Tari157

Forgotten Hatchlings of Ivina

What do you think of this RP?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Elpida woke up. She realized most of dragons were gone. Worried, elpida ran, searching for a scent. She noticed hatchlings fighting two legged dragon. And pygmy, too. She paused, but this was no time for splitting teams. She retreated back and started climbing a tree. Jumping from tree to tree, she reached the place. She crouched in a branch, looking. They seemed to be unable to run away because of a fainted hatchling. She wondered if she should attack the animal holding that hatchling, but she decided to knock out at least one of creature before they ran.

The sweetling hadn't gotten far since he left the safety of the Ivina cave. At first, it was because of his awkward, bumbling steps, still new and foreign, that slowed down his earnest intention of catching up with the fun ice and friendly ridgewing and the source of those high squeals. But then his stomach protested insistently, still not fed since leaving the confines of his egg, so he figured one small little itsy bitsy teeny weeny mini detour from his original plans couldn't hurt and those interesting, bright, eye catching red things growing in the green stuff looked really tasty...

Before long, he found himself lost in his own little world, nibbling on whatever little berries he could find. Sweet, juicy, berries. The red juices dribbled down his snout as he let out a happy sigh. Perfection.

It wasn't until he heard shuffling near him that he broke out of his berry reverie. The sweetling glanced over to see a lithe green neotropical dart past him, coming from the direction of the cave. The squeals reintroduced themselves in his mind, worse than before. And now that the sounds of the waterfall wasn't blocking out half the noise of the distant commotion, he realized that he was hearing whimpers and growls and all the signs of some sort of fight. He couldn't believe he didn't figure this out earlier. Danger was near.

He shuffled on his feet, now feeling extremely hesitant on the idea of getting closer to the noise. Should he try to reunite with the ice and ridgewing and attempt to help them? He shook his head. Not one part of him felt that brave; there was nothing he could do - he just hatched - he doesn't know how to hold his own in a fight - what good would he be? He shook his head again. No. He was just trying to convince himself out of this. He could do this. He could help save them... right? He swallowed thickly, resolving to move forward, though not feeling at all confident. Besides, a quick peek couldn't hurt anyone, right?

The sweetling followed the path of the neotropical, watching as the creature deftly scaled a tree to get into a tactical position against the... well, whatever was hurting his friends. It seemed like a good idea; the enemies would have no idea he was there, so he could pounce on them from above, knocking them out (of course) and then flee with the others before they woke up! Yes. A very good idea.

He approached the tree and as quickly as possible clawed his way up the bumpy bark, using the branches to his advantage as much as possible, instinctively using his tail to grip onto the branches as a fifth limb for better balance. He noticed the neotropical jumping from tree to tree in the distance and followed suit, almost falling a couple of times. Finally, he reached the same tree the neotropical was on and swung himself (using his tail) onto a nearby branch.

He peered down below. And blinked. What were those two legged things? They seemed so much more powerful than he imagined, especially considering all the other dragons struggling to bring just one of them down together. And... was that blood?

He readjusted his grip on the branch in nervousness. Would pouncing from above really do anything to help, or just put him in the path of danger like the others? He swallowed. Perhaps this was not the greatest idea after all.

Blue caught his vision, attracting his attention. He could just make out the slight glitter of scales in a nearby bush. Ice? Was it the other hatchling he knew? Should he investigate or try to help the others? He froze where he was, conflicted.

What now?

((An attempt to kind of jump back in... are we planning for the humans to win this bout or the hatchlings?))

Edited by Kigyptnee

Elpida noticed a hatchling next to her. She was startled, but perhaps he could help her. he looked like he was going to pounce like her. She didn't know if it would work. they might collide, or he might make noises and make the creatures notice them. He seem to have just hatched, and though Elpida wasn't much better, He looked afraid.

she whispered. "I'll take the creatures. you get the captive hatchling and run with others. I'll take care of them, but don't go straight to cave unless I'm back.. or if night comes."

((OOC: no idea. It was tiffashy's idea and she rp the humans..))

