DragonGirl10188

Our War~ Accepting!

"Come on everyone, we need to get to safety"

Listening to the other hatchling, Vrael started heading back towards the cave stopping every now and then to look up in the sky, hoping to catch a glimpse of Shawnee. To his dismay, he caught a glimpse of the two shadowy silhouettes tangled and plummeting towards the ground, their descent quickening as every second passed by.

Vrael wanted to help..no.. he NEEDED to help... had it not been for Shawnee, Vrael may have still been trapped in the ice sphere... lost in the currents of the Echo river... images of Shawnee's silhouette rescuing Vrael from the floods while he was still encased in ice flashed through his mind....

Turning back, and preparing to run towards the direction the two shadowy silhouettes were falling in,Vrael tried to summon every ounce of courage he could possibly muster, he was just about ready to charge when... the green hatchling landed just infront of him, halting Vrael's attempt to run and help...

"Everyone move to the cave. Now!" the green hatchling shouted

"What... what am I doing?!" The reality of the situation hitting Vrael... what could he have possibly done to help? He was only a young hatchling... what would he do when he got there? He didn't have control over his abilities yet, he couldnt fly... what was he going to do? attack shawnee's opponent with a barrage of hiccups? Forcing him to laugh himself to death? Vrael cursed himself for being too weak... and too rash...biting his tongue to snap himself out of his thoughts he continued to run back to the cave with the others.... hoping that shawnee was going to be ok... if only Vrael was stronger...

*BOOM* the ground shook, tree branches snapped in half.... something large had crashed into the ground.... Vrael's heart Sank.... every bone in Vrael's body was screaming at him now... telling him to stop and turn around... but in the deepest parts of Vrael's consciousness he knew he would only get in the way.... he knew it would be better for the older, more experienced hatchlings to go and help... Vrael cursed himself again... "why did this have to happen?! Why now?! " he asked himself... "WHY?!" this time shouting the word through his mind...

Vrael looked back... even in the darkness of the night, a plume of dust had covered the area where the two dragons had crash landed... everything went silent for Vrael.... time had slowed down for him..."No.." he muttered to himself... its as if the world was slowly grinding to a halt, everyone of the hatchlings running/flying in slow motion, the anguish clear on every one of the hatchlings faces...

"Is... is he ok...?" Vrael asked, not directed at any particular one of the hatchlings... he just hoped for an answer... an answer that could ease the distress of not knowing....

A roar pierced the silence of the night... knocking Vrael back to his senses... Time resumed normality... Forcing himself to keep going, Vrael continued his run to safetey...the cave slowly starting to appear infront of him... "almost there..." urging himself to get there faster... the sooner the younger hatchlings;including himself, were safe... the sooner aide could be sent to Shawnee...

(( My game was down for maintenence... might as well overkill my last post

P.S... if you can't already tell... i really want to know what happens next tongue.gif)) P))

Edited by TotallyDrow

Steel bowed his head respectfully to Shawnee, the weight of being left in charge to protect the others settling nicely on his shoulders. He immediately took a defensive stance, tail held above his head, shield at the ready, and nudged Vrael towards the cave, "We have to get inside." He watched the battle warily, keeping one eye on them in case a loose fireball made its way towards them. "We don't have too far to go. Just a few more feet," he urged, noticing that Rushling was stumbling a little with her huge, wide eyes, and that she kept staring, opened-mouth, at the battle above. "Silly hatchling, you'll have time to watch the fight when you're safely in the cave." He struggled to maintain his impatience. They needed to get to safety!

When they reached the cave, he would position himself so he was blocking the entrance as best as he could, facing outward, watching and waiting...

((Sorry.. in a rush.. >_<))

Once they were sure that the three wingless hatchlings were safely inside the cave, Grehyen and Tobias looked to eachother and nodded. Grehyen spread his wings wide and stepped forward, using his greater size and strength to shove Steel and the others further into the cave. Tobias then spoke up, "You three find somewhere to hide yourselves, we will go help Shawnee." And with that, the two launched themselves into the air and flew towards Shawnee and the black marrow. Grehyen rattled his frills and roared furiously as dove over the black marrow and loosed a stream of fire. Tobias shot a fireball at the black marrow as well before quickly peeling away and landing next to Shawnee. He nudged the dorsal dragoness's cheek worriedly and shouted, "Miss Shawnee are you okay?!?! Answer me please!!!"

