DragonGirl10188

Our War~ Accepting!

"Ahh, I wouldn't kill you," he chucked lowly in a hiss like thone "you not the one that I wanted to kill. Not the one that I seek revenge on. Also, you're way too much fun. Barly anyone survines me which makes things way too easy"

He stepped off her. Dracoucra waited for her to get his sword back. Just before she left he says "just because I came here, it doesn't mean that I would stop attacking you afterwards" he reminded her.

Edited by Tiffashy

Shawnee rubbed her throat, trying to get the ache out of it. She nodded at Dracouraca's reminder and trotted back into the cave with a noticable limp and a spotty trail of blood behind her, glancing back at him a few times on the way. Shawnee stepped and into the cave and started scanning around for the sword; eventually finding its hilt sticking up out of the ground in the back of the cave. She gripped the hilt with her teeth and lifted it out of the dirt, careful not to cut herself. "Now where's my knapsack...?" The dragon mumbled.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Dracouraca tapped his claw on the near by rock unpaiently. He knew that he shouldn't be trusting an enemy dragon but this was his only choice. He noticed that the dorsel dragon keep on looking back, cheaking on what he was doing. Well he wasn't doing much, just ingoring the bloody wound and his shoulder which was temping him to screech loudly in pain, but he wouldn't dare to do that in front of other people. He would after everyone left him alone so he can yell and screech in pain all day long without anyone hearing him. Of cause his master would think that he was a wimp if he heard his cries.

Now he was sitting here waiting for the dorsel to return with his sword.

She sifted around the cave until she found it behind a rock, still filled with the herbs. Shawn limped back out of the cave and to Dracouraca. "Here, take your sword. And take care of yourself." She said, jamming the sword a little ways in the ground in front on Dracouraca, and tossing the knapsack his way. She sat down at the base of a small tree that hadn't been broken and licked her wounds, trying to ease the sting that she felt from them.

Vrael shifted ever so slightly in his sleep, repositioning himself into a more comfortable position... the mental and physical stress of the last 24 hours had drained a lot out of the young hatchling... which was not helped by the mad sprint for safety just a few moments ago...

His breathing was still somewhat heavy while he rested... the cold air escaping his nostrils, keeping the temperature in this part of the cave rather cold...

((could not resist the temptation to post :/)

"You take care..." he hissed as he picked up his sword in his claw. He didn't smile when he picked it up, it just brought back bad memories of the past. He chanted his vanish spell to disapear. Black mist circled around him, blocking the view of the marrow dragon and then when the mist faded away, the marrow dragon wasn't there anymore.

Dracouraca reapeared in the cave of Inkheart. Cheaking that his master wasn't looking, he dropped the sword in the disgusting, unclean rain water. Straight away, the unclean water hidded the silver sword. Dracouraca chanted a spell to create a trap for those who would try and touch the sword. A big rat ran across Dracouraca's path, it leaped into the water to swim to the other side. Then all of the sudden, it got pulled under the water. Dracouraca just stood there, seeing if his trap worked or not. Then the rat floated back to surface, as bones. All of the flesh was cleaned away and all of its fur. Just bones were floating on the surface then they sinked back into the disgusting water.

Dracouraca walked away from the small pond which had the sword and the rat bones in it, thinking about how close for someone to take control of him. He growled lowly and talked lowly to himself "stupid hatchlings....how did they find the sword? They dare to mess with such a dangerous weopan?"

------------------------

Flaming flapped her wings hard, she was panting loudly. She was carrying Crisie cause her wings were too damaged to fly. Her hopes were really low, she keep on cheaking behide her to see if anything or anyone was following. She couldn't tell were she was. Everything was all dead like and the trees were dead. The grass was dead. Every single little thing in sight was dead, there was nothing but dead. She didn't like this place, she could smell evil lurking around, watching her like some little helpless animal flying with her injurd friend. Flaming saw a cave and now her hopes slightly raised. She glided towards the cave and dropped her friend when they were close enough to land.

She walked towards the cave, but triedly. Dragging her heavy feet, wings and tail along the sand to take a look into the cave. It was huge. And dark, she could barely see anything in the darknes. But then she saw a fire torch on one side of the cave. And then her sight got better. Flaming saw crates filled with unknown odjects, fur on the floor, may be used for sleeping on. Weopans like swords, arrows and bows on one side of the cave and a fireplace in the middle, without any fire but burnt up logs and everything.

