DragonGirl10188

Our War~ Accepting!

"Midnight..." he hissed lowly "why are you hanging around hatchlings? And their guardian, the dorssssssel dragon. Master Inkheart issss ssssleeping in his lair, he wissssshed for us to bring back the guardian of nature, but it is no where to be sssssseen. The lassssst time I ssssssaw it, it wasssss flying away in the hellfire wyven'ssssss clawssssss, making its essscape from us"

Jigsaw snapped away from the sky once more to see the large Black dragon leave the cave. "Where do you think you're going..." she growled softly, not intending for the Black to actually hear. Jigsaw hopped into the tree and stood on a high branch. With her vision, she could see everything in the total blackness. From here she decided to watch over the hatchling's cave while Shawnee was away. Her wings had started to glow slightly, not showing her outline but giving her the look of dying embers, pulsing a littled with different shades of red.

Midnight circled lazily a few times before responing to Dracouraca, "I am putting a plan into action. I'm going to gain the trust of this clan, then once their guard is down I will kill the dorsal and bring the hatchlings to our master. And I know about the guardian of nature's escape. Neither she nor the hellfire wyvern have returned here. Perhaps you should seek them out Dracouraca. It would be a shame if they were to be killed in the forest. Then master Inkheart's plan could not come to fruition."

Jigsaw saw Midnight rise into the air, above the clouds. Then he was gone. Some drink you're getting. Do you intend to get your water from the magical Floating Stream up in the clouds? Too bad it doesn't exist.. she thought sarcastically. The dragon had obviously forgotten that she was out and not huddled in the back of the cave. And that she could see in the blackness of night. I don't feel safe around this dragon. Perhaps I should go... go out and seek Crisie and Flaming, maybe? Anything to get away from that dragon. Anything. And the stars can't hide me in the daylight. Yes, tomorrow morning I shall go out on a 'hunt'. A hunt for some dragons. Jigsaw decided that she would tell Shawnee she was going out to find some extra food for the new mouths to feed. Telling a lie to honest and brave Shawnee would hurt, but she coudn't shake the feeling that the Black dragon would do something unspeakable. Like murder.

Dracouraca nodded his ugly head, flapped his wings quickly and before Midnight knew it, Dracouraca was disapearing from sight by the black mist circleing him. When it was gone, the marrow dragon wasn't there any more.

He reapeared in a clearing, the clearing between Silent Forset and the other green forset. Dracouraca sniffed the air, he manage to capture the scent of the guardian of nature and it made him turn towards the forset. Dracouraca stared at the forset for a while, remembering what happened to the other dragons whom went there and never came back out. No one knew what happened to them and ever since, no one dares to enter the forset. Knowing that his master would be deeply angry with him if he doesn't go into the forset. He flapped his wings and flew above it, being careful that he wouldn't get lost by cheaking behide him every few minutes.

He sniffed the air again, making sure that he was on the right track and kept on flying.

-----------------------------

Flaming pushed Crisie into a better hiding place, then hide with her. Opening her wings and covered them like shelter as they hid in the hole. "I don't like this" she whispered to her. It was already night and Flaming couldn't get any sleep by the werid noises going around in Silent Forset. Flaming didn't know if she should dare herself to try and sleep, she was so tired from the flight that she had and every part of her body hurted. Flaming didn't dare to make any noise, she didn't want some random monster to bust into their cave and eat them. She slowly closed her eyes...

After Rushling finished eating, Tobias took a few chunks of the cooked deer and had his own dinner. Once he finished eating he felt energy from the food flood through his body and felt rejuvinated. He looked over at Rushling and smiled, "What shall we do now? Do you want to play some more Rushling?"

~

After finishing his meal, Grehyen jumped down off of his rock and walked to the front of the cave. He looked at Steel and the black dragon but didn't see Shawnee. He smiled and walked out ofthe cave to explore the forest outside the cave. With no adult around he didn't feel he had to ask permission to do whatever he wanted.

