DragonGirl10188

Our War~ Accepting!

Vrael lifted his head up and looked around, avoiding eye contact with Shawnee. "I... I just... I didn't..." Vrael was struggling to find the right words, "I didn't want to see you get hurt... it... it was my fault... if I had stayed in the cave... the others wouldn't have had to make sure i was safe... they... they could have... they could have come to your aide sooner...then maybe... maybe you wouldn't have gotten injured..."

Vrael rested his head on his paws. "All I ever do is run and hide... I did it in the village... after the fire... and I ran back to the cave... I... I'm weak..." Vrael looked up at Shawnee.. "You said that we were one in the same... but.. how?... I.. I'm not strong... I don't have wings (yet)... I can't even control my ice...I've been nothing but a burden..."

Tobias flared his wings and growled protectively when Rushling hid behind him with a squeal. He looked and saw Shawnee entering the cave with another dragon close behind. It was a large male black dragon. Tobias didn't like the look of the creature. Something was off about this dragon. He spread his wings even wider to completely cover Rushling, "Its another dragon. But something doesn't smell right about him. I wouldn't go near him Rushling. He might be dangerous." Tobias turned and nudged his friend gently in the direction of the other side of the cave, away from the newcomer. "Lets go play over there Rushling." He didn't want the newcomer anywhere near his friend.

~

Grehyen looked over as Shawnee returned to the cave and was inwardly glad that she was okay. He smiled at her from atop his rock and shook his frills but in a manner so they did not rattle against his scales. Hethen saw the black dragon and immediatly began to rattle his frills and growl. This dragon gave off an unnatural sense of dread and Grehyen did not like it. He watched the black from his rock warily, ready to attack should it try anything.

~

Midnight stopped at the cave mouth and looked about at all of the hatchlings. They clearly did not trust him. Then he heard the thought message from the little guardian dragon. He turned to look at it and was tempted to seize the hatchling in his jaws and drain it, but he had to keep up appearances for his plan to work. He bowed his head respectfully and sent a message back through thought, I wish to cause no problems for you or your clan, young guardian. He then turned and curled up at the cave mouth, looking out into the night. He would have to be extremely careful not to do anything until he had gained their trust. Then he could drain the dorsal in her sleep and take the hatchlings back to his master, Inkheart. He would just have to bide his time...

"Oh okay" Amazon replied. He felt very safe among these dragons and he became less and less shy. He saw the black dragon near the mouth of the cave, so he went over. "Hello! I'm Amazon. Are you lonely? If you are lonely I would be willing to sit with you. I am new around here as well. I only got here a few minutes before you did. Kind of a coincidence if you ask me. " Amazon sighed and laid down, tired of speaking.

(( Sorry guys, what were we up to? I'll just say Crisie is hunting or something... x.x, to keep this post a non full OOC post ))

Crisie cringed at her burns as she flew overhead a herd of elk, grazing on the fresh grass. Few calves stood near their mothers, so she needed to try and get one as she wasn't ready for an adult.

(( Got to go to school, bye! ))

Jigsaw had to think quickly. Gotta get away from that guy. "It's a nice night and I'm going out to look at the stars," she said, needing an excuse to get out. She jumped over the scary Black dragon and rushed away into the dark. As soon as she was out of the cave's sight, she settled down to gaze up at the stars. They twinkled and glittered. The young Nebula felt at home with the sky. It was her life to gaze up into the nebulae and share the beauty of outer space with those who could not see it. She sighed deeply and found the vibrant red swirling galaxy that she had discovered as a newborn hatchling. It glowed like a ball of lava suspended in space. I might stay out here tonight... so pretty.. she thought dreamily as she continued to stare into the night.

Shawnee nuzzled the ice hatchling as soon as he finished talking. She felt so bad for making him feel so bad. "Oh Vrael... You're not a burden, not at all. What happened out there was something that no one could predict. Not Tobias or Greyhen, Jigsaw, Steel, not Rushling, Rainbow, or even Amazon."

