DragonGirl10188

Our War~ Accepting!

((Oh you got her going now. X3))

"Well... fun is when you... Fun is..." Shawnee cocked her head, trying to think of an answer. "Here, let me spell it for you." She replied, springing to her feet.

♫ F is for Friends who do stuff together ♫

♫ U is for yoU and me~ ♫

♫ N is for aNywhere and aNytime at all! ♫

♫ Right here, can't you see?♫

♫ F is for Frolick, through all the Flowers ♫

♫ U is for Ukalele ♫

♫ N is for diggin, sharing meat, and ice lickin' ♫

♫ Here with my best buddy! ♫

And as Shawnee said this incredibly wierd song, she danced around like a hatchling who just learned how to fly.

Vrael lay there, watching Shawnee dance across the cave.. the rhythm of the song still echoing within Vrael, his ear's twitching every now and then. At first Vrael looked at Shawnee puzzled... waiting for an answer.. to his surprise he watched as she got up and started to sing and dance...

Midway through the song, Vrael had developed a huge grin across his face... he was fighting back this unknown urge... but to little avail... Vrael let out a sound, a sound that he had never heard come out his mouth before.... he couldn't help himself... this was all new to Vrael... he wondered what this feeling was...

Meanwhile as a consequence of Vrael's laughing fit the remainder of the meat, that shawnee had given him, had started to accumulate icicles... the cold air escaping from Vraels mouth and nostrils... he just couldn't stop himself, no matter how hard he tried... he had quickly forgotten about his most recent flashbacks...

Edited by TotallyDrow

After hearing Crisie's cry for help, Jigsaw jumped to her feet. She thought for a second. "That dragon was pretty big and kind of scary!" Then she glanced around the cave and saw the shining tip of the blade. "Could.... could it work?" Grabbing the hilt of the sword in her mouth, Jigsaw sprang into the air and set off in the direction of the black dragon. Finally coming into sight of the cave, she yelled telepathically, Do you guys need help?! Upon closer inspection she saw that Flaming lay on the ground unmoving. Flaming! Are you okay?? The razor sharp blade gripped in her teeth shone like a star in the moonlight. "I've never hurt anyone before! But my friends..... my FRIENDS!" She rocketed toward the cave, fueled by the rage of knowing that these things had hurt Crisie and Flaming.

((Sorry I haven't posted. I'm not awake at 4:00 a.m. EST. I like sleeping xd.png

Steel stared with horror as the dragon snatched the hatchling. He had rushed to defend her, by was just too slow. And he couldn't fly... He glared angrily as Flaming took off after the hue dragon, furious that he couldnt fly to help them! The large dorsal dragon said something about not doing anything stupid, and said that she had to sleep. Steel gritted his teeth, top fangs showing through his narrowed lips, and determined that the best thing he could do right now was to wait and protect those remaining in the cave. But as Shawnee curled up and slept, writhing with nightmares, guilt scored its talons through Steel's stomach. He felt a pain at the back of his eyes, and restlessly paced, occasionally snapping up a bite of meat to grind his teeth on and swallow, almost angrily. How could he have let himself get distracted by the stupid fish?! Groaning with pain at the inability to help his new friends, he continued pacing, only daring to eat small bites at a time.

When the hatchling awoke, his first instinct was to lash out and tell him to be quiet before hey were detected again. But he bit his tounge, and let shawnee handle it. He only allowed her dance and song to distract him for several seconds at the time. He nodded approvingly, but found no joy in his heart for himself. She was doing a good job of keeping the new hatchling calm.

His head jerked with surprise when a new hatchling, one that had not yet seen, suddenly flew past, grabbing the sword, and continued heading on towards Their captured friends. He grit his teeth jealously at the sight of her wings, and half-heartedly fluttered the tiny appendages that were still growing on his back.

He looked away, and returned back to the other dragons. He shifted closer to the hatchling who had been having a nightmare, forcing his frustration and guilt out of his mind. Gently nuzzling at him, with the Same touch that he had soothed his sleep with, Steel asked, "I am Steel, what is your name?"

((sorry for random capitals/not capitals and bad-ish grammar... Typing this up on my iPhone))

"I am Steel, what is your name?"

Vrael stopped laughing, it was the 3rd voice he had heard within the confines of his mind... the voice that had quelled the nightmares that plagued Vraels mind whenever he tried to sleep.

