DragonGirl10188

Our War~ Accepting!

((Epic post tiem? >.>))

Ri'Dan nodded, not saying anything about the sappy 'listen to your heart' line. "Alright, Midnight. I hear you." The green dragon turned back around and leaped out of the cave, flaring his wings. He flapped them twice and was up in the air, headed for a certain spot in the Silent Forest, hoping scavengers hadn't gotten to her first.

He landed with a thud, just on the outskirts of the clearing. For some reason, the dragon stopped before he pulled the bushes back. What was he doing? The right thing? Maybe... Ri'Dan pulled the thistle bush back and walked past it into the clearing. Her body was still... and still there... He walked up to her, his head down, almost as if he was a little hatchling being reprimanded by his stern mother. The green dragon nudged her face with his nose, as if she could be revived by a touch and not the dark magic he was about to perform.

Ri'Dan took off his satchel and set it on the ground. Then he unlocked the flap and pulled out several items. A vial of salt, lavender petals, and a small blade that the humans called a dirk. To him it was just a dagger from a navy officer, but who cared at the time?

He spread the salt into the shape of a star and spread the lavender petal in between the points. Next he took the dagger in his paw and looked at her corpse. Placing a paw on its scales revealed that it was still warm... good. With the dagger, Ri'Dan made a fair-sized gash along her haunch, blood collecting in the pit of the blade. He placed a drop of blood at the end of each point of the star. As he did, Ri'Dan spoke quiet incantations. With each word the salt star glowed until it was a bright intensity.

The green dragon took a red potion out of his satchel, the same one he used to staunch Midnight's wounds and prevent them from bleeding. He dripped the potion on the wound he left on her haunch. The mark did not heal straight away; it would start the process of healing once her heart started to beat again. "Ade due damballa. Give me the power, I beg of you. Leveau mercier du bois chaloitte. Secoise entienne mais pois de morte. Morteisma lieu de vocuier de mieu vochette. Endenlieu pour du boisette damballa! Endenlieu pour du boisette damballa! Endenlieu pour du boisette damballa!" All whispered underneath his breath.

She moved... Shawnee moved... He felt tears come to his eyes as her claws twitched and her head shifted from the left to the right.

Ri'Dan finished speaking and sat back, watching as she pulled her heavy head up and blinked her eyes. Ragged coughs racked her body as she exhaled the hemlock gas that had been inhaled only a couple hours earlier. Shawnee clutched her head, pain surging through it as her blood began to pump again. A fragile membrane over the wound on her thigh appeared, stopping the flow of blood outside of her body. Suddenly her eyes rested on him. Hate flashed in them and she staggered to her feet. "You mother******... You ****ing ****ard..." the dorsal's voice was as hoarse as gravel but began to soften as saliva was once again produced under her tongue.

"Short time, no see, eh, Shawnee?" Ri'Dan mumbled sheepishly.

"You ****ing killed me, Ri!" She yelled.

"Now now, Shawna. Don't cuss me out, it's not becoming of you."

"Shut the hell up, Ri. I don't want to hear your ****." Shawnee snapped.

"Shawnee... I'm sorr-"

"'Sorry' won't cut it, damnit!"

"Would you just listen to me?!" Ri'Dan roared, jumping to his feet and striding up to her. "I brought you back, didn't I?! Didn't I?!" He pleaded, but the only response he got was a low growl that soon escalated into a roar in his face.

"I trusted you and you killed me."

"But I brought you back."

"Yet you killed me."

"But I brought you back."

Shawnee growled... but it faded out and the clearing was silent. Ri'Dan watched as her face fell and tears flooded out of her eyes. He opened his wings and wrapped them around her, pulling her close. "Sshhh..." He whispered so only she could hear. "It's alright..." Shawnee grabbed him around the neck, pulling him close to her, hugging him until he could scarcely breathe. She cried on his shoulder, the weight of actually dying crashing down on her back.

"Where are the hatchlings? Are they alright? And where is Midnight? Dracouraca? Inkheart? Is Flaming okay? What about Jigsaw and Cri-"

"Why don't you see for yourself?" The green dragon asked.

"Ri... I can't walk... It's hell just to sit up. Don't even ask about flying..."

It was then that Ri’Dan got a good look of her. He unwrapped his wings from around her and watched as she staggered forward. With a wing extended against Shawnee's chest to steady her, he crouched down at her feet, inviting her to climb onto his back so he could carry her back to the cave. Shawnee pushed his wing away and clambered onto his back. Her head and right front arm hanging over his right shoulder, her left front arm hanging over his left shoulder, and her tail hanging off to the right side. Ri'Dan groaned as he stood up and grabbed his satchel with his tail.

