DragonGirl10188

Our War~ Accepting!

((let's see if I remember this correctly

-Midnight WAS talking to Drac and is still tyring to gain the trust of the clan

-Jigsaw fell out of a tree and is now laying in the back of the cave

-Steel is guarding stuff

-Vrael is trying to get revenge on Rushling for scaring him

-I think Tobias went off to find Grehyen

-Drac is trying to find Crisie and Flaming (?)

-My characters found Crisie and Flaming in a cave

...I hope I got everything and I hope it's all right...correct me if I'm wrong >.< I'm not entirely sure))

((oh yeah ^^" forgot about that, sorry. I knew Shawnee was doing something, but I just wasn't sure what <.<))

Jigsaw stretched and tried to get up. Her legs were stiff from laying in the hole and not moving. Her bruises were partially healed, but she was still sore in many places. Drawn by the scent of food, Jigsaw got up and tore a piece of meat off the deer carcass. She placed it on the edge of the fire to cook. While waiting for her meal, she looked around and noticed an Ice hatchling she had not seen before. How long has he been here? I should go ask his name, it would be the polite thing to do. Jigsaw watched the deer meat roast in the hot fire and her mouth started to water at the thought of warm, delicious food. When it was done, she took the meat back to the hole and devoured it hungrily. It was juicy and filled her stomach right up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glace scored her claws down a tree. It felt good to be a real, wild dragon! Those two-legged creatures had not given her proper exercise. Being stuck in a cage all day with the only exceptions being a few minutes outside here and then, she didn't get much time to run about. And the fresh wild meat tasted better than the stuff they fed her. Glace nibbled on the chain around her neck. The 'collar' the humans put on her said Icey on the tag, but her mother had not named her that. Not that Glace knew, she couldn't read. With a crack! the chain snapped and fell to her feet. She dug a shallow hole in the ground and placed the collar inside. She brushed dirt onto it, then packed it down with her paws. No one needs to know that I was kidnapped by those filthy creatures, she thought. Glace continued to trek on through the forest. She stopped when she found the Echo River to take a drink, not noticing the cave looming in the distance.

(Long Post is Long)

Phayne flew through the night, he had not rested since being banished from his clan. He just wanted to run away, to escape the pain that had now taken a firm grip around his heart. "I... I just wanted to prove myself.... to the clan... to my father" he paused, "... and to myself..."

Phayne was alone... alone in a world so vast... so dangerous.. and so strange... he no longer had the comfort of having others around him.. his own father had disowned him.. banished him from the world that he knew... and his mother... he could never see her again... he wasn't even given the chance to say goodbye... to Phayne, his mother was so much more then your typical mom. His father had decreed that no other hatchling could be born within the clan, after Phayne hatched. This was to prevent any more delay's and to negate the risk of hatchling's growing up without their parents... yes it may seem harsh... but his father only did what he thought was right for his clan.. Being the only hatchling within the clan was tough for Phayne, the only person who ever played with him was his mother, she had tried her best to give him a normal life, whilst the other dragons prepared for the war... a tear rolled down Phayne's cheek.

All was quiet within the night sky, it was surreal for Phayne, he had never felt so small, so insignificant in the world...without the clan.. he was no one... he had no identity now, except for his name... he flew and he flew, passing over the forest below, a silverish blue river meandered further down the forest, splitting the land into 3 different sections. Phayne needed to rehydrate himself, his tongue had dried up and his muscles were screaming in agony. Phayne had wanted to fly further, to get as far away as possible, to escape this tormet of being forever alone (See whut i did thar?) but he knew he could not do what was physically impossible... he needed to rest. He glided down into the river below landing with a splash, the water was ice cold and felt good against his scales. He let out a loud roar, it was the roar of a dragon that was in pain.. a dragon that had lost everything...

Ripping the branches and leaves off the nearby tree's, he built a nest.. just like his mother had thought him when he was younger. He lay there.. slowly drifting off into a deep sleep.

In his dreams he relived the series of events that had led him to being exiled.