Knowing that the two leggeds were here not too long ago, she turned around to tell her friend, Crisie about what she saw...

Jigsaw looked at Shawnee in a puzzled way as she watched her pick up the half-buried sword and give it to Dracouraca. "What.. I'm confused," she said to herself, tipping her head at Shawnee. Her eyes filled with shock as she realized how hurt the Dorsal was. Not knowing what to do because she couldn't heal, JIgsaw decided to introduce herself to the new hatchlings. ((They haven't seen her because she was in the back of the cave.)) She shook the dirt off her scales, walked up to the hatchlings, and said, "Hi. My name's Jigsaw. Who are you?"She saw a small Ice and Whiptail, a Canopy, a Guardian, and one other dragon she had not seen before. ((Sorry, I forgot what you were, and right now can't put names to types. >.<))

Jigsaw looked at Shawnee in a puzzled way as she watched her pick up the half-buried sword and give it to Dracouraca. "What.. I'm confused," she said to herself, tipping her head at Shawnee. Her eyes filled with shock as she realized how hurt the Dorsal was. Not knowing what to do because she couldn't heal, JIgsaw decided to introduce herself to the new hatchlings. ((They haven't seen her because she was in the back of the cave.)) She shook the dirt off her scales, walked up to the hatchlings, and said, "Hi. My name's Jigsaw. Who are you?"She saw a small Ice and Whiptail, a Canopy, a Guardian, and one other dragon she had not seen before. ((Sorry, I forgot what you were, and right now can't put names to types. >.<))

((Theres an ochredrake and frilled dragon tongue.gif *Points at tobias and Greyhen*))

Tobias nodded when Steel said he would be returning to his post as sentry, "Nobody will try to interfere with your duties anymore Steel. You have my word." The ochredrake bowed and spread his wings a little in a gesture of respect before Steel left. He then heard Rushling's joyful chirp and saw the whiptail rushing up and announcing that she wanted to play, growling in a friendly way. Tobias couldn't help but smile at her and immediatly jumped forward to nip and bat at her playfully, immitating her growling perfectly thanks to his vocalization magic. During his play fight with Rushling he tried to pin down the smaller hatchling for a few moments so he could answer Amazon's question, "We live here I suppose you could say, though we have only been here a day or so. We live here with an adult dorsal dragoness named Shawnee. There she is now!" He saw Shawnee come into the cave and smiled. He turned to Vreal to tell him that she was back but he appeared to be asleep so he let the hatchling be and resumed trying to control the hyper little whiptail. He turned to Amazon and finished what he had been saying, "Shawnee could probably explain what's going on better than I can. You should talk to her." He then jumpedback away from Rushling and circled the other hatchling, growling playfully.

~

((Dracouraca may have left but Midnight has his own plans *evil smile* ))

Midnight watched as Dracouraca stopped fighting the dorsal dragon. The dorsal left and then came back with the sword that the black marrow had been so set on retrieving. After she gave it to him he vanished and, Midnight assumed he returned to Inkheart's cave. "Incompentent fool. Leaving a job unfinished like this. I suppose I'll have to finish what he started." The vampire slowly decended towards the dorsal dragoness, dissolving his illusion so that his shadow appeared as he flew over her but keeping himself hidden. He touched down a few dragon-lengths away from her and spoke in his unsettling whisper, "Greetings dragoness. I appologize for my ally's rudeness. I hope you were not seriously wounded." Though he himself was cloaked by illusion, his shadow still cast across the ground where she could see. He could use this to his advantage. If he could keep the fact he was a vampire from them for long enough to gain their trust, he could drain the dorsal in her sleep and take the hatchlings back to Inkheart. He kept control over himself knowing that plans do not always work and that he would need to be extra cautious since he had no backup. But if he succeeded...

"Ally?" Jigsaw hissed, wary of the now apparent shadow taking form over by Shawnee. She was a bit unsettled by the creature's voice and the fact that it was invisible. That shadow is huge. she thought as the shadow descended and supposebly touched down to Earth. Then another thought came to mind: Where were Crisie and Flaming? She wanted to go out, but the looming shadow looked very ominous. And it had talked. A talking shadow.

