Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

"Metal-bender did. Metal-man with wings attacked me no reason, I defended- what, expect me to lie and die?" The last part was obviously aimed at Isaac, seeing as Shattershard looked at him with an expression of rage slipping into raging hate as he said it. Turning back to the boy and the monster, Shattershard dredged up everything he could remember to try and avoid his own death at the hands of any of them. Maybe he should have carried on running when he had the chance... But it was too late now. "Then metal-bender attacked too, throwing darts of metal at me. I ran, he chased. Wouldn't give up until fell over- not my fault. Like not my fault I get hungry. Human eat meat, I eat meat- the same, as I see. I was made with hunger, in words that brought me here." he added, obviously feeling as if he had made some sort of shining point.

Garth, who had followed a few paces behind Eli, snorted at this. "You could have tried to resist it. I don't go around killing people, no matter... No matter how I used to be tempted. But I don't think you tried any other options, or even thought about it for a single second." he replied, uncharacteristic scorn and annoyace filling his voice. "There's no excuse for killing if there's another way."

"You killed people. People who thought and felt and dreamed. That's what we call a crime."

Eli raised his right hand a little and his creation stepped foward, arms spread and ready to grasp the dragon if it tried to attack or flee.

"You have the intelligence to make choices, unfortunately you made the wrong ones."

Eli was now a little lost as exactly what he should do with the dragon. He might be able to detain it, but he couldn't hold it forever. The police wouldn't be able to do anything with it either. It wasn't as if the wretched creature would fit inside a cell anyway. The only thing he could think of was to trap it somewhere, but where?

Shattershard looked from the death-smelling creature to the boy, close to panicking and trying to claw and bite his way out of the situation; part of him remembered the metal-man's offer of somewhere safe to go and recommended that he take him up on it, but the part that controlled his mouth simply decided to blindly select words that he'd heard and didn't understand and repeat them.

"Felt? Dream? ...Crime?" he echoed, looking at the boy with incomprihension written all over his face. It couldn't be more obvious that Shattershard hadn't got a clue what he was going on about. Then he got very annoyed, growling like two rocks being rubbed together. "Not going to die! Not going to let you kill me! No!" he snapped, also showing that he probably hadn't been listening or didn't understand. Shattershard tried to leap on the boy to tear him apart, but couldn't. Something- several things, in fact, that looked like black ropes, were holding his feet down. He tugged on them with his super-strength but they simply seemed to stretch.

"Down, boy. Bad dragon." quipped Garth, flicking his hand and making more ropes out of shadow that bound the dragon's legs up to the knees. He looked at it with a mixture of pity and anger. Anger because it had killed innocent people in cold blood, pity because it didn't even have an idea what it meant to be human- or properly a person. It was a very intelligent animal, something that could walk and talk but had the moral understanding of a hungry lion. It had no idea what it was taking away, even as it took it. In a way, it was something to feel sorry for. It had no place in the world, it would never be accepted or even understand why it should try and be accepted. "And I thought all living things dreamed..."

When Eli and Garth appeared, Talon decided that it was time for him to retreat. The cyboarg Whispered to the dragon girl next to him, "I was never here," slipped away into a shadowy alley, and disappeared while everyone was still focused on Shattershard.

Yamaha was becoming impatient. "Enough of this, I have important work to do" He reached into his pocket and pulled out a remote. He then pressed the button, and a heavy metal harness sprang out of the truck at Shattershard.

Roaring in panic at the thing leaping at him, Shattershard tugged at the shadowy bindings that held down his feet; fortunately for him, Garth had been distracted by the metal harness and the dragon was able to spring away like a frightened rabbit, landing with a crash some six metres away. He slipped as he landed, coming very close to falling on his face, and promptly tried to escape this madness. The dragon was a lot slower than usual, limping and trailing blood as jhe ran- or, more accurate, as he hobbled as fast as he could down the rubble-screwn street.