His father had ordered him to protect two female white dragon's, they were the healers of their clan. Phayne however had other idea's, he had planned to make a name for himself, to be recognised as a true warrior, to be feared and respected by other's, just like his father was... eager to prove himself, he abandoned his guard duty and flew out into the midst of battle, looking for a way to make his mark on the war. In doing so however, he had left the healers exposed to an attack on the east, a group of humans who were hidden by magic had snuck through this opening, they were planning to kill the healers.

Whilst Phayne was away, the healers were attacked... the other 3 dragon's assigned to the north, south and west were able to fend off the brunt off the attack, however the older white dragon was unfortunetly slain. Meanwhile Phayne unable to find a decent opening on the battlefield had decided to attack the supply caravan's, since he could not affect the war directly on the battlefield, he decided to affect it indirectly by destroying whatever supplies they had....

Night had fallen, Phayne's attack was succesful. Feeling proud of himself he flew back to the camp where his clan was stationed. Landing in the center of the camp, he noticed that those in his clan, who had survived were all sitting around in a circle, a look of disgust in their eye's, Phayne's father was in the center, staring at him, his mother was nowhere to be seen.. "Where's mother?" he asked, fearing the worst.. "She is out hunting" His father responded. A wave of relief swept over Phayne, "Father, I..." Phayne began, "SILENCE" his father roared, Phayne cowered in fear, so too did the other dragons. "Father... I.. I.." Phayne tried to respond. "Do you know what you've done?, you left your post!, you gave the human's an opening... and they took it..." His father gestured over to the white dragon, she was motionless, the younger healer was crying over her.."You endangered our kin, our own flesh and blood!" his father roared, "Father... I.. I just wanted to..." his father cut him off, he was now completely staring down at Phayne.. as if he were no longer his son.. but prey..."Your a danger to our clan, you disrespect authority, you ignore orders, and you hunt for glory to boost your ego.." his father's words stung him... "Wh... what..?", Phayne stuttered.. there was a moment of silence before his father finally responded...

"You are no longer my son... you are a disgrace to the dragonkin and are hereby banished from my clan!... Don't ever come back!" the other dragon's roared in unison, and a gold claw swung at Phayne, warning him to leave before things escalated... Phayne took to the sky, a chorus of roars so loud echoed behind him... it was the clan...

Phayne awoke in a cold sweat... He got up and walked over to the edge of echo river, looking down into its depth's he could see the ghostly image of himself staring right back at him, he sat there staring at this spectral image... looking for answers within its ghostly eyes. An hour passed, and Phayne had barely moved, he needed this mirror image of himself to give him the answers... to tell him who he is, to tell him what to do... and to give him a chance at redemption...yet nothing happened...,

This part of Ensia forest was silent, devoid of life. The animals in this area had fled, seeking refuge in places unknown.. who could blame them... in the space of 48 hours, a flood had swept over their homes... two collasal creatures battled, using the sky and the ground as their arena and further down this shoreline, the tree's had been charred, the signs of a forest fire... A leaf had shaken free from a nearby tree, landing on the ghostly doppleganger, displacing the reflection. Phayne swiped at the leaf...creating ripples in the icy cold river... Phayne let out another roar... and shot electricity into the sky...he wanted this torment to end.... he collapsed beside the shoreline.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Glace looked up from her drink to hear a roar. "Wh-who's there?" she said afraid. Her claws gleamed in the moonlight. She crept along the bank, towards the sound. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning shot up into the sky. Up! Surprised and scared, Glace jumped back.... only to find herself in the icey river. She kicked and paddled, not knowing how to swim. The drenched hatchling finally clawed her way up the bank and collapsed there, exhausted from her unexpected swim. To her shock, the upset dragon was right in front of her, sleeping on the shoreline. Glace was scared, but her curiousity took over. "Hello? Who are you?" she peeped, fear gone. She shook the water off her scales and looked at the dragon curiously.