Edited by sueprin

((Hey hey? Someone needs some sleep chu know? Yeah, anyone can rp as the humans cause no one owns them. My Sparrowtail is knocked out right now and I don't think there is anything that she could do right now :3

Do we want the humans to win or the hatchlings? I was just totally going along with it tongue.gif))

((Hey Tiffashy, you keep calling your dragon a Sparrowtail. If it is the colorful, two tailed dragon from DC it's called a Swallowtail. wink.gif

Without waiting for a reply, Alpida jumped down and attacked with claws. not seeing if that her attacked got the human, she jumped toward the thing with the hatchling. Not having enough time to weild that larg metal thing, it pulled out a smaller one. Alpida didn't stop. She bit and tore the human, killing it, but dagger got her just beneath the chest.

Azalea climbed up the two legged creature's soft skin, her claws sinking in easily. It continued to jump about and scream as Azalea sank her teeth into its leg higher up. Apparently it was more sensitive in this area (Back of the knee) because it jumped again and ran around in circles. She jumped off with a squeal of surprise as it collapsed, dead. (Alpida) She saw the hatchling that it had captured and nosed her way under the fleshy top limb, grabbed her scruff-like area gently in her jaws, and started to pull. Man, this hatchling is as big as me! she thought, trying to get Numera onto her shoulders. As she slid on, Azalea almost collapsed at the sudden weight. She could feel breathing, but that was it. "She's alive!" Azalea called out to no one in particular. She started to slowly trudge back to the waterfall cave. Little hatchling legs, please don't collapse or let me trip. I need to be strong to carry this Swallowtail. Please, she prayed, slowly moving onward. As the cave came into view, she sighed with relief. Picking up her pace, she reached it in no time. She set Numera down in her half-built nest and sat down next to her protectively.

((Lol, i keep forgetting how to spell my name and my breed's name xd.png

There isn't much that I could do right now, and sorry for ignoreing your post UmbreWolf xP Couldn't find it before))

Tyra then stood up, seeing Azalea successfully rescue Nemura. Turning to Violet, she put on a brave face and the little hatchling attempted to get Violet back to the cave. She nosed her way under Violet so that the ridgewing was supported on the tiny ice hatchling's back, then she began to make her way towards the cave, hoping and praying that the weird two-leggeds wouldn't see her.

Sprigg flapped away as one of the humans collapsed. He wasn't sure what had happened -- perhaps one of the hatchlings had managed to sever the femoral artery or... something. He honestly had no clue, since he'd just been clawing at its face.

As the bright pygmy swooped past the humans once more he was pleased to see they were more interested in their fallen comrade than the babies. He gave a sharp squawk of victory and glided towards the girls, his eyes glittering with excitement.

"There! There," he chirped as he landed and galloped around them. "We won! Excellent, ye-- eh... is she dying?" Sprigg slowed to a trot and twisted his head this way and that as he eyed the injured hatchling.

"It looks like she's dying," he coos softly. "Get her inside and apply pressure to the wounds if they're still bleeding. And whatever you do, don't lick it. That'll just make it worse."

Sprigg fluttered his wings in dismay as he trailed behind the whelps and began to think of a new plan.

Elpida staggered. she still had the dagger in her body. world was getting... swirly. But she couldn't faint now. Some creature could fallow the hatchlings. Elpida had no idea what she should do. perhaps she could lead these things away from the caves.

Tyra grunted and heaved as she managed to get closer and closer to the cave with injured Violet. However, it was quite challenging since the ice hatchling had only hatched hours before. "I can do it, don't give up!" she kept telling herself over and over. She couldn't let Violet die.

Sprigg twittered to himself as he trudged after Tyra and Violet. He suddenly heaved a great sigh as they near the assumed safety of the waterfall and shook his head.

"Well," he piped up. "I think the best thing we can do is wait for nightfall and see what we can scavenge from the humans. They should have something that'll help. A tonic... or at least food." He paused as he eyed the injured hatchling.

"Obviously she won't be able to hunt or move until she's healed. I sincerely doubt that the humans have a white dragon with them, or even anything magical." Sprigg frowned has he went on, "Which is something we should be grateful for."

Tyra looked at Sprigg as she tried to figure out what he meant by tonic. Being a hatchling, she was still trying to figure out the language but she assumed he meant that the weird two-leggeds might have something that would heal Violet. "..h-humans?" Tyra repeated, "Is that what those weird two-legged creatures are?" She grunted as she started up the steep slope to the waterfall cave with her injured friend.