Hiding, say something about hiding to make him feel better.

"And hiding is nothing to be ashamed of. It's prevents the hider from being hurt. I wanted everyone to hide. That black marrow out there, he was dangerous, too dangerous for even me; that's why I gave him the thing he came for."

"Oh Vrael. You get wings soon, you'll learn to control your ability. And let's be honest, when your breed grows up, they are known as one piece of the Legendary Trio. Did you see what Crisie was? She was a Guardian of Nature. When you grow up and meet with a Magma dragon and a Thunder dragon, you three can summon a another dragon just like that. Isn't that amazing?! You can make a dragon appear out of thin air! That's what I call strong."

She picked Vrael off of his ledge and cradled him in her arms. "What I'm trying to is... You just have blossomed yet. You know the flower buds in the spring? Your are a flower bud, waiting to turn into something amazing."

"And hiding is nothing to be ashamed of. It's prevents the hider from being hurt. I wanted everyone to hide. That black marrow out there, he was dangerous, too dangerous for even me; that's why I gave him the thing he came for."

Vrael contemplated her words for awhile... "I... i.. just felt like... I needed to help... If it wasn't for you... I'd probably still be encased in ice... at the bottom of echo river.."

"Oh Vrael. You get wings soon, you'll learn to control your ability. And let's be honest, when your breed grows up, they are known as one piece of the Legendary Trio. Did you see what Crisie was? She was a Guardian of Nature. When you grow up and meet with a Magma dragon and a Thunder dragon, you three can summon a another dragon just like that. Isn't that amazing?! You can make a dragon appear out of thin air! That's what I call strong."

"One piece of the Legendary trio... ", he liked the sound of that, such a statement had restored Vrael's damaged pride to some extent. "Could I really summon another dragon?" Vrael wondered... Vrael couldn't help but smile... for the first time this night he had felt good about himself..

"What I'm trying to is... You just have blossomed yet. You know the flower buds in the spring? Your are a flower bud, waiting to turn into something amazing."

This thought danced around his mind for awhile... "Im still a flower bud... waiting to turn into something amazing..." he chuckled at the thought.. slowly and slowly, Vrael was regaining his sense of pride... "I guess... i'm... I'm just impatient... I.. i just wanted to help...." Vrael paused for a moment... "While... while you were gone... i had this dream..." He hesitated... should he really tell her? Vrael wasn't really sure what that vision was... if it was even real... he even doubted if it was really him...

Midnight stopped at the cave mouth and looked about at all of the hatchlings. They clearly did not trust him. Then he heard the thought message from the little guardian dragon. He turned to look at it and was tempted to seize the hatchling in his jaws and drain it, but he had to keep up appearances for his plan to work. He bowed his head respectfully and sent a message back through thought, I wish to cause no problems for you or your clan, young guardian.

For a second after the black dragon turned to look at him, Steel wanted to recoil in fear. Something about the look in his eyes spoke of dark intents. But the next moment, the look was gone as the black dragon bowed his head carefully. He heard the message, and sat back up tall at his post. We'll see about that...

He saw the black dragon near the mouth of the cave, so he went over...  Amazon sighed and laid down...

Steel felt a thrill of fear. This black dragon... it seemed like it was attempting to join them by gaining their trust. Shawnee told him he could stay for the night. One night. But what if he decided to prolong that stay? Steel reached out and grasped a sharp stone in his talons, pulling it tightly into the center of his paw until it was jabbing sharply into his skin. I will stand guard all night tonight. he told himself.

She jumped over the scary Black dragon and rushed away into the dark. As soon as she was out of the cave's sight, she settled down to gaze up at the stars.

Steel nearly called out to Jigsaw, and struggled with mixed emotions. It seemed that Shawnee was exhausted, and he didn't want to bother her. But he couldn't leave his post where he was watching Midnight. Who was going to make sure she was safe? He cast his glances everywhere, trying to find someone to watch over Jigsaw, and gritted his fangs. He slowly stood up, casting a final warning glance at the black dragon, and walked after the nebula dragon.

