?

Edited by sueprin

A flash of movement at the corner of her eye made Atra lift her head from her journal long enough to nod in return to the hatchling who had just entered. In the brief moments she looked at the just-come hatchling, she took in her stance. The hatchling seemed calm, dignified, canny. The sort of hatchling that might make a good leader someday. But she seemed to be following the other hatchling, so maybe she was sort of a helper? Atra's bright blue eyes flickered back to her journal as these thoughts were recorded by the floating pen.

Giving Tyra a playful shove, Violet looked back over at the magi hatchling. "How do you make that float?" she asked. The little ridgewing was so curious, and eager to learn and understand the ways of he world.

"Levitation is one of my Gifts. The use of magic comes naturally to Magi dragons, but not all of us have the same Gifts. I was blessed with Levitation." Atra responded, finishing a sentance in the journal. A small cloth lifted from her pack and rose to clean the tip of ink, then they both returned themselves to the pack where they had come from. The journal followed them, tucking itself in neatly, before the buckle fastened itself over top of the items. Leaving the pack in the corner, she rose carefully, shaking out her bright orange wings.

Tyra squealed as she tumbled head over heels a few feet away. She clumsily picked herself up off the ground and shook her wings. Padding over to Atra curiously, she peered at her journal with wide, inquisitive violet eyes. Her indigo tail flicked back and forth as the little ice hatchling watched Atra levitate things. However, she did not speak to the magi hatchling, being quite shy.

Craning her neck, she turned and looked up at Violet. "I'm hungry....do we have anything to eat?" she asked timidly.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

"Yes, Azalea caught a rabbit. There's still some left if you want it." she replied. As the magi hatchling shook out her wings, Violet absentmindedly looked at hers. They had grown! Coming out of nowhere, Violet asked the magi, "Do you know how to fly?"

Tyra nodded and hurried over to what was left of the rabbit and tore off a leg. Dragging it back over to Violet, she began eating. She was still curious about the magi. "...F-fly?" she repeated, looking at Violet as if she didn't quite understand.