Amazon was now very curious so he decided to go talk to this Shawnee person. He began to walk toward the front of the cave. He like these hatchlings, soon he might be able to call them friends. He had always wanted a good friend, he would do anything for one. When he almost reached the dragoness he saw saw a large shadow near her. Thinking it was another hatchlings shadow, he walked right up without any fear. "Are you the person in charge here? I was wondering where exactly I am, and what is going one." he felt more confidence as he talked because for once he felt like he had friends. Amazon then turned to the shadow. "Hello, how are you. I know it seems strange talking to a shadow, but I am SO happy! I finally feel like I almost have friends! And I will do anything to have friends!" He turned back to Shawnee and waited for her answer.

Whilst in his exhaustion induced slumber, visions had danced around in his dream, they were mostly visions of the past... visions of things Vrael would do anything to forget, and visions of events that Vrael was thankful for... however one particular vision had stood out from the rest..rather it was not a vision, but a premonition instead...

He was standing in a forest opening... alone... something was off though, no longer did he have to look skywards to see the top of tree's.... they were now eye level with him... these tree's however were frozen over... icicles formed on their branches replacing the leaves...looking down he could see that the ground had frozen over... encasing the grass and rocks in a layer of solid ice... Vrael looked over to his side... to his horror blood had coated this part of the ice in scarlet red... tracing the blood, he noticed that it was dripping off his wings and flowing down his hind leg... something or someone had teared through the muscle...it was his blood... he was bleeding... how.. how could this have happened...

A vicious roar interrupted this surreal moment... looking up he noticed a figure... flying too high up for Vrael to distinguish... it was diving down towards him, as if an eagle had finally decided to go in for the kill...Vrael tried to move.. the injury to his hind leg making it hard for him... he couldn't get away in time... looking back up again... the figure was much closer.. it was diving at an angle now... directly towards him... an orange flame ereupting from its mouth...

Then just like that... the premonition had ended... as suddenly as it had appeared, it disappeared.. Vrael had awakened... he was breathing and panting really hard..."What... what was that..?" he wondered... he was about to tell the other's about this vision of his... but thought better of it.. Shawnee was still not back...he decided to keep this particular event a secret... atleast until he knew that everyone was safe...he did not want to add more problems for the rest of the group...

He resumed his laying down position, his back facing the cave entrance... he did not want to stare outside the cave, in fear off Shawnee coming back seriously injured... Vrael didn't know if he could look her in the eyes... not after running away looking for safety, he felt that through his incapability to fight and help. he had abandoned her.. the person who saved him... his pride had been damaged...

In all honesty, Vrael felt partially responsible for this... if he had stayed in the cave, Steel, Tobias and Greyhen could have gone and helped Shawnee directly.. they wouldnt have had to come out and usher him back to the cave and make sure that he and the other young hatchlings were safe... he had caused nothing but trouble since he got here...

(This all occurs before Drakossozh's post :3)

Edited by TotallyDrow

Dracouraca stepped away from the sword, which was hidden in disgusting, dirty water which no one dares to touch. But surpisely, the sword got no affect from the water at all. It still sat there, gleaming beautifully. Then you could see rat bones sitting besides it.

He got up slowly, still not taking his eyes away from the sword. Dracouraca cheaked behide him to see if anyone was watching. Then he licked his wounds, cleaning the blood away. His shoulder was still hurting really badly, it felt like it was brocken but Dracouraca knew that it wasn't brocken. It just felt so painful, he was kind of wishing that he never tackled both of them out of the sky, so he would had never had an almost brocken shoulder. He tried to remember how to heal his shoulder, his memories of his past weren't strong but he did remember some bits of his life when he was one of the most greatest healers.

He walked slowly towards the red crystal which was lying on the floor. It was quiet big for a human but for a dragon it was quiet small. He held it in one claw. "Show me my memories 170 years ago," he told it. The red crystal changed colours, from red to blue to green to red then it happened all over again in a swirlie way intill it looked like a huge puddle with mixed colours.