"What the frakking frak is that?!" yelped Garth, trying to work out what had just happened. Then he noticed that the muderous dragon was escaping, swore again and run after it; he managed to catch up pretty quickly, weaving ropes out of shadows to try and hold it still again.

As soon as the dragon made a run for it the monster acted. A Garth's tentacles raced to bind the creature the monster surged forward, their arms out stretched. It caught up with Shattershard and wrapped its long dark arms around him.

Then it began to dissolve.

As the monster melted onto the dragon's crystal skin dark pools reeking of death flowed over his body, covering his legs wings and back. Some of the darkness began to drip towards the ground where it formed chains that dug into the pavement. Within a minute the dragon was firmly tied down.

"Oh, well... If you want to show off." said Garth, covering his sensitive nose and looking the dragon from head to toe; he couldn't help but giggle, though, as it looked like it was covered in tar. It's high-pitched whimpers and wigglings didn't help either, something so deadly reduced to struggling like a trapped puppy. On the other hand, he felt a little bit sorry for it as well. Being tried up like that couldn't be a nice experiance. "Cheer up, it might not happen." he said cheerfully, patting the creature's shining nose and getting a bad-tempered snap in reply. Garth had been expecting something like that, and the deadly teeth passed through his already-shadowy arm as it Shattershard was trying to bite smoke. "Getting a better attitude towards people might help. Just a tip."

Shattershard swore loudly.

Issac and Leon just watched from the side in amusement as the android attempted to capture the dragon in a very poor fashion.

"Garth doesn't like surprises..." Issac laughed. He was slowly regaining energy. He could actually move his legs a little. He started using the wall a bit to try and stand again, it wasn't very effective, but at least he was starting to be able to move a little.

"Which one is Garth and Which one is Eli?" Leon asked Issac.

Issac then proceeded to point to each one and name them. "Eli is the one controlling the giant. Garth is the one who can control those shadows." Issac paused. "Garth was always a bit distant from most people, though he was always close to Eli it seemed. Eli on the other hand always tried to be friendly where he could." Issac paused again. "You've already met Talon... who's attempting to sneak away... He's always been a strange one. I guess I can understand because he's a cyborg with some issues. I was kinda a trouble maker when I was younger, I challenged a lot of people very quickly. It's just what I do really. I want people to prove their worth and capabilities to me, not just spout it out."

"Ha, remember when you challenged my very existence?" Leon laughed.

"Oh trust me, I challenged Fell Haven's much more. Because I didn't think there were many other people like me... now you see just how many people have strange powers in this world. It's much more diverse than in Athlon." Issac added laughing all the while. "You weren't challenged as much. I just hated your guts for being naive."

"As opposed to being a stuck up ass?" Leon added laughing at Issac. "Good times..."

As the two reminisced about past times, they continued to watch Eli and Garth handle the dragon. To them it was somewhat amusing, despite the fact Issac was just out-cold a little while ago and was only just dragged out a few minutes ago.

"Trying not to let it kill him is the hard part" said Eli almost nonchalantly. "Even now, everything I summon just wants to inflict its rage and sorrow on the world. If I don't concentrate it will do."

He walked around Shattershard as some of the dark substance covering the dragon tickled down his forehead.

"As I said before, I don't want to hurt you, but I can not allow you to carry on as you have been."

He looked around and spotted the Faulty Tower in the distance. Ever since it had closed down as a bank it had been more or less vacant. It would do as a handy place to hold the creature until the authorities could take him away.

"I'm going to try and take him somewhere safe. Can you stay on guard in case he tries anything funny? I'll have to focus on other things."

"Okay..." replied Garth, guessing that that last comment was aimed at him. He figured the dragon wasn't going anywhere fast, unless it could teleport and it would had done that ages ago if it could. The Umbramancer watched the creature struggle uselessly against the bonds, noting that never quite seemed to realise that it wasn't going to get out. Not very bright, then.

He sneezed. There was a sweet smell in the air that tickled his nose, a smell he had noticed when he first walked up to the dragon; Eli didn't seem to notice anything, so he supposed it was just his more senstive nose that could pick it up. Werre dragons supposed to smell like flowers? He didn't know. Larnet never smelt like that, but then again he never got close enough to have a good sniff. She'd probably have punched him if he did. He liked dragons... This one was very nice, shiny... He'd have to use it as a tattoo design... Pretty...

Garth shook his head sharply. What was wrong with him? His head felt like it was stuffed with cotton wool, pink cotton wool at that. He looked at the dragon suspiciously, but said nothing.

Eli approached Shattershard's head and bent down a little so that the two of them could see eye to eye.

"Listen up, because I'm only going to say this once. I'm going to take you somewhere were I can hold you without worrying about you hurting anyone or vice versa, but as that would mean dragging you through a number of streets I'm going to take a short cut. This short cut is very dangerous, so if you try to attack me or my friend, or try to run away, I will leave you there. Alone. Apart from the murderous entities that reside there that will dedicate every moment of their existence to...well...you don't want to know."

He stood up again and glared down at the captured Shattershard.

"Do you understand me?"

Shattershard looked up at Eli with eyes full of rage and hate- but more importantly, a hint of fear. He hated the boy and his friend with all of the soul he may or may not have, but he didn't want to die and for now that overrode any urge to turn them both into mincemeat. The dragon nodded reluctantly, scowling deeply. "Yesss. Shattershard will behave. Be good boy." he sighed deeply, closing his eyes in an unmistakable gesture of deeply wounded pride. Those who fought and ran away, as the saying he might have used went, lived to fight another day. Or live to have their revenge another day.

A flicker of annoyance ran through Garth when he heard Eli threatening Shattershard, followed by a wave of confusion. He was thinking odd things lately, what was wrong with him? Maybe he should say something... Just as he thought that, something in the sweet scent he was breathing in said that he shouldn't. He should keep quiet. Garth obeyed it.

"Good. Because when we start in the short cut all three of us are going to have to run for it. Very fast. Hopefully in the right direction."

He reached out and put a hand on Shattershard's cold and hard skin. Looking over at Garth he extended his other hand to him.

"You need to have hold of me to come with me. You'll also need to be touching me when we leave or you'll get stuck behind."

Garth paused for a second, obviously feeling a little awkward about this holding hands thing, and then took Eli's offered hand; he went a little pink as he did so, looking away and not meeting the other boy's eye. He wasn't so sure about this idea, but if Eli thought it was a good idea he should help the dragon escape before he- Hold on. Where had that thought come from? Garth blinked, automatically taking a deep breath to calm his nerves. The slightly sleepy, cheerful feeling he'd been trying to hold off increased, and he had to pinch himself with his free hand to concentrate. Keep up, Garth... We're talking about- well, it sounds like we're talking about a shortcut through Hell here.

Shattershard grumbled slightly at the touch, but said nothing. He didn't like the sound of all this running... He wasn't in the right mood- or the shape- to be sprinting all over the place.

When Garth took his hand Eli closed his eyes and felt the familar pull of the Other World. It felt like he was falling backwards and sinking at the same time. Around him colour faded from the world until he, Garth and Shattershard where the only splashes of colour left. The streets, buildings, people and everything else had taken on various hues of black, white and grey, as though the three of them had stepped into an old TV show. Apart from the lack of colour the only other change was that objects close to were suddenly translucent. When Eli opened his eyes he looked at a street light, he could both see it's general outline and the wall on the other side of it. The process complete the three of them were now invisible and untouchable in the world they had left behind.

Eli released Garth's hand and took his own off Shattershard's skin. Looking around them he judged they had about tenish minutes before they had to leave.

"Okay, lets move in a straight line towards Faulty Tower. Just follow me."

He waved his hand as the chains holding down the dragon loosened, allowing Shattershard freedom to move but still held the threat of pulling him down again. With another glance around their immediate area Eli set off towards the distant building and jogged several feet ahead, passing right through a brick wall as he did so.

Garth, being used to passing through the colourless void of the Shadow World, wasn't half as worried as Shattershard when they passed through into the Other World. He followed Eli at a lope, looking around with interest but keeping half an eye on the limping dragon. The Umbramancer was concerned that Shattershard would slow them down or simply collapse from tiredness and blood loss, but he seemed to be soldiering on, if with very little good grace. Trying not to listen to the dragon's continual muttered swearwords, Garth amused himself by sticking his arm througb nearby objects whenever he could.

Shattershard didn't like this. He didn't like this at all. It was a bad place, a wrong place that made his skin crawl and his nerves tingle; it was somewhere to avoid, his instincts screamed. Not wanting to be alone, he followed the boy who had brought him here as best he could, head swinging around to continually scan the surroundings and snorting like a nervous horse who can hear a distant thunderstorm. All the while, he cursed his bad luck in very colourful language under his breath.

Eli had no problems with running through most of the 'solid' objects in the other world, but he refused to do it to people. It just didn't feel right. Whenever he entered a building he would pause for a fraction of a second just to check that the way was clear. Running through brick and wood was one thing, seeing somebody else's eyeballs pass through your own was another.

Eventually he entered the street where the Tower was and stopped to wait for Garth and the dragon. As he waited he felt a disturbance in the air, something that neither of the other two would be able to pick up. They knew they were here.

((my post decided to not post, by which time it was outdated >.<))

Before Kara had a chance to say any more, Two More fell haven peers arrived on the scene- Garth and Eli, if she remembered correctly. They quickly restrained him, and then they just seemed to vanish. Either way, they weren't there anymore so there was no longer a threat. Realising they may be a while, one that she didn't have, she decided to go. Pulling a piece of paper out of her pocket and scribbling her number on it, she handed it to Isaac.

"I have to be off, but if they come back and need to talk to me, give them this. I would hang around, but Dinner won't make itself."

Taking one last look at the damaged surroundings, she added "If I have time, I'll come back to help clean up." and with that, she took off and headed back to her flat.

A flicker of annoyance ran through Garth when he heard Eli threatening Shattershard, followed by a wave of confusion. He was thinking odd things lately, what was wrong with him? Maybe he should say something... Just as he thought that, something in the sweet scent he was breathing in said that he shouldn't. He should keep quiet. Garth obeyed it.

((are you implying that Garth is.... blink.gif ))

Yamaha swore when the harness closed on empty air. The scientist fumbled with the controller, desperately trying to harness the beast. Yamaha brought the harness around again, while Garth and Eli held the beast down. He then prepared to launch the harness at Shattershard again, only for the three to disappear in to thin air. Yamaha swore again, "I will not be denied my prize." He then stormed off to one of the trucks, and grabbed the radio.

Up in the helicopter, The copilot opened the hatch once more and said to Issis, "I'm sorry ma'm, but I've been ordered to drop you off. We're bringing the helicopter down so you can leave."

By this time, Cyrus had well lost track of Klyce, and was completely lost. However, looking around, he found himself near the faulty tower. The android decided that the best place to get his bearings was there, so he set off.

((I'm saying nothing. *wide, wiiiiiide evil troll grin* Problem?))

Garth was heard before he was seen, mainly because he seemed to have turned into the dragon's unofficial jogging instructor; he was keeping up a stream of praise and encouragement, telling Shattershard that he was going to do fine and to keep going. The dragon's replies- mainly insults and swearwords or just simple animal snarling- didn't seem to phase him in the least. When the two came through a brick wall behind Eli, Garth was trying and failing to pat the dragon on the back. Shattershard was using most of his energy avoiding the Umbramancer's attempts at morale boosting rather than actually moving forward.

Garth smiled at Eli when he came within smiling range, looking oddly cheerful for someone taking a shortcut through Hell with a Necromancer and a murderous vampiric statue for company. "It's not a bad walk, actually." he said, still smiling. "I expected it to be like the move Constantine, with the sandstorms and wrecked cars and demons... Lots of demons everywhere. With half of their skulls missing. Creeepy." he added, turning to share the smile with Shattershard.

"You're the one creepy." grumbled the dragon, squinting it the boy and trying to work out why he was acting so... If he knew the word nice he would use it, but the best he could think of right now was 'not nasty'. It was beginning to dawn on him that something may have happened, something he hadn't planned but could still use to his advantage... Somehow.

Klyce decided that he was safe, for now and decided that he should get some rest and revert to Fikel before they caught up to him. He got into bed, after making sure his items were hidden once again, and fell asleep quickly and efficiently. A few seconds Later, Fikel awoke with a start, putting his glasses on. “Huh? What?” He shook his throbbing head, this was the first time he had ever woken up in his bed. His room was in order, and his door was locked, so he assumed he hadn’t killed anyone today. He frowned as she thought back on his memory, he had gone out to go to his job...something about fear...and then nothing. He sighed, he wished he could remember something more concrete. Looking at the time, he sighed, it was almost time for his early class. He couldn’t find his bag, then found in front of his door. The money was gone, he groaned, but everything else was intact. He went into his piggy bank and took the money he need today out, barely scraping the mount together. Satisfied he was now ready, he went out and locked the door behind him. Heading out the front door, he gazed around for his car. He found it and cried out in anguish, it was totalled. It was like some monster had ran over it and crushed the lid. He growled, now he would have to claim his car insurance as well. His car no longer drivable, Fikel had two options. He didn’t have the money for a cab, so he would have to walk. “Well, a good chance to keep myself fit.” He did some warm up exercises, and then began to jog up the street. It was a long way, but his teacher would understand.

Moonshine, finished with the DVD’s, got up and settled into her reinforced bed. Her room as no windows, so the only way in, unless you were Moria, was by the door.

Issac took the paper from Kara and pocketed it. "Okay."

Leon was amazed as Eli, Garth and the dragon disappeared from the visible world. "Where'd they go? What's going on?" Leon asked Issac.

"Eli is just showing off..." Issac knew very well of Eli's powers still. "He can traverse between worlds, but not like we have. From what I understand it's kind of a shadowy spirit realm of this world. I've never been in it and I don't plan on visiting any time soon."

"What exactly are Eli's powers?" Leon asked noticing that before he was controlling a giant of some sort.

"He's a necromancer, and from what Elisedd explained to me, an extremely powerful one too. Remember Elisedd's demon issue? Well to put it simply, that demon became more and more fearful of Eli as time progressed. While the demon at first thought Eli was weak for being so empathetic, he slowly came to realize that it was because of Eli's empathy that he was so strong." Issac explained. "I'd urge you not to start a fight with Eli any time soon, not that it'll likely happen. Eli is a force to be reckoned with, along with Garth. They're probably the two most powerful people I know in this world."

"You're actually afraid of them?" Leon asked.

"I'm not afraid of them specifically, it's their power. Then again, the same could be said for me. I don't know many people that can control a person's body through their bones and blood." Issac admitted. "If the wrong force came to control those powers, we'd all be done for."

As the chopper lowered, Isis lowered the rope and slid down it, right next to Issac and Leon. "Well then, wasn't that fun?" Isis stated, very clearly annoyed.

((Sailing... isn't it obvious what Ruins is implying? He's either homosexual or bi at least. Remember, the pheromones don't work on those who aren't attracted to men.

Oh and I can only hope you aren't like this sailing... http://humon.deviantart.com/gallery/124829...set=24#/d2glhml ))

Edited by DragonlordJT

((Isis was asked to leave the helicopter if you didn't notice))

((and no, I most deafinitely NOT like that.))