He sat their studying Steel for awhile.. blinking occasionally, before answering, "I..I'm Vrael... ". Deep down, Vrael knew that Steel had helped him find peace while he slept, he knew that Steel was the voice that soothed the storm that raged within his subconsciousness. In a voice, so soft that only those closest to where Vrael sat could hear, he whispered "Thank you", lowering his head as he said it...

Edited by TotallyDrow

Jigsaw floated down to the edge of the cave and planted her feet firmly on the ground. She glared at Inkheart and Dracouraca. She recognized Inkheart as the Neglected who had dragonnapped Crisie. She did not know the Black Marrow, but she could see that he was working for Inkheart. She knew exacatly what to do. "This weapon was made to slay dragons. And that it what it's about to do!" She glared at the Neglected... the one who had taken Crisie and caused harm to Flaming. If he hadn't stolen her then Flaming wouldn't have gone to rescue her and, in turn, gotten hurt by the evil creatures. "You are not even worth the name of dragon. BE GONE!" And with that, she sprang at the Neglected's neck with the sword and.... (Dragongirl, I guess you decide what happens XP)

Tobias and Grehyen had spent most of the time after their rescue resting at the back of the cave. But once they got their strength back Grehyen moved off on his own and sat upon a tall rock on onne side of the cave with his head held high and his nose turned up proudly. But Tobias was a friendly and curious hatchling and had been sniffing about the cave when he heard the dorsal dragoness who had saved him and Grehyen singing to the little ice hatchling. He loved singing and could not help himself. He immediatly ran over and joined in the song, dancing around the older dragon. After the song ended he flopped down on his side and smiled up at the adult. "Thank you again for saving us. I'm Tobias and the frilled hatchling is Grehyen. What's your name?" he asked with a melodious chirp in his voice. Grehyen scoffed at the ochredrake's openness to others and rattled his frills irritably.

~

Midnight had been out hunting when he returned to see Inkheart and Dracouraca with two of the hatchlings from the previous night. The vampire carried a deer in one foreclaw and crushed it into the ground as he walked forward, smiling as it squealed as it died. "What have I missed lord Inkheart? I believe I heard the word torture used. You know that is my forte my lord." his voice was a whispered hiss that carried a sense of dread with it. Even to his allies. He then saw the red nebula hatchling diving at Inkheart. The black/vampire smiled devilishly, "Why hello there little one."

Edited by Drakossozh

Shawnee smiled as her attempt on lightening the dreary mood of the cave seemed to work. A little bit after she had finished the song, an ochredrake who had been dancing with her plopped down beside her, the smile on his face causing her to beam with pride on cheering everyone up. "No problem, Tobias. My name is Shawnee. Feel like another song?"

((Mulan's I'll Make a Man Out of You, maybe?))

Feeling re-energized after the meal, and happier then he has ever been Vrael still unaware of what happened to the voice that screamed "Help", decided to sneak out the cave while Shawnee was talking to the other hatchling. Curiousity had gotten the better of Vrael. he had never been to this part of Ensia forest before.. after his escape from the village, he was stuck on the northern part of Ensia forest.

Vrael stepped out of the cave, the fresh air and a cool breeze hitting him. Stretching out his body, Vrael hopped down the couple of rocks and onto a clear patch of grass just outside the cave entrance. Maybe he could find out what had awoken him and screamed for help.

Out of the corner of Vrael's eye a 4 legged fluffball had appeared. The youthfulness found in all hatchlings took over Vrael, he crouched down low, low enough so that his underside was literally in the mud, the ground still moist from the flood that occurred a few hours ago. He stalked across to the 4 legged furball being careful not to scare it away,He was getting closer and closer... until... *Hiccup*. The sound startled the 4 legged furball scaring it back into the forest. After gorging himself on the carcass back at the cave, Vrael had developed the hiccups...*Hiccup* he tried covering his mouth with his paws... *hiccup*. It didnt work....*hiccup* puffs of cold air escaping everytime he let out a hiccup. A small sheet of ice was starting to form on top of the mud.

