Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

This took much longer than I trhought due to problem from getting enough mints, astonishingly, but it's done at last!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/iz5BJ

some other finished lineages that I'm really proud of:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/5ARto

http://dragcave.net/lineage/49rKJ

http://dragcave.net/lineage/oMJ8J

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Jz27f

If you'd be interested in a blood swap I have this SoulPeace/Hellhorse lineage. smile.gif

That would be lovely smile.gif

...of course my stupid dragons showed no interest dry.gif

Edited by Varnayrah

As soon as this pair give me an egg, I will be a quarter of the way to a mate need for him. To be fair, I've already bred out all of the 2nd gens I need for the next 7th gen lot I breed them in, so I am further along than a quarter of the way.

I'm not doing much in the way of other projects at the moment. But I am gearing up to start breeding so I can attempt another gen for my zombie checker. I figure, if I get really lucky with my zombification attempts this Halloween, I can have one this year. 5 attempts and I will need 4 of them. It took me 2 years just to get to a 3rd gen after I decided to attempt it. *crosses fingers*

If you'd be interested in a blood swap I have this SoulPeace/Hellhorse lineagesmile.gif

I have a Soupeace x Hellhorse lineage too! wub.gif I can breed any gen up to fifth. Mine uses M. White x F. Daydream for the Soulpeaces instead of the other way around, but I'd still love to swap if you guys wanna. biggrin.gif

Edited by Tecca

I have a Soupeace x Hellhorse lineage too! wub.gif I can breed any gen up to fifth. Mine uses M. White x F. Daydream for the Soulpeaces instead of the other way around, but I'd still love to swap if you guys wanna. biggrin.gif

That would be great. I'm hatchling locked right now, so can't breed for either of you right now, but will be glad to later.

This took much longer than I trhought due to problem from getting enough mints, astonishingly, but it's done at last!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/iz5BJ

some other finished lineages that I'm really proud of:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/5ARto

http://dragcave.net/lineage/49rKJ

http://dragcave.net/lineage/oMJ8J

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Jz27f

wow. very nice on all counts!

So... I am finally seriously starting on figuring out a mate for this little lady.

I already have the 2nd gen male bred, just trying to decide what to do with the female.

While I could just do a nhiostryfe x swallowtail checker, I feel I'd much rather have a breed that will appear in the blue family in the 1st gen and the red family in all subsequent generations - all as a female of course - and get a bit of a checker going with that.

I haven't officially picked the breed, and was wondering about suggestions? While I know other spriter's alts are a possibility, I'd prefer not to go that route, as I'd like to be able to breed this past the 4th generation.

My current thought is male nhio x female gon = female avatar of change, which would at least be in somewhat of the correct color family. Thoughts? (I did breed both of my female GONs today, but only Nhiostryfes, so I am fearful that this will also be frustrating).

Of the other color-changing dragons...

Anagallis - If I wanted to do a mirror this is a distict possibility, just switch the angallis to male for 2nd gen and up, but I'd rather do a checker.

Copper - Not possible. Female decides coloring so color wouldn't change.

Dorsals - I don't think they fit the feel of the rest of the lineage

Nebulas - While a distinct possibility, and probably pretty, I'm not a masochist, and so this isn't really something I'd want to commit to actually breeding. (Which nebula coloring is more common right now?)

Day/Night Glory - Can't breed with regular dragons, and not the right colors anyway.

Ridgewings - Not the right colors for what I'm hoping to do.

Seasonals - I could do Winter to Spring maybe? But it's not really the feel I am hoping for... Plus I would have to wait until next year to do it.

Sunrise/sunset - Not the right colors for what I'm hoping to do. Closer than the ridgewings, though.

I thought about hybrids, too, but they are not in the color scheme I am hoping for.

SolarCat, I'm not yet familiar enough with the breeds of the last ~3 years and how they're obtained to make any useful suggestion. The idea with the GoN sounds lovely though.