"Jigsaw?" he called, his voice soft and gentle. He found her just out of the cave's sight, and he sat beside her, gazing up towards the stars. Of course, he could not see what she saw, but he found them beautiful nonetheless. He murmured, "Jigsaw, I... I don't want to interrupt, but could you please come closer to the cave? I want to keep an eye on Midnight, but I don't want to leave you out here, alone, either. Shawnee already has so much on her claws, what with Crisie and Flaming still missing..." He trailed off, keeping his head respectfully bowed.

~~~

Rushling felt safe as Tobias spread his wings about her, and she made a happy noise before following him towards the safer, deeper regions of the cave to continue her playing with him. She shot between his legs, using her smaller size to attempt to confuse him, but was then distracted by hearing Vrael's thoughts echoing around in her mind. She stopped short, and gently nipped Tobias' tail, listening carefully to Vrael's words even as she attempted to continue playing.

"I... i.. just felt like... I needed to help... If it wasn't for you... I'd probably still be encased in ice... at the bottom of Echo River.."

"Happy to help, it's what I do. I couldn't just let a hatchling die if I could have done something." She replied to his first statement.

"Could I really summon another dragon?"

Shawnee nodded, "A powerful dragon as colorful as the arctic aurora borealis that can harness any element, be it ice, earth, fire, electricity, or anything else it wants. Vrael, you can create art. That's what summoning is. Art. Try to control to pattern of your snow flakes sometimes, I bet you could really make something amazing."

"While... while you were gone... i had this dream..."

"Why don't you tell me about it when we all gather for dinner? Which should be in a few minutes. Don't worry, I'll get you a spot where the fire's heat can't hurt you." Shawnee smiled at the young dragon, the pain from her wounds gone, as she had other things on her mind, such as cooking the meat for the hatchlings. She set Vrael down in a dry place so that his feet wouldn't freeze in the dampness and puddles on the ground of the back cave.

Shawnee trotted to the front of the cave, feeling a new energy rising within her, she had a job to do; take care of the hatchlings and hope for the best with Flaming and Crisie. She flicked Midnight's side softly with her tail and mumbled, "Time for dinner." Picking up a leg of the dead deer and jumping out of the cave, Shawnee shot fire onto a pre-stacked pile of wood and dropped the carcass onto the flames. "Deer's on!" She yelled into the cave. "Don't worry, Steel. I'll watch her. Don't worry about it." Shawn said to the agitated Steel.

Dracouraca closed his fingers around the red crystal. It stopped gleaming and turned black. He growled lowly, then he remembered how to heal his shoulder. He dragged himself along the ground and gripped his long claws around the dead plant lying in the cave's floor. He whispered a spell to cause the plant to turn purple with blue light gleaming around it. He pressed it hard againest his shoulder and it's leafs grabbed onto his shoulder and hum loudly. Now he could see the wound healing quickly. Then he looked down to his belly, his underbelly was cutted and wounded badly from the last fight he had. He poked his long forked tounge out and licked the wound, cleaning away the blood.

Dracouraca got up to leave the cave, the purple flower was still on his shoulder so it could heal more quickly. He flapped his wings quickly and as soon as he knew it, he was gliding around in air, above the clouds. He span around and drived into the clouds, he could hear the wind hissing loudly as he swooped down at great speed. At the right time, he opened his wings just before he hitted the ground, dodging the trees in his path and flapped harder to get back into air. He didn't bother to sreech, he wanted to be steathly this time and he only screeches when he is warning everyone that he is coming. He flapped slower to not get too much speed and slow enough to land on the tree.

He grabbed it with his black claws and clinged onto the large tree which was big enough to surrport his weight. Dracouraca broke a few branchs but not enough to blow his cover. He peered over, he saw hatchlings, the dorsel whom he attacked before and Midnight.

"Midnight..." muttered Dracouraca. He never liked him much, he didn't even bother to help him while he was fighting the dorsel. By reading their body lanuage, he could tell that some of them didn't trust Midnight.

"I'll talk to him when they are sleeping," he told himself lowly, so lowly that no one else could hear the marrow hissing lowly to himself.

"Don't worry, Steel. I'll watch her. Don't worry about it." Shawn said to the agitated Steel.

Steel teetered a bit on the spot, undecided. If only he could be in two places at once and watch multiple things at once... He swallowed hard and finally nodded, "Thank you, Shawnee." Steel had decided that Midnight had a higher priority than Jigsaw. The red nebula was smart; she didn't need a babysitter. Midnight, on the other hand... He needed someone to watch him. Steel sat beside the fire, surprised to see that he was hungry again. Perhaps the large amount of food he had eaten the day before was beginning to work its way through his system and kick his growth into overdrive to catch up.

When the meat seemed well-done enough, he snagged a large chunk on his claw to yank it out of the fire. He gripped it tightly between his jaws and carried it back into the cave, bringing it to Vrael. Steel's eyes shone with warmth as he dropped the meat in front of the ice dragon. "I figured that you wouldn't want to come too close to the flames." Steel settled beside his friend and tore off half of the chunk for himself, chewing slowly so as to savor the taste.

He twitched his tail after swallowing a bite. "I heard Shawnee say something about a dream?" He gazed at Vrael with large, sad eyes. "More nightmares?" After waiting a moment, he added, "Tell me about them."

~~~

Rushling nudged against Tobias' leg, but she was distracted by the smell of meat. "Food..." she drooled, prancing off towards the flames like a kitten learning how to walk. She stumbled over Midnight's tail on the way there, because she was not paying attention to where she was walking. She squeaked fearfully and ran away as quickly as she could, hiding behind the nearest dragon, who happened to be Shawnee. "I'm sorrrrryyy..." she wailed, crying in fear of the large black dragon whose tail she had tripped over, curling herself into a tiny ball behind Shawnee.

"Hm?" Shawnee lifted her head from the piece of meat she had taken from the fire, a little bit of it hanging from the edge of her mouth. She finished chewing, swallowed and pivited half up her body around to see a fearful, little Rushling curcled up behind her, shaking. "Ssshhh, Rushy, he won't hurt you. Here. You must have come out here for something."

Shawnee turned back around to face her piece of meat that rested by the fire. "Eat this, and when you're ready to go back to sleep, just go curl up on some moss inside the cave, get comfortable." she said, dropping the meat in front of Rushling before putting her head back down on her paws and closing her eyes, basking in the heat of the fire.

Growls lowly, he wanted to be apart of Midnight's plan. He climbed down the tree carefully, be very careful not to break any twigs or branches. Surpisely the tree still held his weight. His hind leg touched the ground, so the rest of the body followed in till he was off the tree. Dracouraca muttered his vanish spell to cause the black mist to dance around him. Then the mist cleared away and the marrow dragon wasn't there any more. He was now on the roof of the cave, watching below, waiting for the right time...

Maybe he could try and steal another hatchling for his master. But no, they will rescure the hatchling easily like last time. He needed time for plans, well he did have time for plans.

"You can create Art", Shawnee's words reverberated through Vrael's thoughts... "Am.. Am i really this special?" He asked himself... Vrael knew that if were to be able to accomplish any of these feats, he would have to get stronger, smarter...

After Shawnee returned to the front of the cave, the Immatureness and impatientness of a hatchling returned to Vrael... "Why should i Wait... I can try it now" He mused to himself.. Closing his eyes and focusing hard, Vrael hoped that he could make something happen, anything... and then work on from there... nothing happened... Vrael tried again, this time focusing as hard as he possibly could...holding in his breath.... seconds passed... Vrael kept focusing... his determination undamaged... reaching his limits, he exhaled, a translucent cold mist escaped his mouth, just strong enough to coat the cave floor a few inches infront of him. Vrael grinned... he was just about to go tell shawnee what he did, when he was stopped by Steel.