~

After Dracouraca vanished Midnight dropped down from the clouds and flew along until he came upon a stream. He landed near the stream's edge and cast about before taking a long drink. He then turned and leapt into the air and flew back towards the cave again. Once he reached the clan's cave he circled down and landed outside. The vampire then settled back down on the ground where he had been laying earlier. After making himself comfortable, he preened at his wings a bit before laying his head down and closing his eyes. He did not need sleep like living dragons, so he would simply wait and pretend to sleep.

Edited by Drakossozh

Shawnee sat down by underneath a cedar tree needing to rest and recuperate from walking on her healing wounds. She considered sleeping here by this sweet-smelling conifer for the night; her logic was almost shattered from everything that had been happening lately, it wasn't this busy when she spent every night close to the Silent Forest. When she hunted the outskirts of the dangerous forest, daring herself to go a little bit farther in every day.

She closed her eye as memories resurfaced from days long past.

Hush a bye...

Don't you cry...

Go to sleep ye little Wyrmling.

When you wake, you shall fly

With all the pretty little hatchlings.

That was her mother, not her hatch mother, but her adopted one. The large daydream cradled little Shawna in her wings; sharing her body heat in the winter cold, trying to get the little one to fall asleep. For some reason, the little hatchling had extremely thin scales after she had hatched. Maybe it was because she had had softshell while in the egg. But that didn't matter to the daydream, this little dorsal was hers now, the dragon who could never have an egg of her own adopted a beautiful little dorsal.

Soon this winter would be over and little Shawna would grow her wings and learn to fly. She had gotten lost in the Ensia forest that year, but had caught her first rabbit, Oh how frightened and delighted Mother had been that day.

But once Shawna was an adult, Mother had gotten ill, her scales started to turn green and her health rapidly declined. The only thing that protected Mother from suffering any longer was the stone in the desert. Shawna had flown over the Silent Forest in its thinnest area. Once she arrived at the desert, the heat was too much for her to handle and she had been taken into a kindly ember dragon's den. The ember had retrieved the stone for her and she had wished on it, and as soon as she did, the ember flew out of the den with the stone in his paws, taking it back to where he found it. The ember never came back to her, so she had gone back to her mother that night, taking great care when she flew over the Silent Forest, keeping a high altitude.

Her mother was fine when Shawna arrived home, but she didn't remember Shawna at all. And even though the daydream had offered Shawna her home to stay for a while, but the dorsal had refused, to upset to even think about it. She flew away from her old home and the daydreaming daydream within it; changing her name to Shawnee and settling beside the Silent Forest.

Shawnee shook her head, dispersing the memories and thoughts of sleeping away from the hatchlings. They needed protection, and although she was sure that Midnight could take care of them over night, the dorsal needed to be there herself, guardian them through the blackness of night. Shawn looked at the moon, judging its position in the sky; About seven hours until morning.

The dragoness got to her feet and started walking back to the cave, stoical as she listened to the nighttime creatures call and dry leaves as they crunched under her paws. She arrived at the cave, somewhat exausted. Well, it was time for everyone to go to bed anyway. "Little ones, I believe that dinner is over. Come on, let's go to bed. It's going to be morning in a few hours, and you all need your sleep more than I do."

Shawnee plopped down by the fire, letting it warm her thin scales. She lay her head down onto the grass and rolled to where she was laying on her back. The dragoness stretched her legs to the sky, getting the tightness out of the muscles. She rolled back over to where she was looking at the fire. little did she know that this night probably wasn't going to be a peaceful one.

((Blargle! Long post!))

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Jigsaw heard Shawnee's footsteps as she returned to the cave. She almost called out, but after focusing a little she saw her outline and recognized her. Seeing this, she settled down on the tree branch and fell asleep, needing energy for her journey in the morning. Jigsaw still didn't trust the Black as far as she could throw a mountain, so she decided that it would be better to stay in the tree a little longer. She had a nightmare that night, of her fears coming true: Finding all the dragons dead, murdered. And in the darkness stood the Black, coming for her next. Jigsaw's eyes snapped open suddenly. She had rolled off her branch! She hit the ground hard, for she had been up about 30 feet. Too hurt to stand back up, Jigsaw lay on the ground, moaning. Everything hurt. Her wings, her legs, her head, everything. The pain was overwhelming. She could feel her consciousness flickering away, dying like a unfed flame. Jigsaw soon gave way and fell into blackness.