"Of course," Sprigg said with a roll of the eyes. "They're pretty crazy; always throwing out the best things!"

"They usually don't attack without being provoked, so I'm betting somebody pissed them off. I mean," he shrugged and darted through the curtain of water. "They'll even feed you if you can do it right. It's all in the presentation."

The pygmy bounced around in demonstration, then plopped his little butt down on the cold stone floor of the cave and reared up. He pretended to coo and chirp sweetly at some unseen human towering above him, clearly begging for treats. He winked to Tyra and flicked his tail.

"Like that. Unfortunately, we're not going for handouts tonight. We're going to see what kind of camp they have and take what we can."

Tyra managed to get Violet safely into a soft nest. Turning to Sprigg, she tilted her head to the side. "So...like this?" she asked, mimicking his movements. She pondered the thought for a moment. Humans... Maybe they were the reason all the parents left.

Sprigg nodded and and flashed Tyra an impish grin. "Just make sure to make your eyes all big and dewy. If you even smack your lips and lick them that'll help. The key is to not look threatening at all."

The Pygmy pranced in place as he went on. "Humans don't like thinking anything can hurt them. They want to be the biggest, bestest beastie of them all. Oooh, and they're smart. They can do all kinds of things we can't."

"They're crazy-amazing," he chuckled wistfully. "All kinds of different ones, just like us. The only difference is that they don't come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes like us. It's easy for idiots to lump them all together."

"O-oh ok," Tyra replied, standing up. "So...what do we do now? Violet needs help right away," she reminded him, looking sadly at the ridgewing who had bravely tried to rescue Nemura.

Sprigg shook his head in dismay. "We can't sneak in to their camp in the middle of the day. We'll end up just like her."

He leaped up on to a small outcropping and snaked his head down to the floor to lick at the slicked rocks. "For now there's not much we can do. We can try and find a white dragon, but I've never actually run into one. It could easily be a waste of time, effort, and resources."

"I mean, I don't know about you, but I'm not too keen on prancing back out into the woods and risking getting a second whelpling hurt for no reason."

Tyra sat down dejectedly. "Okay...," she sighed reluctantly. She started to pace back and forth, still very worried.

Nemura's eyes shot opened. She threw herself back up, cheaking around herself quickly. She relaxed when she saw Azalea defensively standing besides her. "Azalea," she breathed out. The Swallowtail dragon calmed down and layed back down into the half made nest. "Is Violet okay?" she spoke worriedly, remembering the ridgewing that got surronded by humans before she blacked out. She felt horrible for causing her friends to come and save her and they got hurt. She couldn't bare the thought of Violet lying on the ground not moving with a pool of blood around her. Nemura stared at her with wide eyes, praying that she wouldn't tell her that Violet got hurt or worse. If she got captured...Nemura would never forgive herself or if she got killed.

Hearing Nemura's voice, Tyra perked up. "Nemura!" she cried, running over to the Swallowtail. "You're ok!!" She nudged Nemura excitedly.

"Tyra!" She cried out, nudging Tyra back. "Of cause i'm okay, is Violet alright?" Nemura sounded worried again. She moved around in her nest uncomfortablely, pushing twigs away to get more room for herself. Before she heard an answer from Tyra, she coughed loudly and threw herself back onto the ground while coughing violently. Her small un matured wings wrapped around her thorat to try and force the odject back out of it while kicking her kangaroo legs into the air.

Tyra's eyes widened. "Nemura? Nemura, are you alright?" The little ice hatchling noticed something was stuck in her throat. "H-hold on, Nemura!" she cried, running on top of a large boulder. She crouched down then lept off of the boulder, landing on the Swallowtail's back, hoping to expel the foreign object from Nemura's throat.

She stared at Tyra with shock when she watched her climbed onto a large boulder before leaping off it. Nemura was going to scream at her with horror when she suddenly worked out what she was going to do. But it was too late, the ice hatchling landed onto her back, causing Nemura to spat out the werid looking plant thing. She coughed loudly and tried to stand up and push off Tyra whom was still standing on her back, her tail lashed up and down with annoyance.

"Thank you," she breathed out.