Phayne looked down at the small Winter seasonal hatchling... he had never seen another hatchling before, due to the rules decreed by his father.., he studied her for a moment, before finally responding... "I am Phayne...son of..." he stopped himself... remembering that his father disowned him..."What is your name?, do you know what forest this is? Why are you not with your clan? your parents?" Phayne asked, still laying down on the shoreline.

"My name's Glace," squeaked the hatchling, excited that the dragon had woken up and talked to her. "I only knew my parents for a very short time, the two-legged took me away from them almost right after I hatched. They've kept me locked in a cage ever since." She shuffled her feet in the dirt; she had never talked to another dragon besides her parents. "It's nice to meet you, Phayne. And no, I have no idea where we are." She lookd across the river and spotted the hatchling's cave. "Hey, I think there are dragons in that cave!" she said, squinting into the darkness.

Phayne looked over in the direction that Glace was staring in. In the darkness of the night, only lit by the light reflecting off the full moon, he could see an opening in the rocks.

Phayne couldn't tell if there were other's inside the cave, but never the less he would much rather have the comfort of resting inside a cave, where he was less exposed from the dangers that lurked through the night.

He returned his gaze upon Glace, "Would you like to go check?" he asked.

She turned to look at Steel, the hatchling looked more and more agitated about Midnight. The way he watched the black dragon so closely, criticising every move. The dorsal dragon got up and walked over to Steel, sat down beside him, and nuzzled him behind his horns. "Steel, do you ever get any sleep? You've watched every dragon from hither and yon, why not relax a little?"

Steel glanced at the dorsal dragon and shook himself, letting the condensed dew shake off the scales on his entire body. He turned his gaze back to her, looking her steadily in the eye, "I sleep when I have confidence that everything is safe. I'll sleep when the sun is up, and everyone else is awake. It's my purpose in life to guard and protect."

"And yet I could not protect her... my Light of all Lights..." he whispered in his mind sorrowfully. He bowed his head to hide his eyes from the adult dragon, breaking eye contact. The pain was coming to the surface, manifesting itself in liquid that blurred his vision. Tears... a taste so dreadfully familiar, a taste that he had tired of long ago. Steel shook his head hastily, letting a couple tiny droplets shatter on the stone. When he returned his gaze to Shawnee, any sign of weakness was gone. No more tears. This he had decided all those months ago when he grew tired of the taste. "I don't live to rest and play. I live to carry out what I must, and I won't be moved from it." His steely determination showed itself in his dark eyes. ((no pun intended))