Edited by Drakossozh

Jigsaw's head snapped up from the sword as the ground shook from the power and magnitude of the fighting dragons' impact. In a couple gliding-leaps she cleared the cave. Her eyes grew wide in horror as she saw what had just happened. Dracouraca and Shawnee were on the ground, covered in blood. "Shawnee!" she cried, not knowing if she survived the fall. "Shawnee, are you okay?" Without realizing it, Jigsaw breathed a puff of smoke in panic. ((Isn't fire a natural talent for all/most dragons?)) Her mind shot back to the sword in the back of the cave. "Did he come back for it..?" she thought. Then it hit her and she put the two thoughts together. He was after the sword that he'd earlier claimed as his own. "I'm so sorry, this is all my fault!" she cried. But Jigsaw had to do something. She took a flying leap towards the Marrow, surprising herself as a jet of flames came from her mouth as she roared. She joined the attack and jumped at the Marrow with the other dragons. It made her angry when things attacked her friends. Shawnee had sacrificed herself for the hatchlings. ((I know, not death sacrifice, but she had fought for us.))

Edited by UmbreWulf

Dracouraca screeched loudly just before they hitted the ground like a huge rock. Dirt flew everywhere while trees near them snapped. They landed with his shoulder facing first and her shoulder as well. He growled lowly in pain, it almost sounded like a moan. Not sure if the dorsel survined the crash. He tried to get back up but his shoulder caused him to screech loud in pain. Dracouraca's tail thrashed around annoyedly, knowing that he should get back up before the dorsel. While shaking, he gotten up slowly and steadyly, being carefully not to hurt his shoulder. Then he looked down, his chest was covered in his own blood, the dorsel dragon keep on clawing it when they battled.

Then he managed to get back up, he rasied his tail to whip the dorsel dragon, then all of the sudden an ice blast hitted him, knocking him down createing a huge thump!

And the red nebula hatchling leaped at him, puffing smoke in anger.

"You..." he hissed lowly...

Shawnee closed her eye in thanks and relief when the jets of flame saved her from another beating from Dracouraca's tail. Muzzles nudged her in worry, who they belonged to she couldn't tell because her blood still coated her nose.

She craned her neck and strained her muscles as she pushed her weight to her legs. Every movement sent pain raging through her body, but she had to keep fighting, the hatchlings had come to her aid...

Shawn eventually got to her feet while the black marrow's back was turned, curious as to how the loud sounds of joints popping did not alert him to her presense. She looked down at Tobias who had nudged her earlier, for her blood was on his muzzle.

Her eyes spoke I'm fine, but if any dragon looked closely; they could see she was lying.

She crept up as quietly as she could behind Dracouraca, biting her tounge to keep from crying in pain from her injuries. The dorsal dragon lept on his back, digging him farther into the ground than he already was from being knocked down by the flame from earlier. She pinned his legs to his sides and stomped her back leg on on his tail, keeping it from thrashing about.

"Everyone! Get out of this area and back to the cave!" She stared at Tobias, Greyhen, and Jigsaw with an 'I'm in charge, here' look on her face. "Now!" Her voice started to sound deeper, like she was demonic. Shawn's eyes started to glow white and dark energy started to surround her body in a fragile sphere.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Vrael had finally reached the cave... the exhaustion of the sprint back had finally caught up to Vrael, causing him to almost instantly lie down... his muscles screamed in agony...

Vrael just wanted the others to come back... to be safe... looking over to a puddle that had accumulated on the cave floor, Vrael stared at his reflection, he recalled what Shawnee had told him, just after he was freed from the ice sphere.. "We are one in the same"... Vrael shook his head in frustration... "No..." he said to himself... "We arn't the same... I.. I cant fly... I can't shoot flames...no.. we arn't the same....I'm not strong enough...I'm just... weak..."

The guilt of not being able to save the one, that saved him from his icy prison was consuming Vrael.... How could they be the same... Vrael was always being saved by others... where as Shawnee was the one saving others...

Vrael slowly got to his feet.. and sulked over to the back of the cave... deep down he knew he had to get stronger.. he was always running away from the dangers.... he did it at the village... he did it when he saw the forest fire... and he did it again... Vrael lay there at the back... the depression and guilt were eating away at him...

Edited by TotallyDrow

Grehyen rattled his frills and circled back around to shout at Shawnee, "No we are here to help!"

Tobias looked at Shawnee with concern as he began to realize she was doing something. The little ochredrake bowed his head respectfully and then amplified his voice to both Grehyen and the nebula hatchling, "Listen to what she says you two! We need to go now!"