It was only when Steel dropped the piece of meat, that he realised how hungry he really was... he could always tell Shawnee later... Vrael was about to take a bite of the cooked meat when Steel asked,

"I heard Shawnee say something about a dream?.....More nightmares?....Tell me about them"

Vrael stopped... he didnt want to add any more trouble... "Oh.. It... It's nothing.." Vrael tried to sound confident. "It wasn't a nightmare..." Vrael grinned, trying to convince Steel, when really... Vrael had no idea what that vision was...he resolved to tell the others, only after he himself fully understood what it meant...

Vrael took a bite of the meat... then looked up at Steel... "Thanks for saving me earlier." Vrael glanced over at Rushling... he still hadn't fully forgiven her about scaring him...

Hoping that he had convinced Steel, Vrael returned to eating the cooked meat :3

Edited by TotallyDrow

Tobias smiled and continued playing with Rushling for a while until the aroma of cooking meat reached their nostrils. Tobias trotted along behind Rushling and when she stumbled over the black's tail he placed himself between his friend and the newcomer, hissing defensivly. He then lay down next to Rushling to wait until the younger hatchlings had eaten before eating anything. They needed it more than he did.

~

Grehyen smelled the food on the fire and was pulled out of glaring at the black dragon. He leapt down from his rock and walked right over to the cooking deer and grabbing a large chunk of meat in his jaws. He ripped off the chunk of meat and carried it back into the cave where he climbed back onto his rock and settled in to his meal.

~

Midnight looked down at the little canopy hatchling and smiled slightly. Only turning up the corners of his mouth so that his teeth wouldn't show and then saying, "It is nice to meet such a friendly hatchling here. What is your name little one?" He then noticed Dracouraca was somewhere nearby, but didn't care to look for the marrow. They would speak once this clan had gone to sleep. When Shawnee flicked his side and said that it was time to eat he bowed his head and said, "I am not hungry thank you. I ate before I stumbled across your cave." This was true to the extent that he had fed before coming here, but he had not just stumbled across the cave. He had known where it was since the fire the previous night. He turned and looked down at the little whiptail hatchling after she tripped over his tail. The young ochredrake had moved himself between thewhiptail and Midnight. "Do not worry little one's. I have no objections to what happened. It was an accident. I cannot hold an accident against someone." He then turned and lay his head down, his eyes resting on the now invisible Dracouraca.

Edited by Drakossozh

His cat like eyes, but blood red eyes narrowed at Midnight. He was on the roof the of the cave, outside. He could still see them though. Thanks for his great eyesight. And also can hear some hatchling talking about nightmares. He scroffed a little. Nightmares, hmp. That child doesn't even know what a true nightmare was.

Dracouraca couldn't tell if Midnight sees him or not. But for sure, he wasn't allowed to blow Midnight's cover, about whatever his plan was. He didn't dare to make any noise that would make everyone curious and search for him. He looked up, noticing that night is coming. Not much longer un till he can speak with Midnight.

Edited by Tiffashy

Jigsaw's eyes immediatly refocused on the trees in front of her and whipped her head in the direction of the cave, hearing Midnight's voice. She glared at him, watching him talk to Amazon. She wanted to pick up the hatchling and take her away from the Black dragon, but resisted. She grit her teeth angrily but knew there was nothing she could do about the dragon. Jigsaw looked up once again and continued to gaze at the stars. She was still on edge, but looking at the sky did bring some peace to her mind.

"My name is Amazon. I typically don't talk this much, but I am really excited to finally have some friends. Before my parents left for war, no one ever wanted to be friends with me. Now, I am here and I have lots of friends." Amazon smiled thinking of how happy he was. "Do you have any friends?" he asked Midnight.

Whats happening right now:

*Midnight is acting nice towards the hatchlings, some of them don't trust him yet.