Even as his emotions raged back and forth, Steel caught the sound of dragons talking. He jumped to all four feet, squared up with back arched, complete with fangs bared in case the intruders proved to be a threat. "Who's there?" he said boldly, voice a little rougher than usual. "Show yourself, or else I'll assume you're preparing to attack!"

~~~

The moss had softened the blow for Vrael... had he awakened the sleeping hatchling?

Rushling suddenly became deathly still. Even her rough, snarly breathing seemed to stop completely. Her claws, in mid-shred, stayed motionless on the ground, and her tail had stopped twitching. She didn't open her eyes, but she didn't continue on in her fretful dream either.

Edited by Rixie Pakuna

Glace's eyes sparkled. She was ready for some excitement. Her escape wasn't much of an adventure, it was full of fear, not happiness and courage. She nodded her head enthusiastically and looked for a spot to cross the river. "I can't wait to see what's in there!" she squealed, excitement pulsing through her. She bounced around, ready to go.

Tobias walked through the forest silently, the morning's dew begining to collect on him as well as everything else. He padded along silently with his snout to the ground, his tongue picking up Grehyen's scent easily. He followed the scent until he came upon his friend rooting through a rotten log. The frilled hatchling lifted his head and swallowed a centipede he held in his jaws before speaking, "Tobias? What are you doing out here?"

The young ochredrake walked up to his friend and sat in front of him, "Vrael is looking for you. He wants you to teach him how to control his ice powers better."

"Really?"

"Yes really, let's go." Tobias headed back towards the cave, but Grehyen didn't move.

"Why should I help him?"

Tobias stopped and turned around to his friend, "Seriously Grehyen? You know more people would like you if you weren't such a selfish censorkip.gif all the time."

Grehyen rattled his frills at Tobias and hissed lowly. Tobias crouched and spread his wings, returning the hiss. The two hatchlings lunged at eachother, but Grehyen's greater size let him bowl Tobias over. The two rolled across the forest floor hissing and snarling. Tobias managed to squirm out from Grehyen's grasp and leapt onto the frilled hatchling's back. He then seized Grehyen's right frill in his jaws and yanked on it, causing Grehyen to shriek in pain and pulling the other hatchling onto his side. Once Grehyen was down Tobias threw his weight onto the thrashing frilled dragon's neck to keep him pinned. Tobias shouted down at his companion, "Cry settled! Or I'm going for your frill again."

Grehyen stopped his struggling and lay still. After several moments the frilled hatchling responded, ".....I cry settled..."

"Good." Tobias let the other hatchling up, "Now lets go. You can teach Vrael tomorrow once we've all slept."

Grehyen flicked his injured frill and sent a small spatter of blood onto the ground and then followed Tobias. The ochredrake looked at his friend who walked with his frills folded back and his head held low. Losing a fight always seemed to humble him. But he still always got his prideful attitude back by some means. Grehyen looked over at Tobias and said, "Okay, I'll teach the ice dragon all I know. But compared to what he can learn eventually it won't be much."

Tobias smiled, "All I was asking was for you to help."

The two battered and bruised hatchlings returned to the cave together. Both were covered in bleeding bites and scratches but neither seemed to mind them. Tobias cast about for Vrael.

Vrael picked himself up slowly, being careful not to awaken Rushling. She hadn't seem to awaken, walking around to the front, he noticed that her eyes were still closed... Vrael breathed with a sigh of relief, he could still carry out his revenge.

He stalked closer, gathering up as much of the moss as possible. He planned to disguise himself as a monster, to scare her when she awoke. He sat there, satisfies with his handy work, he was completely covered in the moss...and he looked terrifying.

Vrael scrapped his claws against the cave floor, hoping it would wake Rushling up. He needed her to be awake for his scare plan to work..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phayne saw the sparkle in Glace's eyes, she looked excited. A smile crept across his face, there had been nothing but loneliness and sorrow, since his exile from his clan.

"I can't wait to see what's in there!"

"Well lets go find out, Shall we..." Phayne gently scooped up the young hatchling with his two front paws. Jumping into the sky, Phayne flew across Echo river and landed a few metres outside of the cave. The smell of cooked deer filled his nostrils, Phaynes stomach rumbled. He placed Glace on the ground and stretched, his muscles were still sore, but it was nothing a good nights rest could not cure.

At the cave entrance, Phayne could make out two silhouettes, one bigger then the other. "We are not alone..." he whispered to Glace.