Grehyen hissed in anger but listened to his friend and looped towards the cave to check on the wingless hatchlings again.

Tobias looked up at Shawnee sadly, "Promise me to come back to the cave Miss Shawnee." He waited for her response, not moving an inch or taking his eyes off of the dorsal dragoness. He had to be absolutely sure that she would be okay.

~

Midnight circled in the air above the battle, watching patiently as Dracouraca was locked in battle with the hatchlings and the dorsal dragoness. He'd been drawn in by the scent of blood and was having a tough time holding back. But he realized that the dorsal dragon was about to do something dangerous so he stayed back. He honestly didn't care if Dracouraca took a beating in the fight. The black marrow could do with a beating or two. For now Midnight would hold back and watch, using his reflection magic to bend the light so that he appeared invisible.

Edited by Drakossozh

"I promise, I'll come come back. Now hurry, go!" Shawnee replied, her voice getting deeper and sounding like it was reverberating off of metal. Her eyes glowed a blinding white and column-like bolts of dark energa darted around like electricity, the sphere of energy around her grew and created a sound similar to a lightning strike as it made contact with tree branches and underbrush.

Amazon had been walking for several days now. Ever since both his parents had left for war he wanted to do something to stop it, but he didn't know what. He was too weak to go and fight himself and too worried too do much else except for worry. He was in one of his worrying moods when he came upon a cave. The last time he came upon a cave, he had entered only to find out that it was the home of a large, scary animal. Amazon would have entered this cave but he didn't know what would happen. After having a long battle with himself he tentatively peeked inside and shouted "Hello!" His voice echoed on the walls so he quickly drew his head back out from the opening. After a few seconds he heard nothing so gathering his wits he ran into the cave, straight into another hatchling who appeared like he was sulking over something. Amazon got back up and ran over to the side of the cave, before the other hatchling even got up. He stood there holding his breath.

Tobias quickly caught up with Grehyen and both landed at the cave mouth within seconds of eachother. The two hatchlings rushed to find those who had not yet grown their wings. Tobias flicked his tongue in and out and shouted, "Is everyone okay? Was anyone hurt? Dont be afraid guys, Shawnee has this under control. There is no need for us to worry ourselves. She's going to beat the scales off that black marrow and come back safe and sound." He stopped to take a breath and then fell silent, not sure of what else to say. Shawnee has to come back safe now... She promised me... The little ochredrake hung his head a minute before he spotted the ice hatchling sulking at the back of the cave as something else ran to the opposite side from it. He didn't recognize this hatchling, it looked like a canopy dragon to him. He sat midway between the two smaller hatchlings and looked between them, giving a comforting smile. "It's okay you two. There is no reason to be upset. Shawnee has control of the situation outside. I don't know your names. Would you please tell me? I'm Tobias."

Grehyen said nothing when he landed. He simply looked at the guardian dragon hatchling and after giving a quick rattle of his frills he leapt up onto his rock again to watch Tobias go over to the back of the cave where the little ice dragon and another hatchling were at.

Vrael lifted his head up... he had felt something bump into him, he surveyed the cave looking for the source of the bump... however due to his exhaustion and lack of energy he found it hard to maintain his vision and focus...

Looking towards the cave entrance, he saw the bigger hatchlings, the green one had gone back to his rock, whilst the light brown? hatchling had sat just a few meters away..

"It's okay you two. There is no reason to be upset. Shawnee has control of the situation outside. I don't know your names. Would you please tell me? I'm Tobias."

Relief swept over Vrael... Shawnee was fine... she was alive... "I'm...I'm Vrael"... he responded, returning his focus back on Tobias...

Edited by TotallyDrow

Grehyen spread his wings wide and stepped forward, using his greater size and strength to shove Steel and the others further into the cave. Tobias then spoke up, "You three find somewhere to hide yourselves, we will go help Shawnee."

Steel snarled and bared his fangs as Grehyen began to push him from his post at the entrance of the cave. He nearly lashed out with tooth and claw, but stopped himself at the last second. Now was not the time for fighting amongst themselves. He growled under his breath as the hatchlings left, "Shawnee left me in charge... and I'm not a damn week-old." He lashed his shielded tail against the inside of the cave. Several sparks flew from his tail, and he glowered as he glared out of the cave. I am not a mere hatchling!

looped towards the cave to check on the wingless hatchlings again.