Vrael was hoping that the other's did not see him like this... he felt embarrassed... covering his face with his tail Vrael hoped he could stay out of view until the hiccups had left... *hiccup*

Edited by TotallyDrow

((Sorry for not being online for a while. I had school and needed sleep :\))

Dracouraca snapped his jaws at the red nebula. It was trying to act all brave and everything with the sword. Then it swinged its sword at Inkheart. Dracouraca roared angrily and tripped over the red nebula with its tail, just before she reached his master with its sword. Dracouraca snarled lowly, he knew what the sword was actully was and it was very dangerous to dragons and his own kind and his master. "Sssssstep away from the sword it" Dracouraca hissed loudly as he told the hatchling, warning it. Completely ingoring the hellfire wyven and guardian of nature. He was too forused on the sword. "Itssssss rightfully mine"

-----------------------------

"Ugh!" Flaming yelled angrily. She sprinted up to Crisie, move her wing behide her and moved her faster, while still limping from the wound in her foot. She cheaked befind her. Making sure that the nejected, dark/vampire and black marrow weren't chasing her. Her long foot was making it hard for her, she had to drag it along the rocky cave's ground, cutting it a little. Lucky her scales were made for resisting fire and sharp things, if she didn't have such scales then for sure it would make everything much worse. The hellfire wyven hatchling keep on pushing Crisie to move faster so they could escape.

Edited by Tiffashy

*Hiccup* Eyes widened, and ears perked. *Hiccup* There was the noise again! It sounded as though something were muffling it now though... *Hiccup* It sounded so... so fun! She had to know what it was! And she wanted to chase it too! *Hiccup* Unable to take the suspense any longer, the blue-streaked creature wriggled her hindlegs like a cat getting ready to pounce, and then dashed out of her little hiding place between two rocks.