Shawnee watched with amusement at how 'scary' Vrael was trying to be. Vrael, freeze the moss to your body. And try to freeze the dew on your horns, make spikey ice on them. With that said, Shawnee turned her attention to the two who were approaching, a big one and a little one. "Steel. You are in charge. If you need me," a yawn escaped her throat, "come get me, okay? Just... make sure that everyone gets to bed, especially those who just hatched." Another yawn. "I'll be sleeping outside tonight." She stepped out of the cave and coiled herself right in front of the mouth, closing her eyes and staring the smooth walk to sleep.

Flaming gasp and jumped back, hitting herself againest the cave's wall. Mistaking the vampire hatchlings as enemies she curled her lips and letted out a low snarl, stepping in front of the guardian of nature protectively. She bared her teeth at them, showing off her dagger like fangs waiting to finish their kill. But the hellfire wyven wasn't stupid enough to take on two vampires by herself. She tried to work out if they would attack her or not.

Then one asked "are you guys alive?"

"What do you think?" Flaming growled at them, not knowing that they mean no harm to her. She swinged her tail side to side swiftly, she will use it to knock them down if they came closer. She doesn't trust vampires...

Vrael heard Shawnee's suggestment, he closed his eyes, focusing hard... trying to recreate that feeling he had earlier, when he created a cold mist...

His body temperature dropped drastically, the blood in his veins getting colder, the effect this had on the moss was clear... slowly and slowly the moisture within the moss started to freeze, encasing his scales in a greenish sheet of ice... noting down his success, he gathered up more moss, shaping them into spikes, that protruded out of several random spots on his body, once again he encased it in ice, hardening the moss. Vrael was now resembled an alien spike covered Monster.

He growled softy, towards rushling, trying to get her to open her eyes... it was all he needed to scare her.

Meanwhile, Vrael had not noticed that Tobias had returned with Grehyen. He was focused on one thing at the moment, and that was getting revenge... tongue.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phayne noticed the bigger sillohouette exit the cave, and coil herself in a resting position. Phayne could not tell if she was bigger then him, due to the lack of light.

Phayne looked down at Glace, he could see her excitement. "Glace, I think it would be much safer if we stayed outside tonight. If those other dragon's decided we were a threat, i would be in no condition to fend them off", this statement had surprised Phayne... before these last few days, he would have never imagined himself saying such things. He would normally jump in and ask questions later..

Phayne walked over to a tree and shook lose a few branches and leaves. Creating a nest for himself and a nest for Glace. "I will keep watch for now" he told Glace.

Glace nodded her head. If they were to get attacked, she would be of no use. Her claws were not sharp and she had no wings. She tore up some dry moss from a rock and brought it over to the nest that Phayne had made in hopes that it would make it softer. "Thanks," she said, circling around in the nest before laying down. "Maybe tomorrow will bring better news." Glace yawned and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jigsaw had just woken up once more and gotten out of her nest. On her way out, she spotted Vrael in his moss-monster disguise sneaking up on Rushling. She nodded slightly and quietly tiptoed past him. While warming her scales by the fire, she caught a glimpse of two dragons, a big one and a small.

A new idea had come to Vrael, he gathered up some damper moss from deeper within the cave, and covered Rushling in it. Focusing and exhaling, he managed to recreate the cold mist from his mouth, slowly freezing the moss that covered Rushling. Not only would he scare her, she would be trapped smile.gif. Vrael's heart beated faster, he could not wait any longer... he wanted to taste the sweet taste of revenge :3

Vrael jumped around the cave, poking Rushling with his claws and tail... he could not hold in his excitement. Up and down, left and right... Vrael jumped "This is going to be harder then i thought" Vrael said to himself..., "Maybe I can wake her up by pouncing on her...", taking a running start, Vrael was getting ready to pounce on the sleeping hatchling... when he slipped, sliding across the moss... his icy moss armor did not help at all... it turned the cave floor into a slip and slide for the young hatchling... *CRASH*, Vrael had crashed into the sleeping Hatchling, he knew as Amazon... Vrael had accumulated quite a bit of moss around his snout, covering up his nostrils during his slippery adventure... it caused him to sneeze... directly onto the now awake Amazon... Vrael stared at Amazon, he could not hold in his laughter... the Moss had frozen over Amazon's face... giving him an icy green beard...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Phayne stayed awake outside. Keeping watch. There had been little movement outside the cave since the bigger sillohoutte coiled up, he noticed two small shadows whom he assumed were mature hatchlings, fly into the cave. But apart from that, nothing else happened. However that was no reason to drop his guard. He lay there, eyes focused on the cave opening.