"Alrighty, Shawn, let's go home..." He walked at a brisk pace towards the Clan Cave, wanting not to stay a moment longer in the Silent Forest. The dangers and wives tales getting to him... Dire wolves leaping upon injured creatures and devouring them. Covens of vampires roaming and draining every blood-filled creature they found. This fear allowed the two to reach the Echo River in very little time at all.

The gentle river lay in front of them, its water lapping at the sides of the bank with the soft sounds of night. Crickets could be heard from somewhere of to the left, croaking frogs could be heard from somewhere over on the right. The green dragon waded into the water and began to pump his legs and flap his wings underwater, gliding them across.

Shawnee was nearly asleep as she rested on his back; the cold water filled her with rejuvenation. Life spread through her blood as she felt the coolness against her scales. She opened her eyes slowly, looking at the water as it floated past, feeling the many muscles of the dragon underneath her working to get them home. The purple dorsal dragon lifted her head wearily and looked at the cave in the close distance, sweet nostalgia enveloped her and she laid her head back against Ri'Dan shoulder.

He climbed up the bank, gently shaking himself and fanning out his wings to rid himself of the cold water. Shawnee clung softly around his neck, hanging on as weight was shifted around now that he walked back to the cave. The green dragon walked up to the Clan Cave, unsure of what the response would be to a living, breathing Shawnee when those close to her had seen her die. He stopped at the mouth of the cave and set her down on the soft grass, noticing the Shawnee was already asleep.

Gathering up the remains of a fire that had been made to cook food, Ri'Dan picked up the burnt wood and a few more pieces of tinder. He set this pile near Shawnee and lit it with his breath. Ri'Dan sat down beside the fire as well, pondering quietly if he had done the right thing.

((EPIC POST TIEM!))

((This actually took me three hours to write. 83

So, yay, Shawnee's revival. Here you go. Hooray for Flaming, Jigsaw, Crisie, and the others. :D

Also, the time span of this post, from start to finish, is about 30-45 minutes. I'm sorry about going through such a huge chunk of time TT-TT. Now, I'ma go to bed, head is killin' moi.))

((EDIT: Shawnee's been dead for 27 pages... That's a record for me. I usually kill a character and bring 'em back the next page. Sometimes in the next post. O*O))

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

As Jigsaw flew through the clouds she caught a glimpse of what she had reason to believe was purple and assumed.... flowers. I like flowers though, maybe I can take one with me, she thought, beginning to slow down. With a small curve of her wings she made a wide, lazy U-turn back n the direction of the flowers. The clouds began to rise around her, a signal that she was falling, or rather descending since it was under her full control and she could stop whenever she wanted to.

Wait... I'm going towards the Clan cave! No! That's not right! I don't need anyone else to make me go back, never! Gah, I don't even- She shook her head to clear the unhappy thoughts as she almost brushed a tree with her feet and started to flap her wings and bring herself back up. Jigsaw circled high above the cave once then went out over the Echo River and back in the direction the Silent Forest.

((D: Aw, Jigsaw doesn't know yet. Yeah, she's headed towards the Silent Forest for rather obvious reasons.))

Edited by UmbreWulf

((@Tiffashy yes Midnight is lying down :3 ))

Midnight watched Ri'Dan leave. He thought back to what he had just said about listening to one's heart. True, it was sappy. But reflecting on his past memories and the time he had shared with his beloved Lariela, following one's heart could bring about happiness.... However brief it may have been.... The Black/Vampire shook his head and tried and force away the memories of the day that happiness had been ripped away from him.

Managing to get the memories of that horrible day out of his head he turned to look down at Lymu lying down next to his paws, resting her head on them. The dragon's gaze softened when his eye locked with the hatchling's honest and trusting stare.

"I have to stop Inkheart, Lymu... I can't allow him to continue what he has been doing all these years... My own desire to end his life merely happens to go along with what must be done..." He lowered his head and set it on the ground next to Lymu so they could speak without the hatchling having bend her neck back to look up at him.

What he said was mostly true. Inkheart did need to be stopped at all costs so that these hatchlings could live in peace. But his own desire to feel the Neglected's throat give out beneath his jaws and taste his blood on his tongue was still enough to drive him to his final decision. Once he could locate Inkheart, he would engage the Neglected in battle and use every means necessary to kill him. Even if it cost his own life. He would protect his new Clan and avenge the murder of his mate if it was the last thing he ever did.

Sombra continued chirping. But was it just the wind, or were the chirps getting quieter?