A fierce baby snarl (that would've been almost cute if it weren't still mostly dark out) tore from her throat as she charged towards the source of the sound, claws outstretched, ready to snag whatever it was and throw it up into the air and pounce it and tear it to little pretty pieces!

~~~

Steel watched anxiously as the icy dragon hatchling began to slip away, and excused himself from the festivities to stand at the very front of the cave. He sat with tense haunches, and his eyes burned into the back of the hatchling. Although Steel did not want to intrude, he resolved to be carefully aware of where this hatchling was going, and keep him within distance of protection.

His paranoia was confirmed when he heard a terrible, high-pitched snarl. "VRAEL!" he roared, charging into the bushes after the hatchling. "I'm coming, Vrael!" Terrible scenes flashed before his eyes as the few seconds it took him to reach his friend seemed to stretch on for hours, days, weeks... The little hatchling lying on her side, eyes dull and frame nearly nonexistent... The feel as her pulse slowed, her body with simply not enough energy to sustain even the simplest movement: the heartbeat. By the time Steel was bursting out of a bush, thrashing and dragging several broken branches along with him (about two seconds later), rage glittered wetly in his eyes and his claws were fully extended and ready to tear any threat to pieces.

Edited by Rixie Pakuna

Vrael was struggling to maintain the hiccups... he couldn't stop it *hiccup*. He curled himself tighter in a vain attempt to keep this weird noise a secret.*hiccup*....

His ears twitched... "what was that?" he wondered... a subtle roar had pierced the quietness of the night. Vrael, lowered his tail down a little, hoping to find the source of this noise. His heartbeat was starting to race.. What was that?, this time asking anyone or anything that could possibly hear him. The suspense was growing... *Snap* a twig broke.

Vrael manouvered his head around... there was something out there!, Vrael was starting to panic, the icicles forming faster on his face. (The sweat from being nervous freezes since Vrael is an ice dragon tongue.gif)

"VRAEL!"

Vrael quickly got up and started to run towards where he heard Steel roar from... however due to the uneveness of the muddy ground, Vrael stumbled over*hiccup* Curse these hiccup's... . He tried to get up, but his front paw had gotten stuck in the mud..."Steel, Where are you?" Vrael asked, a worried sound to his voice.

"I'm coming, Vrael!"

"There's something out there!, Help me... *hiccup*I'm Stuck... I'm Scared... Help!*hiccup*", Vrael was doing his best to get his paw out of the mud.. always taking a glance behind him. *Snap*. Vrael knew that whatever was out there was getting closer. *hiccup* Realising that it was a futile task, freeing his paw, he lay there. Trying his best to make him self look smaller, barely moving. He thought that maybe, whatever was out there, may not notice him here.

From the direction of the Cave, Vrael could hear Steel breaking branches, and destroying bushes to get to him in time...

Edited by TotallyDrow

Shawnee's ear honed in on the snarl issuing from a baby's throat. With stealth as her main focus, Shawn slithered out of the cave and came to a stop over the mouth of it, keeping her eyes focused on Vrael and Steel. The dragon sat heavily on her back legs, waiting to pounce of something went amiss.

(( Crisie couldn't fly because of her charred wings, her and Flaming Tornado were in front of Inkheart's cave. ))

(( Crisie couldn't fly because of her charred wings, her and Flaming Tornado were in front of Inkheart's cave. ))

The Story has kind of split into two parts at the moment, with some of the dragon's at inkheart's cave, and some at the clan cave.

part 1 (@Inkheart's lair):

- Jigsaw flies out to help Crisie and Flaming, carrying the sword with her.

- Jigsaw starts to attack Inkheart, slicing the sword towards his neck

- Dracouraca, managed to stop Jigsaw in mid strike. He recognised the sword and claims that it rightfully belongs to him.

- Flaming, is still attemping to persuade crisie to move faster, to make a break for it and escape the cave with her.

-Midnight returns to his master's cave and looks eager to fight with the hatchlings.

Part 2 (@Clan Cave)

- Shawnee introduces himself to Vrael, Tobias and Grehyen. He manages to lighten up the mood in the cave by singing and dancing. Tobias joined in with the singing and dancing.

- Steel, is frustrated that she can't go and help crisie. Whilst in the cave she also introduces herself to Vrael

- Vrael goes out to explore this part of Ensia forest but develops a bad case of the hiccups

- An unknown creature is charging at Vrael, whilst at the same time, Steel is running to protect Vrael.

- Shawnee is keeping an eye on Steel and Vrael from the cave entrance

I think thats everything biggrin.gif

Edited by TotallyDrow

Tobias was about to respond to Shawnee that he would love to sing another song when a snarl reached his ears. With feline fluidity he jumped to his feet and turned towards the two hatchlings where the sound had come from. He was a little unnerved by the sound and scooted closer to Shawnee.

Grehyen simply sat atop his rock and looked about the cave in his usual detached manner.

~

Midnight smiled devilishly as Dracouraca attacked the red nebula hatchling. "I don't see what all the fuss is about. It doesn't look dangerous to me." The vampire simply looked on at the battle in front of him, somewhat unimpressed.

Edited by Drakossozh

(( Thanks :DDD ))

Crisie felt her wings lifting into the air, seeping through the holes and calming the pain. She closed her eyes as she was in the air; wait... in the air? She felt herself dipping, so she maintained balance. Now to keep this up for a mile.

Seeing that Flaming and Crisie got out, Jigsaw knew that she had to get out. Fast. She got up and jumped back as far as she could. Luckily, she wasn't too far from the edge of the cave. "Backwards takeoff, never tried that before!" she flapped her wings to prevent herself from smashing into the ground who-knows-how-far-below. "And why would I help you?" she asked as she flew as fast as she could into the night (?) sky. She never looked back. But she did know one thing: They wanted that sword. Knowing that Flaming and Crisie couldn't be too far away, she sent them a message. Where can we hide this thing? They soon came into her view.

Edited by UmbreWulf

The quick breathing from Vrael was starting to form a small mist of cold air, easily visible through the darkness of the night. The fear of the unknown had shaken Vrael free of his hiccups.

He lay there, his body regulating his icy cold blood around his body. Cured of the hiccups, Vrael did his best to keep as quiet as possible. Knowing that help was on its way gave Vrael some comfort, allowing him to slow his racing heartbeat.

*Snap*, Vrael looked back into the direction where he heard that unknown roar... whatever it was, it was getting closer... Vrael could tell that it was getting closer, by the louder snaps reverberating off the twigs that broke under the unknown creatures feet.

He shouted in his mind to Steel, "Its coming!.... It's getting closer!....Steel!"

*Snap* Vrael turned back to where the cave was... hoping Steel could make it in time....

*SNAP!* The loud sound of a twig mere inches away from Vrael snapping, had startled him... whatever comfort that Vrael had vanished in an instant... Vrael did not know who or what had reached him first...so he just lay there... too scared to move, too scared to make a sound...

(Rixie, the suspense is killing me xd.png)

Edited by TotallyDrow