Edited by TotallyDrow

((Amazon is a he... and he is totally not aware of his ice beard laugh.gif ))

Amazon was startled awake by something crashing into him. Scared, he jumped to his feet and was about to run when he realized it was just the ice hatchling he had run into earlier. "Well, at least we are even now." The other hatchling just started laughing. "What's so funny! I didn't laugh when I ran into you." Looking at this hatchling, he thought about when he was younger and everyone would tease him. "Are you trying to bully me?" he asked trying to stand up taller but eventually just falling down. "Well, I am not going to tolerate that." he said standing back up, "and I am especially not going to tolerate it being done by my new friends. Unless you're not laughing at me which could be a possibility, you could be laughing at something else." Amazon continued to muse over this while the other hatchling was still laughing. Suddenly Amazon began to feel very cold. "Issss itttt collldddeeerrr ttoooo yyyooouuuu?" he asked shivering, strangely it was mostly his face that was cold, like he had a block of ice on his face.

Tobias and Grehyen heard the crash as Vrael slammed into Amazon. Tobias immediatly rushed towards them but Grehyen just yawned and climbed back atop his rock before curling up as if to go to sleep. Tobias stopped and turned towards him, "Come on Grehyen. You said you would teach Vreal to control his ice better."

"I said I'd do it in the morning. Night Tobi." And with that, Grehyen shifted himself so he faced the wall and quickly drifted off to sleep.

Tobias gave an annoyed hiss. He hated being called Tobi. He then turned and quickly trotted over to Amazon and Vrael who were both on their feet now. Both of them were covered in frozen moss and Tobias had to stifle a laugh as he approached. "Are you guys okay? Why are you guys dressed like shrubs? Is this a new kind of game or something?" Tobias was genuinly confused by the mossy coverings the two hatchlings bore.

Vrael laughed even harder when he fell down. He had never seen something so funny before.

"What's so funny! I didn't laugh when I ran into you....Are you trying to bully me?....Well, I am not going to tolerate that...and I am especially not going to tolerate it being done by my new friends. Unless you're not laughing at me which could be a possibility, you could be laughing at something else."

"Its.. Its..." Vrael was finding it hard to talk through all the laughter... "There's... There's... something... on..."

Vrael layed down staring at Amazon, his paws covering his mouth in an attempt to try and stop the laughter.

"Issss itttt collldddeeerrr ttoooo yyyooouuuu?"

"Nope" Vrael said grinning biggrin.gif"My face feel's perfectly fine" Vrael hinted tongue.gif

Vrael noticed Tobias walking towards the two of them,

"Are you guys okay? Why are you guys dressed like shrubs? Is this a new kind of game or something?"

Calming himself down, Vrael responded, "I was trying to scare Rushling...but... she just wouldn't wake up... She must be a deep sleeper" A hint of annoyance in Vrael's voice... He would have to try to get his revenge at a different time... "Then.. then i crashed into Amazon and sneezed... and this happened.." Vrael pointed at Amazon's icy beard face with his tail, and put one claw over his mouth indicating that it should be kept a secret "... and now your here...", Vrael scanned the cave for Grehyen, but couldn't see well in the dark. "Did... did you find him?... Is he gonna help me? Where is he? I wanna show him what i can do!" Vrael was excited, he started jumping around Tobias, eager for his response.

Jigsaw turned around in time to see Vrael's performance. Then she noticed Amazon's 'beard' and wondered if she should say something. She didn't want the poor hatchling to get frostbite on his face. Then again, it was hilarious. Jigsaw couldn't help turning around and giggling slightly. She was glad that everyone one was happy. But then another thought crossed her mind: Where the heck are Crisie and Flaming? She growled in frustration and shook her head. I have to go find them. Bruises or not. Jigsaw had not fully recovered from her fall, but she felt okay to fly and knew her time of escape would come soon.

(( I'm so sorry for not being active guys! I haven't been on other roleplays either, my life is going a little. Gah! Resume of what's happening? ))

@Dragongirl, ill catch you up on the OOC thread. Whats the last thing you remember?

Edited by TotallyDrow

Username:Auroralei

Charrie name:Vilia

Type of Dragon: Crimson flare

Personality: She is spunky and fun. She tends to over react and is super fun! Think Pinkie pie from My little ponies.

Powers (Read the rules): She lets out a flame of fire just enough to stun the attacker.

Stage (1st stage hatchie, mature, adult, ect): 1st stage hatchie

Clan or Loner? Clan

Other: