Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

It seems it will take a lot more breeding to come to any definitive answer. So far we have green from green, blue from red and red from blue -- but that is only from 4 Stripes I have seen posted to this point.

Maybe blue and red just got switched?

This happened before although for the life of me I can't remember which dragons had their colors mixed. However since you don't know which color the gem will be maybe you won't know which stripe you'll get either laugh.gif

That's going to make my stripe projects very interesting- but at least they are giving stripes- so many new releases aren't sad.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

Is anyone else having a hard time breeding blue gemshards or is it just me?

I've been only getting green & red from him and him. I'm starting to wonder if the progeny's color really is random or if there's a factor no one's noticed yet.

Edited by Daydreamer09

I haven't started keeping my gemshards yet, too many other projects 1-3 eggs away from completion. I've just done some testing on pairings I thought might look nice together. But that said, looking at the children that have hatched it seems split fairly well. A few more reds and less greens but I've several blues in the mix.

And oh my, a biome specific rainbow release :3

I'm kinda glad this one covers each biome. It should be easier to remember which is which. We'll have to see if they have copper breeding traits.

Edited by Vhale

I fell in love with the Gemshards when they were released and breed them fairly frequently for various projects. So far I don't have the impression that any one color hatches less often than the others.

Seems like you're having some really bad luck there.

And speaking of gemshards, I was going to keep my eggs that I had as they were going to hatch tomorrow. But I couldn't stand it. Threw them to the AP and managed to nab two incuhatchable cb gemshards, green biggrin.gif

/happy dance!

These new wyrms are very nice bold colors. Especially the orange. I'm going to have to force myself to stop calling Magi "Orange" dragons.

And oh my, a biome specific rainbow release :3

I'm kinda glad this one covers each biome. It should be easier to remember which is which. We'll have to see if they have copper breeding traits.

That's kind of my reaction except its more like "So many eggs! How can I collect them all before they become too uncommon?" But I do like the way they look to the point. Depending on how they breed, it might even be fun to do a PB "checker."

For my PB project: ARRRGH! I can't move ahead until I get one egg and for the last two breedings, the pair have shown no interest. There is at least one pair in every project that is this way. Silly guardians, you're supposed to give me eggs. A refusal would be less frustrating because then I'd know I would need to rebreed.

I have been working on a few Game of thrones even gen quote lineages and was able to breed this girl this week http://dragcave.net/lineage/rDUX0 bringing two of my lines together.

Edited by Ramica

Awesome naming projects are awesome smile.gif

Oy, I had no trouble catching bluesangs or trios when they came out, but these Xenos? Don't even see them to catch. I'm backing off to finish up my gemshards and get some breeding done.

i saw 3 or 4 in the 2 days i camped in the volcano (for a couple hours each time) to get my last one to make a pair of each. got a CB magma out of it though.

but i finally might have a mate for my plated colossus that keeps refusing his ladies. they didn't produce an egg but they didn't refuse either.

and i found this in the AP and got a potential mate. will have to wait to see how they look as more than 2nd gens as there isn't a hatchery that i know about with a lineage viewer at the moment.

finally got the purple i wanted from this pairing so calling it done. http://dragcave.net/lineage/H4u5Q

Edited by spring_dragon

Falling in love with Astrapi x gold and Thalassas x silver

I was curious about the gemshards x stripes so I just tried 30+ pairs and got 20+ eggs... ALL gemshards. Look for them in a few days, I guess :\ It was pretty frustrating, I was really wanting to get some stripes and add to the data.

Congrats spring!

I had a hard time finding much in the ap for a bit so I went back to the gave, got a silver and ice!

I'm sure all my breeding projects are ready to try for eggs right now, But I think I'll fill up with cb fever wyverns from the ap first, I'm close to having 16 of each gender. Seragammas if I find them. And more gemshards, Xenos if I catch one.

Those metal Xeno pairings really are nice too...

/grabby

i could try some gemshard x stripes but they will all go to the AP as i'm locked right now. i could wait til tomorrow though. does someone want a specific color combo or is it just for data?

Edited by spring_dragon

I just tried a few stripe x gemshards and got exactly one stripe out of four tries... it's green. Not exactly helpful, probably, but still interesting.

And it went to the AP so if anyone wants to try and fish it out, go for it. It's a rather pretty combo, really.

female blue gemshard x stripe: 1 red stripe, 2 gemshards

female green gemshard x stripe: 3 gemshards

female red gemshard x stripe: 3 gemshards

male blue gemshard x stripe: 3 gemshards

male green gemshard x stripe: 2 gemshards, 1 refusal

Male red gemshard x stripe: 1 blue stripe, 2 gemshards

Edited by spring_dragon

I just bred 26 pairs of Gemshard x Stripe.

16 Gemshard eggs

8 no interest

2 Blue Stripe from male Red Gemshard

I'm curious whether anyone has ever gotten a red Stripe from red Gemshard, or a blue Stripe from blue Gemshard. All I have seen seem to be red from blue or blue from red. And all the greens I have seen have bred green Stripes. It's a small sample, but interesting.

Edited by purplehaze

well, well, pulled the nebbie out of the AP to see what I would get

red from gold claimed biggrin.gif

I AM NOT going to start another project with nebulas so if you can use this one PM me

Edited by dragonpuck

i hate to say it but i needed these to be purple!

so if anyone doing an alternating color lineage with nebbies and dorsals? if so i have 2 2nd gen red dorsals from purple nebs and purple dorsals.

http://dragcave.net/teleport/53c941575ccac...52dbd6107583cf6

http://dragcave.net/teleport/900628ed71d09...55032d9d9dae531

will probably AP them about 5 or 6PM cave time tomorrow.

Edited by spring_dragon

Another 4th gen, woot~

...maybe this one will be nice enough to gender female for me so I can breed it with one of the male 4th gens I bred a few weeks ago who are just waiting around for a lady.