Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

Shattershard placed Isaac's limp body on the ground, placing a possessive forefoot square on his back to make sure he didn't run away; he looked suspiciously at the dragonlike newcomer, noting with intrest that they were female, and briefly flared his glittering wings in a move designed either to threaten her or impress her. He wasn't sure whether he should try and hypnotise her with the metal-man around, but still he used the wing-flare to release a few pheramones into the air just in case- just enough to bend her opinion towards him, but not enough to make her start hallicunating any time soon.

"Metal-man attacked me with reason, I defended, metal-bender here attack to." he grumbled, gesturing at Talon with his free forefoot and looking very disgruntled. "I run, he chase and attack then faint. I have no fault. They attack when not know me at all. I take metal-bender as swap- him safe for me safe. Fair, yes? I just want go, be safe."

Issac's mind was drifting in and out of consciousness he soon felt a large claw on his back. The dragon was speaking, but he would only hear a few words at time then lose the rest of what the dragon was saying.

Above, the crow knew for now Issac would be safe with two helpers that one of which seemed to know him, and the other seemed to know the other so clearly they had known each other. However when he saw two other guys a few blocks down, he flew down to them. He sensed one had a strong connection to otherworldly objects. Above this new set of people the crow cawed while circling over their heads.

((BTW, did you know that... in many legends the crow is believed to be able to travel between worlds. More specifically, the afterlife, spirit world, or hell. That is why Issac's bird is a crow, they utilized him with these mystical references to get here. The crow itself can travel between worlds on it's own, but doesn't typically use that ability because it prefers to stay by Issac. I'm assuming Eli may or may not know this fact about crows? Considering he loves birds so much... =P

@Dracocharky: Don't you think Kara would also recognize Issac? He was at Fell Haven as well! =P))

Shattershard placed Isaac's limp body on the ground, placing a possessive forefoot square on his back to make sure he didn't run away; he looked suspiciously at the dragonlike newcomer, noting with intrest that they were female, and briefly flared his glittering wings in a move designed either to threaten her or impress her. He wasn't sure whether he should try and hypnotise her with the metal-man around, but still he used the wing-flare to release a few pheramones into the air just in case- just enough to bend her opinion towards him, but not enough to make her start hallicunating any time soon.

"Metal-man attacked me with reason, I defended, metal-bender here attack to." he grumbled, gesturing at Talon with his free forefoot and looking very disgruntled. "I run, he chase and attack then faint. I have no fault. They attack when not know me at all. I take metal-bender as swap- him safe for me safe. Fair, yes? I just want go, be safe."

((getting there Dragonlord tongue.gif))

The Crystaline Dragon flared his wings- although whether he was trying to impress or intimidate her, Kara was unsure. In response, She straightened her back and tail, pushed her shoulders back and opened her wings to make herself look bigger. she looked from at the boy, who she recognised as Isaac, another Fell Haven Friend. this was turning into one hell of a school reunion...

after glancing from Isaac to talon, and back to Isaac again, before looking back at Shattershard. she took a deep breath, and a smell in the air distracted her slightly. He was up to something, but she wasn't sure what...

"Well.... I guess.... if you haven't killed anyone.... that.. should be..." she stopped, and splashed herself in the face with a waterball. Get a hold of yourself, Kara... "Look, I'm sure neither of these two would have attacked you without reason. Since nobody's dead, if you step back and walk away now by yourself, I won't give chase... this time. I can't promise I would do it again. and if the police ask me, I have to tell them the truth. For now though, my friends are more important than you."

Shattershard considered this, secretly thinking of all the ways he could take his bloody revenge on everyone he'd met today- not now of course, but when he was healed and at his full strength again. The dragonbeast looked from the newcomer to the metal-man, then at the hostage he had pinned under one talon. He could, of course, simply squash him like a bug and run off, hoping that he could run away fast enough... No, he was tired already and probably wouldn't get away. As humilating as it was, this was his only option.

He bowed his head, taking his forefoot off Isaac's back and placing it next to the boy's limp body. "What about metal-man? Will he chase, even when I leave with no harm?" he asked, his voice almost a growl and using a forefoot to point at Talon to underline his point. "If make word, keep word."