Amazon saw Shawnee walking away. "I guess that is a no....." Then he noticed that Midnight was missing, "Maybe he went to explore?" Amazon thought to himself. He began to walk back from to the cave when Midnight landed. Amazon turned around, "Hello again!" When Midnight laid down he said, "I am going to bed too! Goodnight Midnight. It rhymes! Well anyway see you in the morning." He walked back inside and was about to lay down when he heard Shawnee approaching. "Wow! that was fast." he thought to himself. Amazon turned around again before hearing a loud thump and something moaning. Quickly he ran into the shadows expecting to see a big monster. Tentatively he peeked out of the shadows and didn't see anything. He crawled silently along the wall of the cave. Soon he saw Jigsaw lying on the ground unconscious. "Jigsaw must have fallen out the tree." he thought to himself. Quickly he ran over to Shawnee, "Shawnee! I think Jigsaw is hurt! Come quickly!"

Midnight heard the thump as the little nebula fell to the ground. He lifted up his head and then got to his feet and approached the hatchling. She was unconcious. He saw Amazon rushing towards the dorsal dragoness to get her attention. The black reached down to pick up the hatchling in his right foreclaws and then carried her back to the cave, walking on three legs. He carried her up to Shawnee and gently set the hatchling down. "I believe she fell out of the tree she was sleeping in. I couldn't just leave her there until you came to her so I followed Amazon and brought her to you. Maybe you can do something for her?" He couldn't have just laid there while the hatchling lay injured in front of him, he didn't need blood on his claws. Not yet anyway...

Jigsaw was slowly released from the blackness of unconsciousness and her eyes opened just enough for her to see dragons looking down at her. "You... a-and Mid-Midni-Midnight we-were away so..... so I was wat-watching the c-cave... fell asleep... nightmare... rolled.. off.. off branch..." she mumbled, just barely awake. The message she thought she said was 'You and Midnight were gone so I climbed the tree to watch the cave, but I fell asleep, had a nightmare, and rolled off the branch and hit the ground.' She closed her eyes, the effort of talking making her tired. Her whole body was sore from her fall, but she had lived.

Vrael looked up from where he was laying down gorging himself on cooked deer. A piece of deer, still hanging from his mouth. He had noticed a gathering of the other hatchlings nearer to the front of the cave. The black Dragon had placed something on the ground near Shawnee. Curious, Vrael got up and stalked towards where the others were gathering, managing to squeeze his way through the legs of the much bigger hatchlings, he made it to the front.

Laying on the floor infront of him was the hatchling that resembled the night sky. He overheard her recollection of what happened to her, apparantly she rolled off the tree while sleeping. Vrael stayed where he was, his hesitancy preventing him from going closer, they had never introduced themselves to one another... so Vrael was unsure on what to do next :/

Shawnee heard the thump as well, but everyone else had reacted faster than she had, at least some one reacted. Lifting her head from the ground, the sight of a semi-conscious Jigsaw was there before her. "She fell from a tree?" The dragoness sat up and placed her paws gently on Jigsaw's body, running them along the nebula's limbs. She pressed carefully on each bone, taking care not to agitate any bruises. "I can't find any broken bones, but that doesn't mean they aren't seriously bruised. She doesn't seem to have a concussion either, but take care in watching her if she moves about."

Shawn opened her mouth and gently picked up Jigsaw to take the baby nebula to the cave. The grass was cool beneath Shawnee's feet, the dew had already fallen... Every hatchling ought to go to sleep now or else they all would be grouchy in the morning, she thought to herself. The dragoness placed Jigsaw down in the softest spot she could find in the wet cave, a small, dry recess in the stone floor that was lined with moss and lichen. "Take it easy, hon. Don't try to move or anything that requires to much effort. But if you need anything, just hollar for me, okay?"

Realising that Shawnee had the situation under control, Vrael went to look for Grehyen at his usual spot on the rock, however he was not there. Puzzled, Vrael approached Tobias, "Maybe he know's where Grehyen is.." Vrael thought to himself. Vrael had planned to ask the green frilled older hatchling for some help... during the mad adrenaline fueled sprint back to the cave, Vrael had noticed that Grehyen had the ability to breath ice aswell. If anyone could help Vrael master his ability at manipulating and breathing ice, it would have to be Grehyen, since he obviously has experience.

Vrael stopped a few inches from Tobias, he noticed that he was next to Rushling. Perfect. He could hit two birds with one stone. Vrael hadn't forgiven Rushling for the panic induced stressed earlier, he wanted to get her back for that "attack".

"Um..excuse me...Tobias..." Vrael paused..."Do you know where your friend... the other hatchling is... the one that could breath ice earlier...?" Vrael was keeping one eye on Rushling, waiting for the right time to extract his revenge."I... I... wanna ask him something.." Vrael finished...he was hoping that Grehyen could help him learn how to master the ice breath, for two entirely different reason's. One was personal and the other was due to what Shawnee had told him. Her words had ignited the fire within Vrael, more then ever he had wanted to get stronger. Both physically and mentally...

Edited by TotallyDrow

Jigsaw woke once more to find herself in a soft patch of moss. "Th-thank you'" she stuttered before curling up sightly and falling asleep. Looking for Crisie and Flaming might have to wait... was her last thought before falling asleep. ((Short XP))

After leaving the little nebula dragon with the dorsal dragoness, Midnight returned to his spot at the front of the cave. He curled up in the exact same spot he had been curled up in earlier and lay his head back down. After a few moments he closed his eyes to wait in fake slumber.

~

Tobias looked at Vrael when he came up and asked where Grehyen was. He looked up at the rock Grehyen had taken a liking to, but he wasn't there. He immediatly walked over to the rock and flicked his tongue at it to pick up a scent trail. He followed the trail to the front of the cave and stopped. "That censorkip.gif " He looked back at Vrael and Rushling with a frown, "Wait here. I'll go find him." With that, the young ochredrake set off into the forest in search of his friend.

Vrael watched as Tobias left the cave looking for Grehyen, now that Tobias had left the cave, it meant that Rushling was alone. A grin appeared on Vrael's little face. Time for revenge.... Vrael thought to himself... Vrael stalked over to where Rushling was, making sure to be as quiet as possible, a plan already brewing within his mind... the hunted had become the hunter... this was gonna be fun.

Vrael made sure that the others were not watching... especially the black dragon... Vrael had been feeling a negative vibe within the cave ever since that dragon entered, he personally did not understand why though... but if the older hatchlings where on their guard... he might aswell be on guard too,

Edited by TotallyDrow

The forest wasn't particularly quiet tonight. There were roars and whines and screeches coming from almost every direction, but that was only because the noise seemed to bounce from tree to tree until it sounded throughout the whole forest, and there were a LOT of trees. There were other things, too, like a few caves and some rocks, and there were even a few small dips in the land, but nothing that a newcomer to the forest would automatically notice, not that there usually are any newcomers. The majority of the population in here was made up of evil or just dark-looking dragons. There were other things, too, like bears, big black cats and big spotted cats, and various other dangerous things, but most of the animals were prey for the other dragons. There was some prey that fought back, though, so a lot of the dragons in here had a few scrapes, but nothing they couldn't handle.

Between the dense trees, there would sometimes be a shaft of moonlight here or there, shining down on the dark colored grass or some flowers. Yes, there were flowers here, but they were only the kind that didn't need much sunlight. However, there were some "day time" flowers, but they only grew near the light, and there wasn't much of that around here. There were a bunch of moths, some owls (if you were lucky enough to see them), and a bunch of other bugs and rats and such. Snakes slithered around vines that hung from the tops of trees, and there was always something watching everything else in this forest, usually they, too, were being watched. The dragons that were fighting or screeching were somewhere probably not close by, maybe in a clearing a little further in. Overall, this forest was pretty peaceful. It was when humans or dragons that were foreign to this palce came in that the forest started becoming chaotic, and that's where the bad reputation comes from...it doesn't help that no one ever leaves, but that's because most of them get lost because of the dense trees.

Tonight, though, the trees served as coverage for two hatchlings. Because there was no moonlight shining down on them, their eyes were black as usual and their slightly gray scales (because they're still a little young) could not be seen. "I smell it." One of them said as they sniffed the air. "It's that way." It disturbed the leaves on the side of the bushes the two had been hiding in, and they snuck away, weaving through the trees, concentrating on only one smell. Soon, the trail led them to a cave. The scent they had been following mixed with the stale odor of humans from a long time ago. The two hatchlings stood outside of the cave, still hiding in the dark and concealing plants of the forest. There was a large shadow over the cave, but nothing that they thought was too dangerous, but then again, they usually tried to stay away from other dragons, so they could be wrong. Judging that there was no danger, the two vampires crept out of the leaves, making as little noise as possible. They knew something was alive in the cave, but they didn't know what. Back in the bushes, something moved. One of the hatchlings turned back and whispered, "Stay there." The other dragon took its advice and stayed still, laying down so that it wouldn't get tired from standing. The hatchlings went back to exploring the cave, standing in the mouth of it. "Do you smell it?" The other vampire nodded, taking a slow step into the cave. His sister followed behind, checking over her shoulder to make sure that no one else was trying to take their kill. Following their noses, they ended up in the back of the cave, looking at a hellfire hatchling and a guardian hatchling. They both seemed hurt, but they were definitely alive and awake...well, one of them, at least. The two vampires looked at each other, as if asking what to do, when the male bent his head down near the defensive hatchling. "Are you both alive?"

Edited by Chibiboru

Steel sat at his post, watching and waiting. He turned his gaze from shadow to shadow, and repeatedly turning to stare suspiciously at Midnight. He would occasionally turn his head to gaze at the sleeping hatchlings, counting and even checking their breathing, before returning his attention to the un-trusted dragon. He watched as the dew formed around his claws, and twitched his back, causing several droplets to roll down his scales. All was quiet... at least for now. At least for these precious few hours...

She had rolled off her branch! She hit the ground hard, for she had been up about 30 feet. Too hurt to stand back up, Jigsaw lay on the ground, moaning. Everything hurt. Her wings, her legs, her head, everything. The pain was overwhelming. She could feel her consciousness flickering away, dying like a unfed flame. Jigsaw soon gave way and fell into blackness.

The guardian hatchling had been staring up at the moon, wondering at the dazzling light, when the horrible noise awoke the cave. He was about to rush over towards Jigsaw when Midnight picked her up. He stared balefully, watching the dragon's every move. If he so much as nicks a scale, I'll... I'll...

~~~

Rushling continued sleeping, though fitfully. She snuffled and growled and clawed at the stone in a dream where she seemed to be chasing something. The tiny hatchling slept deeply.

Shawnee broke her focus away from Jigsaw once she saw that the little nebula was safe and sleeping. She turned to look at Steel, the hatchling looked more and more agitated about Midnight. The way he watched the black dragon so closely, criticising every move. The dorsal dragon got up and walked over to Steel, sat down beside him, and nuzzled him behind his horns. "Steel, do you ever get any sleep? You've watched every dragon from hither and yon, why not relax a little?"

Vrael finally reached the spot were Rushling was...she was asleep... "This is gonna be easy", Vrael thought to himself... this part of the cave was covered in quite a bit of soft moss, creeping over, closer and closer...when suddenly.... *THUD*, Vrael's paw slipped, he went crashing down, the underside of his chin hitting the moss. The moss had softened the blow for Vrael... had he awakened the sleeping hatchling?

Edited by TotallyDrow

Jigsaw woke once again, sore everywhere from her fall, but felt okay. She lifted her head of of the shallow hole and rested her head on the ground. She looked around the cave, watching the dragons carry on with their business. Her soft gaze immediatly sharpened into a hard glare as her eyes fell upon Midnight. Something didn't seem right about the dragon, the one who had claimed to be an ally of Dracouraca. That had tipped the scales; if only he knew how much difference that had made to her. She had an already embedded hatred for the Marrow and this dragon worked with him, so why not hate Midnight as well? Jigsaw realized that right now the Black was not her biggest concern. She stretched her limbs in the warm depression in the cave floor and just watched the other dragons. She could probably get up but she was still pretty sore and flat-out didn't want to.