TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

Ive been trying for a Holly for a few years.. i have breed all of my holiday dragons today. some of my holiday dragons droped 4 eggs yea them ..LOL.

Ive been very good helping and trading with friends.... if i have something anyone wants me to try to breed ill try to get it done for you. for a Holly.

Emm... Thats an extremely optimistic point of view.

Yep ^^

I realize that. I also realize I didn't look at all the other factors. I CHOSE to be optimistic. And I hope some other people will too.

The truth is that yes. Not everyone will get a holly this year. But more users then last year will get them this year, and the year after that the same pattern will hold true.

Will Hollies ever be common? Probably not. That's life and I don't see that changing no matter how much people complain.

But neither will Bright Pinks or Frills which no longer produce ever become available again. That's just a fact of life.

Do I prefer to look on the bright side? Yes.

Some of you will certainly catch a holly through sheer persistence and a bit of luck and I hope in the future you remember what it was like to be frustrated and breed your holly for others.

I also think being optimistic about it helps. I know I for example would be far more tempted to gift something to someone positive.

But again I suppose it's all what you make of it and I am sure there are those out there who will make a point to disagree. Which is their right. I just hope my positive view helps other people to keep up the faith. Persistence is rewarded eventually.

I think they should make Hollies available as prize dragons in the raffle(s), or maybe allow the person to choose what prize dragon they want. I don't need another tinsel dragon, except Gold, but I would love a Holly!

they actually did that last year smile.gif

hopefully we can get another new prize dragon and those who get runner up can get to pick a dragon of their choice again biggrin.gif

This is my first DC Christmas, so I've got a question for ya'll. I've filled 4 of my 5 egg slots with the other holiday dragons... is it worth leaving the one spot open in the hopes of catching a Holly, or have all the breeders bred by now?

I know of at least six users who are breeding their hollies later in the week on x-mas and x-mas eve including me.

I also think being optimistic about it helps. I know I for example would be far more tempted to gift something to someone positive.

Despite what impression my earlier posts gave biggrin.gif I think if I wouldn't be optimistic and positive thinking then I wouldn't still be hunting the AP for the fourth year on Christmas (and today already 12 hours in a row) for a Holly.

Good luck everyone.

Just saw a 2nd gen Holly pass through. Wow, didn't know there were still people with CBs active...

Of course didn't catch it, but the parents breed 4 eggs. biggrin.gif

Just saw a 2nd gen Holly pass through. Wow, didn't know there were still people with CBs active...

Most of the Honorable Mentions from the Tinsel contest last year opted for a CB Holly as their prize.

Most of the Honorable Mentions from the Tinsel contest last year opted for a CB Holly as their prize.

It was from an original Holly, I checked. wink.gif

seend 5 hollys around...

1x2 and 1x3

however, I was not able to catch them even if I clicked..sight, lets get baxck to AP relading later,

I even got none last year... maaan, It's really my biggest wish *sigh*

and then there are these greedy people trading them for ND's.. sad.gif

..at least, I breed my holidays from 08,09 and 10, I hope they found good owners~

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

Wow, my heart is actually pounding quite a bit. o___O

I've seen a fair number of hollies whizz by in my abandoned page trawling. And some of the pairings for these past Christmas is quite quite inspired.

Of course didn't catch it, but the parents breed 4 eggs.  biggrin.gif

they may be the runner up winners of last year's decoration contest. quite a few of them got cb hollies if i am not mistaken.

edit: ninja.gif 'd

in anycase, the rat race is what it is for this year. hopefully something else will be implemented next year to make it a little less stressful.

like two different AP servers - one for all holiday eggs and the other for any other drops. at the very least the people who want to catch low time eggs and hatchlings won't have the same headache as holiday catchers. lol

Edited by thiefofhearts

I HOPE I'm totally overreacting here, but...when I went to check on the eggs one of my hollies produced (2 in total), one had vanished! I really hope it just means the owner has set it up for a teleport that hasn't completed yet, but...does anyone know? What else could cause a lovely holly egg to vanish like that? sad.gif

It probably means the paranoid person who caught your egg has fogged it, to make sure it's safe till they're ready to hatch it. :-D

biggrin.gif So happy! I'm egglocked with two ribbon dancers, two snow angels, and a yulebuck! Once they hatch I'll try to grab my second yulebuck and try my luck at the elusive holly. I'm hoping for some beginner's luck this year!

It probably means the paranoid person who caught your egg has fogged it, to make sure it's safe till they're ready to hatch it. :-D

Oh! You're right! I was spazzing out so completely, I didn't even think of that. Whew! Thank you!! biggrin.gif

Some of us with '07 CBs are still active and breeding! biggrin.gif

Here's hoping mine also breeds 4! Whee!

I can haz one? sad.gif

For anyone still hunting the more common x-mas breeds, it looks like the auto-abandons are happening every ten minutes, so at xx:10, xx:20, etc there's a big flush of eggs to the AP. You might try positioning your mouse over an egg in the first or second row just before that and click away when they hit.

Thank you and Good luck! biggrin.gif

I'm not sure if it's more demoralising not to see any Hollies (like the last two years) or see them and keep missing them. I don't even come close to nabbing them (I don't get the 'unfortunately you weren't quick enough' type message).

I shall keep trying though.

You and a Thousand others laugh.gif

A saddened player sometimes resorts to drastic measures ;3