Garth looked at the cawing bird circling above them, hoping that the sound wasn't advertising it's pressing need to relive itself on one of their heads. It almost looked purposeful, though, as if it was trying to attract someone's attention... But that was a fanciful imagining, and he had better things to do with his time. The Umbramancer banished the bird from his mind, looking back down at Eli.

The bird flew down closer and actually cricled around them. It then landed on a perch nearby and cawed again. It cocked it's head to look at Garth and Eli directly, his eyes seemed to look right through them. It then raised a wing as if to point in the direction of the booming they had heard earlier. It then motioned it's head towards it's wing pointing towards where the two were going. It was trying desperately to say "follow me, I'll take you to it." But of course, it couldn't speak.

Edited by DragonlordJT

Kara sighed, and descended towards the sparking menace. She recognised the cyborg as Talon, an old friend from Fell Haven, and noticed he was about to attack the dragon.

"Talon, can we not try and solve this in a more... civilised manner? rather than having a whole lot of mindless bloodshed?" she commented, noticing the puddles forming on the floor.

((Talon had been underground till now, So I'm not sure that Kara would immediately recognize him))

"I am well aware of your habits, beast" Talon said, glad that his friend was no longer held up by Scattershard's jaws, "If you leave here, you will soon return to kill again, again, again-n again agai-ggain." Talon's head shook, a few sparks shot out of his neck, and his eyes changed back to blue. Some water began dipping through seams in the cyboarg's armor, a sign of just how much effort Talon had to spare just to stand up. "I once found myself in the same position as you, a hunted creature, at war with the world, so I decided to find a new one." He set down his swords, and the bands of energy dissipated. Talon then walked towards Scattershard. "Take my advice," he said, putting his hand on the crystal dragon's free shoulder, "And leave these people alone."

Edited by sailing101

Garth looked at the bird's flapping and pointing with some concern; it looked as if it had rabies- could birds get rabies?- or was seriously injured. Maybe there was something seriously wrong with it. Or maybe it was just another annoying bird, out to get some scraps from the soft-hearted humans. Well, he didn't have any. The bird was out of luck. "Shoo." he said, flapping his own hands towards the crow in a clear signal that it should go away. "We don't have any food or anything... And we don't have time to deal with a rabid crow. Go and bug somebody else."

Shattershard stepped back with a hiss of shock when the metal-man actually came up and touched him; he growled automatically, tail lashing as he let his displeasure at this be very clearly known. "If you want blame, blame girl who made me. Her fault. She wanted hunter and got one. Got me." he replied, sounding almost sulky. If they were going to blame anyone, blame her. He was just a hunter, hunting because that's what he did. Oh, he enjoyed the kill and devouring his prey but that was how he was made. If Shattershard had known about Frakenstien and his monster, he would have used it.

As it was, he merely shook his head and took a few more steps backwards, preparing to leave- and fast. He snorted with scorn at the metal-man's suggestion. "And starve? Either way, someone die."

Edited by Ruins

The bird glided over onto Eli's shoulder after Garth tried to shoo it away. It looked right into Eli's eye while it's own eyes radiated of intelligence. It then pointed again with it's wing and tilted it's head in a questioning manner. The bird seemed frustrated with Garth so it avoided looking back at him.

Issac was slowing getting in touch with himself again and was understanding what was being said, his body was still imp however as he had near no energy to move. He could speak however. "I don't think you'd want me in there dragon... I could easily tear your insides apart..." Issac grinned weakly, his eyes moved to the guns on his legs, still in their holsters, unlike everything else that was thrown about during his rampage, they were still in their proper place. Surely the holsters proved effecient. The dragon of course couldn't see where he was looking because he was pressed on his stomach.

((Reminder to Eli much? =P

Also sailing, who the hell can't recall a black cyborg with wings? I don't think there are very many others... lol))

Edited by DragonlordJT

"Perhaps you could return to a lab," a voice behind Shattershard called out. It was Yamaha, "I'm sure That I can provide comfortable accommodations at mine, and you would never have to worry about food. Everyone would be safe." A large armored truck bearing the YTI logo on it's sides then backed around the corner. Two men in body armor then jumped out and opened the back doors. "The decision is yours to make," Yamaha concluded.