-A vision of Dracouraca's past-

"Its hatching! Its hatching!" cried out the little boy holding the egg with excitement. The red and black egg shoke wildly, eager to escape from its small prison. The boy watched it with excitement as the egg shook more and more. Then it stopped shaking, the smile was wiped off the boy's face. "Oh well..." he says disapointedly "maybe it will hatch tomorrow..."

The 10 year old boy got up to leave the egg alone. Then he hid it in a wheelburrow and covered it with hay, he cheaked behide him to see if anyone was watching before hiding the egg. He got up to go outside of the stables, where the egg was hiden in the wheelburrow. He took one last look before running off.

"Show me Uther's past, 170 years ago," Dracouraca muttered to the red crystal. It swirled around again in different colours and in the crystal there was a blonde hair boy running away from the stables, leaving behide the egg in the wheelburrow.

"Uther!" yelled the old lady, she was a skinny lady but her face was ugly and had a long nose which looked like a hook. "Uther!" she yelled again loudly, sounding more angly. Uther was running fast, jumping over the hens in his path as he made his way for his master. "My lady," he panted. Uther was wearing dirty clothes while the old lady was wearing clean and fancy looking cloths. This old lady was a weathly person which kept Uther as a servent. She was a nasty lady and was very rude to other people inculding Uther.

"Repair the window," she screeched like a crow. Uther walked off, after being dismissed by his master. He grabbed his sticks and string to try and fix the window. Some boys were walking down the street, they had much nicer looking clothes then Uther, they snigger when seeing Uther and pointed and laughed at him. Uther didn't look at them, trying his best to ingore them.

One of the boys picked up a rock and turned to the other smirk widely "dare me to?"

The others nodded, also sniggering. The boy threw the rock at Uther's head.

"Ow!" cried out Uther. He turned to see the other boys laughing. He jumped onto his feet in anger and stomped up to them. "That was not funny!" he growled at them. They keep on laughing and one of them pushed Uther. "Oops" says one of them fakely. Then another one pushed Uther onto the ground. They all bust out laughing. "Are you gonna cry?" teased one of them. Uther said nothing and tried to get back up, then the same person pushed him back down. Another kicked him and they all laughed as they keep on hurting him.

Uther hair was being tugged, someone was kicking his knee while another was teasing him loudly. He yelled in pain as they pulled his hair. Uther kicked wildly at them, and rasied his fist to punch one of them in the nose. One of the bullys backed away with his nose bleeding and they stopped laughing. They quickly ran to their friend and tried to comfort him while his nose was bleeding.

Uther got back onto his knees and ran as fast as he could, he didn't even bother to cheak if they were chasing him.

He slammed the stable's doors close and sank to his knees sobbing. He wiped the snot away from his nose and keep on crying. Then all of the sudden, he heard some noise. Uther looked up. He couldn't see anything un-normal apart from a small red/black hatchling walking towards him. He wiped the tears away from his eyes to get a better view of the dragon baby. It was making hissing noise as it came closer to him.

Uther smiled widely and pat the creature. The hatchling rolled into his laps playfully. Then looked at him with huge eyes. "I think i'm gonna call you..." he says to the hatchling, hugging it carefully "Dracouraca'

Edited by Tiffashy

((That story made me go 'Awwww' and 'D'aawwww' at the same time /)^o^(\ ))

A shadow passed over Shawnee, a rather large one at that, too big to be a hatchling.

"Greetings dragoness. I appologize for my ally's rudeness. I hope you were not seriously wounded."

Ally?

"Are you the person in charge here? I was wondering where exactly I am, and what is going on." - "Hello, how are you. I know it seems strange talking to a shadow, but I am SO happy! I finally feel like I almost have friends! And I will do anything to have friends!"

Amazon!

Shawnee snatched Amazon off of the ground by the scruff of his neck, turned her head, and dropped him onto her back. The dragoness got to her feet and growled at the shadow, or the area in which there would be the something that made the shadow. So basically, she was growling at the air. "Whatever that marrow does on a daily basis is none of my business, but I don't want to be any where near another one of that clan..." She moved away with slight ease, as the adrenaline was returning to her system. Shawn didn't know what dragon this shadow belong to, but backing away was a good start in not istigating a fight; even if the shadow sounded like it meant well.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Midnight looked at the little canopy hatchling that had walked up and started talking to them. A smile appeared on his face though the other dragons could not see it. He saw the dorsal dragoness pick him up and drop him onto her back before starting to back away while growling at him. "Clan? We are not a clan. Each of us is our own dragon. And I am not like Dracouraca. I will not attack you out of a blind fury to get at an item I want. I am here because I want to help your clan out. I suppose it's hard to trust a shadow. Here." He dissolved his invisibility and stood before the other dragon. His fangs had slid up into his gums while he was invisible so he looked like a normal black dragon. "I mean no harm to you or the hatchlings dorsal."

Jigsaw jumped back as the shadow dissolved and a dragon melted from it. She cannoned into Vrael, tripping over him and skidding backwards. "Sorry! Are you hurt?" she said geting up to check on the small hatchling. "I didn't mean to hurt you, but I bet you would be pretty surprised if a big shadow turned into a dragon," she joked, trying to ease the distrurbed hatchling. Jigsaw peeked her head back out of the cave, trying to see the black dragon. She did not trust it, for it said it was an ally of Dracouraca, and that dragon probably would have killed her if it wasn't for Shawnee. And besides, what kind of monster could use a black magic like that? Why not just show himself? Jigsaw sat down and watched the dragon.

Shawnee stopped backing up and eyed the black dragon warily. She set Amazon down beside her. She looked out at the horizon, realizing that the sun was about to set, night would soon be upon them. Sighing reluctantly, Shawnee turned back to the black dragon. "If you would like to, you are allowed to sleep at the cave's mouth tonight. For it will be a cold night, I am sure. We usually have a fire going outside the cave to ward off predatory creatures like wolves and such, so it will be fairly safe." The dragoness explained to Midnight. "Come on." Shawn prodded Amazon towards the cave and motioned for Midnight to follow them.

"Guess you get your new friend." She mumbled quietly to Amazon.

The dorsal did feel something was off, but she couldn't tell as the pain from her wounds and the fight still scrambled any adavanced thoughts.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

(At cyda, i thought it was already night time? shouldn't the sun be rising? tongue.gif)

Vrael lay there contemplating his thoughts... what could that vision have ment, he wondered?. Unlike before, the images that had taunted him during his sleeps were of events that had occurred in the past...but this... this was different... "What does it mean?" he pondered... he was awaken from his thoughts when something or someone had landed on top of him...

"Sorry! Are you hurt?" he heard Jigsaw ask...

Vrael tried to respond... he found it difficult to talk, the air had been knocked out of him... *cough* "I'm...." *cough* "Fine..." *cough*... its' a bit hard.... *cough* "to talk" *cough*. Vrael was now sitting up... his voice slowly coming back to him...

"I didn't mean to hurt you, but I bet you would be pretty surprised if a big shadow turned into a dragon"

"Huh?" Vrael responded, obviously confused... "What... what do you mean?, What big shadow?" Vrael had been unaware of the confrontation between Shawnee and Midnight...

He followed Jigsaw to the front of the cave, peering over aswell... to his relief he saw Shawnee walking back towards the cave with Amazon... however she was being followed by someone... someone he did not recognise...

Vrael, still feeling the guilt of being completely useless and a burden had decided that it would be best for him to remain at the back of the cave, he was not 100% confident that he would be able to look at her in the eyes... the guilt was just too great..., if not for her.. who knows what would have happened to him... Vrael shuddered at the thought... and now when she was in danger and needed help, all he could do was turn and run... like a coward... Vrael retreated to the back of the cave, climbing up a few ledges... he positioned himself in the highest corner and lay there... due to the lack of light this deep in the cave, it would be hard for anyone to notice him here..

((Lol's one of my friends who read the story so far.. asked if Vrael was an emo =.=... i'm not trying to make him an emo ;/))

Edited by TotallyDrow

Amazon saw that Shawnee was afraid of the shadow, she tossed him on her back and started to back up. After another brief conversation the shadow turned into a black dragon. "See... it was another dragon." Amazon thought to himself. Shawnee dropped him on the ground and then they walked back to the cave, the other dragon following. Amazon heard Shawnee say, "I guess you did get your friend." Amazon nodded his head, "I guess I did! Are you able to answer my question now? I am even more curious now."