Another dragon that has the possible blue/red change might be the gemshard?

~~~

Me, I'm trying to figure out what to do with this Sunset/Sunrise line. I'm currently breeding her mate, with a mirrored pattern that would result in a blue/pink/blue arrow and finish in the 5th gen.

But I could also breed a male from her parents (I actually had one, but got rid of him because I didn't think I'd want to use him...), which would result in the pink lines to point outward instead of converging... and then? I guess double the set to breed a 6th gen, which would result in a zig-zag pattern? That would be a pretty big commitment and I'm not sure I want so many sunsets/sunrises on my scroll. What say you?

I think you'll get less extra sunset/sunrises if you work with the inbreed approach. Building a mirror image mate is going to take more dedication.

@SolarCat I think your current idea is the closet you can come if you don't want to use nebulas. I was thinking stripes when I heard your plan but of course the first gen would be white. You could turn the second one blue with the right mate but you wanted that one red already.

Red nebulas are more common than blues at the moment if my own experiences are any indication.

Edited by Laura-Lana

I think you'll get less extra sunset/sunrises if you work with the inbreed approach. Building a mirror image mate is going to take more dedication.

Not so much actually, I already have all the CBs and 2G and one of the 3G. So all that's missing is mate + mate's grandpa actually. And I know grandpa's parents won't refuse because I already bred them once! I worked on this on and off for two years before a loooong hiatus, so it's almost done.

I don't really like inbreeding but it does offer possibilities of course... I could finish the two mirrored 4G sets and then match them over and over to get up to... what's the maximum number of gens displayed at once, 12?

So... I am finally seriously starting on figuring out a mate for this little lady.

I already have the 2nd gen male bred, just trying to decide what to do with the female.

While I could just do a nhiostryfe x swallowtail checker, I feel I'd much rather have a breed that will appear in the blue family in the 1st gen and the red family in all subsequent generations - all as a female of course - and get a bit of a checker going with that.

I haven't officially picked the breed, and was wondering about suggestions? While I know other spriter's alts are a possibility, I'd prefer not to go that route, as I'd like to be able to breed this past the 4th generation.

My current thought is male nhio x female gon = female avatar of change, which would at least be in somewhat of the correct color family. Thoughts? (I did breed both of my female GONs today, but only Nhiostryfes, so I am fearful that this will also be frustrating).

Of the other color-changing dragons...

Anagallis - If I wanted to do a mirror this is a distict possibility, just switch the angallis to male for 2nd gen and up, but I'd rather do a checker.

Copper - Not possible. Female decides coloring so color wouldn't change.

Dorsals - I don't think they fit the feel of the rest of the lineage

Nebulas - While a distinct possibility, and probably pretty, I'm not a masochist, and so this isn't really something I'd want to commit to actually breeding. (Which nebula coloring is more common right now?)

Day/Night Glory - Can't breed with regular dragons, and not the right colors anyway.

Ridgewings - Not the right colors for what I'm hoping to do.

Seasonals - I could do Winter to Spring maybe? But it's not really the feel I am hoping for... Plus I would have to wait until next year to do it.

Sunrise/sunset - Not the right colors for what I'm hoping to do. Closer than the ridgewings, though.

I thought about hybrids, too, but they are not in the color scheme I am hoping for.

could use a blue gemshard to begin with and hope the next gen turns red. i didn't see that on your list.

@SolarCat: Start with Xeno Chrono and continue with/hope for Xeno Thalassa? Ah, screw that - Nhios are alpine; they would make Astrapis, at best.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Solarcat: if you need help getting a correctly-color 2nd gen nebula, just let me know what mate you would like (another nhio?) and I'd be happy to give it a try. I have a TON of CB nebulas.

I also think spring dragon's suggestion of using blue --> red gemshard bears consideration smile.gif

I ended up breeding a really neat "purple flame" lineage, completely unplanned. xd.png The red/orange and purple really mix well together.

Edited by helix9

I ended up breeding a really neat "purple flame" lineage, completely unplanned. xd.png The red/orange and purple really mix well together.

That is amazing! smile.gif I never would have thought of that combination, but it is very pretty.

Oh agreed, that works rather well together! If you need help trying to continue it my male Volcanic Xeno and Fem Guardian are off cooldown atm. I should have egg slots open tomorrow. Just shoot me a PM smile.gif

Trade offer refused, so if anyone needs a 2g gaurdian from 09 val for a project just shoot me a pm

Spirt Wards surprised me nicely, I didn't pay attention to them after the release and only noticed they are glowy yesterday on my own scroll xd.png

Now I bred them with Orange Nebulas and with Mageia. I will watch them throughout the DC night (thankfully not my time zone) and see which pairing is the best.

I think dragons like those (and Nocturnes) are really cool.

Spirt Wards surprised me nicely, I didn't pay attention to them after the release and only noticed they are glowy yesterday on my own scroll xd.png

Now I bred them with Orange Nebulas and with Mageia. I will watch them throughout the DC night (thankfully not my time zone) and see which pairing is the best.

I think dragons like those (and Nocturnes) are really cool.

I will be watching your Nebula pairing since that is one I am thinking of doing, too. I bred one with a Magma yesterday for a gift and I liked the way they looked together when the "glow" was on. smile.gif

And this is almost finished. Just need this pair to like each other and give me a "fail." I started this shortly after the Soulpeace dragon was introduced when I started seeing a lot of "fails" in the AP. I decided to build a lineage of dragons that could only dream of being Soulpeaces. wink.gif Two+ years and many Soulpeace and wrong breed eggs later . . . biggrin.gif

Edited by purplehaze

Nebulas are always good :3

And so are white lineages!

Oy. I got greedy and lost a shiny. I bred my nebulas to my silvers and was surprised at getting no nebulas and two silver eggs. Then I went through my Holiday pairings as I got two new golds to try to help my Gold x Holiday along. Got refusals from my snow angels as usual (yeesh guys!) And bred a 3g from my solstice pair... which promptly auto abandoned. Doh! At least I know that pair can produce an egg now though.