"Be careful," Talon cut in, "For many strange things could await if you go with that man. If you leave, survival would be uncertain, but if you fed off the beasts of the land, and avoided human contact, and if you traveled south, south, and further south till the land narrows, then widens, you could find a forrest, not of stone and steel, but of wood and earth, a savage paradise that needs a protector."

As Issac lay there, he saw the truck with the same logo that was on the chopper. The man speaking to the beast looked human... but Issac could feel otherwise. Inside of him, his 'blood' wasn't really blood. It was mainly conductive components. It also had an extremely high concentration of copper, which was to avoid corrosion but maintain a redish colour at the same time. He knew this too was probably one of Talon's creations. Talon had a knack for producing AI, but after seeing Cyrus, he didn't expect such a high quality creation with this new one. He was very well disguised, but the deciding factor to say he wasn't human was his lack of calcium. He had no bones. He knew he'd have to compliment Talon later on his quality work on this one.

((I know what you may be thinking: "He's out of energy and can't bend metal, so how can he feel it?" To answer that, it's a constant sixth sense. It'd take some energy to locate sepcific objects far away, but up close he constantly feels what's metal and what isn't, it's automatic and requires almost no energy. Again this is only up close.))

Edited by DragonlordJT

Leon noticed the ice underneath them metling and shoved the girl to land just as it started to crack under his weight from the armor. "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!!!!" he screamed as he started to run back across the ice as fast as he could. "NO! YOU STUPID ICE! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO STAY TOGETHER WHEN I'M ON WATER!!!" He then dove and landed on the grass breathing heavily. "I... can't believe I did that..." he panted as he thought about what would've happened if the ice had broken underneath him.

He struggled to slow his breathing. "Sorry about that... I can't really swim and... well... this armor doesn't float well either..." He paused gathering himself again. "My name's Leon."

Melodee sat up, gasping for air. "H-hi, Leon. Wow, that was kind of intense. I guess it was risky to come get me then." She stood and extended a hand to pull him up. "Thanks, again." She looked around. "It seems we are really far away from where I started." Sighing, she nodded. "That's good. Away from Jason and that dragon."

((Those kinds of conductive inks are only low power suited. It wouldn't be able to handle large amounts of information, like those needed to move a robot's arm. Trust me, my friend is in robotics and he and I both know complex programming languages, it wouldn't be a small amount of data.))

Leon took her hand and accepted the help up. "I wasn't thinking that much, so I just jumped in." Leon chuckled. "Guess it helped someone in this case."

"Try and be more careful if you can." He then started to run, and jumped on top of a small building nearby, headed back towards Issac.

Edited by DragonlordJT

Melodee waved after Leon as he retreated, then, when he was out of sight, she checked her pockets. Yes... She thought to herself. The confusion allowed me to collect just enough for a week's worth of food. She looked up into the sky and quivered in the cold wind, now freezing due to the water clinging to her skin. She stumbled up the bank and towards the center of the city. Now the task at hand was to find a place to stay. She thought a moment, then headed in the direction of Hell's Hangout. Maybe she would be able to party it up all night.

Shattershard took a step backwards, looking from one speaker to another; his brain didn't work very well when it became too warm, and right now it certianly wasn't cool enough for him to keep up with events. Things seemed to change at the blink of an eye, confusing and annoying him in equal measure. First the metal-man was trying to kill him, the next he was giving him advice. Another wrong-smelling man was trying to coax him into one of the horrible, noisy things that humans used to travel around the tarmac paths with. Something made him distrust both of them, probably their lack of... Well, their lack of life. They smelt of plastic and metal, and plastic and metal shouldn't talk. It wasn't right.

"No... Why? Why unalive metal-man help? What trap am I fall into?" he asked suspiciously, bearing his teeth at the armoured men to warn them to keep their distance. And the lack of killing in both of their plans rubbed him up the wrong way. He liked killing, and suspected that hunting 'beasts of the field' wouldn't be as fun as what he was doing now. He doubted they would wiggle and squeal in such an amusing way. "Too hot, too hot... Can't think. Want to go now!"

((^ Delete that and shove your updated form in the OOC in a new post and then maybe I'll take a look at it.