Talon stepped back out into the open once he was sure that Garth and Eli had left. He then groaned, and slumped to his knees. There was a jet of steam from the cyboarg as his armor came apart and fell to the ground. Inside was a small skeletal figure that was half metal and half real bones. As he stood up unsteadily, some stray sparks of electricity flickered around Talon's joints . "This is why I hate water damage," he then said, "It takes forever for everything to dry out properly, and I have to leave my armor." Talon motioned to one of the men from the truck, who then brought Talon a black hooded cloak and another mask. Talon put these on, then continued, "I guess that it is humbling to see one's self as one truly is, no mater just how feeble they may be." His tone of voice was once again as blank as the mask that once again hid his faceless skull.

Edited by sailing101

((I'm saying nothing. *wide, wiiiiiide evil troll grin* Problem?))

Garth was heard before he was seen, mainly because he seemed to have turned into the dragon's unofficial jogging instructor; he was keeping up a stream of praise and encouragement, telling Shattershard that he was going to do fine and to keep going. The dragon's replies- mainly insults and swearwords or just simple animal snarling- didn't seem to phase him in the least. When the two came through a brick wall behind Eli, Garth was trying and failing to pat the dragon on the back. Shattershard was using most of his energy avoiding the Umbramancer's attempts at morale boosting rather than actually moving forward.

Garth smiled at Eli when he came within smiling range, looking oddly cheerful for someone taking a shortcut through Hell with a Necromancer and a murderous vampiric statue for company. "It's not a bad walk, actually." he said, still smiling. "I expected it to be like the move Constantine, with the sandstorms and wrecked cars and demons... Lots of demons everywhere. With half of their skulls missing. Creeepy." he added, turning to share the smile with Shattershard.

"You're the one creepy." grumbled the dragon, squinting it the boy and trying to work out why he was acting so... If he knew the word nice he would use it, but the best he could think of right now was 'not nasty'. It was beginning to dawn on him that something may have happened, something he hadn't planned but could still use to his advantage... Somehow.

((I'm just going to point out now that Eli isn't attracted to anyone, regardless of gender. My version of Necromancers aren't allowed to build those kind or relationships.))

"This isn't hell" pointed out Eli. "It's a part of our world. A part that not many people get to see I'll admit, but still a part of it. It's only as far away as the other side of a mirror."

Turning around Eli started to walk down the street to Faulty Tower. It wasn't a long walk, but he figured it would be best to get the dragon inside before returning to the other realm. He didn't want the giant lizard to try any last minute tricks. Approaching the side of the buidling he walked through the wall and came to a halt inside the main foyer. It was a large enough space to hold the dragon and the pillars provided several decent anchor points. As Eli looked around for any signs of life, he heard an all too familar sound. It was as if someone was dragging several saw blades across a metal floor. They didn't have too much time left.

((Don't worry, Garth's not going to flirt with Eli. He doesn't see him in that way, even if he did he wouldn't want to risk their friendship by trying anything.))

Garth turned on the spot when he heard the noise, trying to work out whether he could use his powers in this strange shadowy place or not; seeing as it was dark he might, but maybe the shadows here weren't a/effected by his Umbramancy like the shadows in the... Well, in the real world. He looked askanace of Eli while still keeping an eye out for anything nasty leaping out of the darkness behind the pillars. He'd watched enough horror movies to know not to drop his guard at any time, especially when strange sounds were heard.

"W-what was that?" he asked nervously, letting out a warning growl when he heard something move nearby. But it turned out to be Shattershard, who looked as spooked by the sound as he did. Garth felt a stab of sympathy for the dragon, who quite clearly didn't have a clue what was going on. Was it unfair of them, even considering what he'd done? Facing the shadows, he glared at them. "Stay back! I know karate!"