((Time... *looks back a few pages*

Derp. *feels like an idiot now* Let's um.... go with it? xd.png))

"Well... I'm not directly in charge, but I'm sort of like the Mom." Shawnee replied to Amazon. "As to where we are, it's called the Clan Cave. It's where we sleep, where we eat, a little congregating place. And as to what's going on? I got into a little argument over a misunderstanding with another dragon a little bit ago. Nothing serious." She refrained from telling him that Crisie and Flaming were missing, to not make him worry about it not being safe.

Once they had gone back into the cave, Shawnee scanned the hatchlings with her good eye to make sure that they were all there. One was missing from the current group. "Where's Vrael?" She asked, her voice soft. Oh please don't let another one of them be gone... Please don't let him be missing... I wouldn't even know where to start looking. Thoughts raced through her mind with worry; the suspicion from having lived next to the Silent Forest returning to her senses, even though she usually was a bit more relaxed around the hatchlings.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Steel stared suspiciously at the shadow when it appeared, and his tail, with the shield on the end, began to raise, ready to lash out to protect from any sudden movements. When it turned into a dragon, he hissed lowly. He stared straight into the newcomer's eyes, and his thoughts could be heard through telepathy, "Give any of us any trouble, and I will personally make sure you are driven out of our cave." Adrenaline rushed through the guardian hatchling. He did not trust this black dragon. Something was wrong. He should not be able to conceal all of himself but his shadow.

He did not trust this dragon one bit. He stepped aside to let Shawnee and Amazon enter the cave, but if the dragon was going to follow, he would hiss, "You may have Shawnee's permission to sleep here. But now this: If you so much as make a sudden movement towards any of the Clan, you will be sorry."

Adrenaline pumped through Steel. Not like the fury he had felt earlier. This was different. This was rage, pounding through his veins, ready to shred and kill to defend his Clan.

~~~

Rushling continued to happily play with Tobias, but squealed when the shadow showed up. She was somewhat further back in the cave, but nonetheless, she could see what was happening outside. She lunged behind Tobias, clinging to his back foot, attempting to hide behind the ochredrake. "What is that?!" she squeaked.

Rainbow almost bared her fangs at the mysterious visitor, she did not like him one bit. But Shawnee had invited him in. Rainbow sighed and whispered, "Vrael wanted some peace and quiet." The tip of her tail flicked to the back of the cave where she could actually detect the slight shimmer of his scales with her Nebula dragonsight. The aspect of sleeping around the Black dragon put her on edge. Maybe I'll stay down there too. I don't want to be murdered in my sleep. She eyed the Black, looking at it carefully for any hint of something she could use to convince Shawnee that he was bad news without seeming like a whining little baby. Not seeing anything, she flexed her claws, scoring the dirt, trying to rid herself of her growing frustration. Jigsaw walked up to Shawnee and whispered, "Do you have any idea where they've gone? I hope they're okay." She looked into the dying sunset, wondering what could have become of her friends.

Shawnee din't hear the threat made at Midnight, all she wanted to do was to lay down in the damp moss at the back of the cave. But Jigsaw had a question, "No, hon, I don't have any idea where they are... But it worries me to no end." On her way to the back of the cave, she tore off a piece of meat from the deer carcass and swallowed it, filling her stomach for a little while. She continued the the back and lay down on the damp ground, worried about Vrael. "Peace and quiet? Oh Vrael... Don't tell me you've run away..." she wondered aloud quietly before laying her head down.

"No no no. He's curled up on a ledge in the back of the cave," Jigsaw said, not meaning to have sounded differently. She saw the deer carcass and took a chunk of meat further back into the cave, wishing to get away from the Black dragon. ((She REALLY doesn't like this guy.)) Jigsaw settled down and chewed on her piece of meat, wondering what ever could have happened to Crisie and Flaming. She wondered if their 'guest' had something to do with it.

Shawnee's eye widened in blank emotion and she looked up to see a dark ledge above her. "Vrael, hon? That's where you were?" She got up and looked at the ledge to faintly see frosty scales in the dim light. "Vrael, why are you up here? Got too warm near the cave mouth?" She asked honestly, seeing no reason for Vrael to feel guilty.