Peeps I have a bad cold and it's making me grumpy. Don't annoy me today.

Edit: I'm going to post now. I hope you can catch up when you get on Laura.))

"Crows are intelligent birds" said Eli looking at this one closely. "And I'm pretty sure this one wants us to follow it. Maybe it's trained? Or just naturally smart? Either way, I suggest we go and take a look at what it wants. Maybe it, or its owner, knows something about what just happened."

After squinting at the bird again Eli set off in the direction it had been pointing. It was just as well Garth was with him instead of Caim, otherwise this crow would have had its neck wrung by now.

Edited by Fortune86

Garth looked faintly doubtful about this, having been called 'bird-brain' enough times to know it wasn't a good thing, but he followed Eli all the same; if it was true, then he didn't want to sit on his behind and twiddle his thumbs when he could have been helping people. And if it turned out to be some sort of trap he didn't want Eli stumbling into it alone- not when he could be stumbling into it by his side. Anyway, he could certainly escape easily from any trap that wasn't pitch black or made of gold- fortunately less people knew about an Umbramancer's weaknesses than knew about Umbramancers, which made it very unlikely indeed.

Finally getting someone to understand somehow, the bird felt relieved as it flew slow enough for them to keep up to take them to where Issac was currently located, along with several other people and the large crystal dragon.

Leon knew he had to find Issac, but when he saw that Issac had moved elsewhere... he knew it'd be somewhat a task to find him again... That was... until he saw the cuts and slashes along the walls where he'd passed by with Talon's feathers. Along with the soon-found mini-crater caused by the crystal beast surely landing on... what was soon confirmed to be a car when Leon arrived at the scene, noticing a crushed car tossed about. Surely that was Issac's doing, no one else would really use that object as a weapon very easily.

Leon then examined the scene. Talon was there, but so was some new girl. He also saw a truck with the same logo on it as the chopper.

"Keep following him." Isis commanded the pilot. "And don't fall behind, if you do I'll have Issac tell your boss you're incapable as a pilot."

They soon flew over the scene, she saw Issac underneath the beast, sure enough, he was unconscious, as usual when he has a fit of rage.

"That stupid... I thought he said he had it under control last time..." She grumbled.

Edited by DragonlordJT

Eli ran after the bird for a few streets and turned the corner to see a great big dragon. He blinked in surprise a few times, not expecting to see one in the middle of the city, but at least that would explain all the noise. There were quite a few other people around and by the looks of it they had arrived half way through a fight of some kind, although nobody was attacking.

"What the hell is going on?"

To be on the safe side Eli raised an arm and a dark shadow creeped up the building beside him. Reaching the second floor it stepped away from the brick work and became solid and third dimensional. It had no real features, apart from being roughly humaniod, and it possessed no face that could be seen.

"It's a dragon... A dragon made of crystal." replied Garth, stating the obvious. He stepped back when said dragon swung it's head around to look at them, a growl escaping it's throat; it looked confused and annoyed, it's tail lashing from side to side like a cat that was about to scratch someone. Just in case, Garth summoned his own powers. Shadowy 'flames' licked around his feet, small tentacles of darkness, briefly emerging from his shadow and waved in the air, only to vanish again a few seconds later. He glanced at the creature Eli had made, taking an unconcious step away from it. "Nobody seems to be fighting, though, so that's a a good thing."

The arrival of two more people confused Shattershard more, as did the large black not-person that smelt of rotten things; his temper was starting to rise again as it always did when he didn't understand something. There was a noisy bird and a metal noisy bird flying around, and along with all the people it made his brain hurt just trying to think about it all. The metal-man's offer of somewhere away from all of this was starting to look more tempting... The dragon looked at the van with a hint of longing, thinking perhaps he would be taken to somewhere less confusing.

Edited by Ruins

As he lay there, Issac heard a familiar voice nearby. He looked out of the corner of his eye and saw not only his pet crow, but Eli as well... creating... a rather fearsome creature. I hope he doesn't have that thing slam the beast into me... that'll hurt... A lot... he paused his thoughts for a moment. Of course it'd be a bird that brought him here... he loves birds... He hasn't changed much has he...

Issac then noticed Garth right along with him. Of course... those two are practically inseperable... it'd make sense to see them together...

Edited by DragonlordJT

"Let's keep it that way" said Eli motioning for his monster to go forth.

The dark humaniod stepped over Eli and Garth and started to head towards the dragon. Eli didn't know if it was intelligent or not, but it was the focus of everyone's attention and therefore probably the source of the trouble. There was a familar face close to it, but Eli couldn't place them right now. He was too focused on the dragon.

The monster stopped several metres away from the dragon, but was tall enough to block out the light from the sun, bathing the crystal lizard in shadow. It's faceless head turned to indicate that it was looking down at it and its stance indicated that it was ready to take action.

Eli waved his hand a little and the monster began to crouch down. First things first, get that human to safety. The monster swung one arm around and slowly and gently dropped a hand between the dragon and the nearby human.

Issac struggled to try to move as the giant faceless humanoid got close, but the most he would do was attempt to drag himself with his arms. "Gotta... get... some... space... from... that... dragon...." He grunted as he continued to try to move. He was finding it extremely difficult to move with such a loss of energy.

Leon saw a new giant creature step in and put it's giant hand between the dragon and Issac, giving him a chance to jump down and run to Issac.

"You okay bud?" Leon said as he put Issac's arm around his shoulders and dragged him up. "Come on, you're safe now." Leon said as he helped his friend over to the side, away from the dragon. "Next time, don't over-do it so much." Leon grinned, knowing that, sure as hell, it'd happen again.

As Leon helped Issac walked, Issac watched Eli and Garth in the corner. "He seems too busy with the beast to notice me... good... I don't exactly want to distract him while he's controlling that... monster..." Issac grinned weakly. "Thanks Eli." he whispered to himself. "And thanks Leon. Couldn't have gotten up without ya." He laughed faintly.

Shattershard stumbled backwards so fast when the death-smelling thing approached him that he actually fell on his behind; the dragonlike beast growled at the creature, flaring his wings and baring his teeth in a warning for it to stay away from him. His scales glittered like diamonds as he did so, the silvery blood trickling down his back legs looking like molten metal. He was totally unaware that the shadowy creature was under the control of the boy who had just arrived, seeing it as a new and seperate threat to his life.

Scrambling to all fours, the wounds on his rump and legs throbbing with new pain, Shattershard attempted to stare down something that had no eyes or other facial features. "Goooo aaaawaaaay..." he growled, taking a false warning swipe at it to see what it did in response. "Why so many people want to kill me?" he added to himself, wondering why they were so annoyed about him just trying to live his life.

Looking at the dragon, Garth recalled a news report from some months ago about a woman who had been attacked by a large silver dragon within this city; it hadn't made the headlines, attacks by odd creatures being ten a penny here, but something about the beast he was facing now rung a lot of bells and made him think of that story. Perhaps it was the same dragon, it certainly looked capable of killing someone, even if it was a little small- for a dragon.

Now that the man was out of harm's way the monster of death stood up again. It was larger than the crystal dragon, but not enough to try anything like picking it up or stomping on it.

Eli began to move closer, completely confident in his monster's ability to protect him should the dragon push his luck. He too had heard reports of a dragon killing people and had spoken to one of the victims several months back. Now that the creature had spoken Eli knew that it had some kind of intelligence and hopefully could therefore be negioated with.

"Nobody wants to kill you" he said coming to a halt on the right side of his monster. "That is not our purpose here. We do however, have an awful lot of questions for you. I do not intend on letting you or anyone else leave until I have answers that satisfy me."

Leon sat himself and Issac against a building nearby.

"You hear that Leon? No one is to leave." Issac grinned. "Not like I can go anywhere very quickly at the moment."

"Heh, maybe with a bit of help, but lugging you about slows me down too much." Leon laughed in return. "Oh well, let's sit it out and see what happens. I guess we'll need to give answers to this guy."

"Don't worry. He shouldn't be too hard to talk to." As he finished his sentence, Issac's crow landed on his shoulder pad. "Thanks for bringing him here buddy. I can always count on you, can't I?" He smiled at the bird. The bird nodded in reply. "I guess I can, even for an asnwer."