Steel stared at the frilled hatchling with a look of disdain and pride in his eyes, drawing himself to his full height, only a few inches shorter than the frilled hatchling. He said, voice surprisingly smooth and even, considering the anger in his eyes, "All is well here."

Is everyone okay? Was anyone hurt? Dont be afraid guys...

Steel, still postured at his highest and anger still glowing in his eyes, hissed, "What do you think I am, fresh from my eggshells? I've probably been around just as long as you, if not longer, and yet you order me around as though I were weak and trembling. In case you didn't remember, Shawnee said that I was in charge." He thrashed his tail shield against the wall, causing three or four sparks to fly into the air. They landed on his scales and burned slightly, but he didn't care. "You forget what I am. I was born to protect. It is the only duty I have in living. I refuse to cower in the corner while you fight. You think I'm afraid? I live to protect, and I will die to protect."

Edited by Rixie Pakuna

Amazon noticed the other hatchling did not seem mean. He was going to come out when two other hatchlings landed. He retreated farther into the darkness to listen to them. Shawnee? he thought to himself, who is that. The two hatchlings also seemed nice though, and the one he bumped into seemed to trust them so he came out of the shadows. "My name is Amazon." he said in a really quiet voice before slightly backing up into the shadows.

Vrael was startled by Steel's outlash at Tobias and his friend... it had caught him off guard...

Picking himself up, he walked over to where Steel was... using his snout to nudge Steel's paw..

"Tobias... he.. he said... "the emotions getting caught in Vreal's throat "... he said, Shawnee is in control... she is alive..." Still fatigued... Vrael collapsed into a laying down position.. resting his back against Shawnee's paw... Vrael's eyelids started to get heavy, causing Vrael to blink several times... but he still did his best to look up at Steel...

"She is in control... she is alive...." Vrael muttered again... before yawning and drifting off into an exhaustion induced nap...

just before he succumb to his nap.. he noticed a greenish silhouette coming out of the shadows... and heard it say ""My name is Amazon."

Then..Vrael was asleep... curled up next to Steel's left paw...

Edited by TotallyDrow

Worried for already-injured Shawnee, Jigsaw was reluctant to go but listened anyway. She dashed to the back of the cave and stood in front of the sword. "Dracouraca cannot get this. I'm not sure what it does, but he wants it so it must be important," she mumbled. She started digging a hole to better hide the sword. Sitting in the back of the cave wouldn't keep it concealed for long. With her eyes made for seeing into darkness and night, she could see in the blackness surrounding her. Jigsaw continued to scrabble in the dirt, getting desperate to make this hole happen quickly.

Tobias smiled at Vrael as the ice hatchling introduced himself and then turned to look at the guardian hatchling who was shouting angerly at him. A slightly hurt look crossed the ochredrake's face, "I'm sorry if we....."

Grehyen cut him off mid sentance, "I'm not."

Tobias shot a disdainful look at the frilled hatchling before returning his gaze to the guardian, "I meant no disrespect to you or the position Miss Shawnee put you in. You are clearly stronger than we credited you and for that I appologize..." He bowed his head in honest regret for upsetting the other hatchling.

Grhyen snorted from atop his rock and turned his nose up at the group, rattling his frills again.

Tobias then lifted his head and looked at the canopy hatchling and smiled and said, "It's nice to meet you Amazon. Before turning his attention to the guardian again, "I am Tobias. My companion is called Grehyen. What is your name?" He wanted to try and get off on a better claw with the guardian hatchling so as not to upset him any more.

Edited by Drakossozh

Amazon watched the other hatchlings from his spot. The guardian hatchling seemed mean so carefully going around behind the guardian he stood next to Tobias. "This may seem like a weird question..." Amazon said shuffling his feet in the dirt, "but where am I exactly? I came upon this cave, and then you all showed up. I have no idea what is going on."

Dracouraca screeched as she crawled onto his back, digging into his flesh. He rolled over, crushing the dorsel dragon. Then he heard it yelling at the hatchings to hide. Not like he wanted to harm the hatchlings, but he would just to get his sword back.

Shawnee's sphere of energy broke as she was crushed by Dracouraca, she struggled for breath under the weight of the black marrow, but she didn't try to escape. "T-tell me... marrow. Wh-" Shawn sucked in a breath, "Why are we fighting? What are you here for?"

Picking himself up, he walked over to where Steel was... using his snout to nudge Steel's paw..