*Dracouraca is sitting on top of the cave, no one could see him. He is waiting to talk to Midnight

*Flaming accidently lead herself and Crisie to the Silent forset, and they just found a human camp

*Tobias and Rushling are playing with each other

*Shawnee invited Midnight into the cave. Telling other hatchlings that they shouldn't be scared of Midnight

*Dracouaca hid his sword in a puddle and casted a spell over it, creating a trap that makes flesh melts if you touch the water. A rat already died in the trap and turned into bones.

The fire crackled and the flames danced in Shawnee's eyes. Slightly entranced by it's magnificent beauty, the dragoness shook her head and stood up. "I'm going to go for a walk. I'll be back by sunrise, just screech, roar, or come get me if anything happens." And with that, Shawnee started walking away from the clan cave through the woods, needing some time to absorb everything that had happened so far.

Amazon stood up from his position next to Midnight and ran after Shawnee. "Can I go with you? I would like to see a little more of these areas. I would like to be familiar with the landscape in case something happens. But if you don't want me to come I understand. We all need alone time sometimes."

"I don't like this, Crisie" Flaming told her. Everything around her was dead, every single little thing apart from the human camp they found. "Lets go back home. Well actully we should rest first, hey? I had been carrying both of us for ages just to escape them"

She lay down, resting. Then she licked the wounds that she had for a while. Now they looked like they were healing and she could see the scars on her large foot. After a while she got up to look around for food. Sticking her nose into every little part trying to find scraps of meat or something edidable. Flaming rolled over a rock and a large bug crawled out, making its escape. Flaming slammed her large claw on it, trapping it and she got her other claw to kill it. It lay on the floor dead and Flaming pulled its small head off it eat it, and fed the other parts to Crisie.

Flaming got up to look around, standing up like a merkat on her hind legs, looking around with her great eyesight. Everything was dark, and spookie. Trees reached over as if they were hands waiting to snatch one of the hatchlings. Flaming shiver a little. She hated this place heaps, even when the trees are dead, the forset was alive with evilnes, now she wasn't even certain about sleeping in this cave were humans once been. A long time ago she was flying around in a human village and the knights threw rocks at her, trying to kill her by making her fall down and finish her off with their pointie silver things (swords).

Then all of the sudden, she heard screeches in a distance. Flaming went closer to Crisie just in case something jumped out of the dead bushes and attacked him. She didn't even want to know what was lurking in the forset, she wanted to get out of here now. "Crisie" she whispered "I'm scared"

The screeches got louder and louder, then they heard a roar...

Edited by Tiffashy

Midnight watched as the dorsal dragoness left with the little canopy dragon asking to go as well. The black/vampire then turned his head to look right at where Dracouraca was hiding. "Im going to find a stream to get a drink from. I will be back soon." He got to his feet and headed off into the woods in a different direction than Shawnee. Once he was far enough away to be out of the clan's sight he launched himself into the air and circled into the night sky, hoping that Dracouraca would follow so they could converse.

Dracouraca smirked 'About time!' he thought to himself. Flapping hard, he took off without a sound, following Midnight, he flapped his wings once more and before he knew it, he was gliding over the clouds, where no one could see the marrow dragon. He screeched lowly to tell Midnight that he was following and that they needed to talk.

------------------------------------------------

Flaming cuddled closer to Crisie, frightenly. They couldn't see anything but the dead trees of the forset while they hid in the small cave. But they could hear screeching and roaring from a distance. Flaming whined lowly and hugged her tighter. A large shadow made from the moonlight stood over the cave. Flaming gulped as it came closer and closer...

Midnight's heightened vampiric senses allowed him to pick up the faint beating of the black marrow's wings and he heard Dracouraca's screech and then circled up to meet the marrow up above the clouds. He caught a breeze under his wings and hung in the air for a few moments before proceeding to circle the black marrow, "What is it Dracouraca? Have you brought news from lord Inkheart? Or is this meeting for some other reason?"