Steel's quiet, hissing anger dissipated as quickly as it had started. He lowered his head to nuzzle the back of Vrael's neck, and curled the protective shield on his tail over Vrael's side as the poor, tired hatchling fell asleep.

Steel felt his claws trembling, as though surprised and shaken by his own outburst. His own words rang through his head as though someone else had said them. I live to protect, and I will die to protect. The way my sister died because I was unable to protect her.

...turning his attention to the guardian again, "I am Tobias. My companion is called Grehyen. What is your name?"

Steel was shaken from his deep depression by the hatchling's question. He raised his eyes spoke with a quiet tone, partly out of sorrow and partly out of want to not disturb the sleeping Vrael at his feet, "My name is Steel. I will return to my post as sentry, if nobody has any objections." After waiting a second, he would gently unwrap his tail from Vrael's side and prowl back to sit about a foot away from the entrance of the cave. Steel sat tall and straight to hide the pain in his heart, watching to make sure that any battle raging outside was going to stay outside.

He closed his eyes for a moment and whispered, "Please... I've suffered enough. If I could not have the strength to save my sister, at least give me the strength to protect this new cave of mine."

~~~

Rushling chirped with relief and joy when she saw Tobias return. She didn't fully understand that their friend, Shawnee, was still in danger. "Tobias, Rushling want to play!" she growled in a friendly way, indicating she wanted to play fight. The tiny brown hatchling flicked her tail back and forth, waving the blue stripes in front of Tobias' nose as best as she could, even though the tip of her tail barely reached his chin.

Amazon said shuffling his feet in the dirt, "but where am I exactly? I came upon this cave, and then you all showed up. I have no idea what is going on."

Upon hearing the canopy dragon's words, Rushling raced up to him, pushing her front legs against his knees so that she could stand on her back legs. She chirped, "Does it matter where you are? Play with me!" Rushling gave a demanding little pout like a spoiled child, and attempted to bat at Amazon's face.

Edited by Rixie Pakuna

Dracouraca rolled off Shawnees, and quickly but silently slammed his claw on her neck, so he was pinning her down. His face and chest was covered in his own blood. He hissed lowly "all I wanted wassssss my ssssssword. Your foolish nebula hatchling was carrying it around, and straight away I knew that it was mine" he told her. "I used to be a good dragon, you know? I used to be able to heal other dragons quicker then a white dragon. And even knew cures for cancer. But one day that all changed. That nejected dragon knew my weaknes, he knew how to change the world's most best healer into an dark hearted freak"

He pushed his claw down deeper, still making sure that she wasn't going to escape. But is not cutting though her scales yet but is pressing hard againest it. "I also used to belong to a human. You know how Inkheart knows my weaknes? He tried it on me to drain my powers, but it didn't work since my owner, the human killed himself with the sword to save me. It was a great sacrifice that I could never forget nor forgive. The sacrifice was enough to save me but it wasn't enough to make me the same. When he died...right in front of my eyes. Something changed me...I didn't know what it was but it made me felt jeaously and rage for the first time. I didn't know how to control it but Inkheart offered to help me only if I served him. I agreed and now I want the sword back" he hissed lowly.

Shawnee gasped for air as Dracouraca pushed harder and harder on her neck. "Sorry for the m-misunderstanding then, I b-believed that you meant harm to them..." She took a pause to catch her breath. "But... tell me something else..." Shawn wheezed is a raspy voice, "Why do you want the sword that killed your human? Why do you want a memento of their death? A reminder of what they had to do? S-seems a little illo-ogical to me..." She said, looking up at him with her good eye.

((I'm extremely sorry you had to wait so long for a reply, I could not think of how to respond >.<))

((xd.png))

"Ahhh..." he hissed lowly "no one ever understand me anyway. I just couldn't bare seeing my old master's sword in someone else's claws. I threw the sword into the lake so no one could find it, also the sword has the commard of me. If one little foolish hatchling worked out how to us the sword, then it would be all over for me..." he hissed lowly. "Now...will you give me back my sword?"

Edited by Tiffashy

Shawnee nodded gently. "And if you let me go, I'll get some herbal salve for both our wounds." She said, her voice still raspy. She wrapped her paw around Dracouraca's foreleg that was crushing her windpipe and tried to lift it off, but to no avail. "The only thing I can't prevent is a scar or two... Yet I still have one question that remains unanswered. How do I know that you won't turn on me and run me through with that sword once you get it?"

Edited by CYDA LUVA83